Accident, Love and Scars

By SharonKamsi

Focus on the Love, not the Accident and Scars. That's what they say but that still doesn't mean that our Sca... More

Copyright©
FLAWS AND SCARS SERIES
AESTHETICS
0. PROLOGUE
1. Cafeteriá
2. Pumpkin
3. Dread
AESTHETICS 2
4. Tears, Messages and More Tears
5. Team Spirit
6. Not Without Scars
7. Mom
8. Dinner, Breakups and Dates
9. Birthdays and Sweet Sixteens
10. Ethereality and Party preparations
11. Party Shenanigans
CAST
CAST II
12. Panicogenic & Self-harming
13. Panicogenic & Self-harming II
14. Scars and Memories
15. Conversations
16. Family over Everything
17. Unapologetic, Wisdom talks and small fights
18. Zero healing process
19. Not the Accident
20. Reconciliation and Rebonding
21. Love Letters, Dreams and Ambitions
22. Phone calls and Dirty slaps
23. Accidents and Scars
24a. Little things I
✨ NOT AN UPDATE ✨
24b. Little things II
24c. Home
25a. Steady steps to Depression
25b. The Celeb
26. Conversations and Food
27. Conversations and Holding hands
28. Beautiful Mystery Girl
29. Na All of us be Ashawo
30. Tears, Ice-cream and Awkward situations
31. Conversations, Kisses and Heartbreak
32. Vile people touch without consent
33. Jealousy and Cringe feelings
34. School stress and everything stress
35. Passionate hugs and burnt rice
36. Only God knows
37. Broken people have scarred hearts.
38. Soso and Heart aches
NEW CHARACTER
39. Amber rose
40a. Birthday parties and suprises
40b. Suprises and more suprises
40C. Conversations, Flirting and Cryptic Texts
41. Secrets
NOT A CHAPTER
43a. Pretzels
43Bi. Party preparations and rooftop dinners
43BII. Wahala
44a. Dear Ex, I'm Tequila
44B. I'll take a bullet for you.
45. Alone and walking
46. Sorrows, Kisses, Christmas (A)
46B. Sorrows, Christmas, Sorrows
47. Lies and Escapism
48. Life Lately I
48. Life Lately II

42. Movies and Discussions

29 9 0
By SharonKamsi

------------------------
If there's something you want to do, just do it. Don't let your head stop your heart from moving.
------------------------

I've written this chapter since September but I don't know why I forgot to update, maybe because I didn't feel satisfied with the chapter.

And you people, School want to kill me. If you see any depressed looking girl coming back late from school or crying on the road, it might be me. So far it's in Abuja, it's definitely me😭. Just squeeze Ten thousand dollars in my hands. Thank you.

The song for this Chapter is ‘Live More and Love More’  By Cat burns.

MIRANDA'S POV

When I was little, I loved watching Barbie. I grew up to be Jealous of Barbie because I felt like she was too perfect and we all struggled to be like her.

My mom bought me my first Barbie doll when I was three and Itohan would agree to do all the house chores so that she could play with my Barbie, dress her up and feed her.

Barbie was an epitome of perfection and beauty. We believed Barbie never cried or felt bad or even had anything to worry about. Sometimes, we believed she made us feel less when she was made to motivate us.

So when I grew up later on, I believed that I could never be perfect like Barbie and I hated her. I hated the sight of Barbie dolls and anytime I found them, I would rip their dresses off their bodies and paint their faces with crayons and markers, not until I became older and stopped doing that two or three years ago.

Today, Kayla forced us to watch the new Barbie movie with her today and it changed my idea of Barbie. It made me love and appreciate Barbie because she wasn't created to make us feel less of ourselves. Barbie, just like all of us had her imperfections.

"Billie is too good. Her song just added a new vibe to the movie!" My Aunt said, rubbing Kayla's back gently.

Kayla slept when the movie hadn't even gone halfway but we decided to continue it, even though we were sure that she would make us watch it again since she didn't have the opportunity to complete it.  

"I'm surprised that you know Billie Eilish. I used to think you were old school and all," I replied.

"I'm not old school at all. I know all new musicians biko. The fact that I have a daughter and I'm pregnant doesn't mean I've lost my young mind oo. Some of my agemates aren't even married." She argued. My aunt loved to argue that she was young and that she was current.

