Fight Me (Fighting #1)

By AnnabelleHazel

Violet Sinclaire only had two passions in her life: family and the arts. Violet, a talented, loved dance teac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 (pt. 2)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 3 (NOT PRIVATE)
Chapter 15 (NOT PRIVATE)

Chapter 33

15.9K 522 125
By AnnabelleHazel

Violet

6 months later...

"Stop moving, Violet. I swear to God I'm going to smack you!" Veronica says as she pins a strand of my hair to my head harshly.

Veronica and I have become good friends since I began helping her at the school with her choreography. She's wonderful and moody and she's not cutting me any slack today.

Not even because it's my wedding day.

"I'm nervous, Veronica! I can't stop fidgeting." I say, rubbing my palms together.

"Well, honey, you're getting married. Not being sentenced to death. Although you might as well be." I give her a dirty look through the mirror. She shrugs. "Look, this is the third time I fix your hair. If you ruin it one more time, I'm not fixing it." I still at the thought. "Should have said that ages ago." She murmurs.

She works on the half up, half down thing she had going on my hair for some time and then steps back to admire her work.

"Okay. I'm done." She says. I stand and take myself in.

I look stunning.

My stark white mermaid dress hugs and compliments my body and makes my red curls stand out. My makeup is simple, barely there, but it's flattering.

I take a deep breath as my stomach flips.

There's a knock on the door and I jump.

"It's Ava. I want to see you." Veronica opens the door for her. She walks in, in her gorgeous lilac bridesmaid maxi dress. Ava, Kelly, Becca and Isabelle are my bridesmaids, while Carl, Mike, Nova and Layla (because she chose to) are Ian's best men.

"What do you think?" I ask her, because the last time she had seen me, my hair was a mess. She covers her mouth and tears glisten in her eyes.

"Oh, you look beautiful. You're a dream!" She says, taking me in again and again. I laugh, trying hard not to cry because surely, Veronica would murder me.
"Thank you. You look gorgeous too. Is everything ready?" I ask and she nods, wiping at her eyes.

"Everything's ready. Dad's about to walk down the aisle so don't take too long." She says before hugging me. "I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too, Ava." I whisper back.

"Oh, Ava you have to come outside." Lucy says from the door. We both look at her and she gasps. "You look as stunning as I knew you would, Violet. Oh, Ian's going to die." She gushes. We all laugh as she walks over and hugs me.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" She asks and I nod sincerely.

"I am. I think I'm going to fall or forget my vows." I admit. She shakes her head, with a smile on her face, those ice blue eyes piercing into mine.

"No, my dear. It will all be perfect." She kisses my cheek and then wipes with her thumb. "See you out there, dear." She says before she leaves, taking her granddaughter with her.

"I hear an applause. I think Ian's walking down the aisle!" Veronica says before kissing my cheek. "I have to go, honey. Remember this is your wedding, you have to enjoy it!" She walks away and I look in the mirror.

I'm getting married to the man I love. I'm ready. Just as I am about to walk out, my phone rings.

I take it quickly, not bothering to look.

"Hello." I say.

"Violet." My father's voice makes pain slice through my heart. I sent him a letter telling him I was getting married. He never replied.

"Dad." I gasp. "How are you?" I ask stupidly.

"I'm fine. How are you? It's your wedding day, isn't it?" He asks.

"I'm good, really good. And yes. I'm getting married right now, actually." I say, voice shaking with sadness and laughter.

"Well, I just wanted to wish you the best, little warrior. I know that man's gonna treat you right. Don't forget to send me my grandkids, okay? I'd like to see them. And you sometime, too." I can't help the tear I shed.

"Thank you, Dad. And I will. You'll see me and them." I promise. "But I've gotta go now." I say regretfully. He chuckles.

"I know. But before I go, who is walkin' you down the aisle?" Just as he asks the question,there's a knock on the door.

"Violet, Ian is waiting." Daniel calls. I close my eyes and wipe at my face as more tears fall.

"Daniel's walking me down the aisle, Dad." I pause and he stays silent.

"Before you go...I know you think I killed her, Violet. I didn't. I swear I didn't." I squeeze my eyes shot. He knows I think he killed Angelina. "She didn't kill herself, but I didn't do it." He continues. Another knock on the door.

"Dad—" He cuts me off, but I think I wouldn't have been able to finish the sentence either way.

