Rolling with the punches

By panziebear

What happens when boring, everyday, normal Stella meets the mysterious loner Kyler? Both of their lives chang... More

author's note
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven-Part One
Chapter Seven-Part Two
Chapter Eight
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-three

253 7 5
By panziebear

AN:

Okay I don't know how to get you guys to vote :( So I guess I'm going to say 6 votes for the next chapter...That's not so bad.

One or two more chapter and the epilogue so please vote and comment! It would honestly mean the world to me to know what you think.

Thanx a million

Kenzie

Chapter Twenty-three

Kyler's P.O.V

I sat, crouched on the roof top of a random building, my heart crashing in my ears. With shaky hands I reached into my back pack and pulled outthetranquiliser gun I had 'borrowed' back at Nuclear's base.

I took out the beast of a guy who was standing on his own, quickly following it with a careful shot to the one who was holding onto James. I only had two darts so I figured I could fend off the last guy without one and I didn't want to risk hitting Stella. Both guys I had shot dropped and I waited a second before pulling on my bag and jumping off the building.

Stella, James and the other guy all looked tense and alert ut as I stepped towards them James and Stella relaxed.

The remaining guy seemed shocked. I had know idea why he would be shocked but I made sure to take advantage of it and rushed forward, punching him with all of my force, hard enough to knock him out so we could get away.

He tumbled to the ground and Stella let out an ear piercing scream. I wondered why but knew we didn't have time to waist, so I grabbed her arm and dragged her away, sending James a look that told him to hurry the hell up.

Stella was sobbing. "Stella, he's fine. I just need to get us outofhere," I told her, trying to calm her down. She nodded and breathed deeply. I was just about to make us move faster when a voice stopped me.

"Give me the microchip or the girl," his voice was like steel but even I could hear the pain it held. We all rotated so we were facing him. He didn't look very steady on his feet and I could already see the bruise forming where I punched him but that's not all I noticed.

He had gun and was pointing it directly at me. A normal person might have panicked but I had seen this one to many times to get worked up. I was about to pull out my own gun when Stella spoke.

"Woah, okay Blade, easy. Put that thing down," she . My hand shot out, a natural reaction to her putting herself in danger.

A hiss left her lips and she shrugged me off. James and I both began to protest but she turned and sent us a glare that could have made an atheist pray. So knowing how useless it was to argue with her, I bit my tongue and let her go.

She moved towards him hesitantly, although she didn't look afraid, she didn't even look phased.

"Stella, get out of the way," he barked. I'm pretty sure my mouth was wide open as I watched her willingly walk towards an angry guy with a gun.

"Blade, stop and think for a second. Put that thing away before you do something you will regret," she murmured. His face twisted in agony as his hand fell a tad. "That's right, you don't have to do this. Just put the gun down," she said encouragingly, taking a few more gradual steps towards him.

"I need the microchip Stella," his voice was hopeless.

"No, you don't Blade. You don't have to do this. Just put it down and you can start over. You can be whatever you want to be. You don't have to go back there," she persuaded, continuing her trek forward as the gun moved closer and closer to his side. "I know how much you hate it, I can see it in your eyes," she continued, coming to a stop before him. "Just hand me the gun and you can go somewhere, start over. You can go and be happy and we can go and everything will be fine," she coaxed.

And then just like that she had the gun out of his hand and I saw it. The way he looked at her, he was totally in love with her. Or, at least, he was really close to it.

"Are you going to let us go now?" she asked gently. I saw the conflicting look in his eyes as he nodded. She leaned forward and placed a kiss of his cheek before turning and running back to me and James. Blade's face was frozen. It almost looked mechanical when he placed a hand on his cheek.

She looked at him once more to see the intense yearning that covered his face. I saw the look on her face and realised that she too looked like she was in pain, whether she realized it at the time or not. I pulled on James’s arm to get him moving and took off to my car. I saw Stella dump the gun in a garbage can distastefully on the way.

We got to my car and Stella got into the back without a word, she looked like she was in a daze but I had a feeling that a melt down was on the way.

Only thinking about making everyone safe, I threw the car in gear and sped away, glancing at Stella in the mirror.

I saw the exact moment she snapped out of it. Her face fell and her shoulders slumped as if they were being weighed down.

It was almost morning when I pulled up in front of James's house. "Thanks for everything James," I said gratefully.

