The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Chapter 3

1.4K 58 35
By Arzuera

Hello, everyone! Can we make maid Papyrus a thing? Please? It's to cute!

==========================================================================

The loud roar of a vacuum cleaner pulled you out of your deep slumber. Why the hell was your vacuum cleaner running? Who was in your house? Wearily, you look around your darkened bedroom, groggy and confused. Then the memories of yesterday swarmed in your mind and you let out a sigh. Sans and Papyrus had witnessed one of your more violent attacks. There was no doubt that they were probably to scared to leave you home alone and thus had stayed the night.

Ugh. What time is it? You lifted your head and your body protested the movement. Your body was still heavy with sleep and tired from the strong attack that you had yesterday. Despite all the protests, you sit up and look over at the alarm clock on your nightstand.

10:30 am

Man, that attack had worn you out. Staying in bed sounded like a wonderful thing but you had things to do today. There was no way you weren't going to show up to the studio now. It was time to face the music. You slide your feet to the floor and stand up, rubbing your eyes. A yawn escaped your lips, as you walked out of your room into the hallway. Immediately, you came to a halt. Your hands clapping to your mouth to stifle silent laughter.

There in front of you was Papyrus. He was vacuuming while humming a tune to himself. A pink apron was wrapped around his skeletal frame. You stand there and watch him a bit before he turns around. His face lighting up. "HUMAN!" he calls, turning off the vacuum cleaner and you walk up to him.

"Good morning, Papyrus." you sign to him with a smile.

Papyrus pulls you into a rather gentle hug. "A GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO!"

You pulled away and looked at him curiously. This was the first time that he had handled you so gently. Had your attack scared him that much? Also, why was he cleaning your house? This is definitely something new. "What are you up to?" you signed to him curiously.

"WELL," he began in his usual loud tone and then it dropped. "You see... Sans explained to me what had happened and that also explained your odd reaction to my hugs..." Your eyes widened. He looked to floor sadly and sorry was written all over his face. Did he think he hurt you the first couple of times? There was no way you could let the sweet skeleton continue that train of thought.

"Papyrus, it's okay!" you signed to him, trying to cheer him up. "You didn't know and I didn't exactly tell you about it." A frown forming on your features. So he HAD noticed your adverse reactions to his hugs. You mentally berated yourself. This was something you needed to work on. You didn't want to advertise your health issues to everyone or cause people trouble.

"I know..." Papyrus said before recovering and striking a heroic pose. "BUT WORRY NOT, HUMAN! FOR I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM MAKING IT UP TO YOU BY TAKING CARE OF YOUR HOUSE!"

You silently giggled at his enthusiasm. "You don't need to do that, you know." you signed to him.

"OH, BUT I INSIST! I, THE GREAT MAID PAPYRUS, HAVE VACUUMED THE HOUSE, WASHED THE DISHES, AND EVEN DONE YOUR LAUNDRY!" stated the tall skeleton proudly. A shuffling sound behind him had you looking around the skeleton so see Sans walk out of your kitchen.

"Morning, kiddo. Glad to see you up and about." Sans said as he gave you a small wave. He walked up and stood off to the side between you and Papyrus.

You smile at him. "Morning, Sa-" you began to sign but are cut off as a familiar garment is shown, in front of your face.

Papyrus held one of your bras with a strap in each hand. A look of confusion on his face. "HUMAN! THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BAFFLED ME. WHAT IS THIS GARMENT WITH LUMPS AND STRAPS?" He looked genuinely confused at what it was. Taking the bra and stretching it like it a sling shot. "IS IT SOME KIND OF HIDDEN WEAPON?"

All the blood in your body flowed to your face as you stared at Papyrus and your bra, absolutely mortified. Your heart rate picking up a bit. You were frozen in place. There was no way in HELL you were going to explain a bra to the younger skeleton. Your eyes dart over to Sans with a pleading look. Hoping that he could help you with this awkward situation.

