Little Dove | Draco Malfoy

By sqdgirl

"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well the... More

Prologue
1. The unfamiliar visitors
2. Diagon Alley
4. Common room
5. Requirement
6. Oblivious
7. Scars and letters
8. The Lake
9. Cursed
10. The perfect student
11. Luna-tic Christmas
12. Malfoy Manor
13. Death
14. Burning traces
15. The leather sofa
16. Sunflower powder
17. The borrowed dress
18. Sectumsempra
19. Talk to me
20. Steamy
21. Dawn
22. It's near
23. Forever his
Epilogue
THIS IS NOT A REGULAR UPDATE

3. The journey to Hogwarts

256K 6.2K 10.1K
By sqdgirl

The next morning Rune and I woke really early, excited to leave to our new school. My stomach was tingling from nervousness which made me unable to have a proper breakfast. Father suddenly walked into the kitchen with two wands, giving me a almost black wand with random detailing at the bottom. Rune his wand looked very thick and was light brown, he wouldn't let me see it before he was pointing it at random objects.

"Don't! You'll break something!" I quickly hissed and just a second later, a vase flew through the kitchen before hitting the window. "Rune!" Father yelled making me flinch. "Told you." I smirked before quickly placing my plate in the sink, escaping the scene.

I loved my wand and decided to try and use it as well, in secret of course. Rune couldn't know I was just as nosy as he was, only at specific times. I tiptoed across the hall, ignoring my father's strong voice from the kitchen. I sat down on our soft carpet in my room, grabbing my wand firmly.

I closed my eyes really concentrating on what I wanted to happen. I didn't know any spells so I just imagined the pillow in front of me floating. A weird kind of electricity went threw me and it was nothing I had ever felt before.

Suddenly the door flew open and I looked behind me, seeing Rune standing there with his mouth a gape. All the furniture in my room was floating and just a second later, they came down with a loud bang. "Goldie!" Father yelled once again, coming up the stairs.

A lecture and hours later, it was time to leave and go to the station. I was excited to see my Owl since Rune really wanted the cat. Father told me I could use my owl to write letters so I was better off anyway.

"Hurry up Goldie!" Rune yelled while I dragged my trunk down our driveway and into the car. "We can't be late." He said again, making my cheeks flush red. "I am coming!" I tried to say as I pushed the trunk in the backseat, the weight of it crushing my arms. "Finally! Now come on!" Father started the engine as I tried to fit myself next to my and Rune's trunk in the backseat.

"It's about a hour away so I hope we won't miss the train." He stated while pushing in the gas pedal, racing out of the street. Once we got there, people at the Kings Cross Station gave us some weird looks. Two kids with huge trunks, two pets and a grown man. We ran across many crowds when father suddenly stopped in front of a wall. 

"Okay. We have no time to discuss this, just believe me and walk through the middle." Rune looked at him for a second before just going for it and indeed, he just went through the wall. "Oh gosh." I breathed out before casually walking to the wall before going through, my heart beating out of my chest. The next thing I knew I was harmlessly on the other side. I couldn't believe my eyes, an old looking train which said 'Hogwarts Express' was blowing smoke repeatedly, children already getting in.

It looked absolutely amazing and I couldn't keep my eyes of the train. Rune called me over and together we delivered our trunks before waiting for Father to say goodbye. "I expect for you two to stick together and to not do anything reckless or dangerous. Especially you Rune. I want you to behave. Goldie? Please don't let anyone walk all over you." I shared a hug with my father before nodding at him. "I won't. I promise."

With that Rune and I boarded the train, waving goodbye to our only assurance. I said goodbye to the only thing that I ever called home and I was off to another place. Rune didn't feel the sadness that I felt because he already dragged me through the corridors, searching for a free compartment. "Finally! People have been giving us weird looks all day, first at the train station and now because of our robes. I want to know in what house we will be sorted in."

"I'll miss dad." I mumbled, not caring about what I would be sorted in later. I cared about not being able to see his face every day, for a really long time. "Come on Goldie. We'll write to dad till our fingers hurt, you should enjoy that we are on a train to learn magic!" Shooting him a small smile, I watched the landscape. It turned from crowded to deserted. Suddenly my attention was torn away from the window but to the door where a blonde girl was leaning against the door post.

"The quibbler!" Rune and I looked at her for a few seconds before she examined our robes. "You must be the new students." "What? How did she know?" I started to panic, I wasn't used to people even noticing us. "I can still remember how exciting it was to go to Hogwarts for the first time!" She looked like a girl who was a dreamer.

"My apologies, I am Luna Lovegood." "My name is Rune Dove and this is my twin sister, Goldie." "Wow! Twins, how wicked." She threw herself and her newspapers beside me, giving me a smile. "I am sorted in Ravenclaw, the smartest house of them all." I raised my eyebrows, wondering why she was sorted into that house. I liked her, but she still acted a little bit insane. "How old are you?" "Sixteen." I answered with a slight smile, actually liking the way she really showed interest in us.

"Oh. You are a year above me. We might still see each other in the great hall, don't be afraid to talk to me. This is all so exciting but I must go on and give people copies of the Quibbler." "We'll take one!" Rune said with a big smile. He searched for some wizard money and gave her all he had. "I have no idea how much this is but keep it Luna." His eyes betrayed his cool act. He was falling head over heels for this girl.

