Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 7. Daniel
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 12. Pack meeting
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 14. Heart attack
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 18. Party crashers
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 30. Recovery
Chpt 31. Goodbye

Chpt 21. Rejected?

26.2K 814 71
By GabrielaR

Avril's POV

"No, I'm not" I protested

"Yeah sure" Ashley rolled her eyes "Amy?"

"She's lying" Amy smirked at me

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes

"That's a yes" Ashley squealed "I can't believe it! I'll be an aunt so soon"

"Wow, that's huge"Amy laughed "I think you're going way ahead Ashley"

I groaned in frustration. Amy was kind enough to tease me about my 'encounter' with Caleb, and of course Ashley heard everything. I swear, that girl is high or she's crazy most of the time.

"Ashley, I'm not sleeping with him" I sighed "And anyways, why does it matter to you?"

"Why it matters?" She gasped in shock "You're mates, mates are supposed to be together"

"hey, nonody said it has to be like that" Amy protested "What if you just don't like the guy?"

"That's impossible" Amy shook her head "Mates exist for a reason, you can't scape from it just like that"

"Sure, whatever" Amy rolled her eyes "We were talking about Avril being pregnant, remember?"

"Yeah" I agreed giving Ashley a look "What made you think I was pregnant?"

"Well, isn't that's what happens after you're with somebody?" She made a face

"No if you use protection" Amy smirked

"Why would you do that?" Ashley asked "I mean, he's the Alpha, an Alpha needs a heir"

I almost chocked on my own spit. A heir? A baby?

"Ouch" Amy laughed "It seems that Avril is not really fond with the idea"

They both stared at me. Amy with amusement in her eyes, Ashley with concern. A baby?

"So.... Caleb needs a baby?" I trailed off "Why?"

"To ensure a new generation of course" Ashley said "He can't be an Alpha forever, he needs to retire someday"

"You heard Avril?" Amy teased

"Uhm....." I mumbled "I'm hungry, do you guys want something?"

"No" they said at the same time

I stood up and headed to the kitchen. Pouring myself some juice I thought about what Ashley had said. There was one thing I knew about that, next time I saw Caleb...

BANG!!!

"Avril" Mrs. Bennett said "Sorry, I didn't know you were here"

Mrs. Bennett put down a big box that landed with a thud on the floor

"It's okay" I put my glass down "I was going back with the girls anyways"

"Oh, okay"

I walked past her, but I stopped when I intercepted the smell coming out of the box.

"Mrs. Bennett"I called "Do you mind if I ask what's inside?"

"Oh" she seemed surprised "At all"

Turning around, she grabbed a knife from the counter and teared up the tape. Once the box was opened, bags of some green herbs were revealed. I pulled one out and sniffed it lightly.

"Drugs?" I teased

"Oh heavens no!" She shook her head "Just some tea, a special witched tea"

"Witched?" I raised an eyebrow

"It help us to concentrate better" she shrugged "Would you like some?"

"Uhm... No thanks" I walked backwards "I'm not really into tea"

"Oh, ok honey" she waved me off with a smile "Go and have fun"

"That's the plan" I muttered in my way upstairs

I didn't know why, but Mrs. Bennett gave me the creeps. I knew she was a nice woman, it was just the 'witch',thing... She was into it really badly, not even Amy seemed so devoted as her.

"Well, look who's back" Amy sighed "Don't ever leave me alone with her again"

"She's just mad cause I asked about her mate" Ashley rolled her eyes

"Wow" I laughed "That's something I will love to hear about"

Amy gave me a killer look, and I swear she was freaking scary with those eyes.

"Why don't you tell us about yours?" Amy suggested instead

"Sure, I'm not scare of showing that I have feelings" Ashley shrugged "His name is Cory, and he's a sweetheart"

Amy rolled her eyes at Ashley's expression, it seemed that love and Amy don't mix really good.