Those hopes were dashed, immediately. Sans had both of his hands over his mouth in an attempt to contain the loud snickers that were wracking his body. Blue tears threatened to fall from his eye sockets. He catches your pleading glance and he just loses it even more. The smaller skeleton is one step away from rolling around on the floor laughing at your predicament. You watch as Papyrus tries various things with the bra before shaking off some of the embarrassment to say something.

"No, it's not a weapon!" You sign frantically to Papyrus. Your face a bright red. The tall skeleton notices the bright blush on your face and a look of concern crosses it.

"HUMAN? ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU'RE ALL RED!" Papyrus puts his hand on your forehead. The bra lightly smacking you in the face as it dangled by the strap on his wrist. "HOPEFULLY, YOU ARE NOT GETTING A FEVER! BUT IF THAT IS THE CASE.... THEN I, THE KIND AND CARING PAPYRUS, SHALL NURSE YOU BACK TO HEALTH!"

At this point, Sans laughter was ringing throughout the house, blue tears falling down his cheekbones. You step back from Papyrus's hand and snatch your bra from off his wrist. The inquisitiveness still hadn't left the tall skeleton's face. Sans stood up and you cast him another pleading look. "Help me!" you signed to him when Papyrus wasn't looking.

Sans wiped tears from his eyes. "Sorry kiddo. But you're kinda stuck in this boobie trap!" He then slunk off back to the kitchen, abandoning you to his curious brother. Your mouth dropping open as you watch him bail on you.

A pun. Are you kidding me? You rubbed your temples with your fingers, as you mentally groaned. That skeleton was going to get a rude awakening for ditching on you. Maybe those practical jokes Sans had given you would be put to good use after all. On him.

"HUMAN?" asked Papyrus, pulling you out of your thoughts of revenge.

"I-It's just a girl human thing!" you quickly sign, before dashing back into your room and closing the door.

"INTERESTING! HUMANS HAVE SUCH WEIRD CLOTHES!" Papyrus called behind the door and then after a few moments the vacuum started up again.You let out a sigh of relief. Awkward crisis narrowly avoided. Taking the bra, you walk over to your dresser and put it in its correct spot. That's when you saw what was laid on top of it. Your violin.

When was this brought back in? You vaguely remember dropping it before falling to the pavement and cringe. Dropping instruments like that is never a good thing. One of the skeleton brothers must have brought it in, after you passed out.You pick it up and look it over. Sure enough there was a nasty scuff mark on the bottom from when you had dropped it. This was worry some. Hopefully, that was all that was wrong with it. You take the bow that was next to it and drag it, experimentally, across the strings.

An awful sound emits from the instrument and you, quickly, put it back on top of your dresser. It was broken. There was no doubt about it. This was the only violin you had and you have had it with you for years. A wave of sadness washes over you and you start to tear up a bit. You didn't have the money to get it fixed.... IF it could even be fixed.

"Hey, kid...?" you hear Sans, as he opened the door to your room. You, quickly, wipe back the tears and turn to address the stout skeleton.

"What's up?" you sign with a small smile.

Sans raises a brow bone at you. "What's wrong?" He asked, not buying your act one bit.

You let your shoulders droop and allow your brief happy facade fade. Nothing got by this skeleton. So it wasn't surprising that your facade had failed. "It's broken." you signed and then looked back at your violin.

"Ah.... I'm sorry." Sans leaned against the door frame and scratched absently at his skull. Appearing, to not know what to do about it.

You shake your head. "There wasn't anything you could do." you sign and look over at Sans. "So what's up?" you ask again, changing the subject. This wasn't his problem and its not like he could do anything to fix it anyway.

"Oh! Uh...right! Breakfast is done." Sans says pointing his thumb behind him. "Don't worry. I cooked it." he replied to the wary expression on your face. Images from the spaghetti dinner at their house to all the inedible tupper ware dishes of the famous pasta flashed in your mind. Papyrus was sweet but his cooking skills...needed work.... A LOT of work.