"I'm so fuckin' sorry." He says in a hushed voice.

"I—I have to go. I...love you, Dad." I say before putting my phone down and looking in the mirror.

I silently thank Veronica for waterproofing my makeup.

I look okay. I wipe at my tears and take a breath.

I'm ready.

I open the door and smile at Daniel, who looks handsome in his tux and his lilac bowtie.

"Vraiment magnifique, mon amour. juste magnifique!"He says, before kissing my forehead. "Are you ready?" He asks, hazel eyes shining with excitement. "Everyone's waiting for you."

I nod and pure joy replaces the pain from that phone call.

I'm getting married.

Daniel hands me my beautiful lilac bouquet and I put my arm through his. We make our way to the main room, where the ceremony is being held. I hold my breath as everyone stands as they take in Daniel and me.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I love you so much." Daniel says looking down at me. I smile at him and take a shaky breath.

"I love you too." I say and 'Make you feel my love' by Adele begins to play.

We begin to walk.

We walk the beautifully decorated ivory and lilac aisle, slow enough to take everything in. From my bridesmaids smiling adoringly at us, to the groomsmen bumping their shoulders, to Lucy sobbing in the corner.

I look up at Ian, who waits at the very end, in front of The Victorian's glass windows.

The sunlight around him makes him look celestial.

I hold back the rush of tears threatening, but it's useless when I see tears running down his face, and his hand fists against his mouth.

Daniel squeezes my hand, but I can't take my eyes off Ian and the way he takes me in, shakes and smiles through his tears.

My man. My beautiful, moody, wonderful, loving man.

We reach him and Daniel looks at Bryce, who will marry us.

Bryce smiles, looking from me to Daniel.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" He asks him.

Placing my hand on Ian's Daniel says, "She gives herself, with the family's blessing."

With a kiss to my forehead and a shake of Ian's hand, Daniel walks away.

I look up into Ian's eyes. They are the most beautiful shade of blue I have ever seen today. I reach up and dry his tears and he does the same to me. We laugh at ourselves and at the crowd's "Aww".

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Ian Hayden and Violet Sinclair in marriage. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so they have decided to live together as husband and wife." Bryce pauses, looking at Ian and then at the crowd.

"It was the groom's petition that I marry them immediately as he cannot wait another minute." Everyone laughs. Even we shake with nervous laughter.

Ian's hands take both of mine and he pulls me just a bit closer.

"It is time for the bride and groom to exchange their vows." Bryce says, handing Ian a microphone. Ian takes it, along with a deep breath.

"I had this whole thing planned out in my head; a speech I practiced a thousand times in front of my mirror, but one look at you and it's all gone." He admits, smiling beautifully at me. I laugh once. "The moment that I saw you, I knew you were going to be my wife, but there things I didn't know. I didn't know that in you, I would find my lover, my partner, my match. The person I want to spend an eternity fighting with, side by side." He kisses my knuckles. "I didn't know you could fall in love the way I do: each and every day. You are my one true love, the soul made for mine. For this, I will give myself to you completely today. I promise to love you, to comfort you, to honor you. I vow to respect you, to make your dreams come true and to cherish you. In health and in sickness. Through everything that may occur in our lives. I promise to do this and to be with you for as long as we both shall live and even after that." He says, sealing his vows and leaving me breathless. He hands me the microphone, eyes intent on mine, telling me that those words are real.

"Ian, I don't think I have thanked you enough for everything that you have done for me, for everything that you are to me. So thank you. Thank you for coming into my life so abruptly that it knocked the wind out of me." This elicits confused laughter in the audience. "Thank you for not giving up on me when I ran. There were things I also didn't know. See, I thought I was guarding my heart by running from you, when really you had my heart in your hands from the moment we met. I also thought I had a wonderful life before I met you, but I have come to realize that you are my life. You and our beautiful family." I take a deep breath as a tear rolls down my cheek. "Thank you for being my knight in shining armor, for being my rock and for being mine as I am yours. I love you more than life itself." His touch is warm as he wipes my tear away. "Today, I give whatever part of myself that isn't already yours. I will love you, comfort you and honor you above all things as you will me. I will respect you, make your dreams come true and cherish you. In health and in sickness and through every fight we may come across. I promise to do this and stay by your side for as long as my heart and soul are yours: forever." I hand Bryce the microphone, still looking into Ian's eyes because I couldn't look away if I wanted to.