"Please stop" Amy groaned

"Oh, please Amy" I jumped on the bed "Do you think I haven't notice your thing with Daniel?"

"Daniel?" She gasped "Why should I have something with somebody like him?"

"Like him?"Ashley asked

Amy huffed and gave me a look

"A vampire" She made a face

I felt rage inside me. Daniel was a good friend, he didn't deserved to be treated like that just because if what he is. Nobody should be discriminate.

"What's wrong with that?" I raised my voice

"I don't do vampires" Amy rolled her eyes "Just because my parents approve the mix of species doesn't mean I share their opinions"

"Yeah, I can tell" I smiled sweetly at her "And here I thought that the cavemen were extinct"

"Wow, look at the time" Ashley laughed nervously "We should go to bed"

"Yes, little girls should go to bed" Amy stood up abruptly

I glared at her back as she walked out of the room and slammed the door shut.

"Wow" Ashley muttered "That was interesting"

"She was b*tch" I said "Whatever it's going on, she doesn't deserve him"

"Whatever" she sighed "She's creepy"

I laughed at that, I wasn't the only one with that feeling then. Pulling Amy aside, I decided I wasn't going to let my night blow just because of her.

Slowly, I changed my clothes into one of those comfortable female boxers with cute-sticking tongues out-faces and a matching shirt.

"Wow, I'm glad my brother is not here" Ashley laughed "He would have a seizure"

I rolled my eyes at her words and headed to the bathroom. With a tissue, I cleaned my face from all make up; I know it might seem as if I'm wearing a lot, but the only thing on my face is eyeliner, the rest is natural even when it doesn't look like it. Thank you,vampire's flawless skin!

I tied my head up into a loose bun and brushed my teeth before I went back to the room again.

"Ashley, why so quiet?" I teased as I walked back to the room

"Shh" she tiptoed towards me and covered my mouth "Somebody is here"

I nodded for her to release me, when she did it she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the hallway, stopping just a few inches before the stairs.

"What's going on?" I whispered

"Shhh" she hissed

I rolled my eyes, Witches could be strong but they didn't had refined senses like us. I decide to shut up and pay attention to the voices coming from downstairs.

"Okay, could you please tell her that it's an emergency" A male voice said

"Sorry honey, she's not here" Mrs. Bennett's voice was full of pity

"I know she's here" the familiar voice said...... Daniel?

"Look, don't make this any more difficult" Mrs. Bennett sighed

"Chris told me, he wouldn't lie wouldn't he?" He pressed. Yep, definitely Daniel.

There was silence. I could hear Mrs. Bennett's stammering words and mumbling nervously. Daniel was here, looking for me... Or Amy?

I elbowed Ashley'd rib for her to turn around, she gave me a look and kneeled to the ground so I could peek downstairs too.

Yep. Daniel was there, standing outside the house because Mrs. Bennett was blocking the entrance with her body.

"Listen Daniel, save you some trouble and go home now" Mrs. Bennett protested "It's better for all"

"Clarissa don't do this" Daniel pressed

I frowned. Clarissa? I mean, I knew Daniel wasn't as old as he looked, but it sounded weird to heard him treat her as somebody as old as him.

"What the hell are you two doing?"

We both turned around abruptly to find a mad Amy staring at us. Ashley gave me a mischievous look.

"Uhm... We were just...."I hesitated "Your mom was making some weird tea and she asked me to get you..."

"Yes, she's down there waiting for you" Ashley pointed behind her back "She said you better hurry"

Amy narrowed her eyes as she switch her eyes from Ashley to me, and repeat. She huffed quietly and walked to the stairs.

"Go back to the room and don't try anything funny" She warned before she disappeared down the stairs

I tried to be silent, but Ashley had to cover her mouth to retain the giggles.

"She'll be so pissed" I laughed as I pushed Ashley back to the ground

We both peeked downstairs again. Amy was frozen in the middle of the stairs, and behind Mrs. Bennett, Daniel was looking... No, staring at Amy.

