Rolling with the punches

De panziebear

What happens when boring, everyday, normal Stella meets the mysterious loner Kyler? Both of their lives chang... Mais

author's note
Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter Seven-Part One
Chapter Seven-Part Two
Chapter Eight
Chapter nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Epilogue

Chapter Six

279 5 5
De panziebear

As always, comments would be grealy appreciated if its not to much trouble...

THANX A MILLION FOR READING!!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Six

At 4:00am Dana stumbled in, slightly drunk with her sober room mate trailing behind her. Although it was late, they both decided they weren't ready to go to bed and that they wanted to watch TV so I had to stay up with them for another hour since I was sleeping on the pull out couch in front of the TV.

They finally decided they were tired and went downstairs to bed and I fell asleep quickly after that.

****************************************************

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I blinked rapidly when the bright light hit me. I squinted and pressing my head back into the pillow. It was then that I realised two things,

One-something was breathing on my face.

Two- something else was laying on my back.

I looked to my right only to have spike immediately lick my face. I groaned and wiped it off, flipping onto my back and hearing a distressed meow coming from underneath me.

I quickly sat up and shifted over, revealing a very angry looking cat.

I laughed, "Sorry Titan," I scratched under his chin, causing him to purr, all past aggravation forgotten.

I stood up and stretched, looking at the clock only to find that it was past noon. I wandered over to the table and found a note.

Stella,

I got called out, should be back around two.

I didn't get a chance to take spike out could You?

That would be great!

Thanks

Dana :)

I sighed and got dressed, throwing on some sweats and a T-shirt, calling spike and walking to the door. He followed my eagerly and soon enough we were on our way.

I found myself on the same street that I saw Kyler the previous day and I decided to walk the way I saw them leave when we parted ways.

I wandered down the road, taking in the condition of the shabby, rundown, sorry excuses for houses that looked increasingly worse the further I went.

The sidewalks were cracked and falling out from under my feat, there were broken fences and windows and garbage littered the ground.

I moved at a fairly slow pace as I studied my surroundings carefully. I looked to my right and there was a small, single story house with peeling beige paint and shingles falling off the roof. The front window was cracked and repaired with duct tape and ratty towels were hung to block out the light.

I was turning my head to look at the other side of the street when I saw one of the towels twitch, I thought nothing of it until I heard locks clicking and the front door flew open, creaking loudly in protest, and out came Terri.

"SPIKE!" she yelled, running towards me, her shining brown curls bouncing up and down.

I smiled slightly then frowned, she seemed to remember I was there because she looked up at me and smiled brightly, showing one cute little dimple.

"Hello Stella, how are you?" she asked, polite as ever.

"I'm good, but are you supposed to run out of the house like that? Does someone know where you are?" I asked, becoming slightly worried. Her answer was cut off by someone yelling her name franticly.

A girl that appeared to be 13 or 14 appeared in the door, looking incredibly panicked, holding the little blonde boy that was with Kyler in her arms.

When she spotted us standing on the sidewalk she sighed in relief and relaxed visibly. She stomped over and grabbed Terri by the arm.

"Terri! What have I told you about talking to strangers, and you can't leave the house without me. You scared the crap out of me, don't you ever do that again!" she said, looking like she was on the verge of tears.

Terri reached up and patted the hand that was still attached to her arm and gave her a look that was way beyond her years and said, "Mirry, stop worrying, I didn't run on the road and Spikes my friend! Oh and so is Stella," she finished quickly.

I looked back at the girl Terri had called Mirry. She seemed to have deflated and was fighting a small smile.

"Ok Terri bear, its fine just don't do it again ok?" she said, releasing the grip she had on the little girls arm and bending down to look in her eyes. "Kay!" Terri replied happily. The older girl kissed her on the cheek, straightened up and looked at me, smiling apologetically. She reached out her hand and I took it.

"Hi, I'm Mira, sorry about that, she just scared me, you really can't trust this neighbourhood." she said, looking around warily. I chuckled and shook my head,

"No worries, I totally understand," I said, "I'm Stella, nice to meet you Mira," I smiled and she gladly returned it. "And who is this handsome devil?" I asked reaching out to tickle the adorable little boy.

"This is Harley," she said as he giggled and squirmed.

"Puppy!" he demanded in the cutest baby voice ever!

"Will your dog be ok if I put him down?" Mira asked me

"Oh ya, he's fine," I said and she set him down, watching him as he waddled over to spike.

"So why does Terri tell me you two are acquainted?" Mira questioned curiously.

"Oh well we met yesterday and I know Kyler from school," I said as normally as I could manage. Mira stiffened slightly when I said his name but corrected herself quickly.

"Really? He never mentioned you."

This didn't surprise me so I simply said, "Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to." she nodded.

We were talking about school when out of the corner of my eye I saw movement down the street. I turned my head to see a large black truck screech around the corner, going much to fast to be safe.

