Back For You (Harry Styles)

By AlliM11

{Book 1 - Completed} - Meet Amabel Walker, the girl who kept everyone else out, who put up walls to protect h... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue ~ Harry's P.O.V.

Chapter 34

1.6K 46 0
By AlliM11

Chapter 34

“Tell me what?” Louis asked.

“Louis, please understand! I just…” she cried, tears falling down her cheeks.

“Listen here, whatever the hell your name is,” Chuck said lightly and casually, “Eleanor and I have been screwing.” A smile was plastered on his lips. 

“What?” Louis asked quietly, blue eyes brimming with tears.

"For three weeks.” Chuck added. Eleanor stared at the floor, chin quivering.

“What the fuck is he talking about?” Louis spat, taking another step away from Eleanor.

“Louis, I’m so sorry, I just…” whined El, and tried to reach for him.

“No!” Louis screamed, “You cheated on me? After two fucking years? I loved you! I fucking loved you!”

“Louis, listen to me! I was going to break things off…”

“But you didn’t! You let me think that you still loved me!”

“I’m so sorry…You have no idea. I guess I just…fell out of love with you Louis.” She whispered.

I couldn’t believe they were having this conversation here, now. Everyone was staring open mouthed at them. Louis was trying to wipe away the tears that had fallen from his blue eyes. Eleanor looked ashamed, and Chuck had stepped back, but was trying to hide a smile. It was almost impossible to believe that Eleanor cheated on Louis. Louis was so in love with her and didn’t suspect a thing. And neither did anyone else, apparently. They were just as shocked. The last thing that came to mind when she was upset was that she was unhappy. Why didn’t she just break things off with Louis instead of letting him assume that she loved him? Anger flooded through me. I comforted her, was there for her, and she hurt one of my best friends. Someone who was a free spirit was now a dead battery.

“Fuck you!” Louis screamed, and stormed out of the building. Harry ran after him, and a few seconds later, everyone else followed, and walked slowly passed Eleanor, giving her dirty, angry, sad and disappointed looks. She called after them, asking for forgiveness, but no one listened. I stayed behind, and when everyone had left, stormed over to her.

“How could you do this, Eleanor?” I asked in a monotone voice. Arms crossed, I watched her as she wiped the tears away from her red-rimmed eyes.

“I don’t know. I am a terrible human being. The last thing I wanted was to hurt Louis. I am so sorry Amabel.”

“Well you did. And there is no way I am letting you near Louis. Don’t bother coming back unless it’s for your bags.”

“Wait! I can’t be alone, Amabel. You’re like a sister to me.”

I stopped and turned. “Not anymore. And you’re not alone. You have Chuck. Or was it not worth it?”

Without another word, I walked out of the building, not giving Eleanor a second glance.

Back at the beach house, no one dared to say anything to Louis. He just calmly walked to his room, no doubt holding back punching a wall. I wandered into the kitchen, a million thoughts tumbling through my head. I was just so frustrated for not seeing it. She had been so distant and now that I knew what was wrong it seemed so obvious. Almost like I could prevented it, or helped her in some way. But what she did was terribly wrong, and now she and Louis were over, and there was nothing I could do about it.

“Hey, babe,” Harry said as he poked his head in the kitchen, “are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I replied, and wiped away a tear I didn’t know had escaped, “I’m just…really sorry for Louis.”

“Me too.” He said, and came over to wrap his arms around me. I buried my face in his neck and soaked his shirt, but he didn’t seem to mind from the way he held me tighter.

“Have you talked to him?” I asked when we pulled away.

“No, he won’t answer his door. Niall tried too, but he just…is in a dark place, I guess.”

“Yeah, yeah I can understand that. I’m gonna try, okay?” I blew my nose.

“Good luck babe. I love you.” Harry sheepishly smiled.

“I love you, too.” I said, and walked upstairs to Louis’s room. I knocked lightly on the door. “Louis? Louis, are you in there?” No answer. “Louis, please talk to me.”

“Good luck with that.” Zayn scoffed from behind me.

“I have to try.” I sighed, and then knocked on Louis’s door again. “Louis William Tomlinson, if you don’t open this door right now, I’m going to knock it down.”

There was the pitter-patter of feet, and then the door swung open, revealing a very delicate-looking Louis. “I’d like to see you try.” he scoffed. 

I smiled. At least he was still making jokes. “Can I come in?”

He didn’t answer, just opened the door farther. I took it as a yes, and sat down on his bed. From where I sat, I could get a nice view of the water. “What did I do wrong?” he asked quietly, and played with his hands.

“Nothing, I promise. I thought you two would be together forever.” I scooted closer to him, and threw an arm over his shoulder, his head resting in the crook of my neck.

“I loved her so much. It’s not fair.”