Sans headed down the hallway and you followed him somberly, sliding into your chair at the kitchen table. The stout skeleton places a plate of bacon and eggs in front of you, before sitting in the chair opposite you. It smells delicious. You dig your fork into the eggs and take several hungry bites. Your tummy was happy that you finally ate something since you didn't eat anything yesterday.

Once the plate is almost empty, you look up to see Sans holding your bottle of ketchup from the fridge. He gives you a wink and downs the whole bottle while you watched transfixed. That....was absolutely disgusting. Also where the hell did it go? He's a skeleton! The empty bottle was slammed on the table like he just finished a strong shot, pulling you out of your thoughts. You put your fork down. "Sans......why?" you sign to him.

He just shrugs casually at you and goes to your fridge. "Mornings are always kinda slow for me. This helps me ketchup." he says as he browses. "Got anymore?" Another pun.You mentally groan and wait until he's looking at you again before you respond.

"Check the pantry. Top shelf." you sign, shaking your head at him. He flashes you a big grin and saunters over to the pantry. You look back across the table, where he once sat, and notice a packed bag sitting on the counter, behind the chair. Curious, you get up and check it out.

Inside was almost everything for an overnight bag. All that was missing was some things to do and clothes. But it wasn't Sans or Papyrus's stuff, it was yours. You turn to Sans, signing questioningly. "Why is there a bag of my stuff here?"

Sans sits in your chair and slides your plate across the table to you, where he sat before. A brand new bottle of ketchup in his other hand. "Check out that piece of paper next to the bag. Papyrus found it with your violin yesterday."

You grab the piece of paper and sit down at your plate, absently picking up a piece of bacon and munching on it. The paper had to be what Mettaton handed you before leaving. Polishing off your bacon, you read what it says:

Congratulations on winning, Darling~

  Please swing by the MTT studio on xxxxx street in Xxxx, XX by 11:00 am. If you live in another country or state, transportation will be provided. Depending on how things work out, you may need to pack for a few days. Showbiz is rough, darling. We may be working late and if so you will get to stay at the FABULOUS MTT resort that is next door to the studio. Free of charge, of course~

  So prepare accordingly, darling! I can't wait to work with you~

  Yours fabulously,

  Mettaton

Your eyes grow wide as you frantically look over to the clock on your microwave.

10:45 am

Fifteen minutes. FIFTEEN MINUTES. You had to be at the studio in fifteen minutes! Grabbing the bag, you dashed into your room, stuffing in a nice outfit. You grab the clothes you were going to wear for today and run into the bathroom, taking the world's fastest shower.

Once out, you get dressed and prepped as fast as you can. Time is of the essence. Skillfully, you dodge around Papyrus as he vacuumed by and ran into your music room. Making sure to grab your song notebook and the notebook made of sheet music pages. All packed you dash back into the kitchen to see that your plate had been cleared and Sans sat there looking at you amused. You glance at the microwave clock again.

10:57 am

There was no way that you were going to make it to the studio on time. You slumped to the ground in despair. MTT's main studio was in the city but it takes about 20 minutes before you even get into town. Let alone the traffic! You were going to be late... REALLY late. This wasn't your morning. Despite all the good things, there had been so much that has gone wrong. This was not how this was supposed to go! Now you were going to be late to the once in a lifetime thing that would make your dreams come true....

You look at Sans. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner? Now there is no way that I will get there on time." you signed to him sadly.

"Nah, you still got plenty of time." he says standing up and offering his boney hand to you.

"But how Sans?" you sign, then taking his hand. The moment you take his hand he pulls you into a hug. Your backpack lightly squished up against you with boney arms. You squirm a little against him.What's with the sudden hug? "Sans...?" you sign up to him when you wiggle your arms free.