I'm dying to kiss that smile on his face and tell him a million times how much I love him.

"Do you, Ian Hayden, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, keeping your vows against all odds?" Bryce asks his son, who looks at him and then at me with a grin.

"I do." He says. My heart skips a beat.

"Do you, Violet Sinclair, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, keeping your vows against all odds?" Bryce asks me.

Without skipping a beat I say, "I do."

"Do you have a ring for Violet?" Bryce asks Ian. Kelly walks over to us with Amaia in her arms, who holds a pillow in her small hands. We smile at them as she hands us our rings and walk away.

"I do." Ian answers.

"Do you have a ring for Ian?" Bryce asks me.

"I do." I say.

He takes them both and looks between us.
"These rings will seal the vows you have made today. They symbolize how your love is forever, how love is not easy, but forged. Take them and place them on the third finger of your loved one's left hand." He hands Ian's to him first.

Ian holds my hand with his trembling ones and slides on my silver, diamond ring. Bryce hands me Ian's and Ava, who is the bridesmaid closer to me takes my bouquet. I take his hand, sliding on his silver wedding band. Ava hands me back my bouquet and I thank her quietly.

"Son?" Bryce says. Ian looks at him.

"Yeah?" He asks. Bryce smiles.

"You may now kiss your bride." He says with a huge smile and sparkling gray eyes.

Ian takes my face in his hands and places his lips ever-so-gently on mine. I put my hands on his waist and pull him towards me, urging the kiss deeper as our guests laugh and cheer.

He pulls away and smiles down at me, looking between my eyes, completely breathless.

"You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." He says. I laugh nervousely.

"And you are the most beautiful thing that's ever happened to me." I reply.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is an honor to present to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Ian Hayden." Bryce says and Ian's eyes shine as he laughs, kissing me again.

"Let's party, Mrs. Hayden." He says against my lips. I nod, kissing his lips again. We turn to leave, but he stops and raises a hand to stop the crowd's cheering.

"She's my wife!" He yells at the top of his lungs. "She's my wife!" He repeats causing laughter and applause. I burst out laughing as he takes me in his arms and carries me down the aisle, with the song I walked in with playing again.

Perfection.

Ian

I arrive with my wife in my arms in her dressing room and finally put her down. I'm glad we have a few minutes alone before everyone else gets here.

God, I love her laugh.

I also love the way she's smiling at me now.

She is completely breathtaking in that white dress. I love the way it clings to her, accentuating every beautiful curve. I love the way it makes her red hair stand out. She is truly magnificent. A masterpiece.

"You're the most gorgeous bride in the world, Violet. The most stunning of them all." I say, pulling her close to me, kissing her forehead, he nose, her cheeks. She laughs as I assault her with my mouth. She puts her flowers down on the counter next to us.

"Thank you, baby." She whispers, taking my breath away with those big, light brown eyes. "You're the most mouthwatering groom I have ever seen." She tells me with a tempting grin.

We wait for people to begin to enter the reception room and take their assigned seats. We have a small number of guests. My parents invited our family and Violet invited her students and the teachers she knew best from the school.

Our photographer calls us to take some shots of us outside and then Nova comes down the stairs of the building. He smiles at us and points to the door.

"Everybody's waiting. Come on." He says. I take Violet's hand and we go inside. Nova pauses and kisses Violet's cheek.

"You're stunning." He says with a wink. He looks at me and smiles that smile.

"Thank you, Nova." Violet whispers with a small smile of her own. We make our way to the reception room and Nova opens the door for us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hayden." He says, introducing us again and everyone applauds. I laugh at as Mike whistles and yells "He's my best friend."

"Now, it's time for the lovely couple's first dance, everyone." Nova says with a microphone he produced out of thin air. I take my wife's hand and walk to the center of the room as 'Amazed' by Lonestar begins to play.

I spin her before pulling her close and placing a hand on her waist. Her hand automatically goes to my shoulder. And we begin to sway.

Everytime our eyes meet

This feeling inside me

Is almost more than I can take

I pull her, so that our bodies are entirely pressed together and sing the next lyrics.

Baby when you touch me

I can feel how much you love me

And it just blows me away.

