Graveyard, Backyard

Von poetrythanki

Welcome to the ominous town of Havendell, where the lives of three individuals collide in a haunting tale. Cl... Mehr

PART ONE ~ Empty Grave
1. Dumbstruck
2. Confused
3. Cold War
4. Housewarming
5. Disgusting Lie
Chapter 6 - Nightmare
Chapter 7 - The Truth
Chapter 8 - The Uninvited
Chapter 9 - Broken Bones
Chapter 10 - Kidnapped
Chapter 11 - Betrayed
Chapter 12 - Revelation
Chapter 13 - Joys of Drowning
Chapter 14 - Escape Plan
Chapter 15 - Decisions
Chapter 16 - Guilt
Chapter 17 - The House Next Door
Chapter 18 - Escaping
Chapter 19 - Amulet
Chapter 20 - A Normal Day
Chapter 21 - Haunting Past
Chapter 22 - The Beginning
Chapter 23 - A Missing Day
Chapter 25 - Losing Him
Chapter 26 - Saving Him
Chapter 27 - My Grim
Chapter 28 - What keeps me Alive
Chapter 29 - Other way
Chapter 30 - Dementor
Chapter 31 - Stranger
Chapter 32 - The Twin Brides
Chapter 33 - Latched
Chapter 34 - Confession
Chapter 35 - The Curse
Chapter 36 - More lies
Chapter 37 - Down The Lake
Chapter 38 - Nightmare Come True
Chapter 39 - Beginning of the End
Chapter 40 - Backstabbing
Chapter 41 - Encounter with Death
Chapter 42 - Sinking Hope
Chapter 43 - How It Ends
Chapter 44 : Ruins and Remains
- Acknowledgements -
PART TWO ~ Cursed Amulet
45. Silence Before The Storm
46. Change of Plans
47. Bystander
48. Hot and Cold
49. Revival and Rivalry
50. The Bond
51. The Anchor
52. Claustrophobic
53. What hurts the most
54. Delusion
55. Road Trip
56.1 - Back Story
56.2 - Back Story
56.3 - Back Story
57. A Bad Feeling
58. The Narrator
59. Unravel
60. Instincts
61. Broken Bonds
62. And It Begins..
63. Lost Lover
64. The Dance Of Death
65. Farewell
66. Starting Anew
67. Epilogue
You could reread GYBY or...

Chapter 24 - A Night to Remember

12.4K 897 133
Von poetrythanki

I heard whispers. I heard so many people talking with muffled voices outside my room. I didn't know that dad had called people over at our house.

I got up, took off my blanket and switched on the lights again. My room was pretty chilled as if it was winter. I got near the door and the voices got louder. I opened my door. It was completely dark and empty. I got in the hallway.

The hallway leads to the living area. Dad's room and the kitchen were on the other side of the living while a small guest room was on the opposite side of my room.

But, the whole house was dark. And there was no one except dad and me. The voice might be coming from the street. I turned around and went back into my room when I heard a strong masculine voice calling my name. My feet stuck to the floor and my fingers around the knob. The voice vibrated through every vein in my body.

"Claire.." it was a mere whisper coming from the other end of hallway.

I took a step back and craned my neck to see who was calling me. I saw someone standing in the hallway's end. I stepped into the hallway and stared the silhouette of a tall man.

I was wondering why was I drawn to that figure while my feet took automatic steps towards him. Those yellowish eyes sparkled in the dark which attracted me like a moth who's attracted by fire. I stopped myself when I reached into the living room.

The tall figure took small steps towards me, his eyes focused on my little fragile self.

"There's no going back." he said in a sharp voice.

And then I was surrounded by various noises. There were screams, loud cries; some were shouting, cursing, praying, begging. The noise flooded from all four sides. It made my knees tremble. I sat on the carpet with a thud. I tightly shut my ears to stop the voices from drowning me. I squeezed my eyes shut. I panicked and shouted,

"Stop it!"

And then I heard nothing. I heard silence. Dark, black silence. I open an eye and found darkness around me. And then opened both of my eyes and look around. I was alone. I removed my hands from my ears and clutched my chest where my heart was beating at a raging speed. I got up, with my knees still weak, and gushed to my room as fast as I can.

"Claire, you listening to me?" Next day Aria came to meet me and check on me.

"Um.. yeah." I replied. Although I wasn't. I was still recalling my memories from yesterday.

"Great! Now go get ready."

"Why?"

"We just decided we're going out! We wasted our 4th but we're not going to waste the rest of our holidays!"

"ARIA!"

"Blah..Blah.. I'm not listening."

I groaned loudly as she pulled me off the couch and dragged me to my room. After two hours, we were at a dance club wearing short skirts, straightened hairs and heavy makeup.

Aria dragged me on a dance floor and advised to forget the world and let the music hypnotize me. After two songs, I was feeling better. We got tired and she dragged me to a table. I sat on a chair while she went to bring some drinks for us.

"Hey Claire!" I first I didn't hear the voice due to loud hip hop music. It was Brandon, Aria's boyfriend.

I gave a lame 'hey' when he grabbed a chair and sat beside me. And soon, I saw my ex Mark did the same. He sat on the other side of Brandon and shrugged at me.

