Flames Of Redemption

Od izabelgamer1234

"You're such a bastard!" she yelled, her voice trembling with anger. "I am a bastard," he agreed, leaning eve... Více

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
84 (II)
85
86
87
88
89
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104

90

18 0 0
Od izabelgamer1234

"Seraphina?!" Regan exclaimed, taken aback. She couldn't believe it was really her. She stood up, and pulled her in a hug.

"What are you doing here, my child?" Seraphina asked as she hugged her back, her expression confused, "Are you alone here?"

"I...." Regan trailed off, "There was an attack and I ended up here."

"Yes, the yaaxils," Seraphina said, her expression sour, "but thankfully, they're being taken off now. And the situation is normalizing slightly. But why.....I mean, why are you here? How, how did Sirius leave you alone?"

Regan looked at Seraphina, having no idea how to answer. She didn't know how Seraphina would take it if she admitted she escaped from Sirius. But then again, Seraphina might help her.

"It's.... it's a long story."

"Tell me, my dear." She sat down beside Regan and with a heavy sight, Regan began to tell Seraphina most of the things that had happened to her. She also told how she was scared that Sirius might have done something to her but Seraphina cleared up her worries.

"You've been through a lot." Seraphina finally said, her gaze distant to the city, "But are you sure about what you want to do now?"

"Of course I am," Regan answered. "I want to find my mother." She wanted this with all her heart, with every fiber of her being. "And I also want to find my friend, Iris. But I have no idea how to."

"I understand," the other nodded, "I'll help you finding mother and your friend." Regan's heart raced with hope and thrill at Seraphina's words. She couldn't believe her mentor was willing to help her.

"But where are you starting from? You can't just search your mother without any trace or clue."

"I know. I have been thinking about....Agnes. The witch you once told me about. She must know something. Where is she prisoned?" Regan asked, her expression a mix of hope and uncertain.

Seraphina nodded, "Yes, she must know. She's imprisoned in one of the underworlds of rouges. Where the worst criminals are imprisoned."

"Underworld of rouges?" Regan raised an eyebrow, "What is that?"

"They are districts of prisons for criminals and other hazardous wizards. They are strictly hidden and guarded."

"And what is the underworld? I mean, is it another realm or planet?" Regan asked again, not grasping the concept of an underworld.

"No, it's not another realm or a planet. It's another dimension. It's like another layer of existence and it's hidden. It's a dark, cold, and twisted place. Magic is corrupted there." Seraphina explained.

"Is it like under the ground?" Regan asked, pointed the ground.

"Similar, but it's not under there. It's not a physical place you can reach by space travel. It's like something floating outside of reality."

"And how can I go there?"

"You can't just go there, Regan. It's not a walk to the park. The underworlds are accessed by portals. Portals are opened by ancient spells. And those spells are known by the realms leaders. And even if you enter, it is guarded by titans and other animals."

"But you know how to open the portals, right? I mean, you're wise and powerful. You can do it, right?" Regan pleaded, hope filling her voice.

Seraphina sighed. "Yes, I can. I can open the portal and take you there. But you must be prepared for what you're about to see and face. And even if you find Agnes there, she won't tell you anything without something in exchange. I'm pretty sure she'd want you to free her. And if this ever happens, it could jeopardize the whole galaxy. You must be very careful with what you do."

"I understand," Regan nodded, "I won't ever do that. But I really need to go there. I have to find my mother and I can't do that without Agnes' help. I promise I'll be careful and I won't do anything that would harm anyone." She looked Seraphina in the eyes, determination burning in her eyes. Agnes was the only one she could ask. She was sure that Sirius also knew something but she knew he was a liar and was going to twist everything.

Seraphina stared at the girl for a long moment, weighing her words and determination before finally nodding.

"Alright. Follow me then."

Seraphina stood up and Regan followed her as she walked deeper into the forest. The trees grew thicker and darker, the air colder and heavier. The further they went, the more Regan felt like they were walking into a nightmare.

Finally, they reached a clearing in the center of the forest. In the middle, there was a big circle made if ancient symbols. Around the circle, there were high rectangular pillars, covered in more symbols. The air around them crackled with magic.

Regan approached the pillars and run her hands through them. They were cold and rough. She couldn't understand the symbols and the words carved into them. They were tall and intimidating as if they were guarding the portal to the underworld. She turned to Seraphina, who stood beside her. The older woman's expression was solemn, as if she was preparing for something big.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Regan?" Seraphina asked, her voice heavy with concern. "The underworlds are dangerous and forbidden places. There are all sorts of creatures and as soon as you teleport there, you're going to be on your own. Because, the portal is only entered by one in a row, and I can't go with you."