Her eyes shine and I know she wants to cry. I couldn't handle it. Watching as she walked down the aisle, so perfect, so angelical after everything that's happened...It was too much.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." She says with that wonderful smile she's had on her face all day.

"You don't know how happy you make me." I say, shaking my head in disbelief. "You truly have no idea, baby." I say, kissing her cheek. My father and mother approach and I reluctantly hand my wife over to my father.

I take my mother's hand and we dance.

"Thank you for everything you've done, Mom. This wedding is everything Violet and I hoped for." She smiles and sniffs. I bet she's been crying the entire time.

"Oh, you don't have to thank me. This is for me as much as it is for you guys." I chuckle at her because we all know that. She smiles at me, those startling blue eyes of hers burning into mine. "I am so proud of you. The way you raised those kids into wonderful young adults and found yourself an amazing woman to spend your life with....I am in awe of you, Ian. I really am." I kiss her forehead.

"Thank you, Mom. That means so much to me." She smiles, patting my shoulder and gesturing at Ava who waits for her turn. I hand my mother off to my father, as Nova takes Violet and I take Ava.

Her eyes are red and puffy. She's also been crying.

"You look beautiful, baby girl." I say which makes her smile.

"You look handsome, Dad. Really, really good. But Violet...she's something else, isn't she?" She says, looking over her shoulder at Violet, who laughs at something Nova tells her.

"She really is." I agree. She looks back at me and her expression softens.
"I miss you, Dad. It's only been three months since I moved out, but I miss waking up to Violet's pancakes and your conversations with Amaia." She says, her voice shaking with amusement. I chuckle.

"In my defence, she's already said a few things. Why can't she say 'Ian' or 'Godfather'. It's not hard!" She laughs. "But I miss you and your brother too. You two will always be kids to me. No matter how old you get." She sighs contentedly.

"But your happiness and your goals are the most important thing to me, Ava. You're going after what you want. That's what I think about when I miss you guys." I admit. She stops dancing and hugs me tightly.

"I love you, Daddy." I sigh and hug her just as tight.

"I love you so much more, baby girl." The song ends and she smiles before walking over to her table. Nova walks over with Violet, whose hand I take. We sit at our table and wait for the toast.

The waiters and waitresses begin to prepare everything. Nova and Mike, who wanted to make the toasts, make their way to the center of the room and take the microphone.

Nova tells Mike to go first.

"Good evening, everyone. For those of you that don't know me, I am Mikeal, Ian's best friend." He says looking over at me. "I have known this man since I was 15, he was 16, which means we have been friends for twenty years. What can I tell you? We watched each other struggle with girls....me more than him, but," Everyone laughs. "The point is, that we always talked about how THE ONE didn't exist. The one woman to make you fall so hard you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. But today, I can safely say, yes. That woman exists. And I am so happy that my brother could find his. Ian's a total dork," More laughter. "but Violet is a beautiful, astonishing person and I am so happy to get to officially call her my sister." Violet places a hand over her heart and squeezes my hand. I smile at my brother as he raises his glass. "Ian...Violet, to a lifetime of joy, love, and fulfillment." Everyone drinks to his words. Nova takes the microphone from Mike and looks around.

"I'm Nova, the groom's son." Everyone cackles because it's no secret. "I want to toast to these two amazing people who fell in love and made the best decision of their lives: to get married." He pauses, gesturing at our table. "Mignon McLaughlin once said 'A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.'. As a witness of the love of these two wonderful people, I can say that this will be a marriage to look up to." Nova shifts so that his eyes meet mine. "Dad, thank you for being the world's greatest father, because even at your worst, you were the best for us. I love you more than words will ever say, not only because of all the things you did, but because of who you are." I feel tears sting in my eyes and I squeeze Violet's hand this time. He turns to her. "Violet or should I say, Mom, thank you. Thank you because you've taught us a lot more than just to dance. Thank you for being everything we never knew we truly needed. I love you so, so much." He turns to the guests and raises his glass. "To my parents. To their love, their passions, their goals and many, many more children." Everyone chuckles, but raise their glasses and toast with him.

Violet

There was a lot of dancing. Too much dancing.

After dinner and cutting the cake, it's all over. Everyone was kind, wishing us their best and giving us presents.

We say goodbye to everyone, sharing hugs and kisses. We're spending the night in a hotel and heading out to Bali first thing in the morning. I argued to go somewhere local, but Ian insisted we needed to get away.

