Remnant's System

By IOnlyDrinkJesusMilk

[RWBY x Solo Leveling] Male Reader's POV as a solo leveler in the world of Remnant. After having a near death... More

Prologue
An Awakening
The Dungeon Clearer
A Weird Date
I've Grown, Haven't I?
A Bully | A Mistake
A Fateful Stroll
Job Change
Penalty Quest | Preparation
The Shadow Ruler
A Surprise Visitor
The Assassins' Duel
The Grimm Tamer
The Angered Monarch
Interrogation (x2?)
Angry Goldilocks | Teasing Sister
This Isn't Some Story
Practice Match
The Vytal Festival Begins
The Festival's Festivities
Well, Hello
The Finals First?
Dance Partners
Hidden Quest Brings Truth
Where I Stand
Vytal Gala
Go Out With a Yang
The Puzzle's Pieces
Confrontation
What's to Come?
Finally Time For a Break?
Reflection
Reunited Before the Storm
Good Morning
My Nightmare
Sleep
Our Dates' Patterns

End Times

300 4 1
By IOnlyDrinkJesusMilk

"NO!!!"

Cici suddenly screams, and I can't help but flinch at the sound.

"What?!"

"... We need to get to Vale... Right now!!"

Cici picks me up, and dashes at a speed I wasn't sure was possible.

"H-How are you going this fast?! This is even faster than you were before!!"

I yell at my friend as she carries me due to the immense amount of air whooshing past us.

"My Powers were unlocked!"

The explanation is too vague and weird, so I have no idea what that means.

"What?!"

"... I have enough time to tell you this!"

"The gods that created this world have made several others, both before and after us!"

"G-Gods?!"

"Yes! Creation and Destruction!"

I attempt to swallow the large pill that is the existence of Gods.

"When the four relics are gathered together, the gods are summoned to Remnant, either to, seemingly, end it or forgive it!"

"How do you know this?!"

"The powers I received! The same power source (Y/N) has been borrowing from all these years!"

"What's the source?!"

"... Vengeful Monarchs who were abandoned by the gods!"

"... How?!"

"They managed to find out the gods had settled on Remnant, and sent their powers here in the hopes of controlling a vessel, or at least passing their powers on to a human!"

"So... You saw the same videogame stuff as (Y/N)?!"

"Yes! I didn't get to spend much time with it, but I have full access to the powers, now! Unfortunately, my memories are kind of fusing with the previous Monarch... Probably because of how soon after receiving these powers they were unlocked!"

"Are... You okay?!"

"I'll be fine! Right now we have many more colossal problems to worry about."

The second Cici stops moving at her immensely fast pace, she stands me on the ground and launches in the direction of something.

I quickly rub my dry eyes so they can wet, and hopefully adjust.

The sight is something I can barely comprehend.

"HRAH!!!!"

She focuses an immense amount of ice into a giant sword and slashes at a large, dark purple hand.

The hand seems unwounded, and is merely knocked back a little.

"Stalling for time?" The entity asks, its voice reverberating miles from its giant mouth.

"Oh my god..."

"Oh my gods, you mean..."

Suddenly, to my left, I hear a familiar voice.

"... Yang?"

I see one of (Y/N)'s shadow soldiers, but the resemblance is too strong to be a coincidence.

"Now's not the time for a reunion, sis... Go help Cici."

"... How am I supposed to help?"

"Deflect any fatal blows... Figure out who else is fighting against the gods... Stall until (Y/N) gets here."

"... Okay..."

I open Crescent Rose, and take a deep breath in and out.

"Don't make us wait too long, (Y/N)..."

Who knows if he has a way to get here, or even where he is.

But...

If I know him the way I think I do, he'll stop at nothing to save me and Cici.

...

.........

"GRAH!!!"

I stab directly into the eye of the beast, gasping heavily as I immediately jump away from the now felled dragon.

"God... They're... Way worse... Than Grimm..."

I complain between breaths, the spot I was just in being bombarded with deadly flames.

I can't help but cling to any oxygen in the air around me as I force myself to take the horde of giant dragons down one at a time.

"Don't slow down... Don't give an opening... Just like the past couple years... C'mon!!"

I slay the next dragon, and I feel immense satisfaction as I level up.

"Arise."

Suddenly this fight is gonna be way more doable.

"Bring it the fuck on."

...

.........

"Cici!"

I slash at an attack from a large Grimm.

The large, purple god's existence alone seems to create horrific Grimm, and I'm kept entirely distracted just preventing the monsters from attacking the one girl that can, even just a little bit, deflect godly movements.

"I will not play along with this."

The god disappointedly reaches at us. Cici panics, as the movement is too forceful for even her to prevent.

However...

"I see you've forgotten the woman you cursed."

The voice of a being older than any other human on this planet is all I can hear as the hand of the entity before us is cut off.

"It would seem your prior creations had a similar goal to myself." Salem says, smiling calmly.

"Who is that...?" Is all I can mutter.

"Salem."

I quickly slash at the person beside me, but she blocks it. The familiar-looking mantis claw makes me unconsciously back away.

"I'm not your enemy right now, Ruby."

Emerald explains, matter-of-factly.

"I, too, am a vessel for the vengeful Monarchs. We have a duty to end the existence of these so called gods. Grudges can, will, and have to wait."

She clearly has a better understanding than I, and I can't help but sigh a bit. "Okay, well help Cici out, then..."

Emerald shrugs, but jumps to Cici's side.

Despite how enraged she got at the sight of even a fake Emerald before, Cici keeps a straight face and accepts the assistance as they do their best to restrict the movement of the God.

"Brother."

The god of destruction calls out, and a second humanoid creature, of a bright cream color, appears at its side.

"So our creations have colluded."

"It would seem."

"It was a mistake to let either stand."

"I am inclined to agree."

They both hold a hand out, energy forming at their palms.

"DON'T IGNORE ME!!!"

Salem screams as she manages to, again, somehow slice off the hand of a god. This time it's the god of creation.

She had not enough strength to take both hands out at once, but the appearance of Cinder, combined with Cici and Emerald, results in the god of destruction's fingers being sliced away, and its palm deflected, stopping the energy formation.

Salem is left gasping heavily as a result of using such immensely powerful blows.

And yet she only took out two hands with that power...

The gods stare, with faceless heads, at our futile attempts to save our planet.

"They wish to prolong their ending."

"I care not. Our victory is the only outcome."

I feel useless... My lack of monarch powers means my base-level human power is useful only against the mild threat of Grimm... But if I can understand what's happening in front of me, I can explain quickly to (Y/N) once he gets here... I hope he makes it in time...

"WE AREN'T DONE, YET!!!" I scream, my eyes shining a bright light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 687 16
The White knight of Ice and the Red knight of flame, are known to be Immortal beings and the strongest huntsmen on Remnant, said to be even stronger...
12.1K 161 20
As a young man you were blessed with the power of an ancient god. Now you must battle to bring hope back to this new world. What challenges will you...
1.4K 20 15
(DISCONTINUED) "Don't claim that you know me, 'cause you know very well that I have seen through it all." ???:"Those words still echo in my mind. Gra...
47K 709 65
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who has a 2 semblances. One of them is Immortality, which he unlocked at the age of 18. Since that day, he has never aged...