Hope of the Dying World

By ni-val

Senior Police Officer II Timotheus Alfarez died in an accident after he lost his beloved daughter due to pand... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1 - THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER 2 - THE AMUSEMENT PARK
CHAPTER 3 - THE HORROR HOUSE
CHAPTER 4 - THE COMMOTION
CHAPTER 5 - THE ASSIGNMENT
CHAPTER 6 - THE INFECTED
CHAPTER 7 - THE REINCARNATION
CHAPTER 8 - THE RIVAL'S BODY
CHAPTER 9 - THE FIRST CASE
CHAPTER 10 - THE CLUE
CHAPTER 11 - THE GUT
CHAPTER 12 - THE VOLUNTEER
CHAPTER 13 - THE UNDERCOVER
CHAPTER 14 - THE DRAMA
CHAPTER 15 - THE EVIDENCE
CHAPTER 16 - THE FAMILY FRIEND
CHAPTER 17 - THE MICROORGANISM
CHAPTER 18 - THE LECTURE
CHAPTER 19 - THE PROFESSOR
CHAPTER 20 - THE ABANDONED HOUSE
CHAPTER 21 - THE SAFE PLACE
CHAPTER 22 - THE FREE RIDE
CHAPTER 23 - THE POLICE STATION
CHAPTER 24 - THE PUPPY
CHAPTER 25 - THE RESCUE
CHAPTER 26 - THE FAKE HUNTER
CHAPTER 27 - THE SEASHORE
CHAPTER 28 - THE BAR
CHAPTER 29 - THE RED-HAIRED
CHAPTER 30 - THE ADDICTS
CHAPTER 31 - THE TRIBAL TATTOO
CHAPTER 32 - THE POISON
CHAPTER 33 - THE STUDENT
CHAPTER 34 - THE VIRUS
CHAPTER 35 - THE BROTHER
CHAPTER 36 - THE EPIDEMIC
CHAPTER 37 - THE LOCKDOWN
CHAPTER 38 - THE BANK
CHAPTER 39 - THE WARNING
CHAPTER 40 - THE MEMBER
CHAPTER 41 - THE HERB
CHAPTER 42 - THE ANTIDOTE
CHAPTER 43 - THE RALLY
CHAPTER 44 - THE TRUCK
CHAPTER 45 - THE SELFISH
CHAPTER 46 - THE CHOICE
CHAPTER 47 - THE NOTEBOOK
CHAPTER 48 - THE BRIDGE
CHAPTER 49 - THE DINNER
CHAPTER 50 - THE CHASE
CHAPTER 51 - THE HARSH TRUTH
CHAPTER 52 - THE FUNERAL
CHAPTER 53 - THE MALL
CHAPTER 54 - THE CULPRIT
CHAPTER 55 - THE BOMB
CHAPTER 56 - THE WOUND
CHAPTER 57 - THE HERO
CHAPTER 58 - THE ICE CREAM
CHAPTER 59 - THE YEAR-END
CHAPTER 60 - THE CHURCH
CHAPTER 62 - THE TALK
CHAPTER 63 - THE CHRISTMAS EVE
CHAPTER 64 - THE GIFT
CHAPTER 65 - THE BLAME
CHAPTER 66 - THE WOUNDED MAN
CHAPTER 67 - THE DISTANCE
CHAPTER 68 - THE KIDNAP
CHAPTER 69 - THE YACHT
CHAPTER 70 - THE STREET SWEEPER
CHAPTER 71 - THE BRION BROTHERS
CHAPTER 72 - THE NEXT SUSPECT
CHAPTER 73 - THE LADY IN RED
CHAPTER 74 - THE PROM NIGHT
CHAPTER 75 - THE HIDDEN LETTER
CHAPTER 76 - THE SIBLINGS
CHAPTER 77 - THE BEST GIFT
CHAPTER 78 - THE RANT
CHAPTER 79 - THE JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 80 - THE FALL
CHAPTER 81 - THE DEATH-NOTE
CHAPTER 82 - THE FLASH DRIVE
CHAPTER 83 - THE NEW BLESSING
CHAPTER 84 - THE EFFORT
CHAPTER 85 - THE APPROVAL
CHAPTER 86 - THE SECRET MISSION
CHAPTER 87 - THE DEEP HOLE
CHAPTER 88 - THE WORTHLESS
CHAPTER 89 - THE TUNNEL
CHAPTER 90 - THE BAMBOO HOUSE
CHAPTER 91 - THE WORDS OF WISDOM
CHAPTER 92 - THE REPLACEMENT
CHAPTER 93 - THE CAMPSITE
CHAPTER 94 - THE CONNECTION
CHAPTER 95 - THE CHANGES
CHAPTER 96 - THE FARM CASE
CHAPTER 97 - THE ARROW
CHAPTER 98 - THE CUBICLE
CHAPTER 99 - THE MEETING PLACE
CHAPTER 100 - THE HONOR
CHAPTER 101 - THE DAUGHTER
CHAPTER 102 - THE INTRUDER
CHAPTER 103 - THE SORROW
CHAPTER 104 - THE CAR CRASH
CHAPTER 105 - THE SEARCH
CHAPTER 106 - THE BODY SUIT
CHAPTER 107 - THE PENDANT
CHAPTER 108 - THE CODE
CHAPTER 109 - THE HALF-BROTHER
CHAPTER 110 - THE HOPE
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 61 - THE ENCOUNTER

