Seraph

By 13aroness

She decided to do the world a favor and kept to herself ever since she was turned into a demon. Always alone... More

Texas 1830
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Volterra 1831
15
Volterra 1863
17
18
19
Texas 1935
21
Pennsylvania 1948
Ohio 1950
Pennsylvania 1950
25
Volterra 1950
Pennsylvania 1950
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Not an Update
43
Texas 1951
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
Pennsylvania 1952
Alaska 1962
54
55
56
57
Alaska 1965
Montana 1966
60
61
Texas 1980
63
64
New York 1999
California 1999
Louisiana 1999
Washington 2003
69
70
71
72
Washington 2004
Washington 2005
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
Not an Update
82
83
84
86
87
88
New York 2005
90
Massachusetts 2006
92
93
94
95
96
97
Not an Update
98
99
Texas 2006
Washington 2006
102
103
104

85

1.5K 136 14
By 13aroness

Serafina knew everyone else had their tasks to fulfill. Emmett, Edward, and Carlisle took off in Emmett's Jeep. Esme and Rosalie were in Bella's piece of crap truck. Those two groups led the nomadic pair on separate wild goose chases while Jasper, Bella, and Alice snuck away in Carlisle's Mercedes south to Arizona.

Everyone was busy. Serafina was bored. She felt a presence creep close to the Swan home. As soon as Serafina felt the presence, she only turned in that direction when the presence immediately left. The presence tried two other entry points, barely stepping a toe over Serafina's sphere of territory, and would back off. Whoever it was, they were good. It was as though they could sense the threat that was Serafina.

It didn't take long for Rosalie and Esme to join her. It turned out the redhead was avoiding them. She only trailed them for about an hour before she lost interest. She began scouting the town from what Rosalie could figure out after tracking her. Serafina guessed that the presence testing her limits before was the redhead.

They decided to take shifts to care for Chief Swan while also tracking the nomad. Serafina refused to allow either to stay alone, so she would take her shifts alone and demanded the two remain together at all times. She would prefer to stay with Rosalie. But she wanted to make sure her mother was safe, too. Serafina wasn't usually this demanding; the two deferred to her, knowing she was concerned for their well-being.

The next day, the mother and daughter pair traversed the forest searching for the nomad. While they did that, Serafina played her usual truant self to be picked up by Chief Swan and have a legitimate excuse to stick to his side. At least, that was what she thought. But Chief Swan seemed very upset. He was not openly sobbing or even acting any differently than usual. But he was a little more quiet. He asked Serafina if her brother was okay. But the way he gripped the steering wheel let her know he more than likely hoped he wasn't.

From what she remembered, Bella had used the excuse that she didn't want to be 'trapped' like her mother and spouted other hurtful nonsense to her father. She thought this was what Emmett mentioned before he left. She felt bad for the chief. Even though the girl tried to make herself the bad guy, not Edward, Serafina could see the chief's thinking. If she had never gotten involved with Edward in the first place, this wouldn't have ever happened. To him, it was Edward's fault. She wholeheartedly agreed. She told him that he was heartbroken at home being looked after by the family because of his mood. The chief eased up on his steering wheel after hearing.

He dropped her off at school a lot more quickly than usual. Once inside, she made it through the back door and sped to circle the building. She followed him from a distance out of sight. No one approached the entire time. But once they reached his house, she felt the trace of a presence. She met up with Rosalie and Esme, who confirmed the nomad went to the home when they were out but left as soon as the two noticed and came to investigate. They had even felt her presence around the school. From the timing the two provided, it was after Serafina left. After that, they tracked her to an airport.

Rosalie and Esme stayed at the Swan home while Serafina went out to find trails from the nomad. Edward soon joined her. She asked where the others were, and he told her that Esme and Carlisle were protecting Charlie while Rosalie and Emmett went through town looking for clues about the nomad's whereabouts. Esme insisted that Emmett go with Rosalie since she knew Serafina didn't want her alone.

While the two were searching, Edward received a very upsetting phone call that sent him, Emmett, and Carlisle on a flight to Arizona. Edward informed Serafina of the female nomad's thoughts before he left. He somewhat grasped her personality the day before. She wasn't a risk-taker. So their group would be safe from her. She would keep her distance.

