The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Easter Special

1K 51 17
By Arzuera

A/N- Happy Easter everyone! You get the regular chapter and a special chapter this week. The regular chapter will be posted later this week. This may be cannon later but not in the current story timeline. Anyway I hope you all enjoy and have fun today! Also the children's story mentioned is not written by me. I found it here:
I repeat it is not mine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know, if you didn't like it then all you had to do was say so." Mettaton said not amused. His tone turning offended towards the end.

Not that you really noticed. It didn't matter. You were currently hunched over clutching your sides as silent laughter shook your entire being, tears streaking down your cheeks. Earlier, you had been working with Napstablook when you had been called to the robot idol's office, only to find Mettaton dressed up in an Easter bunny costume. He had long white ears, his nose painted pink with whiskers on his cheeks, and a fluffy cotton tail to pull the whole outfit off. Your sides hurt but you couldn't stop. Seeing him dressed up like that had made you lose it.

The clearly offended robot sat on the edge of his desk as he waited for your laughing fit to end. Putting his head in his hands, he watched your shaking form. Taking deep breaths, you slowly regained your composure. You walked over to the window seat and sat down while wiping tears from your face.

"You done, songbird?"

"Yes, yes! I'm done. What...what is this," You began to sign to him before gesturing to his get up. " all about?"

Mettaton raises an eyebrow at you. It was obvious that he wasn't sure if you were actually done laughing at him. Then again the big grin on your face probably wasn't reassuring him at all. You pretend to cough in your hand to hide some last minute giggles.

"Songbird, do I really look that silly? It's for Easter." he asks with an exasperated sigh.

Without any hesitation whatsoever, you give him a playful nod. "But I will admit, you look rather cute!" you sign to him with a silent giggle.

"Oh, darling, I think you can find a better adjective than that." Mettaton stood up tall and brushed his black locks from his face, giving you one of his signature poses.

"True, you look truly.... Egg-cellent." you sign to him only to receive a groan in return.

"Sans has corrupted you, my little songbird." Mettaton stated sitting back down on the edge of his desk while rubbing his temples. Immediately, your giggle fit was back and you rolled around on the window seat. When you managed to calm down again you see Mettaton watching you with a playful smirk on his face. "Well, at least one of us is having fun."

"So... Why?" you ask him again.

"Right! Well, my dear, I received an email from the children's hospital that isn't to far from here. They asked me to stop by for a visit." He said as he leaned back on the desk to read the email on his computer. "Of course, I naturally agreed. Since Easter is in the next couple days, I figured I would do something for the little dears while I was there."

"What were you planning on doing?" you signed to him once he had turned his attention back to you.

"I did some research and found this darling little story called The Hare and The Elephant." He picked up a printed off copy off his desk and handed it to you. "I figured I would perform it for the little cuties. Thus.." He struck a pose and used his arm to gesture down his getup. " the costume!"

You chuckled at him and flipped through the short story. "So why did you call me up here?"

"Well, this is all short notice and some of the kiddies are deaf or mute." Mettaton says while scratching the back of his head through the costume. "Would you mind being a translator for me?"

"Of course!" you say after putting the book in your lap. "When will we be going?"

"In about....4 hours." Mettaton says giving you a show stopping grin but you aren't letting it go.

Your eyes grew wide. "FOUR HOURS? What about the other narrator? The one who can speak? Who is gonna play the elephant? This really is short notice!"

"Oh, I know! I just got wind of it earlier today but I can't say no to them! As for the other roles... I haven't gotten that far..." Mettaton said as he rubbed his chin in thought.

A knocking at the door had you both looking up as Sans and Papyrus made their way into the office. Sans had to hold back tears and giggles when he saw Mettaton's outfit whereas Papyrus didn't seem to be fazed by it. Mettaton gave them a confused look as to why they were here. Then looked at you questioningly.

"They were supposed to bring me some new clothes since I hadn't gotten a chance to go home." you explained then gave a happy wave to the skeleton brothers.

"Yup. Got 'em right here, kiddo." Sans said as he raised up a bag and tossed it to you. It landed in your lap and you gave the skeleton a grateful smile. Mettaton shot up and you all looked at him.

"Sans... Papyrus... Are you guys free for the rest of the day?" the robot asked the two with a renewed gleam in his eye.

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS WAS JUST GOING TO TRAIN TODAY!" Papyrus proclaimed proudly while striking a heroic pose.

The smaller skeleton put his hands in his hoodie pockets "I was thinkin of hittin up Grillbyz later."

"Would you two mind helping a certain robot out?" Mettaton asked them sweetly.

"OF COURSE, METTATON!" Papyrus exclaimed, truly happy that he could help his favorite idol out.

Sans gave him a shrug before noticing your pleading look that was directed his way. He caved. "Eh, I've got nothin better to do."

"MARVELOUS!" Mettaton cried as he pulled the two into a tight hug. "It looks like we have our other narrator and elephant!"

You waited until Mettaton had released the two and you tapped the glass of the ever changing windows to get the boys attention. "I hate to say it Mettaton.... But shouldn't Sans be the hare and you be the elephant?"