"But Billie isn't someone I expect you to know, except your TikTok for you page started showing her songs,"

"It's not your fault. You think I'm old, that's why!" She hissed.

"It's true. I believe you." I answered her with a smile on my face. Maybe she didn't pay attention to the sarcasm in my tone but my statement made her smile.

I quickly picked up my phone and sent a quick text to Kambili and Halita that I had watched the Barbie movie they've been begging me to watch for a long time.

KHALINDA- KAMBILI, HALITA & MIRANDA 💕.

K A M💜✨

Attachment 2 images.
12:34pm

Girls, I need you to help me pick. I'm looking for a dress for a dinner today. I'm going out for a business dinner with dad.
12:35pm.

H A I L E Y❤️✨

The second dress looks beautiful to me, even though it's a bit revealing. What do you think Miranda?
12:37pm

K A M💜

I know. But don't you think the first dress looks good for a dinner thoug
h?
12:37pm

H A I L E Y❤️

To me, the second dress is better but let's wait for Miranda to come online. She has a better dress sense than all of us.
12:42pm

ME

🤮🤮🥴 Your fashion sense is so disgusting. Your dad needs needs to hire a professional stylist for you.
12:50pm

None of the dresses abeg. Aren't the twins around? God forbid abeg. Those dresses look ugly.
12:51pm

H A I L E Y❤️

Toh. Mira Mama don land 😂😂
12:52pm

ME

Especially that second dress. The first one is a bit better but don't wear any of them. They are very ugly!
12:53pm

And I wanted to tell you guys that I just watched Barbie. It's actually not that bad.
12:54pm

Immediately I sent that text to them, I put off my phone and decided to focus on the remaining parts of the movie but the movie had already come to an end.

My aunt had moved Kayla to another couch away from ours so I took the remote and paused the movie as my aunt made herself a bowl of cereal.

"Pregnancy is very annoying. I don't know why my lips are swelling!" My aunt groaned as she poured the milk into her plate.

"You just have some months to go. You'll be fine." I assured her with a smile.

"We haven't had time together because of this pregnancy. I actually want us to start going out again," she complained. "And, you got a deal to appear in a new music video. I heard she's a new artiste and I can't remember her name." She said with a smile.

"I don't know how much they are going to pay sha but you'll sign the deal in two weeks time. If you aren't comfortable with anything when they tell you the details, you can let me know." She added.

Ever since I declared my interest for Modelling, my aunt became my manager and took me around to find out if there were any brands I could influence for and if it was something I was not comfortable with, she would quickly refuse the offer no matter the amount.

"Thank you. I love you." I told her with a smile on my face. I wanted to text Kambili and tell her but I thought against it and decided to tell them instead as a surprise.

"I'm feeling like taking Mango now. God, I hate pregnancy!" She groaned as my phone made a sound of a new message. Immediately I picked up the phone, I discovered it was a message from Kambili so I hissed and dropped my phone back on my laps.

Maybe I was asking for too much but a Good morning or Good afternoon wouldn't be bad, abi?

"Who are you expecting a message from?" My aunt asked like she could read my expression.

"It's Kambili. I was expecting a message from her concerning our exams on Monday." I lied smoothly.

"No. It's Dami." My Aunt concluded with certainty in her voice. I was shocked because she was correct and accurate.

"Kayla told you, right?" I asked her as I walked over to where she stood and took her plate of cereal.

"I think the question should be ‘When were you going to tell me about him’ because I'm not happy that I don't know what is going on in your life." She said.

"There's actually nothing going on between us. We are just friends." I clarified with a small smile on my face.

"Yet he came over to our house and you guys spent time together with each other. I'm ignorant of so many things oo." She said.

"I'm not lying. He just came to check up on me. We aren't together at all." I told her.

"But you love him?" She asked and that was the moment my emotions chose to betray me because instead of the word ‘no’ popping out of my lips, I found myself giggling and smiling like a fool.

I've been bewitched.

"Are you seriously blushing? I need to get this on camera oo." My aunt teased as I took a spoon of the cereal. The cereal was already soggy because it had soaked itself in milk and I didn't like it anymore but I had to pretend to love it so I could save myself from embarrassment.

"If you love him this much, then why aren't you guys dating? Abi he asked you and you said no?" She asked me with a teasing smile on her face.

