Back For You (Harry Styles)

By AlliM11

{Book 1 - Completed} - Meet Amabel Walker, the girl who kept everyone else out, who put up walls to protect h... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue ~ Harry's P.O.V.

Chapter 40

1.5K 45 9
By AlliM11

Chapter 40

The next morning, the sunlight was breaking through the curtains. I blinked a few times to clear my vision, and when I turned my head, I was nose to nose with Harry. I smiled at the memory of what happened last night. It was the best time of my life, and I was so happy that I did it with Harry. If it was going to be anyone, it had to be him.  

Carefully, I pried Harry’s arm that was wound tightly around my waist. I tried not to wake him up because he looked so peaceful and cute. Apparently, I didn’t do a good job because right before I stood up, Harry grabbed my waist and pulled me back to him.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he purred my ear.

I giggled and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “I didn’t want to wake you.”

“It’s okay. This is much better.” He smiled, pressing his lips to mine. That was something I could never get sick of.

“Thank you for last night.” I whispered, bringing his face closer to mine so our foreheads touched.

“Why are you thanking me?” he asked.

“Because I love you, and I’m glad it was you. That was the best night of my life.” I said, looking deep into his eyes so he knew how much I meant those words.

 “I hope it was as good for you as it was for me.” Harry smiled. “It gets better every time, so we need practice. It makes perfect, you know.”

I laughed and hit him in the face with a pillow. His musical laughter filled the room and I just got up to take a shower.

*5 DAYS LATER*

“Where are you headed?” Someone stopped me from walking out the front door.

“Shopping. Why?” I asked Louis, who spoke to me.

He seemed hurt. “Without me?”

I laughed. “You want to come?” I crossed my arms.

He scoffed. “You need me. Believe me.”

I held my hands up in surrender. “Just get in the car, Tomlinson.” I playfully punched his arm lightly. He laughed and followed me out into the car, where we drove to the mall.

*****

“What do you think of this one?” I asked Louis, stepping out of the dressing room.

“Girl what are you doing wearing that top with those shoes?” Louis made a face. “You can’t wear striped shoes and a plaid shirt.”

I laughed. Sometimes Louis was the gay friend I never had, even though he isn’t gay. He was my shopping buddy when all my other friends had plans. Harry said he had some errands to run and I needed a wardrobe update and Louis volunteered to tag along.“Well, I wouldn’t wear these shoes with this top silly.” I smiled, and went back into the dressing room to change into a peach dress I liked. It went to about mid-thigh and was loose from the waist down. I pulled it over my head and it fit perfectly. I stepped out of the dressing room to see Louis looking through a rack of clothes, lips pursed.

Louis looked up and smiled. “That’s amazing. Harry would love it.”   

I blushed. “Thanks, Lou. You think I should get it?”

He scoffed. “Yes, but peasants don’t wear such pretty dresses.”

“But you just said I should get it!” I cried.  

“No I didn’t.” he said. “I will buy it for you, since I am not a peasant.” He pushed me into the dressing room so I could change out of it. 

When I did, he snatched it from me and went to pay. He came back and handed it to me. “Thanks, Louis. I appreciate it.”

He smiled sweetly. “It’s not a big deal. You’ve been there for me when no one else has. Consider this a thank you. I just needed someone and I guess I didn’t know how to ask…”

I threw an arm over his shoulder. “Let’s go get you something with stripes, shall we?”

“WOOHOO!” Louis cried and ran out of the store and through the mall. I rolled my eyes and followed him. He was such a happy person and I was so grateful to have someone like him in my life.

By the  time I caught up with Louis, he was jumping up and down looking through racks of clothes. He was rummaging through the t-shirts and I saw just about every one that he owned. There was no surprise if Louis had every shirt in this store in his closet.

“Which one don’t you have?” I joked.

“This one.” Louis said, eyes wide in awe as he held up one that was black with hot pink stripes.

I raised an eyebrow. “That one?”

“It’s the only one I don’t have! Besides, I want to see the lady’s face when I buy this. I’m a very loyal customer here.” He smirked.

“Wow. Didn’t see that one coming.” I muttered. Note the sarcasm. “Anyways, you’re not buying this. I am.” I took the shirt from him and went over to look at the hats. There were a lot of beanies, and I smiled when a picture of Harry wearing one came to mind. I thought Harry looked better in gray beanies, and Louis looked good in black ones.

I took a dark blue beanie and paid for that and Louis’s t-shirt. He skipped out of the store and to the car, where he wouldn’t stop playing with the radio. After 30 seconds of each song —which he sang extremely loudly to— he would change the station and repeat. I gave him a 'you-must-be-joking' look when he stopped and listened to ‘Suit and Tie’ by Justin Timberlake. Louis rolled the windows and screamed it to the world, having a good percentage of the pedestrians stop and stare.

“Get back in the car, Louis! And change the song while you’re at it.” I said.

“Why can’t you do it?” He replied.

I gestured to the road. “Because I’m driving!”

“Fine,” he grumbled, “I’ll change the song.” He fidgeted with the stereo, and stopped when the song ‘Beauty and a Beat’ by Justin Bieber began. Louis groaned and reached to change it, but I slapped his hand away.

“I swear, Tomlinson, if you touch that radio, I will bite your hand off.” I snapped.

“What, gotta hear your man the Biebs?” He smirked. “I bet you looove his hair.”

“Listen here.” I warned. “You don't know the Biebs, you don’t get the Biebs, and you certainly don’t get the Biebs’s hair. Got it?”