Serafina met her girlfriend and mother back at the Swan house. Her mother was worried for the human. Although the couple didn't care whether the girl lived or died, they couldn't express that to their mother without upsetting her. So they listened to her worrying but ultimately tried to distract her. They told her of their idea of leaving alone after graduation but realized it was a bad idea to bring it up now when she seemed even more upset.

It was a new day, and it brought an update from the others. The girl disappeared. Now, it was a race to find her. Hopefully, it was before the male nomad found her. But according to Alice, it wasn't looking good, and Edward was distraught.

That day, guard duty took forever, and Serafina didn't want to do it anymore. But they persisted. The three women were spread around the home. They were still together, but with a bit of distance to ensure the best coverage of the house and surrounding area. A few hours after their update call with Alice, Serafina received another phone call.

"It was insane!" Emmett said excitedly into the phone, "Edward was pretty scary. He went off on the nomad. Beat the shit out of him until me and Jazz could take over. You should have seen it!"

Rosalie and Esme heard Serafina call them and immediately joined her to hear Emmett over the phone. Serafina sat up to give the two women room on either side of her to listen in.

"What about Bella?" Esme asked with concern from next to Serafina.

"Uhm, it didn't look good. There was a lot of blood. That's kind of why Jazz and I had to take over with the nomad. We couldn't be in that part of the building. It was too much. Even Alice had to come and help us." Emmett admitted.

"Oh no," Esme gasped as she clenched her fist over her heart.

"Is everyone alright? Carlisle?" Rosalie asked.

"He's fine. We're all fine. He's trying to help Bella," Emmett explained, "Oh wait, I guess I should have said it better. I meant everyone, but Bella and Edward are fine."

"What's wrong with Edward?" Serafina asked.

"Bella's hurt," Esme reminded.

"Is that why Edward isn't fine?" Serafina asked with confusion.

"Pretty much. She's not looking good. When I say there was a lot of blood, I mean a lot. Like a lot, a lot," Emmett said lowly. He was silent momentarily, "I think I just heard Carlisle say the nomad bit her." He finally mustered out.

"Oh, thank god, this whole shit show can be over with," Serafina mumbled.

"Serafina!" Esme scolded, "Show compassion. Edward doesn't want this for her. He must be devastated," She said sadly.

"He doesn't want to take her soul. I don't understand why some of you think we don't have souls." Serafina said with annoyance as she shook her head, "Your soul makes you who you are. We didn't lose our souls when we became this way. You are only a soulless monster when you don't act like yourself. From what I heard, Edward's little stint alone when he was on his murder spree was him giving in and becoming a soulless monster. But he stopped and us as we are now, we're not soulless monsters."

Rosalie and Esme smiled softly at her. They also struggled with these thoughts and liked when she debated with Edward about this. Both leaned more toward one way than the other. But now wasn't the time.

"I think he's trying to stop her from turning," Emmett's surprised voice came from the phone.

"Emmett, are you even helping them? Or are you just watching from the sidelines to give us a play-by-play?" Rosalie asked with confusion.

"Of course, I'm helping! I'm going hands-free with my headset. We're just chucking pieces of that son of a bitch into our bonfire. And you're welcome for the play-by-play!" he explained with attitude.

"Why is he trying to stop her from turning? This nightmare would be over if he just let it happen," Serafina whined.

"Wait, how is he trying to stop it? Is he so against her being like us that he'll outright kill her?" Rosalie asked with surprise, "I did not see that coming."

"Huh, either way, I guess we'd be okay," Serafina reasoned.

Esme was very unhappy with her two daughters. She only gave them matching looks of disapproval before she addressed Emmett, "Em, sweetie, how is he trying to stop it?"

"He's sucking the venom out," Emmett said with awe.

The three women were speechless.

"Oh no, wait," Emmett continued, "I don't think he's going to stop."

"No, no, no," Esme whispered sadly, "he'll never forgive himself."

It was silent on the line for a moment.

"He managed to stop! He says the blood tasted clean," Emmett announced happily.

Serafina froze for a moment. She remembered something, "Em. Is he really trying that hard to stop her from turning?"

"Yeah, I'm actually kind of impressed. How could he stop? He called you a freak before, but I think he might be the freak. I thought he said she smelled the most tempting?" Emmett asked, beginning to ramble.

Serafina sighed, "Em, shut up, don't ask questions. Remind Carlisle how I was made, and throw him the lighter!"

