The Call Of A Mute Heart

Por Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 13

955 39 29
Por Arzuera

You fell onto your couch with enough force to send the pillows flying into the air. Finally. You were done. After getting home a couple days ago from Germany, you finally finished unpacking everything from the trip. Clean clothes were put away, your dirty ones were already in the washer, toiletries were back in the correct spot.... The only thing left was the violin.

Your eyes wandered over to the instrument case that was propped up against the arm of the couch. A warm feeling forming in your heart, bringing a smile to your lips. The night you had got that violin from Mettaton, you had set to work getting it prepped to play. Using the rosin on the bow, checking the strings, then tuning it immediately after. You hadn't gotten much sleep after that. Instead you had played whatever came to your mind for as long as you could, while Mettaton listened with his eyes closed on your bed. It wasn't until Alphys came to get you up that you stopped playing the thing.

From then on the trip seemed to fly by. You were shooting most of the day and when you weren't you were sight seeing with your friends. Even though you knew it was supposed to be work, it didn't feel like it once! The whole thing felt like a month long vacation! It was only when you had to go to that hospital for a check up did you want to just come home. But even that hadn't been that bad. Like Mettaton had said, you didn't go alone. Everyone had come along to support you.

However, the doctor who looked you over didn't have any of your old medical history. So he did what he could, which wasn't really in depth, but he had said you would be fine. A welcome relief to you and all of your monster friends. Other than the snowstorm and the doctor visit, there wasn't really any bad things that happened.

Undyne ended up winning a local arm wrestling competition with ease. Papyrus had gotten lost in the city one time and when you found him he was helping a lost child find his mother. The family was happily reunited without any issues. You would have thought Mettaton would have had some more risky adventures with him being a renowned idol but that wasn't the case. He and Sans didn't travel to far from your side after the accident. Which was nice but you didn't need them as your personal heart guards 24/7.

There just was no need for it.

Pulling yourself out of your reminiscing, you look at the land line phone, on the table near your head . The bright red number 30 flashing on it. Thirty unheard messages. If they had the time to call then why didn't they just text you? It's not like your number had changed. With a groan you hit the replay button and the first message begins to play.

"Hi, baby! This is your Grandmother! Just calling to wish you a happy birthday! Call me bac- I-I mean contact me when-"

You cut the message off by hitting the next button. Making a mental note to text her back later.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (Y/N)! I HOPE IT WAS AWESOME! Sorry I couldn't stop by-"

With another press of the button, you cut off the message and the next began to play.

"Hey there! Sorry for the belated birthday wishes but I have a ques-"

Silently growling, you just hit the stop button and the messages stopped their replay. Your friends and family knew you had a cellphone. Why had they not texted it to you? It was easier that way because you could even respond back! Unlike a phone call. Yes, it is the thought that counts but common sense does as well. They had done this just so they could avoid an awkward conversation with you and it hurt. A lot.

Not wanting to give into the bad mood that was creeping up your back, you grab the violin case and snap it open. With practiced movements, you pick up the violin, sliding the bow across the strings with ease. As a pleasant melody hummed out, a contented sigh escaped you. There was nothing like venting your emotions through music. So that's what you did. Playing your heart out on the vibrating strings.

This violin was absolutely wonderful. The beautiful notes playing out with the masterful movements of your hands. It played beautifully and it fit in the crook of your shoulder perfectly. How Mettaton knew what size violin to get and let alone if it would be a good one, you had no idea. But you were grateful all the same. Since your old one was, more than likely, beyond repair.

It wasn't until a loud persistent knocking on your door, that disrupted your rhythm, did you stop. You weren't expecting any company. Then again most of the monsters liked to drop in unannounced, anyway. So you put the violin and bow back in it's case, then got up to answer the door. When you opened the door, two familiar skeletons stood before you.

"HELLO, (Y/N)! WE WERE WONDERING IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HANG OUT TODAY?" Papyrus's voice filling up the silence that had settled in your home, once you stopped playing.

"Hey there, bud. Finish all the unpackin?" Sans stood off to the side giving you a small wave as he said it.

"Yep, it wasn't so bad since I packed all those flash lights." You sign to them with a bright smile.

Papyrus cocked his head at you confused but Sans was already snickering behind him. "WHY DID YOU PACK A BUNCH OF FLASHLIGHTS?"

"Because packing light is key when you travel."

"SANS! YOU HAVE RUINED THIS HUMAN!" Papyrus screeched in dismay but it was lost on the two of you. While still silently laughing, you step aside and gesture for them to come inside.

Soon Sans was raiding your fridge for ketchup with Papyrus turning on your TV to watch the latest MTT shows he had missed while abroad. Even though, he had seen the robot idol everyday for about a month. You watched the tall skeleton from the hallway, holding back a snort of silent laughter. Talk about a die hard fan.

It was during your internal pun fest that your rarely used doorbell went off. That was something that you haven't heard in a long time. Leaving the skeletons to entertain themselves, you answer the door. Your eyes grow wide in shock. Before you was a girl you haven't seen, in person, in years. A girl that you used to do everything together with you. A girl who was supposed to be your best friend.

She stood there on your doorstep with a bright happy smile on her face. A blonde girl, you didn't know, standing a bit behind your 'best friend' texting on her phone. Before you get a chance to recover from their sudden appearance, you are pulled into a tight bear hug as you friend squeals in delight.

"OH MY GOD, (Y/N)! IT REALLY IS YOU! How have you been?"

You wait until she finally releases you to respond. "I've been good.... And you?"

It takes your friend a few moments to decipher what you had signed. "Oh! I'm sorry! I may be a bit out of practice but I have been great!"

Maybe she was here to hang out? It was certainly unexpected but you weren't going to complain. Feeling a little giddy from the happiness, of having your old friend stop by, your lips turn into a soft smile. This could be good! "Would you like to come in? It's been so long that we could catch up."

"Oh, (y/n), I'm sorry but we can't stay." Your friend offers an apologetic smile as she says it. The blonde behind her still not looking up from her phone. "You see...We are only in town for a couple more hours then we have to head out... But I wanted to stop by and see you before we left! OH! And ask you a question."

Your smile falters a bit at the rejection. Of course. Of course, she would only stop by because she needed something from you. Isn't that what all of your old friends did? "Okay.... What is it?"

"How did you meet Mettaton?!" Your friend's voice got higher pitch the more she spoke.

Mettaton? When have you EVER mentioned Mettaton to her? Noted you were thrown in front of cameras and announced the big winner of the song contest on international TV.... But your friend would have contacted you a long time ago if she had seen that broadcast... Unconsciously, your eyes narrowed a little bit skeptically at the two girls on your doorstep. "Where did that come from?"

"It came from this." The blonde finally spoke up after your friend translated what you had signed. She stepped forward and placed her phone in your hands. Youtube was already loaded up to a particular video. You pressed play and you were treated to the day that Mettaton had gone in for his battery upgrade. He held you gracefully aloft as he danced around the music shop to the music you had loaded up. Several people in the video were asking 'who you were' and 'why Mettaton was there?'. You continued to watch it for a bit then hit the stop button. Not before taking note of how many views that the video had gotten.

"THIS HAS 10 MILLION VIEWS!?" You signed after handing the phone back to the blonde. Your friend clapped her hands on your shoulders. Her eyes lit up in excitement.

"It went viral! This video is ALL over the internet! At first I didn't believe it was you. But how can it not be?!" She released your shoulders to jump up and down in front of you in excitement. "So I'll ask again..... How did you meet Mettaton?"

You let out an exhausted sigh. So this is why your 'best friend' was even gracing you with her presence. She wanted to know about Mettaton. Begrudgingly, you told them how you entered his song contest. You told them how you had won. Their eyes growing wide with excitement the more you signed. "To be honest, I just got back from Germany a couple days ago. We were shooting scenes for the music video."

"THAT'S SO COOL! OKAY! I have one more question for you." Your friend once again had her hands on your shoulders. Despite how happy they were, you felt dread starting to form in the pit of your stomach.

"Okay... What is it?"