Another movement attracted my attention, this time it was closer to me. I looked into the street and horror filled me when I saw Harley tottering across it, chasing after a cat.

My mind seemed to detach from my body and the world slowed down.

I jumped into the street as the truck sped towards us, not making any effort to slow down or stop.

I got within range of the little boy as the truck got closer and closer.

I scooped him up in my arms and jumped, angling my body so I landed on my back instead of on him just as the truck reached us.

"HARLEY!" I heard Mira scream as we hit the ground hard, my feet hitting the ground first before back slammed down and my head banged on the edge of the opposite sidewalk. I groaned, closing my eyes.

"Terri, stay here, don't move." Mira ordered before I heard her footsteps approach us, she pulled Harley off me. "Stell are you ok?" I chuckled lightly, wincing from the pain in my head, opening my eyes and sitting up slowly.

"Yep, I'm fine, just a little bump on the head, no worries." I said with a wave of my hand, my voice slightly strained. She looked at me sceptically. "Seriously I'm fine" I confirmed.

She sighed and turned to Harley who was sitting on the sidewalk, looking kind of lost.

"Are you ok baby?" she asked him, picking him up and placing him on her lap. He nodded and she relaxed hugging him to her closely, then shifting her gaze to me.

"Thank you so much Stella, I can't believe I didn't see him, I feel horrible." she said gratefully. I stood up, dusted off my pants and looked down at her.

"It was no problem at all Mira, accidents happen, I'm just glad I could help." I answered sincerely, still slightly out of breath and in a fair amount of pain that I was hiding successfully. She nodded and stood up as well,

"Well thank you anyway." she said again, "Do you live around here?" she asked as we walked across the street.

"No I live about five minutes north of town, my sister lives just over there." I said pointing in the direction of Dana's house and picking up Spikes leash, grateful that he's such a good dog and didn't take off. "How old are you anyway?"

"I'm fourteen" Mira answered, walking over and taking Terri's hand, Harley was squirming in her arms but she didn't let him down.

I pulled at my phone and looked at the time, noticing that it was almost one thirty. "Well I really have to go, my sisters going to be home soon," I said. "It was nice meeting you Mira."

Terri pulled away from Mira and ran over to me, hugging my legs again; I picked her up and hugged her back.

"Thank you." she whispered. I smiled and put her down.

"Your welcome" I replied as she ran back to Mira. "See you guys." I waved and turned back down the road. When I turned the corner I plopped down on the ground, suddenly exhausted, my head aching intensely, all my energy gone thanks to my adrenaline rush.

I sighed and pulled myself off the ground, no matter how much it hurt or even how much it terrified me, it didn't matter because I had a feeling that family had been through way to much already.

MIRA'S P.O.V

I can't believe she did that...she could have been killed...could have been killed because of my stupid mistake! There is something truly amazing about a person that would risk there life for someone they just met. I thought to myself as the three of us trudged into the crap shack we called our house.

My body was shaking so badly i felt as though i would collapse, I really thought he was going to get hit buy that car....I didn't even see Stella, she got there so fast.

When we entered the house I realised that we hadn't ate lunch yet. Setting Harley down I went back to the door, looked both ways for anything suspicious and locked it behind me quickly before walking, almost robotically, to the kitchen.

I searched through the shabby cupboards and found four slices of bread and a juice box. I pulled them out and walked over to the fridge finding an almost empty container of butter and a small block of cheese. A sigh escaped my mouth when I realised that lunch wasn't going to happen for me.

After buttering the bread and slicing the cheese I placed the cheese in the bread, handed one to Terri and ripped the other one up into small pieces before placing it on a plate for Harley.

"You have to share the Juice box." I said, piercing the box with the straw in and handing it to Terri, who took a sip and gave it to Harley.

Once they were finished I had no energy left so I brought them to the medium sized bed room shared by all four of us so they could take a nap.

I placed Harley on one of the two single mattresses that were pressed up against either wall, covering him up and kissing his forehead.

Terri was sitting on the other mattress waiting patiently, I smiled sadly because a four year old shouldn't have that kind of patience.

I walked over and sat beside her; she crawled into my lap and snuggled into my side. I wrapped my arms around her, wishing it was enough to protect her from the world.

Moments later soft snores could be heard coming from the tiny angel in my lap, I sighed and wiped roughly at my watery eyes, laying her down gently in the bed, covering her up and exiting the room.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

130 12 10
This time they will be together forever, or will this relationship end with a unexpected surprise. Someone unexpected will party their way to a death...
11 0 9
Kyle was a regular old guy, worked a lame job and had a pretty boring life. Until he took a mystery pill that gave him awesome powers nobody's seen...
7 1 1
Hannah and Carsons' Dad gets kidnapped and they voyage out with their friends to save him.
1.7K 52 26
In a place that is normal, Stella Mare soon finds herself stumbling into a deadly situation. After waking up in a hospital bed, there is no sign of l...