"Ahh, no problem, Do you think she is okay?" he whispered, pointing at Stella who was laying on the back seat, silent tear flowing down her face, eyes glazed over as if she wasn’t seeing what was in front of her. With a deep sigh I rubbed my hand over my face in exhaustion.

"I don't know man, I'll see if I can talk to her," I mumbled.

"Well, let me know if you need me," he said quietly, hopping out. He quickly disappeared around the side of his house.

I drove back to Sean's house, parking a ways away so I could hide the car. "Stell, come on, we’re here," I said softly. No response. "Stella," I tried again, a little louder this time. Her eyes darted around and landed on me.

"Oh, what did you say?" she asked, wiping her eyes.

"We’re here," I repeated.

"Okay," she murmured sniffing, sitting up and pushing open her door. I did the same. "Are we going to Sean's house?" she asked, sounding more worn than I had ever heard her. I nodded, pointing in the direction we were going. "Are people gonna be following us?" she wondered, although it didn't sound like she really cared.

"Not if we hurry," I answered.

"Kay," she sighed, starting to walk, almost blindly. I was quick to step forward and support most of her weight while I led her forward as fast as her wobbly legs could manage.

Once we were at Sean's sidewalk up to his place I checked the area before rushing Stella forward. She staggered along. I whipped out the key that Sean had given me and promptly unlocked the door, letting Stella enter first.

Within seconds Sean was there, looking nervous and stressed as hell, his hair messy as if he had been running his hand thorough it over and over. When he saw me his eyes lit up before they wheeled around and landed on Stella. He exhaled like he had been holding his breath for to long and ran forward to swoop her into a hug.

She whimpered and winced so he put her down, giving her a curious look. It looked like she attempted to smile but it came out a grimace. "I'm fine, just a little...sore," she mumbled.

"Why?" he asked reluctantly.

"You don't want to know," she assured us.

"Stell, take off the sweater," I ordered sternly. She looked like she wanted to argue but as soon as the fight entered her eyes it fell away and she gave in, painfully peeling it off.

Wow, she actually listened to me.

Both Sean and I sucked in a sharp breath at what we saw. There was a long gash from her shoulder to her elbow. It looked like it had been caused by a knife. "I'm fine, just really tired, can I go to bed?" she asked quickly, trying to divert our attention from her injury...or was it injuries?

"Stella, what else did they do?" I hissed.

"Nothing," she answered to quickly. I could see how awful she felt and I didn't really want to push her into anything right then. If she didn't want us to worry about her, I would leave her be. I'd find out after she had slept.

"Fine, don't tell me, come on lets get you to bed," I said easily. Following Sean.

"Did you really get the microchip?" she questioned sleepily.

"I did," I answered.

"Why didn't you give it to them?" she continued.

“Because I still don't know what’s on it," I admitted sheepishly. "And I don't want to put anyone in danger by giving it to the wrong person," I finished.

"Oh," she yawned. "I know what’s on it," she told me.

"You do?" I asked incredulously.

"Mhmm, it has codes for all the richest people in the world’s bank accounts," she told me as we followed Sean into what I assumed was his bed room.

"Shit! Are you sure?" I double checked. She nodded, her eyes drooping. "Mira and every-ones okay right?" she asked Sean.

"Yup, sound asleep in my guest room." he assured her.

I helped her into the bed and she was asleep instantly. Sean sighed.

"Kyler, what happened?" Sean demanded. So I told him everything I knew.

"I have to destroy the microchip," I concluded. He nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, you do, but they’re all going to come after you anyway. If they think you have the microchip, they won't believe you if you say you destroyed it," I mulled this over.

"That's true, so I just have to make it public," I mumbled, a plan already forming in my head.

****************************************

I called them all here; all three hostile looking human beings. Rich looked impatient. Bruno looked murderously angry. Terrance looked a mixture between confused and angry.

They couldn’t see each other and they couldn't see me. Every one of them believed I was going to give them the chip. Every one of them was wrong.

All they were was witnesses.

The three leaders of the three biggest gangs in the area, I needed them to see the destruction of the chip or they would never leave me alone.

The biggest challenge now was making it out of here alive.

I checked my guns, making sure everything was in order before putting them into the back of my jeans, just in case things went south.

I took a confident step forward, leaving my hiding place. First Rich.

"Kyler, nice of you to finally show up, and with the Microchip too?" he said, his tone mocking.