Luna thanked him and left us two copies, I was assuming Rune gave her a lot more than he was supposed to. "So, you fancy her already?" I smirked at him from behind the paper, not being able to contain myself. "Shut up Goldie." He turned red and hid from behind the Quibbler as well.

Hours had passed by and I started to get bored. I had read every single page on the Quibbler and I didn't understand half of it. I did enjoyed the moving comics about a wizard too drunk to stand on the back. Two persons bickering made me look to the door, seeing a familiar girl pass our department. "Hey!" I shot up from my seat and quickly went to her before tapping on her shoulder.

"Ronald! I can't believe y-" The head full of curls turned around and stopped when she caught sight of me. "Oh. Hi!" I switched my attention to the tall and skinny red head next to her. His freckles and goofy posture caused a smile to dance on my lips.

"Ron? This is Goldie. Goldie, this is Ron. We met at your brothers shop yesterday." "Those twins are your brothers? Makes sense." I chuckled watching his cheeks turn red. "I have never seen you before." Ron mumbled before I nodded. "Its my first year." Before he could ask why, a black haired boy appeared behind them, his green eyes eyeing me up and down.

"Who's this Ron?" He asked with a large smirk. "That's Goldie Dove." Hermione answered and before Harry could talk, Ron stopped him. "This is Harry Potter!" He said proudly. Harry snickered before looking me in the eyes again. "Nice to meet you." He smiled, his green eyes not leaving mine for a second.

Ron had said Harry's name as if it was a medal but I had no idea why. "We should go again boys, see you in the great hall." Hermione smiled shortly before dragging Ron and Harry with her. That was weird. As soon as I sat back in the department, the train came to a sudden stop making me look at Rune confused, were we here already?

"Who did you recognize?" "Hermione Granger, I met her at the fun shop yesterday.." Rune looked at me for a second before setting his thoughts on the people walking in the corridors. "People are leaving the train. I think we arrived." Rune grabbed his backpack and my hand, leading us out of the train. 

When we slowly walked through the hall someone passed by and I couldn't help but stare at him. He was tall and he was wearing a suite, nothing like our robes. His bag was in his hand and his pace was constant. I couldn't see his eyes from here but he did look very interesting, almost magical. Rune tugged me away from my perfect sight on the mysterious boy just before we arrived outside.

A rather enormous man was standing on the left with a lantern in his hand, yelling about the first years. "Are we first years?" I asked Rune as we turned left.

"It is our first year at Hogwarts." He answered but still not sure, my heart was racing while we passed the giant and went into a boat with a few other kids. To my surprise the boats began to move all on their own, sailing us to the other side of the lake. It was the most wonderful thing I had ever seen.

All the stars on the horizon reflected in the dark water and the castle looked magical, I couldn't believe I was actually going to stay there. I couldn't keep my eyes off the sky and only now I was realizing how lucky I was to be here.

The minute we set foot on ground again everyone quickly followed the giant into the school. I immediately recognized the woman standing on top of the stairs. It was Minerva McGonagall. "Great! The Dove twins made it. If you'll follow me into the great hall? You two will be the first to be sorted."

My eyes widened when she opened the big doors, all the students watching us. I tightly held onto Rune's hand which didn't even sweat. He smiled at all the people who where staring at him while I just kept my eyes at the ground, not wanting to draw any attention.

"Silence please" McGonagall walked up and folded out a large paper, reading out Rune's name loudly. Rune proudly stepped forward and sat down on the stool, acting calm. McGonagall gently put the hat on his head and it began to murmur which made me blink twice. A talking sorting hat? Rune's face expression changed now and then but when the hat suddenly yelled out "Gryffindor!" He smiled and walked to a table with all kinds of students cheering.

"Goldie Dove?" My breath hitched in my throat as I walked up and sat on the stool anxiously, my hands horribly shaking. "What do we have here?" The talking hat said, making me shiver. "I see a lot of different houses in you Miss Dove. Ravenclaw is clearly there, even Slytherin. But Gryffindor is not the house for you." My heart sank. I wasn't going to be in the same house as my brother. It was obvious that we weren't alike, but I still hoped to be with my brother.

"You belong too.... HUFFLEPUFF"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 14.1K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
592K 20.4K 87
[SEQUEL TO 'THE GOLDEN GIRL'] ā€¢ ā€¢ ā€¢ "š“š”šžš² š¬ššš² š­š”šž š„šØšÆšžš„š¢šžš¬š­ ššš§š šžš„š¬ š¦ššš¤šž š­š”šž šœš«š®šžš„šžš¬š­ ššžš¦šØš§š¬ ššš§š š¦ļæ½...
1.1M 19.6K 49
"Good girl." WARNINGS: - lots of mature themes (smut) -violence -Toxicity Highest rankings: 1 on Dracomalfoy 1 on malfoy 1 on dracolovestory 1...
4.4M 152K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ā š¢ š”ššš­šž š²šØš®. āž ā š°šž'š«šž š­š”šž š¬ššš¦šž š©šžš«š¬šØš§. š²šØš® š”ššš­šž š²šØš®š«š¬šžš„šŸ. āž - updates almos...