Flames Of Redemption

By izabelgamer1234

"You're such a bastard!" she yelled, her voice trembling with anger. "I am a bastard," he agreed, leaning eve... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
84 (II)
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103

61

7 2 0
By izabelgamer1234

As the night passed, Regan stood awake most of the time. Quite a few times, she fell into such a light slumber that she didn't even feel.

The storm raged for some other hours and then, it seemed to calm down. Sometimes, Regan stayed outside, gazing at the storm. She knew she was going to have black circles and be tired in the morning from not sleeping, but a rush of adrenaline and excitement kept her awake.

She thought about her parents and Artemis. She didn't really care about what Artemis had said about Sirius's deal. It was the least thing she was going to follow. As soon as they would leave, she'd start the proper search for her parents and deal with Sirius as well.

Artemis and Cora were reluctant to sleep but they both ended in a deep slumber the whole night. Artemis slept in the old dusty bed, and Cora, on the other side.

As dawn approached, the remnants of the storm finally subsided, leaving behind a damp and refreshed forest. Regan, tired but determined, woke Artemis and Cora for their next leg of the journey.

"Wake up, we need to go. It's the right time." Regan said, her voice filled with determination.

She had kept the fire going and she was all dry. Straightening her grey shirt, she grabbed the cloak and wore it.

Artemis soon got up from the bed, frowning at her surroundings. She groaned in annoyance, not believing in herself that she had slept there, "Regan, I'm sorry....I said we'd take turns but I...." Artemis said, an expression of guilt over her, "What about you Cora? Did you sleep the whole night as well?" She turned to the servant girl with an accusing stare.

Cora's express took a guarded one as she quickly rushed to defend, "S-sorry, my lady. Lady Regan said she could guard better herself."

"Never mind. It's not a big deal," Regan said carelessly. "Now let's go and not waste time. Take that Artemis," she said as she gave the dagger to her, "I should have given that to you back then, but I forgot."

Artemis took Regan's dagger and hid it beneath her robe. Then, she picked up the hair clips that she had removed, and placed them on her hair again.

Cora wore her apron and cloak as well. Then, they all stepped out of the cabin, being sure that there was nothing left.

Regan turned back once more and put out the fire. She was reluctant to do first, but then thought that a fire in a hut and a hut with a lightened fire in a forest, could be dangerous.

She left and followed Artemis's lead. If she were to be honest, Artemis probably had no idea of the ways but Regan didn't have any better ways, so she kept quiet.

The forest had a slight difference. The tree leaves had turned into a blue color and the grass was sort of green and purple. As they kept walking, they came across a river and a bridge.

The river was flowing eagerly, it's sounds and waves palpable. It's color was aqua blue and the bridge was flat and just above the river.

"We're on the right path." Artemis said.

Regan and Cora nodded and followed Artemis. The bridge's floor cracked as they stepped. It was rusty and made from old wood, so it was normal.

They continued to go further and further. The tall trees seemed to go to a shorter length and soon, the ground was turning into some sort of pavement.

"Here." Artemis said as she stopped in her steps, "Let's cover our heads as much as possible and put the masks on. We must not attract any attention."

Cora did as she was told while Regan was confused, "Do I have a mask?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Your hood has it inside." She replied.

Regan checked her hood and nearly got her neck out of place, from trying to find the mask. The mask was tied to the hood so it was easier to use it. It was black and thick, but still breathable material. It covered Regan's face and let out only her eyes. The hood on its own, covered her hair, so only her eyes were seen.

Both Artemis and Cora were covered in the same way and they continued on their walk.

"I've always thought," Regan said as she annoyingly was holding the mask out of her face to breathe properly, "you're more distinctive when you try to look like some mafia, than why you try to look common."

"What's a mafia?" Artemis asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, that's just.... let's say, Sirius is like a mafia. Or mafias are like Sirius."

Artemis and Cora exchanged puzzled glances, clearly not grasping the concept of a mafia. Regan sighed, removing the mask from her face momentarily.

"It's like.... someone or a group of living beings who are involved in organized crime, like illegal activities and such," she explained, feeling a bit awkward trying to convey the idea.

Artemis raised an eyebrow, "Organized crime? I don't see the reference."

Regan smacked her forehead with her hand, "Never mind. Forget about it."

Artemis shrugged and continued walking.

Soon, they came face to face with a huge chain link fence of a barrier. It was tall and reached to the tallest trees.

On the other side, there were still trees, just less dense. Regan could also see some other shapes that she thought to be buildings.

"So, behind this gate, it's the so-called town?" she asked, confused.

"Yes," Artemis quickly replied.

"And how are we going to pass?" Regan asked again, "We're gonna climb up there?"

"No, it's an opening somewhere....," Artemis trailed off as she walked near the fence, "Yes, here," she pointed down at a small door made of the same chain link.