"Why do you say that, darling?"

"Well.... The elephant is supposed to be tall and you are taller than Sans. It would be weird if it was the other way around." you signed to them.

"Hey, hey kiddo! You callin me short?" Sans said with mock hurt.

"Good things come in small packages, Sans." you raise your hands in innocent surrender as Sans mulled what you said over.

He gave you a playful wink, "Nice save, kid."

Mettaton let out a frustrated sigh. "I wanted to be the hare...." He stopped and thought about it some more. Getting more annoyed the more he thought about it. "But you are right and I don't have the time to look for another story."

Taking charge you clap your hands to get all their attention again. "Then let's get an elephant and bunny costume! We need to rehearse!" you sign after putting the book on the seat and hopping up. "Let's go!"

So after three costume shops and several practice performances later, the four of you were walking through the children's hospital. The nurse's eyes light up when they saw your group and led you to where you were supposed to be. As soon as Mettaton walked into the door in his elephant costume, the high pitched squeals of happy children filled the room.

The ones that could ran up to him and started talking a mile a minute. He laughed. Kneeling down, he talked with them a bit on their level and gave them each a hug. The kids in the beds weren't left out either. The robot made sure all the children got to say hello before walking to the front of the room and clapping his hands to get there attention.

"Hello, you adorable darlings~! Today, with the help of my friends, we are going to put on a little show. The Hare and The Elephant! So gather around everyone~" Mettaton said in a sing song voice and the children eagerly obliged. You and Papyrus made sure all the kids could see. Moving beds with the help of nurses so that everyone could see the show. Once that was done, Papyrus took his spot off to the side and you moved to where you were visible by all but still off to the side.

Sans stood next to Mettaton in a smaller bunny costume. A fake bunny nose strapped to his skeletal face. He looked adorable and you had made sure to take several pictures at the costume shops to show everyone later. There had still been some dispute about who should have been the hare but in the end... time won out. The robot idol flipped his trunk to the side as he waited for the children to settle down so that they could begin. Taking his cue, Papyrus opened the book to the first page and began reading. Making sure to keep his voice to a more normal tone. Immediately, you began to sign the words of the story and some of the children perked up. Happy that they will be able to understand.

Once upon a time, in the jungle, lives a young elephant whose playmate was a very large hare. In spite of the difference in size, they were great friends and had fun playing strange guessing games. One day, the hare said to his good friend...

"Hey, buddy. Which of us is bigger? You or me?" Sans said while gesturing to Mettaton and then himself.

At the silly question, the little elephant nearly fell over from laughing.

"Oh my goodness, darling! You must certainly be joking!" Mettaton exclaimed after his laughter had rang around the room. He bent over and gave Sans a playful but challenging flick on his forehead. "Why, even on tiptoe, you're not as high as my fabulous knee!"

You stumbled in signing because of Mettaton's improv. Sans eyes narrowed a bit and he rubbed his forehead. Yet he continued the story, "That's irr-elephant! Since I say that I'm bigger than you, we need a judge. Don't you agree?"

Mettaton's eye twitched at the pun. Sans was returning the look with an equally challenging one. One of his eyes starting to flare up a bright blue color. They both seemed to be getting a bit heated. Papyrus gave you a look and you shrugged at him. Maybe they were still fighting because of who got to play the hare? They stopped when Papyrus cleared his throat.

"Oh, darling! Yes!" said Mettaton regaining his composure. " I know! Why don't we go to that cute little village over there and see what they have to say? I bet the dearies will be the cutest of dearies and the best of judges." As he spoke he strutted forward and gestured out to the children. Who all squealed in delight. Mettaton looked back at Sans and gave him a challenging look. You shook your head. It seems that the best actor would be decided by the kids. This could get out of hand...

Turning the page, Papyrus picked up the story again and you signed alongside him.

As they reached the village, they met some of the villagers. "Look at that young elephant! Isn't he small?" folk remarked as the unusual duo walked by.

Without a second thought, Mettaton walked forward and up to the children. Strutting his legs and making elephant noises to the giggles of the kids. Sans eye flickered even more. Papyrus was so into the story that he didn't notice the competition between the two.

"Yes, he is indeed! But he'll soon grow up," said others. Then somebody noticed the hare... "What a huge hare!" they all cried.

At that, a blue aura enveloped Mettaton and he was launched up to the ceiling. "What the-... SANS!" The robot flailed in the air, flustered, and the kids erupted into laughter. The stout skeleton ignored him. "Put me down!"

"Nah." Sans walked forward as Papyrus continued the story without noticing what was going on.

Now, the hare tried to keep in front of the elephant and puffed out his chest. As he passed, all the villagers exclaimed: "Look at his paws! And those ears! That's the biggest hare we've ever seen!"

Sans commenced to prance around the room while forcing Mettaton to come along. Puffing out his chest as the story said. Much to the children's amusement. They watched as Mettaton struggled to break free from the skeleton's magic to no avail. Eventually he gave up and just laid on his side in the air. Looking at his nails, while waiting for Sans to finish his little parade. Sans did a few laps before stopping back at their original positions.