"I understand." Regan nodded, taking a deep breath, "But I have to find my mother. I have no identity or no idea where to go. Agnes is the only one who can help me. I'll be careful, I promise."

Seraphina nodded, "Alright. Just know that you're going to be questioned of why you're entering the underworlds, and if you lie, they'll send you back immediately. But if you tell the truth, they might allow you to enter. Now, stand close to me and don't look away."

She walked over to the circle, and raised her hands above her head, starting to chant in a language Regan had never heard before. The symbols on the pillars began to glow brightly in gold and the air around them shimmered. Regan felt a strange tingling sensation all over her body as the energy gathered. Finally, a swirling mass of gold light, formed in the center of the circle.

"Here's the portal, Regan," Seraphina whispered, her eyes fixed on the swirling mass of light. "Steady yourself and don't look away. You'll be entering the underworlds soon."

With a deep breath, Regan nodded, her heart racing. She took a step forward, feeling the warmth emanating from the portal as she drew closer. As she raised her hand, ready to step through the swirling mass of light, she glanced back at Seraphina, silently thanking the older woman for helping her.

"Wait, wear that," Seraphina said, giving Regan a purple cloak to wear. Regan wore it, thanking her again.

"Good luck, Regan," she added, her voice barely audible over the crackling energy surrounding them. "Be careful."

With a final burst of determination, Regan thrust her hand forward, feeling the sensation of falling as she was pulled into the portal. The world around her shifted and warped and then, the portal spat her out onto a cold, barren shore.

She looked around, her heart sinking as she realized she was indeed in the underworld. The sky above was a murky red, casting an eerie glow over the landscape. The ground was made of ash and the air was thick with the stench of sulfur and other gas. In the distance, she could see towering mountain peaks, their slopes covered in snow that seemed to glow an unearthly blue.

Regan shivered, pulling her cloak tighter around her. This place looked like a frozen wasteland than a place of torment.

"You've entered the underworlds. State your business or leave, stranger." A cold and hard voice called out from behind her, making her flinch.

Regan turned around, her heart hammering in her chest. Standing before her was a big creature she had never seen before. It was humanoid in shape, but its skin was gray and scaly, and its eyes glowed with an unnatural yellow light. It wore a tattered cloak that billowed around it, revealing long claws that protruded from its fingers.

"My... my name is Regan. I'm here to find Agnes. She's... she's my relative." Regan breathed. She couldn't believe she had really entered the underworlds. Everything seemed terrifying. She had no idea what she was really doing.

The creature before her cocked its head to the side, studying her carefully. "Agnes, you say? And what relation would that be?" Its voice was cold and unyielding, like the sharp air.

Taking a deep breath, Regan forced herself to answer. "She's my aunt. I know she has done terrible things but I'll just see her for a little while and then I'll go back. I just need to know how she's been doing."

The creature seemed to consider her words for a moment before speaking again. "Very well, child. Follow me."

And so, Regan followed the creature through the desolate landscape of the underworld. The air was dense with mist and she couldn't see much well. The paths twisted and turned, the trees were dead and there was no sign of water. She managed to see some soldiers marching here and there, their expressions hard as stone.

The wind howled and blew icily cold, making Regan shiver in cold.

She found herself in front of a tall, large fortress, the walls of which were made of grey stone. There were some square windows here and there and the fences were so tall that Regan could barely see over them. The creature led her through a series of dark, winding corridors, the only light coming from torches mounted on the walls. The air was heavy and Regan could hear the distant sound of the clash of metal.

Finally, they came across the dungeons.

The creature left her there for a moment and then some guards appeared, cloaked as well. They led her through a series of dimly lit cells, each one more miserable than the last. Some were barely large enough to contain a single person, while others were filled with the groans and cries of the damned. Some held frozen creatures, while some others seemed to be filled with nothing but ice.

She tried her best not to look at the suffering around her, focusing instead on the task at hand.

Finally, they arrived at a cellar near the back of the dungeon. It was the same size as the others and there was a faint light coming from within. One of the guards unlocked the cellar by a key card and opened the door. Inside, Regan saw a woman with long brown hair, dressed in torn clothes, sitting on the cold and hard floor. Her back was against the wall, and her eyes were closed. She looked frail, her skin was bronze and her breath shallow.

"Hey, witch, you have a visitor." The guard called, his voice echoing through the dungeon. Then, he walked out and slammed the hard metal iron door shut, the sound ringing Regan's ears.

The woman opened her eyes slowly, her gaze darting around before finally settling on Regan. Her face turned into a scowl when she saw her.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice shaky and cold. "How did you find me?" Her face was wrinkled but she didn't seem to be in bad shape.