"I thought you loathed dirt," Regan said, a hint of amusement in her voice, since the entrance was so small that they would have to crawl through it. Artemis glared at her before turning her attention back to the door. She reached for the handle and tried to open it, but it was locked.

"Of course it's going to be locked," Regan rolled her eyes, "What's the point of a huge fence if a small entrance is left opened? Oh, wow!" Regan said abruptly, "This is very easy. Oh my God!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Artemis raised an eyebrow, taken aback.

Regan didn't answer but approached the fence. Then, she put her hands on the fence and held the bars for some seconds. As in response, the bars melted away, creating the appropriate opening. The melted metal dripped to the ground, making a mess.

"Whoa," Artemis and Cora both exclaimed in surprise, "How did that work? Oh, I forgot that Sirius has banished everyone with fire powers, so he didn't have to worry about that. Otherwise, beasts would roam everywhere." Artemis said, speaking more to herself than to Regan.

"I guess I'm a beast now." Regan retorted, faking a pout in her lips.

"No, I didn't mean it for you. I meant–"

"No, it's not a problem. I'm not human, not that humans aren't beasts. But I don't know my kind. I'm merely alien. I have scars and I have fire. So, I'm...."

"What is a human?" Artemis curiously interrupted.

"Just, a being. We are beings, too. We all are the creation of God." Regan answered her gaze distant and thoughtful.

"What is God?" Artemis asked.

"He is the one who made us all. He is everything. He is the reason why we exist. We are all his creation. He's magnificent." The red haired replied, her confident voice filled with emotion.

"Oh, I know that," Artemis said, coming in realization as well, her gaze turned distant.

"I'm very glad you do. Let's try to move past that fence." The red haired said as she leaned down. The entrance was just as their size and the three passed it with no problem.

A strong wind pushed past them and it quickly removed Regan's hood and mask from her face. She quickly put the hood again although she was struggling with the mask. She felt her face sweat from the hotness, and was grateful for the wind.

Soon, peculiar buildings came in the view. The streets were empty and the pavements were old. The buildings had weird shapes like triangles and circles. Some seemed normal like rectangles or just like normal houses, but the ones with metal doors, aqua colors, and weird circle windows, attracted most of Regan's attention.

"Regan, put on the mask." Artemis said through a low voice.

Regan did as she was told, although she couldn't believe her own sigh. The trees that towered the houses or the buildings, had blue and slightly purple leaves. The grass was of the same color. Just like in the forest. The only difference was that more houses were coming into view and Regan couldn't help but think if it had any locals.

"Do anyone lives here?" She asked, curiosity getting the best of her.

Before Artemis could answer, Regan's eyes snapped to another direction and there she spotted, something....or someone. It was a humanoid figure, with a sort of normal height. Instead of arms, it had tentacles and weird shaped legs. The creature was normally dressed and was minding his own business. Regan could assume it was a 'he', since it didn't look like a female.

She had seen enough of alien females,
already, but maybe they were endless breeds around. It was scary and chilly, nevertheless. She snapped a look at Artemis and Cora, who weren't really paying attention, but seeing just the road only.

As they walked, Regan held the mask securely. She was skeptical and frightened by the town. More weird and abnormal faces came in the view. Some had more than two eyes, some had just one in the middle. Some resembled these famous mythological creatures, some seemed to have more human-like appearance.

She couldn't believe her eyes. She tried to lower the hood as low as possible and somehow, she could feel the others gaze. Although she was all covered and distant, that made difference.

Artemis and her maid didn't seem to mind as they were talking about something that Regan couldn't get.

At the locals she was looking, she also saw beings that she supposed were female. Their faces were weird with eyes like of cats and long hair. Their body structure sometimes differed from humans, sometimes didn't.

And then, their clothes. Some wore modern and showy outfits, revealing their bronze colored and pale skin, while some dressed like in medieval times with dresses and long robes. It was like there was no time at all, no history, no culture, no current. Everyone seemed to be how they wanted to be and they even seemed to get along with each other.

"Regan, don't act like you haven't seen creatures before," Artemis remarked, "you're going to attract attention if you keep staring like that."

"This is insane. This is....I don't know what this is. That's nothing like Earth. For better or worse, I don't know." Regan nonchalantly replied.

"We need to buy something to eat. The ride is long." Her sister said after a while.

"Ride?" Regan asked but didn't get an answer.

As they walked, the roads were filled with the foreign locals. Regan found it hard and frightening, but she didn't have a choice. She cluelessly followed Artemis.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 8.1K 33
โ™” She is cruel, ruthless, and arrogant. She is stunning, cunning, and deadly. She insists that we are not equal in this arranged marriage. She is the...
9.1K 210 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
1.1M 22.2K 60
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ DARK ROMANCE "Fuck. You." I watched as the brown in his eyes darkened and he clenched his jaw. He...
447K 11.8K 24
"stop! you can't touch me in this way. It's inappropriate " she spoke out as his hand slip inside her shorts. "why baby girl? aren't you the same gir...