He gives you a playful wink, "Hold on tight, kiddo. And...uh...close your eyes.". Not understanding what was going on and giving him a confused look, you do as he says. You grip his blue jacket and snap your eyes closed. Immediately, you feel the ground fall out from beneath your feet. The dropping sensation taking your stomach with it. You bury your face in his shoulder at the disorienting feeling. A slight prickle of fear causing your heart to beat faster. After a few seconds, ground can be felt under your wobbly legs again. "Alright, you can open your eyes now."

With caution, you peek out under your eyelids only to have them fly open wide at the sight, before you. The large soft purple and black building that was the MTT studio stood before you. What? How? When did? What even? Just HOW? You start taking quick shallow breaths in an attempt to stop the small panic attack arising and fueling your already stressed out heart. "Sans.... How did we get here?" you sign to him with trembling hands.

"Ah, shit! Kiddo, just calm down. You're alright! We just took a shortcut." Sans said rubbing your back in an attempt to comfort you. "Maybe this wasn't a good idea. It's just you were exhausted after what happened yesterday and I wanted you to get as much rest as you could....Shit, I'm sorry okay? Teleporting was a bad idea..."

Teleport? Is that what you just experienced? You allowed yourself a few moments to calm down and looked at Sans with wide and impressed eyes. "You can teleport?"

"Er, yes...?" He says letting you go on your wobbly knees. Only to have to catch you by your shoulders as you begin to fall . "Sorry, again.... Teleporting is always rough the first time."

"That's so cool!" you sign to him excitedly, as you regained your balance and he chuckles. Once you are stable, you both walk up to the doors and Sans stops you.

"Let me go in first...." He said scratching the back of his skull. "Mettaton might have a surprise confetti cannon on the other side....or a laser light show...."

""He wouldn't. Why would he do that?" you sign to him, curiously.

"It wouldn't be the first time...." Sans mumbled under his breath before going inside and leaving you alone, outside the building.

You lean against the wall and take a look around. This place was busy. There was a line of fans leading down the sidewalk. A sign stood off to the side saying " Studio tour. 1 hour wait" You whistled. That was one hell of a wait and that was for the people right next to the building. It's a good thing you shouldn't have to deal with it. The door to MTT Studios opens and you see a boney hand beckoning you inside.

As you walk through the door, you see the large and elaborate entry room. Framed posters of the past movies, concerts, and shows that Mettaton was in, lined the pink and black walls. The line of people stopped about halfway across the room with a bouncer waiting at the end of it to let the next tour group begin. Your eyes scan everything. Just taking the grandeur of the room in. "This place is....so big!" you sign to no one in particular.

Sans gives you a chuckle. "That's Mettaton, for you. Speaking of...I'm surprised he isn't here to greet you personally. He probably got caught up with something on set. Lemme go see if I can't find him." The stout skeleton seems disappear and you are alone once again.

Your legs wander over to the receptionist, who appeared to be some kind of hand monster? You give her a light wave and with a groan she turns to you.

"Can I help you, Ma'am?" her voice high pitched and with a bit of sneer. You nod and place the piece of paper that Mettaton gave you on the counter. The receptionist took it and looked it over. "And....what is this?"

"Mettaton, gave it to me. He wanted me to be here at this time." you signed to her and she gives you a perplexed look.

"Ma'am. What are you doing?" She slide the piece of paper back over to you. "Look. If this is just a ruse to go see Mettaton, then let me tell you. It won't work. You can't just cut the line with just a piece of paper. Go wait over there like everyone else."

You scoffed at her. "I am not some crazy fan girl! I was told to come here!" your hands signed fast with anger.

The receptionist raised an eyebrow at you. "Ma'am. If you aren't going to say anything then go wait in line, like everyone else."

Angry tears started forming at your cheeks. Why had you forgotten your white board at home? Why did this receptionist not know sign language? The one sided conversation had caught the attention of the crowd and complaints started to arise from them.

"Hey! No cutting!"

"Get to the end of the line!"

"You have to wait like everyone else!"

