The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 9

1K 44 7
By Arzuera

A/N- Hello everyone! To be honest I haven't been home for the past week and won't be home until May 2nd or the 1st. So the Q& A will be in next week's chapter because I haven't had the time to write it and I've barely had the time to write this one. Anyway please enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WOWIE! LOOK AT ALL THE HUMANS!"

You clapped your hands over your ears when Papyrus decided to yell his thought out loud right next to you. But he was right. There was a lot of people here. Yet that was to be expected at an airport. You got up with your bags to move over to the seat on other side of Sans. That way your ears wouldn't get blasted again by the happy skeleton. Your knee bounced up and down in excitement. This was actually happening. You were really here. Your song was going to become a music video.

After Mettaton had gotten his upgrade, he had made sure to schedule times to work with you. Despite his already jam packed schedule. At least 2-3 times a week, you would be in his office discussing music or on stage listening to vocals. A few months later you both finally did it. The song was completed.

But was Mettaton going to just announce it at one of his live concerts? Of course not. It's Mettaton. Instead he immediately began planning the script of a music video for it. He didn't leave you out of the loop. The robot had dragged you headlong into the creation process with him. Asking you what story that you wanted it to portray and how you would go about doing it. Every time he had an idea or a concern, he brought it to you first. In the end, you finally made a script and what the scenes would be.

You had thought that once that was done then that was it. But nope. Mettaton wanted you to be IN the video with him. You were going to play songbird. To be honest, you should have expected this. After all, that has been your nickname since Mettaton had met you. So here you were. In an airport with Sans and Papyrus on your way to Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany. Both had been invited to come along which you were grateful for. Now why were you going to a specific castle in Germany? Well in several of the scenes it depicts a castle covered in snow in the background. When Mettaton and you had done your research, he had fallen in love with the building. The next day he had bought you tickets and rented out an entire hotel in preparation.

Despite everything taking months, it all felt like it had gone so fast. Each day had been a lot of fun. It felt like it was a dream. You were surrounded by good times and great friends everyday that it felt so surreal. Hopefully, when this was all done and over with Mettaton wouldn't forget you.

Your heart ached at the thought. Over the past few months, the flamboyant robot had grown on you. If he decided to stop talking to you once this was all done it would hurt. A lot. You shook your head to erase the previous thoughts. No. He wouldn't do that.

Mettaton wasn't that kind of guy. He wouldn't forget about you or leave you alone. Though he would probably be so busy that he couldn't stop by and talk like he normally did anyway. You heaved a heavy sigh to rouse yourself back to reality. Bringing your attention back to your surroundings. Swarms of people walked through the terminal trying to find the correct flights. Sans was asleep on your left and Papyrus sat beyond that. Well... He should have been. The tall skeleton wasn't there now.

Quickly, you stood up, looking through the crowds. Hoping that his tall stature could be used to your advantage but to no avail. There were to many people and you weren't tall enough to see over them. So you set you carry on to the side, hoisting yourself up onto the seat in an attempt to view from a higher vantage point. Nothing. Wherever the skeleton went, it was outside your line of sight. You run your fingers through your hair in frustration before hopping off the seat to shake Sans awake.

"Where's the fire, kiddo?" grumbled the smaller skeleton groggily. He stretched with a yawn.

Once he had his eye sockets on you, you were able to respond. "Papyrus has wandered off. I don't know where he went."

Sans shook his head, standing up. "Well we better go find him. The others should be arriving soon and then we'll be heading out."

Splitting up Papyrus's things so that nothing was left behind to be stolen, you lug your own stuff along. Calling out for the younger skeleton with the read text option on your emergency phone, hoping he can hear you through the crowd. You wandered through the airport until you realized something. This place was huge and you had no idea where you were. None of the things around you looked familiar. At this point, the additional baggage was getting rather heavy. While trying to adjust the weight around, you bumped into someone causing you to fall on your back. The luggage sprawling out everywhere.

"I'm so sorry!" You signed to the person after getting up. They didn't seem to notice. You gathered up the luggage only to be almost knocked down again. This time you made sure nothing would go flying. Once you could, you stood up and actually got a look at the person.

Before you was a really tall fish lady. Her red hair tied up into a ponytail. She was arguing with a security officer. Your presence completely ignored despite bumping into her twice. The woman looked pretty strong. She probably didn't even feel it.

"What do you mean this isn't the right place? How could I be wrong?!" she demanded, shaking the poor officer by his collar. "It is almost time for the plane to take off and I haven't even found my friends!"

The security officer was trying to reach his radio in an attempt to call for back up by distracting her. "M-Ma'am... Who are your friends?"

"A yellow dinosaur! Two skeletons! A pink and black robot! Kinda hard to miss in this crowd!" she growled out, shaking the officer more.