"I don't love him and I'm not even sure he likes me. I'm hundred percent sure that he likes Kambili." I mumbled, taking a spoon of the soggy cereal.

"Kambili ke? Last time I checked, you told me that she was head over heels one guy like that. Was the guy Dami?" She asked with a confused look on her face.

One thing I loved about my Aunt was her ability to remember something. You could tell my aunt something today and ask her in ten years time and she'll remember every single detail.

Maybe not every single detail but she would remember at least 90% of the information.

"Nope, but I feel like she's getting over Jason and she's super close with Dami. I feel like Dami likes her and she might like him too but she has no idea." I opened up.

My aunt took a sip from her Mango drink and then she walked over to my side and took away the soggy cereal from my hands.

"I know you don't like this thing. Don't force yourself to eat it, abeg." She said as we both burst out laughing. She signalled me to follow her to the kitchen. Once we got to the kitchen, she poured the soggy cereal into the sink and rinsed the plate.

She brought out a pot, rinsed it,  placed it on the cooker and then opened two packs of noodles and put a teaspoon of oil into the water.

"You go chop, abi?" My aunt asked in her thick Benin accent. I replied her with a nod as she brought out some onions and fresh peppers and pushed them over to my side.

"Did Kambili ever tell you that she likes Dami?" She asked.

"They're pretty close and I see the way they look at each other. I feel like Dami hasn't told her he loves her because Jason is still in the picture." I replied, chopping the onions.

"And does that matter? Have you even asked him if he has feelings for her?" My aunt questioned as she poured oil on a pan and took the hot pot out of the water.

"Ask him? How can I ask him?!" I exclaimed.

"You can ask him in millions of ways. For example, ‘Let us not hang out too much so your babe will not get angry oo.’ or ‘Your girlfriend is trying oo. You're so stubborn.’ or even add her name and say something like ‘Let Kambili not vex for me that I'm taking her babe oo’." My aunt said as I burst into laughter.

My aunt looked so funny as she made those expressions. She switched her characters in less than a minute and it was so hilarious.

"It's not funny. You should know this scope now." My aunt added.

"Yes I know it and I've tried it, but he keeps denying," I said.

"Then make the first move. I'm sure that guy likes you but make the first move. Do something Mimi! Just make the first move."

"Kiss him ke? He'd see me as a girl who is easy to get. I can't do that," I answered.

My aunt had already fried the Chicken and egg and she was currently preparing the noodles. She was almost done with the noodles and in less than two minutes, the noodles would be ready.

"I said make the first move and all that came to your mind was Kissing. Make the first move, it's not that hard. Ask him out on a date or something, just make the first move." She said.

"But do you think he loves me?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I've never seen both of you together before, but you'll be fine." She said as I brought out two flat plates for her to dish the noodles out.

My aunt had dished the noodles out and they looked so beautiful so I took three pictures of them and posted them on my Story on Instagram.

When we took them to the Dining table to start eating, Kayla woke up from her sleep and started crying. Apparently, she had rolled off the couch and she fell on the floor.

"This child!" My aunt groaned. She pushed her plate of noodle away and walked over to where Kayla was seated.

Watching my Aunt cuddle Kayla back to sleep while singing lullabies to her made me imagine myself in that kind of a situation.

And I knew I was definitely mad when I saw my Aunt's husband walk to the living room with Kayla's Teddy bear and I imagined Myself in that kind of a situation with Dami walking with a Teddy bear to give our daughter.

Maybe I should actually make the first move.

So, I picked up my phone and ignored the text messages from Kam and Halita and quickly sent a message to Dami.

ME

Do you have a date for the Christmas party.
1:59pm

Because you shouldn't. I want you to be my date, Dami.
1:59pm

This Dami and Miranda Ship should do and sail fast😭. They're literally supposed to be the fastest ship in this book and they're still dulling.

Sighs in slowlesness

Anyways, Our Miranda has decided to take the bull by the horn and make the first move.

Hallelujah for that one🙏.

You guys might not see me until the end of this month or even later, but I'll be trying to update more often.

Gracias ✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 1.2K 12
FEATURED in @AmbassadorsNG reading list Kamharida heard the unfortunate news and smirked but when she realizes she's the only one who could see the b...
15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
24.4K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
64.5K 10.9K 54
Meet Kikelomo Adegun, a 19 year old indigene of Lagos State. She has the crave and longing to be further educated and gain admission into the univers...