"I'm.... I'm.... I'm Regan, the princess of Avalon." Regan answered, feeling slightly scared. Her body started to tremble.

"What?" Agnes cracked, surprise registering on her face for a moment before she regained composure. "That's not funny. You're not the princess of anything. Now, who sent you here? Who do you work for?" Her voice was cold and hard, her eyes narrowed.

"I'm really that princess. You and Sirius fought against Avalon's kingdom. But I don't want to hurt you now. I just want to know what happened to my mother." Regan said, now her voice more steady.

Agnes let out a wry smile, "You're lying. That princess is dead. She had always been. Everyone from that family is dead. You must be someone else. You're here to kill me." She tried to sound convincing, but there was a hint of doubt in her hard voice.

"No, I'm really that princess. I survived. My memory was taken away, but I found it again. I know who you are. You've raised Sirius, haven't you?" Regan said, putting hands around her arms, feeling the coldness sweep through her clothes.

Agnes looked at Regan for a long moment, her eyes flickering with something that might have been doubt or disdain. Finally, she sighed and leaned back against the wall, her shoulders slumping. "Yes, I did," she said. "I found him as a little child. I raised him with all I had and then you know what happened?" The woman paused for a moment.

"He threw me into the prison and left me root down here like a rat. And for himself? He became a king. A cruel and wicked king."

Regan couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for Agnes even though she wasn't any better than Sirius. But then, she reminded herself that Agnes was responsible as well, probably even more than him.

"He didn't do anything to help me. I teached him the science and I teached him the magic. I mentored him through power and success and what did I get in return? Sentenced to prison left to rot."
Agnes continued, her voice growing louder with anger.

"And Sirius didn't care. He didn't even try to help me. He just let me rot down here. I've been waiting for someone to come for me, to free me. But now that I've seen you, I don't know what to think."

Regan took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. "I just want you to tell me what happened to my parents. I don't want to hurt you. I just need to know."

Agnes let out a dry chuckle, "And you expect me to tell this without anything in exchange?"

"I don't have anything to offer you," Regan said, shaking her head. "At least tell me if they are alive."

Agnes looked at Regan for a long moment before she sighed. "They're dead. Sirius killed them to take the throne." Her reply was short and sharp, piercing Regan's heart like a knife.

"Don't lie," Regan warned, "they're not dead."

"They are dead." Agnes insisted. "I don't know how you survived, but your parents are gone. And Sirius is still the king. You're powerless and he'll kill you too."

"He's not the king of Avalon," the girl snapped. "Listen, I don't want to hurt you. Just tell me where they are. I know they're alive."

Agnes gave Regan a long, assessing look before she spoke again. "If you're really the princess, then you must have some power. I've been down here for too long, and I'm not as strong as I used to be. If you can get me out of here, I'll tell you what you want to know."

Regan hesitated. She knew that Seraphina had warned her it'd be very bad if Agnes would be released. And it would stir up just more trouble. Regan didn't want that. But she also wanted to know where her parents were.

"I can't promise you that." She said, her gaze to the ground, "I can't free you."

"Then get the hell out. I won't tell you anything, Princess or not," Agnes spat, her face flushed with anger.

"Well, you know? You can end up much worse than you are." Regan threatened, her palms glowing orange. She didn't want it to be that way but she didn't see another option.

"You wouldn't dare!" Agnes hissed, her eyes widening in fear.

"Oh, but I would." Regan said calmly. "Now, tell me what I want to know. Where are my parents?"

"I won't tell you." Agnes retorted.

"Where is my mother?"

"What?" Agnes asked, surprised by the question.

"Where is my mother?" Regan repeated, her voice growing louder and more demanding. "Tell me where she is, or I swear I will make you suffer. I'll make you wish you had never been born."

"I don't know!" Agnes exclaimed, "I don't! Sirius does. He is the one who took her from you. He hid her away somewhere, far from here." Her eyes were wide with fear as she spoke, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Please, I'm not involved."

"Who do you think you're lying? You had accepted you were responsible for it," Regan growled. "Now tell me the truth, or I swear I will make you regret the day you were born." Her eyes were cold and hard as ice as she stared at Agnes.

The woman trembled under Regan's gaze. "Sirius," she whispered. "He has her. He's been keeping her locked up somewhere. I don't know where." Tears streamed down her face as she spoke. "Please, please don't hurt me. I didn't want any of this. I'm sorry."

Regan's patience was wearing thin. She shot a flame on her palm and extended it toward Agnes, who cowered in fear. "Tell me where she is, or this will be the last thing you feel." The flame danced in the air, inches from Agnes' face.