"You know I wouldn't leave you hanging Rich," I said. "Got any weapons?" I checked, making sure my specific demands had been met. Rich sneered at me, pulling a gun from his ankle and throwing it on the ground. "Is that it? Because, if you want it and you kill me you will never find it if you search for a hundred years," I warned. Lie. With one more dirty look, he pulled a knife out form under his coat sleeve, throwing that on the ground as well. Man he makes this to easy. "Good. Now, you better hope for your sake that's it," I said easily. "Follow me," I motioned with my hand for him to walk beside me.

He did. I led him to where I needed him to be. "Now wait here, I'm going to get the chip, don't do anything stupid."

I walked over to where I had Bruno waiting. "Any weapons?" I called. He spat and shook his head.

"Good, I sure as hell hope not."

"What did you do with my brother," he growled angrily.

"Your brother?" I asked, honestly confused.

"Blade," he barked.

"Oh Blade, nothing. Why do you ask?" I said innocently.

"If you didn't do anything why didn't he come back?" he cried. I shrugged.

"Don't know, don't care. You want the chip or not?" I pushed, changing the topic swiftly. He nodded stiffly. I new the only thing that was keeping him from killing me was the fact that I had the chip, for that I was grateful. "Follow me," I ordered. He did as I said, following me. I brought him almost to where I left Rich, stopping him just before he came into view of him. "Wait here, I have to go get the chip. Don't move," I waited until he agreed before taking off to get the last guy, repeating the process until I had them all where I needed them.

I left Terrance for a second, looping around so I could call them all to me. "Okay, come out," I yelled. All three of them followed the sound of my voice until they could see me but stopped dead in their tracks when they saw each other.

I could see in there eyes that this would be a blood bath unless I stopped it, so I pulled out both of my guns, pointing them in the direction of the enraged men that were staring daggers at each other. "Don't even think about it," I said in a steely voice. I saw the questions and accusations in their eyes.

"Now, before you ask, no. I didn't bring you here to give you the chip because that would be stupid, this chip in any one of your hands would most likely be the end of the peace in this world," I saw Bruno move towards me so I aimed my gun right at him. "Ono more step and your dead," I warned. He must have saw the sincerity in my eyes because he stepped back.

Its not like I wanted to kill them, but these guys were bad news and I would kill them if it came down to that. I didn't really have a problem killing people who deserved it. Someone standing here had hurt Stella, wether it was by their own hand or not.

I stepped backwards and sideways slightly, until I was directly behind a bucket of murky water. I don't think any of them noticed.

I replaced one of my guns in my jeans but kept the other one aimed at them. I pulled the microchip out of my pocket.

It was no bigger than the end of my finger. The only way you could tell it apart from any other chip was that it was bright yellow. Almost hard to look at it was so bright.

So there I stood, before the three people who would want to kill me most in this world. The person I stole the chip from, the person I was supposed to steal the chip for and the person I was supposed to give the chip to.

I was about eighty percent sure that they didn't have any weapons on them but even then there was still ways they could kill me.

My eyes flickered to my escape rout, making sure it was clear.

"I'm going to warn you guys now to not come after me because if I was to just mysteriously disappear, I have people who know everything and each one of you would find yourselves in jail so fast you wouldn't know what hit you," and with that I dropped the chip into the bucket, watching all of their shocked faces as they witnessed the end of their search.

As a last minute decision I pulled out my other gun and shot each of them in the foot so they couldn't come after me. Three matching screams of agony pierced the air and I took off, not waiting around to see what happened, but not before swooping down to pick up the bucket. I wasn't taking any chances.

I heard the shot before I felt it.

*****************************

So yeah authors note at the end :/

If you want to know what happens pleeeease vote. I'm only asking for six...which really isn't that many unless of course wattpad is lying and there really isn't anyone reading. In that case I'm being unreasonable but oh well.

6 VOTES :)

Thanx a million

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10 0 8
Kyle and his best friend Charlie are two orphan boys who live normal lives. Until one day, they stumble upon a great discovery. This discovery leads...
61.3K 748 15
Alex is a tomboy. One of her best friends is Kyle. They don't like each other, but they're inseparable. That all changes over the summer when Alex st...
130 12 10
This time they will be together forever, or will this relationship end with a unexpected surprise. Someone unexpected will party their way to a death...
100 3 14
When Casey Gasparelli finds a portal to another world in his school, his entire life is turned upside as he goes through many strange and magical adv...