"Come on, baby. Our ride's waiting outside." Ian says, offering his hand. I take it and stand up. We walk outside, our guests in tow.

There's a gorgeous limousine waiting for us and there are cheers for us as we walk down the steps and into the vehicle.

We buckle up and I rest my head on Ian's shoulder.

"I'm exhausted, but I can't imagine how you must be. You were getting ready all morning." He says, placing an arm around me. I nod.

"I could literally pass out." He chuckles and kisses my head.

We make it to the hotel quickly and I squeal as Ian pulls me into his arms to carry me all the way up.

He checks in, walks into the elevator and makes his way to our room with my in his arms. Our luggage is brought up behind us.

I laugh, taking the key from him and opening the door as he was struggling. He walks us both inside and puts me down next to the bed. He tips the man who brought our things and then we're alone.

"You're crazy." I say, reaching for my heels. He stops me.

"I'm undressing you." He says, taking off his suit, his bowtie, his shirt. I just watch, completely mesmerized by him. He only wears his trousers as he steps closer to me and makes me turn my back to him. "You are so beautiful with this dress." He says, lowering the zipper, slowly. His fingers brush against my skin in the slightest of ways and I am already breathless. Then his mouth is kissing above my tattoo. "But I prefer you without it."

I hold my breath as the dress falls and pools around my feet. I step out and he places it on the chair next to him.

"Turn around." He whispers. I do. I wear nothing but lace panties and my heels. He takes me in and then looks into my eyes. "You're so beautiful. I'll never stop telling you how beautiful you are." I breathe as he walks close to me, causing me to sit on the bed. He kneels and takes off my heels. "Lay on the bed." I do.

Without taking his blazing eyes off me, he takes off his shoes, his pants and his underwear, walking completely and gloriously naked toward me.

He kneels on the bed before me and slips off my panties, throwing them on the floor.

He slowly sinks on top of my and kisses me. My hands fist in his hair as he deepens the kiss. He tastes delicious and I can't get enough. He pulls away and kisses my forehead, getting off me to lay beside me instead.

"Let's get some sleep. We have a long day tomorrow." I turn to face him and we lay looking at each other on our sides.

"You're not making love to me tonight?" I ask and he nods.

"With my eyes, with my touch, with my words, I'll always be making love to you." He answers, leaving me completely breathless. I move closer to him and kiss his lips once.

"I love you." I whisper against his lips. He kisses me, harder this time.

"And I love you, Mrs. Hayden." He whispers back. One of his hands snakes around my waist to pull me close. I wrap one around his too.

"Sleep, baby." He says before kissing my nose and sighing.

"You're so bossy." I whisper, my eyes closed, sleep already taking me under.

He chuckles and gently caresses my side.

"You're so stubborn."

I slowly begin to fall asleep in the arms of the man I love.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have him. People roam the world trying to find their one, their only and some never find it.

But I did.

And I'm going to fight my entire life to keep him.

No matter what the odds are or how many times we get hurt.

Because the man I love is worth fighting for. And I know that whatever tomorrow brings will be good, but if it's not, that's okay.

I'm ready for war.

A/N:

And we reached the end. Thank you all so much for your support. Not only for the votes, comments and messages, but for those who read and follow this story.

I love you all so much, truly. I am unbelievably lucky to have such wonderful readers and I don't know what I would be doing without you guys. 

If you already miss Ian and Violet, don't fret! They will appear in the second book in this series, Teach Me, which will be updated soon. You'll know a lot more about Ian and Violet and where their lives go.

If you have the time and wish to do so, please comment your favorite part or quote of the entire book, as I adore you guys' opinions.

Thank you. A million times thank you.

P.S. I sobbed a lot while writing this. :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 1.7K 7
Madi meets Chase, an underground fighter, and he likes to beat up a lot more than just people.
31.3K 978 19
Nissa Reyn is a rebel that is trying to finish her senior year at one school. When her new friends introduce her to a popular underground fighting ri...
332K 6.7K 36
Blake Hunter is a boxer for an 'underground' fighting club. Ella Kage is the new girl, misinterpreted for a nerd, and known as the girl who is alway...
4.5K 188 35
Tessa O'Conner isn't your typical high school girl. She's had a cheating boyfriend, alcohol addiction, and she is a streetfighter. Nobody knows about...