cigarettes and alcohol - blur...

De monverr

*ೃ༄.ೃ࿐ "But somewhere here in between the city walls of dying dreams, I think her death it must be killing... Mai multe

✩ introduction
✩ mick Jagger
✩ she is proper
✩ pretty (talented) bassist
✩ blur
✩ glastonbury
✩ nerves
✩ blurjob
✩ oasis-mania
NOEL QUITS!
✩ honky-tonk, hunky-town
✩ talk tonight
B.I.B
LOOK WHO'S BACK? BACK AGAIN?
✩ lovers quarrel
TWENTY SEVENTEEN
✩ BRIT
✩ two sugars
✩ vocals
ROMANCE IN THE TABLOIDS
SOME MIGHT SAY, WHAT?
✩ ousted
✩ in over my head
✩ a phone call away
✩ melancholy hill
✩ ring-ing fatal affair
BRITPOP BOMBARDMENT!
✩ boys (like they're girls)
✩ if i had a gun
✩ (what's the story) morning glory?
FATAL HIGH
✩ back to the old house
✩ old star-crossed lovers
✩ jealousy, jealousy
✩ moonlight of my life, where are you?
✩ boulevard of broken dreams
'96 SPLIT!
✩ who, who, who
WIND OF CHANGE
✩ let's talk about fathers
✩ dèjá vu invasion
✩ new additions, old additions
TENDER, OH TENDER!
✩ song for someone
✩ with or without you
✩ don't go away
PRIDE AND REGRETS!
✩ London in ecstasy
NOT ALL'S WELL WILL END WELL
✩ i spy with my little eye ..
FADE INTO '02!
✩ oh my baby, oh why?
✩ stop crying your heart out
✩ look on down from the bridge
THESE ARE THE DAYS!
✩ cuts & bruises
✩ stand by me
✩ when we were young
✩ bug-nation
✩ no distance left to run
✩ (not) married with children
ENDING HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT!
✩ beginning of the end
✩ why you do the things you do
✩ don't you cry tonight
OASIS SPLITS!
✩ knockin' on santuary's door
✩ with some sadness & great relief
OH, YESTERDAY!
✩ summer of '89
✩ here comes Oasis
✩ the vow
✩ thousand rainy days (since we first met)
✩ the adults are talking
✩ to the end (bonus)
new book announcement!
a side book?

SITTING ON M-BOMB

356 18 9
De monverr

July 1995

Liam Gallagher drops marriage bomb on Swedish crowd!

Valia Mick and Liam Gallagher during Sweden show, July 1995

Is Liam Gallagher waiting for the seas to part so nothing can stand in his way?

Rock band Oasis has been going on a tour as an act of devotion towards their promotional campaign for upcoming single.

The Oasis couple, Liam Gallagher and Valia Mick are known for the extensive fooling and public display of affection on the stage –– where the two would occasionally sing together. The frontman would even share unsubtle kisses with his bassist. But things seems to have escalated when the lead singer drops an indication towards marriage.

During their fiery performance, Liam Gallagher takes a swipe out of his booze and exclaims to the crowd; "I'm going to put a ring on her and ain't none of you f**ks can stop me!"

Surprised? Don't worry, so was the band.

At his brother's comment, Noel Gallagher appeared to be entirely confounded, before shaking it off with an awkward laugh. Alan White and Bonehead went pale, but eventually took it as one of Liam's thread of drunken banter. The bassist? Mick dispersed the situation with a direct joke, saying that she can stop him, and Liam Gallagher gladly did not take it to the heart, instead laughing humorously.

The extent of the seriousness in his claim is difficult to interpret, but perhaps one should prepare themselves for a shocking engagement soon enough.

Damon Albarn splits with Elastica girlfriend, Justine Frischmann!

The Britpop pair began dating in 1991, and after four years of their ferociously open relationship, the two abruptly calls it quits.

The Blur frontman and Elastica front-woman was known for their rather foreign rules when it came to their relationship. The two were often photographed with other people, indulging in a series of scandals and snogging.

Though the primary reason for their split was yet to be known, there is an underlying presence of a particularly pretty bassist.

Valia Mick, of Oasis, has been dating fellow bandmate Liam Gallagher —— but even so, the Oasis pair seems to be going through a rough patch themselves. The bassist has shed a limelight on herself ever since Mick began spending most of her leisure time with bands Blur and Zenith, as well as Damon Albarn.

Prior to Oasis and Blur's europe tour, the two has been seen leaving parties together. And the question remains;

Is the split interrelated with Damon Albarn's growing fondness of Mick?

Justine Frischmann, 2009

Justine Frischmann reflects on relationship with Damon Albarn

How did the break up come about?

"It was due. We weren't happy for a very long time. We stayed for so long because we liked the idea of having each other around, but it was never going to work. We had other people in our lives that we valued more."

When Valia Mick and Damon began dating, what was your initial reaction?

"Hurt, but I was happy for them."

"Damon was always very fond of her, everyone knew. It was no surprise when they got together."

Was she the primary reason for the split?

"Absolutely not."

"Like I said, we weren't happy."

"Damon and I were kids, we sabotaged the relationship all on our own. We were away from each other, we slept with other people. It was never going go work, ever."

Did you ever wish things worked out differently?

"I'm happy in my marriage."

"Back then maybe. But I am where I'm supposed to be."

"Same goes for Damon."

But besides all the other problems in your relationship. Did you think that Mick was one of the factors for the break?

"He was in love with her, he wanted to be with her. So yes."

Noel Gallagher, 2020

Noel Gallagher on Sweden, 1995.

Do you remember that night? What Liam said to the crowd?

"It was fifteen years ago, of course not."

"And we were fucking high."

Liam said that he was going to "put a ring" on Valia's finger.

"Oh that fucking little thing. Yeah, I remember that."

Was it a joke, or did he mean it?

"Fuck if I knew. It startled all of us. I remember the rest of us looking at each other, going "what the fuck is he on about?""

But did the topic ever come up between them?

"Yeah, r'kid wanted to propose. I don't think he ever said it openly but it was pretty clear. He talked about wanting to marry her or something."

"Honestly, it was a wild fucking time because we were all so young and their relationship was anything but great for marriage-wise."

"Our mam gave him a family ring, you know, for when he does it and all that."

Which he did.

"Eventually. Yeah."

Valia Mick, 2022

Valia Mick on Liam Gallagher's ring comment in Sweden, 1995

How well do you remember that show?

"I can barely remember much from those years."

"I do remember what he said."

Did you think he was being serious?

"No, it's Liam. He says stuff like that all the time, he never really means it. He can be a sheep at times, Liam."

But Peggy gave him the family ring for you.

"She did."

During the course of your relationship then, did you two ever discussed marriage and starting a family?

"I was 23. I was nowhere to being close about thinking of marriage."

"And I was in no state for starting one too."

"But it was a topic that came up. That's normal, every couple talks about it."

Liam eventually did put good use to the ring.

"I remember, of course."

Liam Gallagher, 2000

Liam Gallagher touches on the topic of Valia Mick.

Have you always had plans to propose to Mick? We remember that night in Sweden. 1995.

"Wanted to be with her from the moment I saw her, didn't I?"

But things were tough?

"That's the rock n' roll way, sure."

Your mother, Peggy, gave you a family ring to propose to Mick with.

"She sure fucking did. A legend, my mam."

Did you propose with it?

"What do ya fucking think?"

"You lot act like ya haven't had your noses in our lives."

You did.

"Congratu-fucking-lations. You just answered ya own question."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

8.5K 306 10
{early 90s gramon au} damon albarn is a tired teenage celebrity just looking for some peace and privacy. upon moving to a small english city where no...
3.9K 174 18
"Lara, where are you going?" Noel's shouting at me, struggling to be heard over the music in the club. "I'm not letting that dick get away with this...
22.7K 481 45
"everybody says i'm sleeping with the enemy". in which englands number one heartthrob begins sneaking around with the frontman of her bands greates...
81.8K 2.3K 60
"Britain's prettiest, why don't you waste a few years by my side?" - Lillian Rose Parker has never been one to make friends with the enemy, but perh...