The two girls shared a look before looking at you with big pleading eyes. "Could you get us free front row seat tickets to Mettaton's concert next week? I mean it should be easy since you're friends with him right?"

"No wait! Maybe you could arrange it so we could meet him!" The blonde girl spoke up with glee.

The dread in your stomach started to turn. You stepped back out of the hands of your friend. Your eyes betraying the disbelief and hurt that you now felt. "Is that the only real reason that you stopped by? You only wanted to talk to me because I know Mettaton?"

Your friend stepped back a bit. "No no no no no no! Of course not! That was was just a side thing y'know because I wanted to see you!"

"That's bullshit and you know it!" You sign to her as hot angry tears start to form in your eyes. "If you are going to just use me then at least be fucking honest about it!"

It took her a little longer to figure out what you had said because you had signed so fast. Once she deciphered it, your friend's happy face vanished. "Okay. Fine. Yes! I thought that since we were friends you could help us meet him. I mean that's what friends do right? Help each other out?"

"Since when have you helped me out since we graduated?!" Pure rage filled your entire being. You were so mad that you couldn't see straight with the angry tears.

"(y/n), I've been busy with my own life since then...."

"BULLSHIT!" You cut her off by taking a threatening step forward and stamping your foot on the ground hard. It was the easiest way to show how angry you were since you couldn't yell."That isn't a fucking excuse! You have a cell phone but you never call me. You never text me. You never contact me in ANY way! Whenever I would contact you, I would just get one to two word answers. You never cared what has happened in my life since! It was like I no longer mattered to you!"

"Gurl, chill out! You're signing so fast she can't keep up! Calm down!" the blonde spoke up and moving so she was right next to your 'friend', as if to back her up in a fight.

"I'll calm down when I feel like it!" You stamp your foot several more times in frustration at their lack of understanding and the fact that they wanted to use you.

"Whoa there, I heard that angry girls are all the RAGE but this is ridiculous, kiddo." The two girls before you gasp in surprise, as Sans makes his entrance. He saunters up to your side., brand new ketchup bottle in hand. The white pin pricks that were in his eyes normally were gone. "Now I didn't mean to listen in on this heated conversation but I got the gist of it. I'll translate for ya, kid."

The blonde was now kind of hiding behind the girl that was your 'best friend'. The stout skeleton's intimidating aura getting to her but it wasn't even noticed by you. Your friend took a couple steps back. "(y/n).... Who.... Who is that?"

"This is my good friend, Sans. Unlike you." You say before crackling you knuckles and laying into her. "You are probably one of the worst people I have ever met. You ignore me on purpose. FOR YEARS! When all I am is a phone call or text away. But no. Instead, you ignore me just like everyone else! You're only there for me when it is convenient for you! Only coming to see me when it is convenient or you want to use me for something. Once I've done that, you throw me away like a used tissue! Forgetting about me entirely until you need me again!"

Sans didn't miss a beat. He interpreted your flying hands with ease. Making sure not to omit or change up anything you wanted to say. After taking a deep breath to calm yourself down a bit, you continue on, "I was on Mettaton's TV show when I won the contest! It was on INTERNATIONAL TV! LIVE! You didn't call or message me then to congratulate me or anything! You didn't know how many times I went to the hospital for false scares. You didn't know about my awesome new neighbors! You didn't know about how I started working at MTT Studios and how I almost died in a car wreck in the middle of a snowstorm in Germany! Why? Because you don't have the time of day for me unless it's all about you!"

Your friend's mouth was open in surprise. The outburst completely catching her off guard. She, quickly, recovered and her surprise was replaced with anger. "What the hell, (y/n)? I'm friends with you since we were in kindergarten and this is how you treat me when I come asking for help? I'll have you know that YOU are probably the wors-"

"Uh, you may wanna stop right there, buddy." Sans steps up in front of you so that he is a barrier between you and the two girls. "Now you may have your reasons but... Friends don't use friends when it is convenient for them. Nor do they ignore them in their times of need. Now I may have not known kiddo, here, as long as you. BUT. In all the time I have, I have yet to hear any of her friends mentioned in a positive light once."