Your foot stomped the ground in frustration as you tried to convey your words to the receptionist. You pulled out your phone to type out your words and in the reflection of the screen you could see that several fans had jumped the velvet rope and were approaching you. A hand grabs your shoulder and you wiggle out their grasp. You turn on them and start backing up into your backpack hits the wall. Angry people surrounded you, preventing any means of escape.

Angry hands grabbed out at you and you slide to the ground in an attempt to escape them. Fear pushing your heart into over drive. You grip at your chest and curl into a little ball, while fighting back pained tears. What was with these crazy fans? You hadn't done anything wrong. This was just a big misunderstanding!

As you focused on calming yourself, you heard the voice of the receptionist play through the speakers, "Security, to the front desk. Security, to the front desk!".

Within moments, burly security guards approached the crowd and the people pressed up against you to escape their strong hands. What the hell was going on? There was to much commotion and there were to many people about. They were all yelling. To much movement. To many voices! You pressed your face to your knees trembling. This was not how this day was supposed to go. Not an attack now... Please....someone help!

"ENOUGH, DARLINGS! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?"

A loud slightly robotic voice cut above the crowd and everyone froze. You glance up from your knees. All the people around you completely blocking your view. Taking this moment of reprieve, you take your phone and type a desperate text to Sans. You hit send and a phone goes off, with the ring tone Lazybones by Green Day, on the other side of the crowd. There was no way that was a coincidence. The ring tone came to a stop as the text was read in silence.

"Move."

The slightly robotic voice, that was once just confused, now had a rather menacing tone to it. The crowd parted around you as the clacking of heels got closer until it fully parted to reveal Mettaton, with Sans behind him. You had never seen the monster idol this way. Judging by the reactions of everyone else, neither had they. Mettaton looked absolutely livid. His eyes raked the crowd until they landed on the terrified trembling person on the floor, that was you. Seeing you like that seemed to peak the robot star's anger even more.

"What do you think you are doing....to my little songbird?" He addressed the crowd, his voice low and threatening. As if to challenge anyone to speak up for their actions. But no one did. He walked through the crowd over to you and everyone cowered away to hide from his angry eyes. When they land on you they soften and he holds out his hand to you."Are you alright?"

You look up at him, while still focusing on your breathing. With a nervous nod, you take his hand and try to get stand up. But you fail. Your trembling legs give out from under you. Great. Not only did you look like a sniveling mess but now you were about to face plant the ground in front of Mettaton. Only it doesn't come. Metallic arms wrap under your body and you feel yourself being lifted. Your body pressed against cool metal, as Mettaton elegantly caught you before you hit the ground and held you protectively close. "Come on. Let's get you out of here." he whispered reassuringly in your ear.

Mettaton then stood up, while holding you, and walked away from the crowd. He then turned on his heel and you could only imagine the glare he gave those fans who had hassled you, by the way they cringed in shame. "This kind of behavior will not be tolerated under ANY circumstances. Security escort those people out." His full of anger and authority. Wow, no cute pet names. The robot idol must be more pissed off than you thought.

With that, Mettaton carried you down a long hallway, past the receptionist's desk. You let your head rest on the cool metal of his shoulder and listened to the whirring fan in his chest, allowing the combination to soothe you. Your heart and breathing returning to normal. This was going to be a tough day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6.3K 34
COMPLETE These feelings were just a bug. A bug Alphys couldn't figure out. That's all that Mettaton knew, because after all, he was a robot and you...
98.3K 2.6K 21
One day you just need to escape from harsh reality, maybe the stories of Mt. Ebbot are true? *Trigger warning, this book does get dark*
12.2K 643 20
There's something wrong with the timeline. You've lived in an underground crypt with cracked green walls for as long as you can remember. And that's...
91.4K 2.9K 18
The monsters have been liberated from the Underground by Frisk. You didn't mind the monsters, they were nice. You befriended Frisk, Toriel, Nabstablo...