JADE

By that___girl___

HIGHEST RANKING: #4 in Abuse #7 in Undiscovered I fell in love with my husband in high school. He was the b... More

Must read!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
The Quiet
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 5

23.9K 600 158
By that___girl___

Chapter 5
May 16, 2023

I pull up to the driveway of a house that is owned by my best friend, Florence. She has been my best friend since 3rd grade. She might be a little crazy but it's in a good way.

I had called her prior to arriving at her house. Before driving here, Dawson and I went to the park and a little dinner downtown. We had to kill some time before going to Florence's.

I park the car and get Dawson from the back. My legs take me to the front door. I ring the door bell and wait. Once I hear her footsteps I turn around, the door creaks open. "Jade! You idiot, turn around" she laughed.

"I will if you promise not to say anything, let me explain first. Promise me" I say to her.

"I promise." Once I hear the words leave her mouth, I spin around. She gasps at the large bruise on my face. She opens the door wider so I can walk in.

"Aunt Flo!" Dawson giggles and thrashes in my arms. I set him down and he runs go Florence. She picks him up and kisses the top of his head.

"Hey, Buddy! I have missed you" she says to him. He giggles and wraps his little arms around her. "Hey, Dawson, why don't you go to the living room. I need to talk to your mom." With out hesitation, he runs down the hallway.

"What the fuck happened to your face!" She whisper-yells. I look down at the floor, not knowing what to say to her. "Braxton?" I kept quiet.

"I'm going to stab a bitch" she stomped to the kitchen, knowing I would follow her. She actually picked up a knife from the counter. I race over to her, grabbing the knife from her hand.

"Calm down! I told you not to say anything" I told her.

"Well when I see my best friend with a freakishly huge bruise on her face, I get angry! What do you expect?" She asked, flailing her arms.

"I don't know, I will explain what happened," I tell her the whole story with Matt coming over, and how Braxton found out.

"Matt has always been my favorite" she states.

"Florence!" I yell out. Her face breaks out in a smile.

"He has always been a nice guy. It sucks he left though." She grumbles.

"That's my point, he left. I wasn't going to wait around for him, I moved on. Now I love Braxton."

No, you don't, the evil voice said.

"How can you love a guy who hurts you? Both physically and mentally." She questions.

You deserved it.

I'm calling you Dexter, you evil fucking thing, I thought.

No, call me bones, more badass.

You don't get a vote- my thoughts were cut off by Florence snapping her fingers in my face.

"I truly don't know. He's never done this before. I just said I wanted a divorce, then he snapped. I'm so lost" I confessed, getting back on topic.

"You can stay here for as long as you want. And plus we can have girls night" she smirked. Her type of girls' night is clubbing, which I truly didn't mind. I never really got to party when I was young since I got married and had Dawson.

"I'm scared for Dawson, he shouldn't have to witness this. I feel bad, maybe I am a horrible mother." I frown at my own confession.

Yes, you are truly a terrible mother and human, Bones said.

"Hey, you aren't a bad mother! Braxton just has you brainwashed into thinking so. And it's not your fault that your husband is an ass." She assured me.

It's your fault- Bones

I shake my head, hoping the thoughts would go away. I'm going crazy, now I'm hearing voices.

"He didn't use to be like that, and you know that. Time changes things." I let out a loud sigh, then I laid my head on the cold counter.

"Yeah but he's like this now. And that's what matters, he's changed. Not in a good way, maybe you should leave him. If you're not happy." She admitted.

"He has his bad days. He flipped out with me saying divorce, what do you think would happen if it actually happened?"

"He can't do anything, you have Dawson. If he did do something, he wouldn't forgive himself. And you know that."

"As I was leaving, he said he was going to make things right. Maybe he's changing?" I made it sound like more of a question than a statement.

"Okay, we need to stop talking about this! He's bringing me down, I like being high not low." She whined. "I need a boyfriend!"

"Then get one," I answered.

"It's not that easy," she complained.

"Florence, you need to find the right guy. Not just a hot guy that means nothing," I said.

"Well.....is your brother single?" She asked sheepishly. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Oh no! Not going to happen! No, no and no." I yelled out, throwing my arms around.

"Why not? He's cute and my type"

"Because if it doesn't work out, our relationship would be ruined. I am not risking it" I replied. She just gave me a sad face.

"You don't know the struggle, you have been married for almost 7 years!"

"And I have enjoyed most of it."

"No more talking. Go to bed, you need to rest" I nodded my head at her statement. "Go sleep in the guest room next to my room. I will bring your stuff later." She told me.

"Dawson! Let's take a nap" I yelled out, soon he came running into the kitchen. He jumped into my arms, and I took him to the guest room. Once my head hit the pillow, my brain faded into darkness.

*Braxton's POV*

I knocked on the door to Jade's best friend's house, Florence. She opened the door with a smiling face, but once she saw it was me, she frowned.

"Go away!"

"Where is my wife?" I snapped at her.

"She's sleeping with her son. She needs to rest. Why do you care?"

"She's my wife! Of course, I care" I growled at her.

"Did you care when you hit her? Did you feel bad when you saw that huge bruise?! I don't think so" she tried to slam the door in my face, but I put my foot in the door.

"That was an accident. You don't know what actually happened! You don't know shit."

"I know, Jade told me everything. I know how you leave her alone. How you treat her like dirt. You get drunk or high, come home then verbally and sometimes physically abuse her. She even told me how you threw her ex-boyfriend out on his ass!" She yelled at me, I pushed the door open and stepped inside the house. I ran up the stairs and looked in every room until I found Jade and Dawson.

They were lying peacefully on the large queen sized bed. I tiptoed closer to the bed, wanting to get closer to my family. My heart broke when I saw the very large colorful bruise on Jade's face. Her face was drenched in tears, she was crying in her sleep.

I did this to her

I leaned over the side of the bed and kissed her forehead, and Dawson's. I sat down on a near by seat, just thinking. I don't know what to do! I fucked up so bad. I hurt my own wife, my soul mate. Now she wants a divorce. I stood up from the chair and walked out of the room.

I didn't look at Florence as I left her house. Once I got into my car, I broke down. Water started falling down onto my cheeks. I wiped away my tears and drove away from the house. I want my wife back.

*Florence's POV*

Once I saw Braxton had left, I went to the guest room where Jade was. I shook her awake, she glared at me when she finally woke up. "What?" Her voice was raspy from her long nap.

"Braxton is crying, he does care. He needs you."

-*-*

So that's chapter 5! I hope you guys enjoyed it

Remember to comment and vote on the chapters :)

-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.4K 698 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
3.1M 77.1K 37
Jade Stone and Blaze Daniels used to be bestfriends from the age of 3 to 15. In Freshman year Blaze realised that he had the potential to become more...
10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...