"So, are you enjoying?" Brandon tried to make a conversation.

"I was.. until now."

"Hi!!" Aria shouted as soon as she saw Brandon. She rushed over to him and lightly pecked on his lips.

"You guys need anything?" she asked while she handed me my coke.

"I'll get it." Mark stood up and went to the bartender.

"Aria.." I was so angry at her. She called them and didn't even warn me.

"Not now.. please?" she shouted in my ear. Then, she went to Brandon, grabbed his arms and took him to the dance floor.

I was, all of a sudden, feeling angry. My emotions washed over my happy mood.

"Why are you frowning?" Mark asked when he returned, to which I just humped.

We just sat there in silence. After a while, I saw him staring me. It made me even more angrier. Why wasn't Aria with me when I needed her the most? What was I even doing here? Why can't I just strangle my handsome ex who's staring me? I was having weird, dangerous thoughts.

I stood up before I made all that evil thoughts real. I grabbed my wallet and made my way out of the pub. Those dim florescent lighting and heavy bass music was giving me headache. That was the reason I never went to those pubs.

I was onto the street, walking along the footpath when I heard Mark calling me. I knew he'd follow. I ignored and continued walking. I need a cab and I'll be home.

"Claire, wait." his voice was nearer. I tried to run but damn! Those stilettoes were impossible to even walk. Warm fingers grabbed my arm stopping me from going any further.

"Claire.." he turned me to look at him.

"Just leave me alone! Why don't you leave me alone? Why? Just leave me like you did few months ago!"

"Babe, look.."

"I'm not your babe.." I was shouting and crying. Others looked at us and stared at us like we were those drunk teens making a fight scene on road.

"It's not the time. And I'm definitely not going to leave you now. Where were you going?" he caught me by both of his arms while I was wriggling to get out of it.

"Home."

"And how will you reach there?"

"Cab."

"You won't get any cabs here. And it's not safe to walk alone. I'll drop you."

Before I could protest, he took my palm and tagged me along with him to the parking area. Once I got in his SUV, I remembered the smell of it. I remembered how many times we went on a long drive, sang along the songs on the radio, chatted for hours. And now we were just strangers.

He called Brandon and informed him about us. Then he told me Aria would drop Brandon. I gave him the directions of my new home and he just nodded. Other than that, there was an awkward silence. He didn't play the radio, just lowered down his window and put his left hand on the window sill and kept his eyes on the road.

My mind was busy roaming over various subjects and it was overwhelming me. I had this constant hollow feeling in my stomach which made me uncomfortable. I had that since that Friday night. Would Mark believe me if I tell him that? About the house by the Havendell lake?

"So, how was your experience in Havendell? I heard it's a beautiful town." he said as if he heard my thoughts.

"Um..great."

Silence.

"Are you going to stay here for the whole year?"

"Yea."

Silence, again.

"Left turn." I informed.

We reached my apartment and I got out of the car after saying 'Thanks'. He, too, came out of his car and hurried towards me.

"Claire.."

"Hmm?"

"Will you.. will you give me a chance?" he begged.

Chance? Why was he asking for chance? For what? I was already going through a lot of pain and struggle, I don't know if I could handle more. But do I want to give him a chance? Should I look over his mistake?

Will's face flashed into my thoughts. I remembered how I treated with him when he was just trying to help me. I was regretting my behavior now. Mark, too was trying.

I looked into his concerned eyes which were begging me to say a 'yes'. I just gave a weak smile and said,

"Don't screw this again."

His eyes sparkled with happiness and he smiled. Oh how I missed this heart melting smile. He hugged me and kissed my hairs. I hid my face in his chest, his cologne refreshing my system and I sighed happily. After all, I loved him.

"I love you, Claire. You can.. you don't know how happy.." he kissed my cheek and looked into my eyes. I could see those familiarity again. "Thank you!"

I smiled and gave a nod.

"I'll call you?"

I nodded again. And then I waved a bye and turned on my heels and walked towards the elevator happily. I turned once more and sneaked a glance. He was literally jumping with happiness, warm blood rushed my cheeks.

I just reached the front door of my flat when I received a call. It was Mark's. He was an impatient guy. I chuckled how my mood changed in few minutes. Love makes you do crazy things. I slide the answer button,

"Hey!"

"Claire.." my eyes got wide with terror, "I hope you said a proper goodbye to your love."

He wasn't Mark.

-----------------------------------------

I thank EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU for reading! I don't know your names but I am so grateful that you've been on this journey along with me. ❤ Love ya all!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

183 13 13
Malachi Mathews at the age of 16 was locked away in a mental institution for the murder of his brother Julian. On Halloween night of 2023 during a tr...
3.2K 524 45
Pest, as the human son of two fairies, is an anomaly--or as his father puts it--an unwelcome surprise. Why? Well, his fairy parents are forced into h...
685 126 30
Jake's sister, Sam, moves into Witch Hill and she has some secrets that even Jake doesn't know about! Trey has also moved into the house, creating ev...
8K 381 124
He's dark, handsome And completely unobtainable. While the death of her mother haunts her, eighteen-year-old Zoe goes through a difficult period and...