Klaus & Caroline: The Longing...

By Sophie_Juniper

This fanfiction story continues the story of Klaroline right after s4e23. It is time Caroline and Klaus to go... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Life After High School
Chapter 2: The Bittersweet Departure
Chapter 3: It's A Small Town Life
Chapter 4: Nailing It
Chapter 5: What Are You Afraid Of?
Chapter 6: It's A Friend Day I Say
Chapter 7: Blinded By
Chapter 8: It's All Fun And Games Until...
Chapter 9: He Would Have Taken Me
Chapter 10: Different Desires
Chapter 11: Friendship - Stage One: "Show Me That I Can Trust You"
Chapter 12: Cracks Of A Heart
Chapter 13: The Agony That Lingers On
Chapter 14: Knock-Knock-Knockin' On Hayley's Door...
Chapter 15: The Phone Call
Chapter 16: Shouldn't We Just Go Then?
Chapter 17: The King Finally Meets His Queen
Chapter 18: The Rainy Day
Chapter 19: Seeing Something You Like, Love?
Chapter 20: Secrets Will Be Revealed
Chapter 22: Almost Perfect
Chapter 23: "Cheers."
Chapter 24: Hanging In The Balance
Chapter 25: Decision Time
Chapter 26: The Biggest Mistake Of Your Life?
Chapter 27: Questions About Life And Death... And Love
Chapter 28: Haunting Thoughts And Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 29: The Childbirth
Chapter 30 (Final): What Is It That You Really Want?
Author's Note

Chapter 21: The First Rule Of Truly Living: Do The Thing You're Most Afraid Of

13.6K 408 169
By Sophie_Juniper

”ELENA!!! I have a real crisis on my hands and I need you!!” Caroline panicked once she arrived to the hotel room in which she and Elena were supposed to stay for the night.

”Caroline?! What is it?” Elena took Caroline's face in her palms and eyed her friend with a worrying look.

”I... I...” Caroline stuttered. Elena led her to sit on one of the beds in the room. ”I kissed Klaus...” She said, obviously shocked.

”You kissed Klaus?” Elena asked surprised.

”I was so angry... and then I kissed him?!” Caroline laughed in disbeliefe.

”OK, Caroline, let's go back a little. What happened?”

”I felt so angry and betrayed that he didn't tell me about Hayley. So I rushed in his house and I yelled at him and he yelled back at me about Tyler, gosh how did he know about that, and then I wasn't thinking and I kissed him."

”Why you were so angry with him?” Elena questioned gently although she might have a clue what Caroline would answer.

”I don't know...I felt betrayed... I don't know...”

”Caroline.”

”What?”

”I think you have feelings for Klaus.”

”???”

”And judging by your reactions they are pretty deep.”

Caroline stood up and walked aroud the room. ”Well, yeah, he's my friend...

”Caroline...” Elena intimated that that wasn't what she ment.

”Ok, FINE! I have feelings for him! Are you happy now?! It's not like I haven't tried to ignore them or anything!” Caroline freaked out.

”It's OK, Care...” Elena tried to calm her down.

”No it's not!!! This is way too complex to be OK!!!” Caroline spread her arms as she yelled. ”I just can't fall for him.”

”And why is that so?” Elena dared her.

”Because...” Caroline hesitated, ”because of everything. All the bad stuff...”

”Caroline, is that really the only reason? You do know that you don't have to keep anything from me, don't you? I can handle it. Klaus may not be my favorite person but I can see that you care for him.”

Caroline sighed and let it out. ”I'm scared of falling for him because then he'll have what he wants, like he always does. And I don't want to be just another conquest for him.” Caroline took a deep breath. ”But that was just one reason. The other is the one that really scares me. I'm afraid of how much he loves me, and that I can't love him as much as he loves me and I'll end up hurting him. Not that I wouldn't have done that before...”

”Caroline,” Elena said and took Caroline's hand, ”You can't choose who you fall in love with. I do know that, if anyone.” Elena smiled shortly. ”And I know that something in you reaches out for him and is able to bring the best part out of him. But this is something you have to decide on your own.”

”But I can't face him... I ran off like a chicken. And he's having that baby?!”

”If you say so. But remember that you're the only one who can make the difference.”

”Why am I such a mess because of some guy?” Caroline cried out.

”Because sometimes guys makes us girls act like crazy persons.” Elena giggled. ”But only the special ones.”

”How come you don't judge me for falling for the ultimate bad guy?!” Caroline hesitated.

”Like I said, I know that you can't choose who you fall for.” Elena stood up and got the car keys. ”I'll get your car back to Mystic Falls in the meantime when you make your decicion. You have enough money for a plane ticket?”

”You aren't going to leave me here, are you?”