"What are you doing here?" She mumbled "I told you to never come here"

"You can't keep doing this" Daniel complained

"I'll do whatever I want" She replied

"Clasrissa can you please leave us alone?" Daniel almost pleaded

Mrs. Bennett hesitated for a second, her eyes traveling from Amy to Daniel.

"It's okay mom" Amy nodded"I'll be fine"

"Okay" Mrs Bennett agreed

Seeing her disappear on the kitchen, Daniel took a step inside but just to be stopped by Amy's stare.

Daniel didn't do a thing, he just stood there and stare at her as if she was a Godess or something.

"Well?" She urged

"Come with me" he said "Somewhere more private"

I blushed. Daniel knew we were listening, how embarrassing.

Biting my lip, I grabbed Ashley's hand and pulled her to the room.

"What?" She complained "It was about to get good"

"Shh" I hissed "He knew were spying on them"

"So?" She rolled her eyes "We can still hear everything from here anyways"

"Yep, but we won't" I sighed "I think Daniel has to sort things out, we should make it easier for him"

"I hate your good moral" She groaned as she dropped herself on the bed

"Too bad" I pressed my lips together

I walked to the small stereo in the room and plugged in my phone, then the room was filled with Hayley Williams melodic voice.

Daniel's POV

I sighed again as her pale and cold eyes narrowed in annoyance. Avril was kind enough to give me privacy, but that wasn't making this any easier.

My mate just stared at me, Why did she had that look? I'd never seen mates treat each other like this.

"Well?" She insisted "Talk or leave"

"Won't you invite me in?" I sighed

"No" she replied

I sighed again. She was so difficult, so hard to reach...

"It's been 3 days" I started "You can't keep ignoring me"

"Wanna bet?" She smirked

Dammit, why did she had to be so beautiful. All I wanted was for her to be mine, she was my mate after all. It has been a shock, the first time I saw her in Caleb's house; fu*k, the pull was so strong that I almost jumped out of my skin, but she wasn't even contious of that... Didn't she feel me as her mate? If she didn't want me then why wouldn't she reject me?

"You know sooner or later you'll come to me" I said "You won't be able to put this act for too long"

"I'm not acting" she hissed "I told you, I don't want a mate, so you are free to go and do whatever you want"

"I don't believe you" I half smiled "You can fool yourself, but at the end you'll realize your mistake"

"Time's up" She grabbed the door "Have a good night"

With that, she closed the door in my face. It took all my self control to not break that stupid door and to take her with me, she was mine and I didn't care what she hoped or believed, at the end she would be mine.

I backed away from the door before I did anything crazy. Slowly, I turned around and walked back to the dark and empty streets.

I allowed myself to look back at the house again. The gloomy house that stopped my intentions, that old witch had blocked me out somehow, but I didn't care how strong their magic was, once all this was over I would take her with me.

Before I walked away, a pale face followed my every move..then, Amy's face disappeared behind the curtains...

Hey! So, this isn't as long as I hoped but I hope you like it...

So, you might wonder what the hell is wrong with Amy... i have an amazing story for that, or at least I hope.

However, I was thinking about a second book but not abouy Avril, so what do you think? Should I resolve Daniel's love story? Or should I leave that for another book??

Comments will help!!!

Don't forget to vote thou :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.4K 35
Makeena Hawk is a mateless werewolf, who also happens to be jobless. Her parents kicked her out on her eighteenth birthday, after discovering she was...
23 0 2
A conspiracy hidden in lies. A world being threatened to change. An Alpha who can't believe the rumors. David lives in a world that he hadn't known e...
407K 15K 40
Every year for the past hundred years, there has been a masquerade ball that was held where all wolves found their mates, in particular, Alpha Landon...
3.5M 128K 33
I sighed, walking towards him. "Look, big man. I know who you are and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." I said before leaning in and kissin...