He pauses and lets his words sink in. The girls backing up a couple more steps. "Now you may need to rethink what you are about to do and just leave now. If not then you are going to need to ask yourselves one thing..."

"Oh and what's that?" The blonde girl states after getting a moment of courage.

"Do you want to have a bad time?"

The looks on the two girls faces turn from anger to absolute terror. You can't see what Sans is doing with him right in front of you but whatever it was those two had gained a healthy respect for the skeleton. They continued to walk backwards down your sidewalk until they reached their car. Without taking their eyes off of Sans, they got in and peeled out of the driveway. The tires screeching loudly, as they sped off.

Once they were out of sight, the anger that you held seemed to melt away. Leaving you sad and hollow. Backing out of the doorway, you pressed your back against the hallway wall and slide down it until you were on the floor. This was a confrontation that you had been trying to avoid for a very long time. You knew that she was just using you when it was convenient for her but she still helped with the loneliness when she visited. You hoped that she would change. Tears streamed down your cheeks. There was a sense of finality in that fight you had. She would never come back and talk to you again.

A silent sob escaped you. Even though she probably never really considered you her friend....you had. This hurt. So much. You curled up into a ball by hugging your knees to your chest. Why were people like this? Boney arms wrapped around your crying form. "Don't cry, kiddo. Those two don't deserve them."

"SANS! WHY IS (Y/N) CRYING?"

Sans picked you up and carried you into the living room. You buried your face into the fur of his blue hoodie. He stopped and thought his words over carefully. "Some hot headed people stopped by."

"BUT I THOUGHT (Y/N) LIKED GRILLBY?"

Wait, what? That's not what he mean-...You let out a silent chuckle at Papyrus's misunderstanding with Sans chuckling right along with you. "No, Paps. Wrong hot head."

Papyrus placed his gloved hand on your head and you felt him try to comfort you by stroking your hair. "(Y/N).... Are you alright....?"

Turning a bit so your hands are visible, you address the tall skeleton. "I'll be fine.... After all.... The Great Papyrus is here."

"THAT'S RIGHT! AND I KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!" Papyrus pulls out his phone as you pull your face out of Sans's hoodie to see what his brother is up to.

"How's that?"

"WHENEVER BAD THINGS HAPPEN A NICE CREAM WILL CHEER YOU RIGHT UP!" Papyrus starts punching in a number on his phone, after posing heroically.

Sans's smile grew even bigger. "Paps..... Are you going to help (y/n)..... Chill out?" You silently snickered into your hands, earning you a wink from the stout skeleton.

The younger skeleton let out a loud annoyed groan. "THAT'S IT, SANS! NO NICE CREAM FOR YOU!"

"But, Paps.... That's not very nice!" Sans was really on point with the puns.

You wiped away the tears from your face as you listened to the two skeleton brothers bicker. All the while, confusing the poor nice cream guy on the other end of the phone. They always seemed to know what to do to get you smiling again. You know what? Screw those two. Why should you be sad when you've got two completely awesome friends right here? Two friend that actually give a damn that you exist! So you silently laughed along with Sans puns while even including a few of your own. Much to Papyrus's dismay.

Eventually, Papyrus heads out to go pick up the nice cream, leaving just you and Sans. You move to sit next to him on the couch, one of his arms still in comforting position over your shoulders. "Thank you for that, Sans."

He gives you a wink before messing up your hair. "Don't mention it. That's what friends do."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

102K 3.1K 39
Imagine Undertale, but Chara never showed up. Chara wasn't the first human in the Underground. What if a glitch occurred, and you fell down instead? ...
17.3K 868 20
"I couldn't hold my breath for so long, my vision was all blurry, and my hearing muffled. I heard a loud splash and saw something red and flowing. I...
10.5K 217 22
you cannot talk. you have a notebook and pencil you carry around with you everywhere. you've never talked. everything you do is silent. a single soft...
30.8K 778 30
Your violet aka (Y/N) your the new robot you make music like napstablook like EDM, Dubstep, Electro and more but when mettaton said you would go on s...