Agnes shook her head, her hair flying around her face. "I-I don't know!" she sobbed. "I swear, I don't know!"

As Regan's patience ran over, she yelled through gritted teeth, "Where. Is. My. Mother!" She struck the flames on the wall, barely missing Agnes. The flames licked the stones, burning them black.

"Alright, alright," Agnes finally choked out. "I'll tell you. But you have to promise me you won't hurt me anymore. Please." Regan hesitated to strike again, and Agnes took advantage of the moment.

"You want to find your mother, don't you? Then you'll listen to me. Sirius has been keeping her in a hidden chamber beneath the eastern wing of his castle. He guards her day and night, but he thinks he's safe. You can sneak in, find her, and get out before he knows what's happening."

Regan chuckled dryly, "And you expect me to believe this, you sly witch? I've stayed in that damn castle for so long and I know that she isn't there!" The flames were still glowing in her hand and with her free one, she searched down her pocket, revealing her last two amethyst coins.

"If you tell the truth, I'll give you those. If you continue lying I'll burn you alive. Now, tell me the truth. Where is my mother?" Regan said, holding out the amethyst coins.

Agnes swallowed in fear, her eyes wide, "Alright....alright. She i-is banished i-in the u-underworlds o-of Oblivion. But the portals are closed."

"What do you mean the portals are closed?!" Regan yelled.

"Hey, quiet." The guard called out from the other room, his voice distant. "You gonna be much longer?"

"Almost done," Regan called back. She turned back to Agnes, who was cowering in fear. "How do I get to the underworlds of Oblivion if the portals are closed?"

"There's a sword, an ancient sword," Agnes said through her shaky breaths.

"What sword?" Regan asked, leaning in closer.

"The sword of Oblivion and Darkness," Agnes whispered. "It's hidden deep within the ruins of the temple in the Forbidden Forest. It's guarded by a powerful spirit that will only give up the sword if you can prove your worth."

Regan's eyes narrowed. "And what do I have to do to prove my worth?"

"You must answer a riddle," Agnes said, her voice barely audible. "But I don't know the riddle."

"Fine," Regan growled. "Where is the forbidden forest?"

"Ask the guards." Agnes blankly replied. "They should know." She wiped the tears away from her face and tried to compose herself.

"And what if you're lying about all this? What if you're selling me lies?" Regan demanded.

Agnes looked up at her with pleading eyes. "You have my word. I swear on my life that I'm telling the truth. Please, you have to believe me." She let out a shaky breath.

"Fine." Regan said and threw her the coins that she hastily caught. She turned back and banged on the door. The guard in the cloak opened the door and slammed it shut after Regan stepped out.

"Do you know where the forbidden forest is?" Regan suddenly asked, hoping that the guard would answer.

The guard nodded, "Yes, it's a forest in a realm called the Shadowlands."

"Where's this realm?" She asked again.

"I don't know where." The guard retorted, his voice stern, "But I know there are portals they travel through." He added. This was the last thing he said because he didn't speak anymore. He led her out of the fortress and the dense air hit Regan again. She felt as if she was suffocating.

Finally she saw the same creature from earlier its face hidden.

"What do you want?" It hissed.

"I'm leaving now." Regan said, "I'll ask something, do you know where the Shadowslands are?"

The creature growled, "That's none of your business, witch. Now, leave where you came from." It pointed to the portal that Regan used before to come there.

"But I need to find the Shadowlands," Regan insisted.

"Then find it yourself," the creature snarled. "Or ask other witches."

Frustrated, Regan turned back to the portal. She had no choice but to find it herself. She had to find the Shadowlands and rescue her mother from the underworlds of Oblivion. With a deep breath, she stepped through the portal, back into Silvertide.

The air was cool and crisp. It was night and she found herself in a familiar opening in the forest. The weird thing was that there was no big circle or rectangular pillars. She shivered, feeling chills running down her spine. Where was she going now?

She gripped the pendant tightly and tried to use it for a way out. Her vision changed and she saw a golden highlight of a certain way in the dark woods.

Then, she prayed to God, hoping that she was on the right track and that Agnes hadn't lied to her.

She followed the golden glow, winding deeper into the forest. The trees grew taller and thicker, their branches forming a canopy that blocked out most of the moonlight.

Following that way, she found herself back in the city. The streets were empty, the buildings silent and dark. She walked slowly, her steps echoing through the silent streets.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.4M 36.6K 32
There wasn't much need for people to ask since they already knew . She belonged to him , forever as they stated . Shall it be true ? I can't say. He...
2.3M 66.6K 75
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐍, it's cute," I compliment draping my arms around his neck. "You think so?" He asks. "Yes, yes I...
18.3M 435K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
9.4K 210 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...