0 0 0
By ni-val

Ferran was tailing Mr. Wang who was heading to San Mateo. He needs to capture that b*stard before it's too late. He has a strong feeling that Mr. Wang knows something about the organization. He is a person of interest in many cases which involve drugs, sadly, authorities lack evidence to make a warrant of arrest.

"He's about to enter a hotel nearby like in our plan." He heard Sanchez on his earpiece. He turned to the supermarket of San Mateo which is in front of the hotel Sanchez was telling.

He parked there and waited for the right timing. Ferran was wearing a black face mask and a black cap. He looked at the side mirror of the car he borrowed from a friend, and saw Mr. Wang went out of the car with his, as he calculated, more than five bodyguards.

When they entered the hotel, Ferran got out of his car and proceeded to the hotel's kitchen where he would disguise as a bellboy. He wore the prosthetics they prepared to completely disguise himself.

He'll deliver the food to Mr. Wang's rented room according to the plan and will capture him there if needed.

"There are two bodyguards outside. Be ready. I turned off the CCTV there so you don't have to worry." It was Sanchez who's guiding him.

"Got it." He responded when he saw the two bodyguards, "Room service, food delivery." He said.

"I will call our boss first." The bodyguard said.

He doesn't let the guard make a call. He immediately punched them to make them sleep, then he pulled them to the end of the hallway where he could hide their bodies.

He entered the room and there, he saw Mr. Wang was having a conversation with a man in black and wearing a mask that covered half of his face.

He served it on the table in front of the two. While putting the food on the table, Ferran looked at the briefcase full of dollar bills. There's a hidden camera in his watch and there, he captured lots of times.

He noticed something under the table, he got curious so he intentionally dropped the fork and when he took it, he saw a slightly open briefcase under the table. It contains packs of illegal drugs! If he's not mistaken.

"Sanchez, positive. There's a transaction here and illegal drugs were involved." He whispered.

"Got it. We will be there immediately. Stay alive, alright?"

"Of course." Ferran was about to stand up but he felt a cold mouth of a gun at the back of his head.

"Hands up." One of the guards pointed the gun at him.

"Sh*t." He cursed under his breath then slowly raising his hands.

"Ferran? What happened? Are you caught off guard? Hey, Ferran!" Sanchez worriedly asked because he heard him cursed and a gunshot rang throughout the hotel room.

Sanchez was in a rush to go to the hotel. He grabbed his car key, gun, and jacket and was about to go outside the house when Blair stopped him.

"Uncle Rouvie, what's happening? Is uncle Simeon, alright?" Blair felt that something bad was happening to his uncle Simeon because Sanchez was acting strange but she was ignored.

Sanchez tapped something on his phone, "Beltran! Contact our co-police near the hotel. We need to hurry, Ferran is in danger." He tapped again on his phone. "Sh*t! He put his life in danger again. F*ck!"

Blair followed him because she's so worried and wants to see her uncle. She also entered the car but Sanchez didn't allow her to go with him.

"Blair, what are you---"

"I want to come with you. I want to see my uncle."

"It's too dangerous! Just stay at home and lock the door."

"But I want to---"

"Don't be too hard-headed, Blair. I need to go there quickly to help your uncle. Please, just obey." Sanchez said and looked at her with pleading eyes. She sighed heavily and went outside the car.