Emmett did as told. After a moment, he said excitedly, "That was so cool! He just lit her on fire!"

Rosalie and Esme looked confusedly at Serafina, "A lick turned me. Edward managed to suck the venom out, but how can he get rid of it all? Even his venom is a problem. Venom is highly flammable, and putting flame on the wound would destroy the venom around it. As long as he got the venom in her blood, the flame would destroy the venom around the wound, and she'll stay human." Serafina explained.

The two were impressed. They nodded in understanding.

"Alright, she looks," Emmett hesitated for a moment, "horrible honestly. But Carlisle thinks she'll make it. But we gotta go. I'll talk to you guys later! Love you!" he said quickly before hanging up.

Esme sighed in relief.

"We should go home to celebrate! Maybe shower! Lay in a bed instead of trees!" Serafina began listing all the things she wanted to do.

Rosalie rolled her eyes, "You just want to leave."

"Of course, I want to leave! I've wanted to leave since day one of babysitting," Serafina pouted.

Esme smiled lovingly at her daughter, "The nomad doesn't take risks. She's already avoiding town. We should be fine. Let's go home for a while!"

Serafina smiled happily as she dropped from the tree to the ground and held her arms out for Rosalie to fall, which she did. Serafina put her safely on her feet after spinning her in her arms happily a few times. Their mother dropped right next to the couple with a smile. Once they all were grounded, they returned home. The female couple took a shower together and then lay comfortably in bed—a bed which they had significantly missed those past few days.

But it didn't take long for their mother to get a phone call asking Rosalie to get a flatbed and load Bella's truck to meet Emmett in Seattle, that he would arrive shortly to pick it up to take to Arizona. Serafina immediately frowned. At least they were smart enough not to ask them to drive it down to Arizona themselves. But now Serafina was concerned. Esme wanted to go back to Charlie's home. Serafina asked Rosalie for her bangle, and Rosalie immediately understood. She took it off and gave it to her mother, who gave her a questioning look.

Esme was surprised. No one knew about how Paprika hid inside except for Serafina and Rosalie. It was warm when Esme felt the bangle, which shouldn't have been possible coming from Rosalie's wrist. She looked up at the two with confusion.

"I'll go with Rosalie to deliver the truck, and we'll come straight back. Rika is hiding here," Serafina said, grabbing her mother's wrist for emphasis, "Do not remove this bracelet until we come back," she said strictly.

Esme smiled as she felt warmth, not just from the bracelet. Her heart felt that warmth as well, knowing her daughters were worried for her safety so much that they would let her in on a secret they must have been hiding for decades. Esme always thought Rosalie's jewelry had a little bit more sparkle. She thought it was the quality of Serafina's gems. She had no idea she could hide her flame inside for protection. She hugged both daughters before sending them on their way and making her way to the Swan residence.

Serafina called the lawyers she knew, who called around and found a tow company with a flatbed nearby. The tow company knew someone would go to pick it up and that it would be used for a few days. No other information, but for the money they were being paid, they didn't care. Rosalie picked it up and met Serafina out of town to load the truck for a road trip to Seattle.

Once they left the truck with Emmett, the two women sped back to meet with their mother. Their mother gave the bangle back and embraced them happily when confirming they were fine. The three went home. They hadn't felt the other nomad's presence. Serafina agreed to do a check-up on Chief Swan every couple of hours to appease her mother.

Now, they just had to wait for everyone to come home. They had a close call, but the family was safe. Even the human would be alright after a while in a cast, was what Carlisle had told Esme. Serafina and Rosalie were sure he was downplaying the human's injuries not to worry her. They didn't blame him. After hearing everyone was safe, Esme was ecstatic. She had been concerned for everyone's safety, especially her family, who were miles away fighting the threat. But soon, they would be reunited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 340 29
(I wrote this like a year ago and my grammar was literally beyond the worst and the storyline was horrendously written. Beware.) Luna had just been d...
44.3K 1.2K 30
๐„๐Œ๐๐‘๐˜ ๐‚๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐ฑ ๐Ž๐‚ That's all they ever thought she'd be good for. A good imprint. Quiet... caring... nurturing... she'd never be strong lik...
6.2K 143 16
Book 1 of 2 Timelines: Twilight Ava never knew her life would turn out the way it did now. That she'd turn out the way she did. That was until her wo...
674K 19.1K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...