You looked up. Was she talking about Alphys, Sans, Papyrus, and Mettaton? Without any hesitation, you tap the intimidating blue fish lady on the arm to get her attention. Her piercing yellow eye glanced down at you. The other hidden behind an old eye patch. You give her a shy smile. It seems like every one of Sans's friends could understand sign language. If she was his friend then she probably knew it too. It was worth a shot.

"Sorry to interrupt but were you talking about Alphys, Sans, Papyrus, and Mettaton?" your hands shook while you signed. The woman's intimidating aura starting to get to you.

"You know them?!" she dropped the officer and turned her full attention to you. Her anger replaced with hope. You nodded your head. Placing a hand on the officer's to stop him from calling help, you gave him a gentle smile. So far your hunch was correct but it was highly unlikely that the officer was able to understand you. But if he did it was better than trying to find your phone in all your luggage. Putting it in your carry on had not been your best idea.

"Officer please don't call anyone. I got this." you signed to him only to receive a look of confusion. Yep, he didn't understand. So you turned to the fish lady. "Could you repeat what I said to him please?"

"Why?" she looked at you confused.

"Because not everyone can understand sign language. If you don't he is probably going to call more officers since you kind of attacked him?"

"Fine, fine.." She grumbled but relayed the message. The officer looked from you to the fish lady before nodding. He gets up and heads out. Straightening his uniform as if nothing happened. You let out a sigh of relief.

"So you are headed to Germany too?" you asked her before trying to pick up all the luggage.

"Mhmm. Name's Undyne." She watched you for a second. Then after watching you struggle with all the weight, she took them from you while still carrying hers. The muscles in her arms showing through her leather jacket. "These all yours?"

"(y/n) and no. Most are Papyrus's. Sans has the rest. Paps just wandered off so we split up to search for him." You tried to get some of the bags back from her but Undyne refused to let you carry anything.

She let out a snort. "Yeah. Sans is looking alright. Looking in his seat with his eyes closed."

"U-Undyne! A-Are you okay?"

Both of you turned your heads in the direction of the timid voice. Alphys waddled up, her bags rolling behind her. Undyne flashed her a toothy confident grin. Easily readjusting all the bags she was carrying on to one hand. "All this? This is child's play!"

You had to admit that seeing one woman lift 6 heavy bags was rather impressive. The yellow dinosaur monster was no exception. Alphys's dreamy gaze turned to you and her expression turned into a shy small smile. "H-hello, (y/n). I thought you would be with Sans and Papyrus?"

"Papyrus wandered off. So we split up to search." you began to sign when a tall person with a red scarf walked through the crowd in the distance. "There he is!"

"Where?!" Undyne turned around fast and just caught a glimpse of the red scarf as he turned a corner. "PAPYRUS!" She dashed off at a breakneck speed through the crowd. Not caring who she knocked over in the process thus leaving a trail of poor trampled people behind her.

"U-UNDYNE!" Alphys ran after her with you following close behind. How the fish lady could run that fast with all that added weight was a mystery. Undyne darts around the corner and stops so suddenly that both Alphys and you crash into her. Crumpling to the ground but the fish monster wasn't fazed. "Undyne! You can't just go barreling through a crow-"

"THERE HE GOES!" Undyne ignored the two of you, who were getting up off the floor, and pointed to the tall figure in the distance. He turned into a new terminal. The strong fish monster continued her pursuit. Leaving Alphys and you in her dust as you both tried to keep up with her. You ran by a map. The small glance you got made your eyes grow wide. Why was Papyrus on the entire opposite end of the building from where you had started? How had you managed to get that far without noticing?

You huffed behind the small yellow monster. Who was surprisingly fast despite her small stature. Your heart pounding along side your lungs. Once again, Undyne stopped abruptly. Alphys managed to preemptively stop but you ended up crashing into her anyways at her sudden lack of movement. Getting up again, the both of you panted out of breath.

"Hey! There she is!"

"Stop!"

"Quit running over people!"

Glancing back down the path that Undyne had made, you silently groaned. Even though you said you had handled it, the security officer was back. With friends. They were running after the three of you. Tripping over fallen people as they went. You tugged Alphys's arm and pointed to the 4 guards headed your way.

"U-Undyne! We n-need to s-stop this!" She grabbed Undyne's arm and you grabbed the other to try and get her attention. The strong fish monster wasn't listening. Her single yellow eye scouring the crowd in front of you.

"THERE HE GOES!" Once again, Undyne went after the glimpse of the red scarf. But this time she was dragging you and Alphys along with her. Both of you clung to the arm you held. Holding on for dear life.Around you people screamed in surprise before either jumping out of the way or getting trampled. The calls of the guards fading into the distance. She turned one more time into a long hallway that housed several businesses. Restaurants and gift shops lined either side with lots of people milling about.

Undyne skidded to a stop with Alphys and you dropping to the floor. The small yellow monster stood up with her hands on her knees. "U-Undyne..... Please.... W-We're g-gonna get in troub-"

"FOUND HIM!"

