Link Dane

xPureChances tarafından

Every Father scowls at him. Every Mother prays from him. Every boy hates him. And every girl stays away from... Daha Fazla

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
just something new
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY- NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
Info!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO (finale)
ENDING LINK - BOOK 2
AMAZON PRIME PANIC - BONUS CHAPTER

TWENTY-FOUR

97.2K 4.4K 1.7K
xPureChances tarafından

| dedication: republicans - for that sweet cover xx |
TWENTY-FOUR

Life had taken a sudden u-turn and no one could have prepared me for it.

I must have heard it somewhere along the line of growing up, that once you forge a friendship with someone with an invalid base, it would come biting back your ass. Or I probably made it up in response to my current life situation. These past few days, I could assure you I've had my hand placed on my backside as a makeshift shield as I awaited the inevitable bite.

Link and I were not friends.

I had to throw that very idea out the window as it started to become very confusing. We talked but we didn't either. We knew of each other's presence but we seemingly ignored one another.

It was working for Link. He didn't have to bother me and he could spend time with his aunt. For me, I was constantly pushed into an awkward situation where I didn't know whether to leave them alone or to just stand there and pretend I knew every person they were talking about. It took me a while to fully realise that Link was actually not doing it on purpose.

He stuck to his words and became as civilised as I thought he'd never be. When my friends came over, he managed to always have a perfect excuse to get out the house and sometimes he strategically left before they came, to avoid sitting with a bunch of people that were still wary of him.

And that's what he had done just over two hours ago, disappearing through the back as my friends sauntered in from the front door.

Thomas was sitting besides me, with Nolan seated on the floor and leaning against the sofa. Versa and Ryan, who had officially declared their relationship status to be together, were sitting on the loveseat, snuggled in together.

Palmer had left to the toilet, leaving us all together in the living room.

Thomas had his eyes fixated on Versa who was murmuring words into Ryan's ear. A small secretive smile appeared on his face and I watched, partly in disgust and admiration, as my best friend whispered sweet nothings in her boyfriend's ear.

"You'd never think this girl was pinning over me a few months ago." Thomas commented, a rude undertone playing behind his voice. My gaze snapped to his face, my mouth already hanging down. I saw the regret appear on his face almost instantly, as he knew that the words he just said were not okay to say at all.

Nolan raised his eyebrow at Versa. "Really?"

Versa's faced heated up, a furious red blush crossing over her cheeks. She was flushed of course, the embarrassment settling in quicker than she anticipated. Ryan, on the other hand, had his massive hands clenched in a tight fist and fixed a hard glare on Thomas' face.

"I'd suggest you shut the fuck up now." He said slowly, the warning clear in his voice. Although he had regretted his words, Thomas sat up straight making it clear that he wasn't taking the small threat lightly and cowering back into his seat.

"Get over it big guy," Thomas scoffed. "It's the truth but also the past."

Thomas was voluntarily throwing fuel into the fire, wanting it to burst, explode, get out of control even. I knew what would come next and I wasn't going to sit by silently and allow for it to happen in a place where I started to feel safe.

I met Versa's eyes and pleaded with her silently. My best friend was quick to respond to my request and she jumped off the seat, grabbing Ryan's big hands in her own. "Let's go," she told him.

He was ignoring her first and he stared at Thomas, almost daring him to speak again. Knowing Thomas, he was going to speak and aggravate him more so I was quick to elbow him in the ribs, causing him to momentarily fish for air.

Versa took that moment to escape with her boyfriend.

I turned my full attention on the big-mouthed human sitting next to me. "You don't have to be so-" I started to say but stopped when Palmer and Link came strolling inside the living room. He had hold of his aunt, with one hand around her waist and the other holding her hand.

I was momentarily stunned because I hadn't heard him come inside the house, let alone go to Palmer.

"I saw Versa leave," Palmer glanced over her shoulder. "Is she okay?"

I nodded in response. "She's fine," I told her. "It was getting late that's all." It wasn't late at all, barely five in the evening.

Nolan took that moment to push himself to his feet. He was a tall creature and with me being seated, he was towering over me more than usual. "I think it's time for me to head home as well." He said over a yawn. I saw his leg kick Thomas', "legs go."

Soon after, they left as well.

Palmer glanced around the living silently. My eyes trailed her every look and then soon enough they landed on me.
"What do you guys want for dinner?" She asked.

I smiled at her softly. "I think I'll make dinner tonight."

With little protest, Link managed to steer her upstairs and get her to rest whilst I cooked up something to eat.

Link came back downstairs a few minutes later and lingered at the door for a while. I felt his presence the moment he appeared but carried on cooking and pretending that I couldn't see him.

"You need help?" He asked. I lifted my head up from chopping the onions and glanced around the counter top. A fool could see I needed a helping hand, what with my multi-tasking ability being tested severely.

But still, "no thank you," I refused and turned back to the work at hand.