"You done?" the robot asked in a bored tone.

"Yep."

"Can I get down now?"

"Hop-pily." Sans said and he lowered Mettaton to the ground and released him of his magic. Mettaton was shaking his head at the stout skeleton's pun. The robot's reaction eliciting even more giggles from the children.

"MAY WE CONTINUE ON?" Papyrus asked. He had stopped the moment he had heard the children's laughter at Mettaton being paraded around like a balloon.

"Yes please, darling!" Mettaton smiled while gesturing to continue. The robot gave Sans a glare and he gave an innocent shrug. Papyrus cleared his throat again.

When he heard this, the hare turned to his friend, saying...

"We can go home now, buddy! It's settled." Sans said while giving Mettaton a smug grin. "I'm huge and you're tiny!" As he said this the skeleton made an implied gesture to Mettaton, in the blind spot so the kids couldn't see. Sans then turned to the kids leaving the robot behind him with a rather annoyed but shocked look on his face.

The elephant tossed his heavy head. At a loss for words, he knew the hare had won by low cunning. But back on the jungle path, he lifted his foot and said to the hare, walking ahead....

"Get out of my way before a tiny elephant crushes a big hare like you!" As he said it, Mettaton raised his hot pink boot and started noogying the top of Sans skull with it. The skeleton tried to swat at Mettaton but he elegantly evaded. Sans went after him and a game of cat and mouse began. The two chased each other around the room dodging over medical equipment, beds, and children. You looked up at Papyrus. A playful smirk on your face.

They lived happily ever after. The end.

Papyrus closed the book and cheers came from the tiny hands of the crowd as joyful laughter filled the room. The children watched the two monsters with glee as they pursued one another. It continued until one of the orderlies came in.

"Alright, everyone! Time for the egg hunt!" she called. "What are you two doing?" the orderlies tone turned chastising.

Sans and Mettaton stopped their fighting. Mettaton was in the midst of an air kick but Sans had stopped him with his magic. The robot was released from the magic once again. They both hung their heads in shame under the nurse's disapproving glare causing the kids to laugh again. You chuckled along with them. It wasn't often that you got to see a skeleton and an international star get treated like little kids. There was no winner in this contest.

You helped get the kids ready while the others lead a group outside. Soon you were all in the courtyard hunting for eggs. Papyrus was giving a couple of the kids piggy back rides while Sans was helping a kid with his magic reach an egg in a tree. Mettaton was being pulled this way and that by the children. They ran up to him showing him what they had found. At the same time he was helping kids look. You sat on a bench under a tree in the center of the courtyard, watching it all happen. Everyone looked so happy and joyous. A warm feeling spread throughout your heart. This was such a good thing to do. You were glad Mettaton had brought you along.

Once the egg hunt was done, Mettaton gave all the kids a final farewell. He hugged each and every one, even going inside to all the ones who couldn't go outside. This robot had a heart of gold. It was so sweet that he pulled this all together last minute for the kids. Eventually, he walked back into the courtyard and joined you on the bench with a tired sigh.

"Despite it going slightly awry, this was a lot of fun!" you signed to him encouragingly.

Mettaton chuckled. "Of course it was fun. I was there!" You rolled your eyes at him. "I can't believe I let Sans get under my metal like that. They all saw me lose composure!"

"It made the performance even better because of it!" You pulled out your phone and showed Mettaton the picture that you took of Sans and him being scolded by the nurse. "This was hilarious!"

"Delete that!" he exclaimed while lunging for your phone. You quickly evade and put it into your pocket, silently laughing as you do.

"No way, Mettaton! I've got something to my advantage on you two."

"I've got something to my advantage too...."

"Oh really? Wha-" you were forcefully cut off as Mettaton wrapped his long arms around you and pulled you close, squishing your hands between you two. Your body pressed up against the cool metal of his chest. He lifted your face gently. Before you had a chance to comprehend what was going on, he pressed his lips to yours.

A bright blush spread across your face while your heart thudded loudly in your chest. You heard the sound of a camera and flinched. Slowly he pulled away and when he did you noticed that your pocket felt light. Mettaton raised his hand and in it was your phone. He did something on your phone before handing it back to you. Quickly, you unlocked it and made sure the picture was still there. It was but now there was a new one. The picture was of you and Mettaton had just done. The robot had set it to your background.

"Songbird..."

You looked up to have Mettaton press a kiss to your forehead. He pulled away, chuckling at your flustered reaction.

"Thanks for coming with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 778 30
Your violet aka (Y/N) your the new robot you make music like napstablook like EDM, Dubstep, Electro and more but when mettaton said you would go on s...
12.2K 643 20
There's something wrong with the timeline. You've lived in an underground crypt with cracked green walls for as long as you can remember. And that's...
25.2K 627 29
You are saved from being physically abused in public by a skeleton walking by. He helps you but your journey isn't over. From having a sex addict boy...
98.3K 2.6K 21
One day you just need to escape from harsh reality, maybe the stories of Mt. Ebbot are true? *Trigger warning, this book does get dark*