“I know, Louis, I know. I am so sorry, Boo Bear.” Gently stroking his back, I could hear him sniffling, and trying to hold back sobs. My heart broke for him in an instant.

“Listen to me,” I said sternly and made him look at me, “forget her. You’re going to find someone better. You deserve so much more than what you had. Do you hear me?”

He nodded, and then threw his arms around me. “I can’t stay here.”

I gave him an understanding smile. “I understand. I’ll talk to Liam in the morning.”

“Okay. Can I go to bed now, please?” he whined, and buried himself under to covers.

“Sure, Lou,” I laughed, and kissed his cheek before leaving. When I opened Louis’s door, Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn almost fell into me. I crossed my arms. “We you guys eavesdropping?”

“Yes,” Zayn said. I blinked. “How did you get him to talk to you?”

“What do you mean?” I looked at him like he was crazy.

“When Louis’s in a bad mood he doesn’t talk to anyone.” Niall said.

“Not even me.” said Harry sadly.

I gave him a sad look. “I just… talked to him. He’s really upset; I don’t think he’ll be over…” I stepped away from Louis’s door and whispered, “Eleanor for a while.”

They nodded, and then Harry, Zayn and Liam went downstairs. Danielle and Sam hadn’t come up with them, no doubt discussing what happened. “So,” Niall said, nudging my arm with his elbow, “are you and Harry alright?”

I smiled at the Irish boy. “We’re great, Nialler, thanks. How about you and Sam?”

His face lit up at the mention of the black-haired girl. “She’s amazing. I like her a lot.”

I giggled. “She likes you, too. You two are adorable.” I ruffled his blonde hair. His brown roots were starting to grow out, so I knew he hadn’t dyed his hair in a while.

After a few minutes, Niall said, “Can you make me food?”

I threw my head back laughing. “What? Niall, you ate at the bowling alley.”

“But I’m hungry again!” he protested.

“Fine,” I sighed, “what do you want?”

“Do you know how to make fried potatoes? With cheese?” he asked sweetly, casually swinging an arm over my shoulder.

“Y-Yes.” I held back another laugh. He was too cute.

“YAY!” he screamed, and then ran downstairs. It was 9:30pm, and Niall Horan wanted fried potatoes. There was really no one like him.

The following morning, I talked to Liam, like Louis wanted me to. After making breakfast for everyone, -I guess I’m the new chef- I called Liam into the kitchen while everyone went for a swim. Except for Louis, who stayed in his room, listening to Christina Perri’s “Jar of Hearts.” I was getting worried.

“Liam, can I talk to you?”

He turned, only in his swim trunks and flip flops. “Sure, what’s up?”

“I’m worried about Louis,” I admitted and leaned against the counter.

“Just give him some time, Amabel. It hasn’t even been 24 hours since his girlfriend of two years cheated on him.” He said.

“I know, I just…don’t think this is the best place for Louis to get over her.” I played with a piece of my hair.

“You care about him don’t you?” Liam’s chocolate brown eyes bore into mine.

“Of course I do. He’s one of my best friends.”

“So what do you propose we do?” he crossed his arms.

“Well, Louis told me last night that he wanted to leave. It can’t be easy for him to sleep in the same bed without…” I trailed off. Oops. 

“How will leaving help him get over her? If he gets over her?”

“I don’t know,” I threw my hands up, “I just can’t stand seeing him like this.”

Liam sighed and ran a hand through the little hair that he had. “Fine. We’ll leave in two days. I’ll let the others know, and then call Paul.”

“Thanks, Liam.” I hugged him. I loved Louis like a brother, and after a week of being here, the one thing Louis needed was to be home. I didn’t want to leave the beach house, but it would be good to be home.

I only had Louis’s best interest in mind. 

:-:-:-:-:-:

Hey guys! I'm really sorry about what happened with Eleanor and Louis. I completely ship them and I hated breaking them up, but it was necessary for the story and the stories to come. Keep in mind that I love Eleanor to death, and it killed me to write this.

And I'm so glad Louis and Amabel are so close. I love them as friends!

Next chapter Wednesday. And on the 14th is my One Direction concert! woohoo!

xoxo, Alli

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 1 17
"I know you're here. I can smell you." He said as he stalked around the room. I carefully slid further back under the bed. If he finds me I'm dead! _...
20.3K 403 54
(Book 3, thanks for all the feedback!) Cynthia's on her way to marry the one and only Harry Styles. But a new stage in their lives brings new obstacl...
2.9K 131 14
Brady Thomas is lost. After losing the one thing that anchored her to reality, Brady has no choice but to run from the lingering pain left behind by...
8.1K 304 39
Step one: Losing the only mother you've ever known. Step two: Being plunged into a world of the unknown father, lost brother and loud music. Step thr...