"Come back alive. I need to know his reasons."

"He will, so go back to his house and lock the door." She nodded and ran toward the house.

Sanchez is on his way and was trying to contact Ferran but he's not answering.

"Ugh! Don't die, Ferran. Don't die!" He slammed his car's steering wheel and turned his car at full speed.

+++

"Boss, what's going on? We're in the middle of our meeting." Mr. Wang said.

'Boss!? He's the Boss of the BC organization!?' Ferran asked in his mind. 'F*ck! I need to stop him! But... But how? One wrong move, and I will die.'

"Boss---"

"You should take care of that spy. I need to go. You're not careful and you just waste my time." The Boss said and left them.

Ferran thought carefully about what he would do to escape them and when a plan was made up in his mind, he immediately turned around and held the guard's arm. He pushed it upwards before the guard even pulled the trigger.

Other guards pulled their guns and were about to shoot him but he swiftly twisted the guard's arm at the back and served as his shield then he pulled his own gun inside the bellboy's uniform and shot the guards who attacked him. Almost half of the bodyguards inside that room were dead.

Unfortunately, someone shot him at the back.

"Sh*t." He didn't hesitate to shoot the man behind who shot him first.

He hid at the back of the sofa nearby while enduring the pain in his back. The bodyguards fired at him and he even had a bullet wound in his arm.

"Why can't we open the door!?" Mr. Wang yelled and slammed the back of the door. "Killed that man!" He was referring to Ferran who felt weak because of his bullet wound.

He ran toward the balcony of the hotel room while the foes fired bullets toward him but luckily, none of them shot him seriously.

He hid on the side where the concrete wall can protect him from the bullets. He sat there and readied his gun to defend himself.

When he looked at the side where steel bars were attached to serve as the barrier in the balcony, they were on the fifth floor of the hotel. He saw police cars on the side of the road and some of the reporters arrived there to watch what will happen next.

'They are here.' He sighed in relief.

Lots of bodyguards attacked him but he shot them immediately. He's out of bullets and the one who attacked him was out of bullets too.

Ferran kicked the enemy but the guard recovered immediately and held his collar. He was punched by the guard and they fought.

He was pushed through the wall and the wound on his back hurt even more. He groaned and cursed a lot. Another one came and shot them but Ferran immediately ducked and his opponent. With all his strength, he gave his opponent a strong blow that made him sleep.

The one who just came was running out of bullets so he rushed to Ferran and just pushed him to the steel bars.

Unexpectedly, they fell but Ferran quickly grabbed the steel bar. His opponent fell straight from the fifth floor of the building and its flesh burst on the ground floor. The people below screamed when the man fell.

Ferran tried to tightly grip the steel bars with his two hands even though his flesh was stretched and his wound was bleeding too much.

'Sh*t, I can't hold any longer.'

One of his hands let go of the steel bar. He felt really weak.

"You! You ruined my business!" Mr. Wang yelled and pointed his gun at Ferran and was about to pull the trigger when he was shot on the head by the man at his back.

"Sir!" He saw Chief Centeno reaching him with his hand. He still wearing his prosthetics so the Chief didn't recognize him. "Hold my hands! I will pull you up!"

He held his hand and pulled him up but their hands are sliding against each other because the Chief's hand is sweaty.

Thankfully, after a while, Sanchez arrived and helped them. They successfully save Ferran from the verge of death but Ferran barely breathes. It was as if he'd lose his life at any minute.

They lifted him toward the elevator to send him to the hospital. While they were on their way to one of San Mateo's hospitals, Sanchez came with the ambulance.

"Ferran! Hold on! Ferran! Ferran! Ferran..."

He was still conscious but later on, his sight became blurry and his breathing deepened. After a while...

Everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stolen! (EDITING) By Madhura

Mystery / Thriller

36.4K 3.1K 30
HIGHEST RATING, YET: #5- MYSTERY/THRILLER Have you ever wondered about the life after death? A twenty-two year old girl, who is dead for the world...
65.3K 1.4K 53
Death wasn't an unfamiliar concept, but no one knows what awaits them after it, ironically I find found myself in said situation after I fell into th...
Fate By Fiction addict

Mystery / Thriller

392 69 20
We don't know what is stored in our fate.
10.9K 139 47
Love is strange. It exists in many forms and is one of the key components that makes humans happy, but there isn't a lot of understanding surrounding...