All you see is Undyne run into a french restaurant and lunge at something. A surprised scream shortly following.You share a brief look with Alphys. Her eyes mirroring your worried ones. Without a word, you both get up. Running into the restaurant after Undyne.

Several people were clustered around the monster and her victim. Somehow you both managed to push your way through the crowd. "Undyne dd-id y-you get Papyru-" Alphys started to ask when she saw the same thing you did. The luggage was dropped around Undyne who had the person she was pursuing pinned down. But it wasn't Papyrus. It was a mime. Who probably worked at the restaurant that you all stood in. The red scarf around his neck all askew. Alphys stepped up next to her, placing a hand on the monster's blue shoulder."U-Undyne that isn't Papyrus."

"Ya, think?" Undyne stood up with a frustrated sigh. The poor mime knocked out on the floor. You looked around at the ever growing crowd of people, tugging on Alphys's arm then Undyne's.

"We need to get out of here..." you signed to them both once you had their attention. Undyne let out an affirmative grunt. She picked up the luggage and walked out. The crowd scrambling to get out of her way. You following behind her with Alphys. Then you took her arm and guided her into a nearby girls room to hide from any security officers that may be on there way to check the disturbance.

"W-Where could h-he be?" Alphys wrung her hands with a worried expression on her face.

You smiled reassuringly to Alphys. The yellow eye of Undyne noticing this immediately. "What you smilin about, punk? We still don't know where Papyrus is after that chase that YOU pointed out."

"I never thought I would live to see the day that I would see someone tackle a mime." Silently giggling as you signed it. A few moments after you said it your phone went off. Quickly, you snatched your carry on from Undyne and fished out your phone. One message waiting for you.

Sans 1:35pm

Found Papyrus. He saw a kid in a striped shirt and thought it was Frisk.

Flipping the phone around, you showed Alphys and Undyne the text. They both breathed a sigh of relief. "W-well, this i-is good! Go a-ahead and message h-him these details. Mettaton sent me the flight information. W-We can meet up there. I-I was just going to lead us all t-there together b-but this is probably easier, at this point." Alphys then listed off where everyone was supposed to be and you sent it all to Sans. Receiving a confirmation in a few seconds. With that, the yellow monster starts walking off urging Undyne and you to follow. From behind, Undyne wolf-whistled at the smaller monster causing her to pick up the pace out of the embarrassment. You raised an eyebrow at the tall fish woman.

"You know, I hate to see her leave but I love to watch her go." Undyne said with a chuckle. She didn't keep it low either. She had said it loudly. Everyone around you had heard it. Even from behind you could see the blush that had seemed to take over Alphys's body. You give Undyne another look in which she just laughs off. "What? I can't compliment the girlfriend?"

"Wait.. You two are?" You began to sign but stopped when she just waggled her eyebrows at you. "You don't seem like the easy to trust type? Why are you opening up so quickly?"

"You're friends with Papyrus and Sans right?" she asks as Alphys slows to a halt at an almost empty terminal. There were a couple flight attendants, with Sans and Papyrus waiting there. You nod your head at Undyne then give the skeleton brothers a wave. "Then you are already a friend to me in my book."

What? Just like that? Almost every monster you have met has been this way. Not long after you met them they seemed to become your friend. First Sans and Papyrus... Then BP, Mettaton, and Alphys.... It was amazing how generous these monsters were. You wouldn't be surprised that they were better people than most humans. Well, at least most humans you knew.

Alphys walks right past the skeleton brothers to talk to the attendants while Undyne and yourself wandered over to them. "(Y/N)! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE FOUND YOU." You were swept up into a gentle hug by Papyrus. He twirled you around before setting you down. Undyne set the bags down and he picked his up from the pile. You tried to take yours but she didn't give you the chance. She swiped up the bags, holding them high above your head.

"Come on! Can I have my stuff back?" you asked her after jumping a couple times in an attempt to get them.

"With those scrawny arms? I don't think so." She gave you a toothy grin, showing off her sharp teeth. "Next time Papyrus and I are having a training day you are coming along."

"But she looks absolutely fabulous the way she is."

Mettaton walked in from the airplane walkway. A broad grin on his features. He easily grabbed your things from Undyne and handed them to you. "Thank you, Mettaton." you gratefully shouldered your things as he walked back to the walkway and addressed the group.

"Alright, Darlings! Whose ready to go to Germany?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1K 24
(Y/N) is an artist. An extraordinary one to say the least. She is quickly climbing her way up the ranks. And who knows, one day she may even become f...
175K 6.3K 34
COMPLETE These feelings were just a bug. A bug Alphys couldn't figure out. That's all that Mettaton knew, because after all, he was a robot and you...
291 14 19
RUN. HIDE. KEEP RUNNING. KEEP HIDING. YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER. UNLESS YOU KILL. This human did not know these rules. She's in for a s...
118K 2.9K 17
Something I've been thinking about making for a while now. I hope you guys can enjoy it! (Warning! Themes of suicide and depression are in here as we...