Louis chuckled. “Yep.” I could tell he was trying to hide his smile as he looked out the window.

Whatever; he still didn’t get the Biebs.  And he never would.

*10 DAYS LATER*

“I’m sure it’s nothing, Amabel. There is nothing to worry about.” Sam reassured me as we sat on my floor in my room at my parent’s house. They were on vacation and wouldn’t be home for a few weeks. My classes at the University were cut short and wouldn’t return until May. It was January. Happy 2014!

“I don’t think so. My period has never been this late before!” I cried. I was at a complete loss at what to do. I was supposed to have my period a week ago, and I didn’t. I was always right on the day I thought I would be; and I told Sam that Harry and I had sex.

“Did he use protection?” she asked.

“Oh my God,” I whispered, “I don’t know.” I pulled out my phone and dialed Harry’s number. “Harry, did you use protection?” I asked frantically.

“What? Why, is everything okay?” He sounded concerned.

“Harry—answer me. Did you or did you not use protection?”

There was no answer. I let out a shaky breath and tried to calm down—it wasn’t working. This could not be happening. Not to me. Not now. “Harry, I’m late, and I might be pregnant.”

“W-What? I’ll be right over.”

I hung up and looked at Sam, who was speechless. I shook my head and looked at the floor, where I saw a tear stain mark the carpet. Harry got there in record time, immediately holding me in his arms. I cried and shook violently and pushed him away.

“I’m going to store to get the tests.” Sam said and then she ran out the door.

I was so panicked and angry. “How could you not use protection?” I screamed at him. He just shook his head and stared at one place on the floor, suggesting his mind was wandering elsewhere. “Harry! You forgot?! We could be pregnant, and it’s all you fault!”

“I didn’t forget.” He said simply. “I used a condom, Amabel.”

“Y-You did? I didn’t notice.” I said dumbly. How could I not have noticed? I guess I was just too nervous to notice anything.

“It’s okay, babe. No matter was the test says I’ll be here. You have to know that. Okay?” He grabbed my face in his hands and forced me to look at him. I nodded.

Sam was back in 10 minutes. “Sorry, I’m here.” She handed me the bag. I took it with trembling hands. This is not supposed to happen.

Harry took me in his arms and Sam gave my hand a squeeze before I went into the bathroom. I nervously sat down on the toilet and read the instructions. It seemed simple enough. I’ll save you the details, but when I was finished, I set it on the sink and sat in the bathtub. What would happen if it was positive?

“Amabel? Are you okay in there, babe?” Harry knocked lightly on the door.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said. I was surprised how steady my voice was.

“Would you come out please?” Sam asked. “It’s killing me.”

I opened the door and Sam threw her arms around me. “Thank you so much.” I said.

“Of course! You’re my best friend and I’ll always be here for you.” She smiled. “How long do you have to wait?”

“It said about 15 minutes.” I sighed and went over to Harry, hooking an arm around his waist. He took my hand and pulled me over to the couch, where I sat in his lap. This was going to be the longest 15 minutes of my life. Sam turned on The Vampire Diaries. “Thanks.” I smiled a little bit. This wasn’t just an amazing show; it was a distraction for 15 minutes.

Harry petted and ran his fingers through my hair, calming me. Would he stay with me if I was pregnant? He’s so famous and it’s obvious he loves his job and his band mates. Would he give it all up to be with me when he’s so young? Having a kid is expensive and so time consuming. With him gone and working, it would leave me to be alone with the baby. And when Harry would be here, we wouldn’t have time for us. All our attention would be on the baby. I held back tears.

“Amabel?” Harry asked.   

“Hmm?” I said.  

“It’s been 15 minutes.”    

Has it really? I hadn’t been really paying that much attention to the TV. Sam and Harry followed me to the bathroom, but waited outside in the hallway. I look at myself in the mirror—the red-rimmed eyes and pink cheeks. With shaking hands I picked up the test and…  

Oh my God. Tears ran down my cheeks. The test fell from my hand and clattered into the sink. Sobs escaped my mouth as I sunk to the floor, holding myself in my arms.      

“Amabel? What’s wrong? Open the door!” Harry shouted. But I couldn’t talk. I could only cry.

“Get in there!” Sam yelled. Before I could do anything the door burst open and there stood a very worried-looking Harry and Sam. “What did the test say?”  

I pointed to the sink, where the test still was. Harry picked it up and stared at it wide-eyed before sitting down on the toilet and putting his head in his hands. He rubbed his face as tears were about to spill.     

“Will someone please tell me what the hell it said?!” Sam snapped.

“It…It was…” I choked out.

But Harry spoke for me. “It was negative.” 

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I'll give you a moment for your heart rate to slow down. I wouldn't have Amabel get pregnant. It's too cliche and it's not my thing. I just wanted some suspense and a little drama without going over board. 

Anways, I love Louis is this chapter. I would love for him to be my best friend in real life. Wouldn't you? 

Can you believe there are only three more chapters? Time has gone by so fast that it's hard to accept. I don't want this story to end!

Dedication to @cookiemonster0909. Thank you for your sweet comments. And don't worry, I'll keep writing for sure. This is only the first book in my One Direction series.

xoxo, Alli 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.3K 1.5K 23
Ashley found herself in a situation where where she wouldn't let her father die, so did the only thing she could think of, grab the gun and pull the...
2.9K 131 14
Brady Thomas is lost. After losing the one thing that anchored her to reality, Brady has no choice but to run from the lingering pain left behind by...
1.3M 38.6K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...
21.3K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...