”Yes I am.” Elena annouced and grabbed her bag. ”You'll be fine Caroline.” She gave her a gentle kiss on Caroline's forehead.

Elena left Caroline by herself. ”Seriously?” Caroline breathed out to the empty walls.

–-----------------------------------------------

”Ok, just knock on the door and say what you have to say.” Caroline commanded herself.

She gave three sharp knocks on the door and waited. No answer. She gave another three knocks and waited. ”Great, he's not home.” Caroline thought and her courage started to melt down. She turned to leave, when the door opened.

”Caroline.” Klaus said in a voice that Caroline couldn't read. He leaned on the doorframe and crossed his arms across his chest. ”What do I own for the pleas...”

”Klaus... Before you say anything please let me talk.” Caroline breathed and was freaking out. Klaus fell silent and Caroline tried gather herself up but her mind went plank. ”I'm sorry.” She finally got out of her mouth. Klaus frowned and pouted.

”I'm sorry that I ran off.” Caroline felt uncertain since Klaus's face didn't change a bit. It was like a scary mask she had to face. ”I got scared.”

Klaus's eyes narrowed a little and he didn't say a thing.

”I'm sure that I have messed things up for good but I have to say this to you” Caroline started to feel like she was having a panic attack, her breath became shallow and fast but she had to keep on talking. ”Despite all the horrible things you have done, despite the fact that I'm afraid of you, and even more myself... Despite that you could easily just kill me and everyone I ever met if you wanted to...” Her heart beated like a maniac right now. ”Despite the all of that I can't help it but I do have feelings for you.” She started to hyperventilate, ”But it freaks me out because I'm a control freak and this is something I can't control and your love is so epic and I'm afraid if I can't ever match that, although I'm not sure if you even want to see me again after this since I've been such a horrible person...

”Oh, shut up already...” Klaus gnarled and crashed his lips against hers to make her shut up. He slided his hands through her golden locks and poured all the hurt, the bitterness, the desire and the hunger for acceptance he had inside of him in that kiss. Caroline instantly answered to his kiss leaning towards him.

They twirled inside and Klaus shut the door with a force. Klaus broke free from the kiss and pushed Caroline against the door and locked her between his arms.

”How can I know that this isn't just another cruel joke?” Klaus asked with a husky voice which sent shivers down on Caroline's spine. He stared straight into Caroline's eyes

”You can't.” She breathed staring right back at him. ”You just have let go of control and trust me.”

No other words were needed. Klaus kissed Caroline in a way like no one had kissed her before. It was wild and brutal, it challenged her and took her breath away. It made Caroline finally realize that this was what she wanted and it made her feel empowered. Caroline swapped places with Klaus and squeezed him between herself and the door, looking him seductively dominant like sending a message that she was his equal, that she could take the lead as well. Klaus grinned for the challenge and locked her up in his arms.

”It's hard for me to believe this is real..” He muttered.

”Well, join the club.” Caroline was about to burst.

Klaus started to caress Caroline's neck with his hungry lips. ”What is it that you feel for me, love?” He whispered to her ear which made Caroline gasp.

”Isn't that obvious?” She moaned quietly as Klaus found her soft spot right behind her ear.

Klaus backed off a little and leaned his forehead against Caroline's, cupping her face with his palms. ”When it comes to you, Caroline, nothing is obvious.” He grinned in the way that made his dimples show up.

”I'm so going to regret this,” Caroline murmured feeling butterflies in her stomach, ”I think I'm in love with you.”

”You think?” Klaus teased her.

Caroline's eyes narrowed. ”If you get caught up in words it's all the same if I just walk out through this door. You know what I mean.”

”You know, I never have said that to you, love.” Klaus caressed her cheek. ”But you knew it already... That I'm in love with you.” He whispered huskily the last words.

Klaus studied Caroline's face, her rosy cheeks and sensual lips. The intensive look in her eyes and her heated breath.

”I'm about to carry you upstairs...” Klaus lowered his voice, ”throw you on my bed and do whatever a gentlemen wouldn't do.” He looked at Caroline to see her reaction to a such a suggestion.

”What makes you think that I'm not be the one throwing you on the bed instead?” Caroline smiled sweetly like a pixie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 92 16
Klaus and Caroline. Klaroline if you will. Caroline had everything she wanted. Or at least she thought she did. A few years had passed since Klaus l...
530K 15.9K 30
It's been six months since Caroline graduated high school and she is still stuck in Mystic Falls, fighting Silas and trying to find Stefan. When the...
78K 2.2K 23
Caroline Forbes is returning to Mystic Falls for the first time in 5 years. She had only one task: stay long enough for her best friend, Stefan's wed...
37.4K 1.1K 24
Caroline Forbes lives in Mystic Falls. She is a 2 year old vampire, stuck as a 17 year old girl for eternity. Mystic Falls is known for its supernatu...