Link ignored me and stepped inside the kitchen. From the corner of my eye, I saw him pick up another chopping board and grab a few potatoes in his hands. He started using the knife skilfully, and peeled delicate strips off the potatoes.

"I said I didn't need help-" I repeated myself but stopped mid sentence when Link snapped his head in my direction, his gaze cutting me sharply.

I retreated into myself and carried on with my own business.

"She's getting well," Link spoke out the blue.

I nodded in his direction. "She'll be fully well soon." I told him, a promise in my voice.

"I hope so," he mused out loud. "I want to see her back to her usual self."

I nodded again, this time in agreement. "So do I."

It was quiet after that again, both of us busy trying to put together editable food. Every odd few minutes, I would glance up when I thought he wasn't watching and steal a few glances. He kept himself occupied, whizzing around the kitchen like he knew what he was doing. I glanced at his side of the kitchen and I sure enough, everything looked in place.

"You're quite the chef," I commented jokily. He turned around, a small yet handsome smirk spread across his face.

"First compliment from you," he pointed out. "And it's not even something new."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "So you get told that you're a good chef?" I asked him.

He nodded. "By many."

I dropped what I was doing and turned my whole body around. "How come I never knew about it?" I questioned.

Link was busy adding whatever he chopped into a pan, the food instantly sizzling. "There's much you don't know about me Ori," he pointed out.

I nodded in agreement. "What's your favour colour?" I asked him.

Link snorted from his side. "Are you trying to get to know me?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said, walking to the fridge. I grabbed what I needed to make a salad and walked back to my side of the kitchen. "I think I'm entitled to know a few things with my co-chef."

"What's your favourite food?" I asked another question.

"How about I ask the questions." Link said in reply.

The thought of him asking questions sent warning alarms flashing in front of me. Not going to happen.

"Let's just reserve this give and take session for a later date." I said. Which for me meant never.

I dropped what I was doing and  walked towards his side and peered over his shoulder. He was frying a few peppers with potatoes, the whole pan looking colourful and looking like a piece of art. "That looks divine."

Link moved to the side to give me a clearer view. He handed me the cooking spatula and asked me to fry the food. "Keep an eye on it for me." He said.

I slowly fried whatever the hell was in the pan, slightly wary of my movements and whether I was doing it right or not. "Are you sure you can trust me with this Link?" I asked without turning around. I heard a few cupboards open and closing. My eyes were fixated on the pan in front of me, the delicious smell trickling up my nose.

I saw his big hand cover mine before I felt his presence behind me. His touch sent for an instant reaction from my body, a burning flame trailing from my hand up to my arm. "This is how you do it," he said in a low voice, his voice close to my ear. A shiver coursed through me involuntarily and I was suddenly stuck with Link pressed close behind me.

He slowly twisted his hand in mine, making sure I was steering it the right way. "You'll learn as it goes." He said in a low voice, accumulating all the nerves of mine together.

I don't know how he managed to make such a domestic act turn into something sensual. The mere feeling sent everything I knew to a standstill. I may have associated Link with sensual but right now, he was showing me more than I ever bargained for.

Our hands stopped moving and Link slowly put the fire off, leaving the food to calm down. But he didn't move back. In fact, I felt him press into my back, his hand that was carefully on mine slowly sliding up my arm.

"Link," I said in a hoarse voice, hoping that he would catch the warning in my voice. But how could he? When I didn't hear it myself.

My bare neck was exposed. All due to Link's fingers pushing my hair out the way. My breath hitched. It was all too much for me yet I felt an electrifying feeling shoot up the back of my neck. I knew his mouth was close to me, close to my bare neck - and he proved it when he spoke and his hot breath tickled my blazing skin.

"Dinner's ready," he said in a low voice, the feathery touch of his lips making me wonder if he really had just touched me or if it was my imagination.

The moment he pulled back, I was feeling very cold and chilly, almost as if he had sucked in all the heat and left me craving for his warmth.

Link and I weren't friends.

I swallowed down my throat, hoping that my voice would not come out rough and disorderly. "I'll get Palmer." I said without turning around to face him and scrambled out the kitchen as fast as my quivering legs could take me.

****

> look at these two, getting all domestic and shit
> I finally have this update out the way so now I can watch the Shannara chronicles and RHOBH and pll and the shadowhunters yass (any of you watch these shows??)
> don't forget to comment your thoughts
> P.S. If you have any covers or banners please send them to me :))))

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

231K 6.6K 43
Blaine. A peculiar boy with white hair. Every part of his body is covered with scars and signs of abuse. Depressed and suicidal, he cuts to escape t...
63.3K 7.4K 66
Sequel to The Cunning * What's more dangerous, someone who has nothing to lose? Or someone who stands to lose everything? A lot can happen in three...
30.7K 702 16
I twitched as Error smiled at him. Why him? What was so great about him? Error and the other boy laughed about something, it must've been a joke, con...
2.4M 71K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...