Metal and Scales...

By KenzieKei

Book 1 of series: You know the story of Grogu and Mando. But what if the bounty included someone else? As the... More

*Cue Mandalorian Theme Song*
Background Info
Trailer
Season 1
The Beast
The Relization
The Sin: Pt 1
The Sin: Pt 2
The Sanctuary: Pt 1
The Sanctuary: Pt 2
The Sanctuary: Pt 3
The Gunslinger: Pt 1
The Gunslinger: Pt 2
The Prisoner
The Family: Pt 1
The Family: Pt 2
The Family: Pt 3
The Family: Pt 4
Season 2
I Dont Know What To Call This
The Marshal
The Target Practice
The Passenger: Pt 1
The Passenger: Pt 2
The Passager: Pt 3
Q&A
The Heiress
The Heiress: Mando's pov
The Siege
The Jedi: Pt 1
The Jedi: Pt 2
The Pendent
The Tragedy
The Truth: Pt 1
The Truth: Pt 2
The Rescue: Pt 1
The Rescue: Pt 2
Book 2

The Jawas

331 6 49
By KenzieKei

Fire, smoke, screams.
"Don't let them escape!"

I jolt up. My breathing heavy and rapid. A shadow looms over me and I look up, squinting. It's the Tin Head who dragged me out here. He tilts his helmet down at me.

I can feel my anxiety rising. That wasn't just a dream but a memory. One I haven't see in a while. I instinctively go to grab the Crystal, but I grasp at nothing but air.

I glance down at my bound hands and sigh. "C-can I have my Crystal Back?"

He shifts his weight on his feet and places a hand on his hip.

"I promise I won't shift! I-it was my mother's, it's the only thing I have left from her." I plead.

He stands there staring at me for a moment, then I hear a modulated sigh come from him. He grabs the Crystal from his belt. "Try anything and I have no problem bringing you in cold." Then tosses it into the sand in front of me.

I hurry and grab it, clutching it close to my chest. I slide it onto my neck and nod. A coo earns my attention. I look to my left and see the Child peeking out of the pod. I smile warmly at him.

I hear Mando huff and the next thing I know we are walking in the heat again.

~🌕~

We have been walking all morning when I hear the sound of metal on metal. Mando rushes forward and crouches down on a sand dune.

I follow and take a peek over. Jawas are stripping a ship, I can only assume it's Mando's ship.

Then one of the Jawas bursts into dust. I gasp and look over at Mando. He has his pulse rifle out and is aiming at another target.

The Jawas scurry over to there moving fortress but not before Mando takes out a few more. As it starts to pull away Mando chases after it.

The next thing I know the cuffs are pulling me and the pod along. I grumble as I try not to get dragged in the sand.

The next time I see the Tin Man, he is falling off of the fortress. I grimace as he lands on the ground, hard.

I slowly walk over. "Oh dear, are you dead?" I tap his helmet. "Mando?"

He suddenly jolts up grabbing my wrist and I fall onto my butt in shock. His helmet turns to me quickly.

"What did you do?!" His voice is harsh and his grip on my wrist is tight.

"I didn't do anything!" I whimper, struggling in his grip.

"My helmet, did you take it off?!" He ask, yanking me closer by the wrist.

"No!" I cry, closing my eyes in fear.

He drops my wrist and I shuffle back. Curling my legs into my chest. I try to hold back the tears but a few escape. I grip the Crystal around my neck tightly.

A sudden feeling of warmth rushes through me. A small and warm hand on my leg. I look down to see the Child standing next to me. He tilts his head up at me. I sniffle and rub one of his ears, smiling slightly in thanks.

"Let's go." Mando's voice interrupts our moment.

I pick the Child up and place him back in the pod. Mando starts walking again and we follow. After a quick stop at the ship we head back out into the desert.

~🌒~

Shortly after the sun has set as arrive at a farm in the middle of nowhere. An Ugnaught works on an electric pole as we walk up.

"I thought you were dead." He speaks.

After he gets down his gaze meets mine. I shuffle closer to the pod.

"This is what was causing all the fuss?"

"I think it's a child." He means the kid, I don't know what he thinks I am.

The Child coos and climes out of the pod. I settle on the sand next to him and watch as he plays with a frog like creature. I don't pay attention to what Mando and the Ugnaught talk about.

Then the Child starts to eat the frog. "Hey! Spit that out!" Mando finally scolds. The Child eats it anyway and I gag.

~🌓~

We travel on a cart in the dark and rain to the Jawas camp. I take this time to sleep, but I don't miss Mando's gaze on me.

By the time the sun rises we reach the camp. The Ugnaught greets them. The Jawas spot Mando and  quickly pull out there weapons.

"They really don't like you, for some reason." The Ugnaught voices.

"Well I did disintegrate a few of them." Mando sighs.

I roll my eyes and lean closer to the Child.

"You need to drop your rifle."

"I'm a mandalorian-" Then I zone out the rest.

I don't need to know his life story. Or why he carries so many weapons. He's nothing but my captor right now.

He steps off the cart and turns back to me. "Stay." He commands, like he had before.

I stick my tongue at him when his back is turned. I watch from the cart as The Ugnaught and Mando talk with the Jawas.

I feel a clawed hand on my leg and I gasp, shuffling farther in the cart. A few Jawas, that were next to the cart, point at me and the Child, speaking there language.

"Get away from them!" Mando yells, causing the Jawas to flee. For once I am glad he is around.

Then Jawas all start shouting the same word over and over. "Suka! Suka! Suka!"

They guide us into there fortress and into the cockpit. I sit on the floor next to Mando. I hate the amount of eyes on me, so I scoot closer to Mando's side. Mando ends up knocking his helmet against the roof, I cover my snicker with my bound hands.

The fortress soon stops and we are guided back out. Mando sighs and leads the pod and me away. We soon come across an opening with a cave on the other side.

"Stay here. Don't try anything." Mando then turns and heads into the cave.

After a few silent moments a loud roar comes from the cave, along with the sounds of a blaster. Then next thing I know, Mando is flying from the cave. He lands in the mud as a large Mudhorn emerges from the cave.

My jaw drops. 'Whose idea was this?'

Mando sits up as the Mudhorn looks over at him. He reaches for his rifle to shoot it, but it's jammed with mud.

The Mudhorn charges at him. It tosses him into the air with its large horn. Then the Mudhorn spots me and the pod. I grip my Crystal and stare it down.

Mando dose something with his V-brace and me and the pod go flying out of the way of the charging Mudhorn.

My eyes lock with Mando's vizor. He looks beaten and exhausted. The Mudhorn goes to charge at him again but a soft light distracts it.

3rd Person Pov:
In the place where Mara once stood is the Creature from before. Her white scales shine in the sunlight. Her piercing purple eyes locked with the Mudhorn. She roars in challenge, lifting her large wings from her body. The Mudhorn roars back.

Both Mara and the Mudhorn circle each other. She stops in front of Mando, blocking him from The Mudhorns view.

In a blink of an eye The Mudhorn charges. Mara jumps slightly out of the way and uses her weight to push The Mudhorn to the side. Allowing it to completely miss herself and Mando.

Mando scoots back allowing the beasts to fight it out. He almost thinks his mind is playing tricks on him. There's no way this young bounty just protected him.

The Mudhorn charges at Mara again but she doesn't get out of the way in time. The horn slams into her side and she goes flying, landing right in front of Mando. She slowly gets up, with her face scrunched in pain. She glances back at Mando, her gaze locked with his visor, before taking a defensive stance in front of him.

The Mudhorn rushes at them. But before it even reaches them it starts to float. Both fighters look over to see the Child sitting in his pod with his hand outstretched towards the Mudhorn.

Not seconds later the Child faints and the Mudhorn falls to the ground. Before it has time to react Mara leaps forward pinning it down on its side. Mando comes up seconds later and finishes the job.

Mara huffs a shaky breath and steps off the Mudhorn. She looks over at Mando, who is already looking at her. She takes a step backward and collapses.

Mando rushes forward as a soft light envelops her. Soon her Draga Form is gone, and the young white haired girl remains. He checks for a pulse and visibly relaxes when he finds one.

He tilts his head at the girl then looks towards the pod where the Child sleeps. "What kind of bounties are you?"

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I hope you have enjoyed this chapter! What other powers do you think Mara has? Why did she save Mando?
Oh btw the video up top is what Mara's Draga Form sounds like. The video is not mine.
Wc:1459
Wc after edit: 1568
Thank you for reading!
K out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 544 43
He's the best bounty hunter in the parsec and she's his most valuable mission yet... After returning Grogu to the Jedi, Din is alone once again. He...
95.3K 4.2K 83
"I'll find you again. I Promise." Celeste always knew she was different, she just didn't know why. But when her parents where killed by the empire...
A Wrench By Janae

Fanfiction

21.5K 777 24
Mando x Reader You are the daughter of a well known bounty hunter, but he needs your help. You hitch a ride with a Mandalorian with a peculiar and me...
622K 20.3K 49
โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ๐Ÿ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐! ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ฉ -- ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ...