An Undefeatable Love

By Scoobydoo353

"Or what? You gon snitch on me?" I look him up and down "Yeah." "Is there a way I could 'talk' you out of it... More

Prologue: Nana and Grandkids
Chapter 1: The Present
Chapter 2: The 3 Oops
Chapter 3: Tutoring Fights and Fun
Chapter 4: Let's talk about this
Chapter 5: Party for One
CHARACTERS!
Chapter 6: Confession Time
Chapter 7: Not on Nana's table
Chapter 8: Milk to Milk
Chapter 9: Kiss Kiss Fall in Love
New Cover!
Chapter 10: Late Date Night
Chapter 11: Head Out
Chapter 11.5: After Head Out
Chapter 12: Broken Ceramic Doll
Chapter 13: No time to Finish
Chapter 14: Liquor Courage
Chapter 15: Nana, you okay?
Chapter 16: Mov-in Day
Chapter 17: Books and Bruises
Chapter 18: Drop Dead
Chapter 19: Black Hypocrite
Chapter 20: Not a Daddy's Girl
Chapter 21: Soaked
Shorts: Tricked to Kiss
Chapter 22: Gas Money Needed
Chapter 23: I Shoulda Got U Flowers
Chapter 24: A Couple of Fights
Chapter 25: Can You Handle Me?
Chapter 26: Delivery
Shorts: Sing a Happy Song
Chapter 26.5: Deliver Some News
Shorts: Puberty's Least Favorite
Chapter 27: Poof Be Gone
Shorts: M + T
Chapter 28: A Surprise Visit from Planned Parenthood
Short: Sitting In a Tree
Chapter 29: Stolen Pills
Chapter 30: Evil Twin Attack
Chapter 31: The Final Countdown
Chapter 32: Graduates of 1979!
Chapter 32.5: Congrats, We finished!
Chapter 33: Snack RUN!
Chapter 34: Life vs Alive
Chapter 35: I'm Selfish
Chapter 36: One More.
Chapter 37: The Letter
Chapter 38: All Aboard!
Chapter 39: A Speed Through
Chapter 40: Field Trip
Chapter 41: Schedule Delays
Chapter 42: A Man In Uniform
Post: Dear Mamma
Chapter 43: Week One on the Job
Chapter 44: Be Who You Are

Shorts: Puberty's Favorite

90 4 13
By Scoobydoo353

2 months after being Smurfed:

No One's Pov:

On a random summer day.

A pool that was opened for the colored folks was packed with people and their kids to take a nice cool dip on such a hot sunny day.

It was opened anonymously and it's been used every day since. There were 5 big pools in total for the neighborhood to swim in.

- One for toddlers (Kiddies)

- One for small kids  (Shrimps)

- 2 around 3-4.5 ft (Junior and Fly )

- A huge deep one (Tubbs)

Tubbs was where people can jump off the diving board and into the water. It was were most teenagers hung out and sat around. Their legs swaying in the water while they talked with each other. People who knew how to swim would actually be inside trying to scare others to get in.

Really people didn't know how to swim, just did it and those who actually managed to get the hang of it. So, it was a blast to be able to be in that pool. The adults usually sat at the Junior and Fly pools to watch their kids or to do exercises where their feet could touch the floor. The happiness and fun that went on those days were good memories

It was the best times to the youngins memories. Starting from how they wished to be older to sit on the edge of pool  and be cool. Sneaking over there and trying to blend in with the big kids. To splashing in the water at Junior and Fly, and playing with other kids in the neighborhood. It really brought everyone together. There was always someone who barbequed, someone who fried fish, and just a table of stuff to be served. 

It was fun times like these that would play over and over again in memory.

Well, this particular day wasn't the best for 13 year old Shawn.

The boy had been going through an awful lot of changes within his body and outside of it. He didn't want to be half naked in front of everyone. His voice had been cracking so much lately, there was so many pimples on his back, and he just felt so vulnerable in front of everyone.

"Hey." Deon appears next to him by the fence entrance. There wasn't any changing rooms or stalls so you had to come to the park changed and with your own towels. Restrooms were not provided so you would have had to go all the way back home. If you were caught peeing in the grass, you would've been yelled at. This was something nice, new and anyone be damned if they tried to ruin it.

"Hey." Shawn's voice cracked, and he looked away embarrassed.

"It gets better, bro." Deon throws an arm around Shawn's shoulders and they walk inside the fence to find a chair to sit their stuff at. Deon had already experienced his voice change, but Shawn was a bit of a late bloomer.

"Maybe we should come back tomorrow. We've been here almost every day. There's just a lot of people today." The youngin tries to reason with his friend about leaving.

"But Grace is here." Deon points at the 18 year old girl, he's had a crush on. She turns him down constantly but he still tries to make his move on her. Can't ever get the hint.

"And she still doesn't like you."

"Hey, Deon! Shawn!" The boys turn their heads to see their Uncle Marcus fake jogging over to them. Their shoulders drop in dread at what's to come in the next few hours.

"What yall doin here without my mamma?"

"She comin in a bit." Deon lies. Nana was, in fact, taking a nap while her shows were playing in the background. She didn't know the little boys were here but they did leave a note where she can find it and come see them.

"Yeah, she said to go on ahead of her." Shawn pitches in.

"Y'all aint foolin me, but as long as she aight. I guess I'll be watchin yall for her." Marcus leaves the two boys with pouts. They thought Nana was bad with her babying, Marcus was worst. He embarrassed them all the time in front of girls. He treated them like babies, and it ruined the reputation they were trying to build for themselves.

"C'mon." He urges for them to follow him to his group of friends who were drinking and smoking.

"Yall know my little bros." 

"How could we forget? He always tryna make moves on my girl." One of the friends points his cup towards Deon's direction.

"Not my fault she feelin me." Deon shrugs his shoulders and looks over at Grace, who is paying him no type of mind.

"Deondre, cut it out. She too old for you." Marcus shakes his head. If there's one thing Marcus would do is make sure the boys stayed in a kids place. Annoyingly so.

"Uh oh. Your girlfriend just showed up." Marcus slaps Shawn's chest and points towards the gate door. Deon turns his head in confusion while Shawn turns his head in curiosity. Who could Marcus be talking about?

There she was, holding a towel around her waist, walking in with a bunch of girls from the hood and at their school. They talk as they walk in to the park not paying attention to the attention they've gained. 

"She is NOT my girlfriend." Shawn crosses his arm over his chest with annoyance at the never ending jokes the two teen gained from their situation. It wasn't because people wanted them together but cause everyone knew he was mad at her. She dumped a bucket of paint on him, and they haven't even had a normal conversation without an argument breaking out. That's where the whole thing 'arguing like a couple' came from.

"I wonder when you'll get over that." One of Marcus friends shakes his head.

"Never." Is Shawn's quick response.

"She said she was sorry." Marcus adds in.

"So?" 

"Such a baby." Marcus pulls on Shawn's cheek making the red flushed boy to smack his hand away. Marcus laughs before he stops and waves his hand in the air.

"Meg!" He calls her over making Shawn glare up at him.

"What? She still my niece." Megan takes her time walking over as she is speaking with her friends still, and talking to those who speak to her who are already in the pool.

"Why are you here, you weirdo?" Megan glares her eyes at her uncle then at his friends, who are over 20 hanging around teenagers. There are young adults who came to swim today, but in the kids eyes this man in 30 years old.

"Girl, if you don't go on with that bullshit. I was just tryna let you know I was here. There's people here my age too. Mind ya own." Marcus pushes her forehead back and she does turn and walk away with her friends to the junior pull. She's been ignoring Shawn's existence in order to create peace within herself. She finally cut those negative friends off, Shawn was soooo close to being next.

"And you." A finger is pointed in Shawn's face.

"Got a staring problem."

"Do not." He fights back against the guy who loves to bring a reaction out of him. 

"Yeah, you do."

"Deon!" Another voice yells from the other side of the gate... Trey.

"Hold on, I'll be back. I won't leave you hanging for too long." Deon runs over to meet with his other best friend who is dressed in normal day wear to get in the pool.

"You can't date my niece." Shawn scoffs at him like it's unbelievable where this conversation has turned into.

"Trust, she's not my type anyway." He takes a peek at her and rolls his eyes when he see her acting scared of the water. 

'And she's as flat as a board.' He thinks to himself. 'I want pillows, not a headboard.

This type of thinking came from being spoiled by his Nana who picked him up and would let him lay on her all the time when he was younger. She is big chested so it was a squishy pillow that was comfortable to lay on.

"Oh, what's this type?" Another friend asks. 

"I'm not telling that to you that." 

"But it's man to man."

"Hard no." His voice cracks again making him turn red.

"Aww, he so cute." Marcus tugs on his cheek again. Marcus and Shawn's relationship is like brothers. Marcus is the youngest of 9 kids so he was happy to have a younger brother to pick on. It started off with Marcus watching Shawn when he was young while Nana would clean or make errands. He definitely has a soft spot for the poor boy.

"Leave him alone." Deon comes to Shawn's rescue and pulls him away from the group of men who chuckle as they walk away.

"He's such a jerk." Shawn mumbles rubbing on his cheek.

"Cheer up, lil dude." Trey smacks Shawn's back. "Just have fun. Leave him with his hoodlums and come over here with the ladies." The 3 boys walk over to the junior pool with Megan and her friends.

They all get into the pool, and dunk themselves underwater to get adjusted to the cold water before moving around. A girl named Monica waves the boys over to hang out with them. Megan doesn't bother looking their way as it's not necessary to.

"Ven por acá." She speaks Spanish to them assuming they'll just read her hand gestures. Trey, Deon and Megan's other friends talk amongst each other. Leaving Shawn and Megan quiet not attempting to mingle with anyone.

"Come over here." Trey waves him over irritated.

"I don't want to be next to no paddle board." Shawn huffs out loud where Megan can hear him. The rude comment springs out a gasp and an ugly look from her to him.

"Shouldn't you be in the shrimps pool?" She fights back. It caused a deep red blush to grow on his cheeks and around his face. She knew he was sensitive to almost everything so to call out the size of him like that was brutal. 

"What would you even know, weirdo?" He weakly replies back.

"I meant for you height, stupid." And this was true. She was still taller than him by centimeters. 

"Megan, please shut up." Deon splashes water at her and she throws a handful back. His mouth wipe open so he gargled it. The ladies laugh at him choking on the water.

"Now, be fair, D. Shawn started it. He knew what was to come from such a joke." Trey defends Megan and she smiles at him in thanks. The interaction makes Shawn rolls his eyes and walk over by Monica who whisper a soft hi to him.

"But that was too far. Especially when... you know." Deon makes a gesture to which Megan shrugs her shoulders. "He going through some changes, that's PERFECTLY normal by the way."

"Me too. But you don't see me starting a fight. Or being mean for no reason."

"And it's okay. All will be forgotten later on." Trey says pushing Deon from in front of Megan and standing beside her in the water.

"You traitor." Deon tells Trey who just shrugs his shoulder before wrapping one around Megan's shoulder. Shawn's eyes follow the gesture but simply keep quiet. It was obvious to the white boy that Trey had a thing for MG, but he wonders how no one else saw it. 

"Ay! Hands off!" Trey immediately takes three steps away from Megan with his arm still in the air as Marcus voice booms around the park. No one had to turn around to know who he was talking to.

"Isn't she your cousin?" Trey asks Deon with a hand on his hip. 

"Yeah, and he's my bro. Bros before hoes."

"You ain't even got any." Megan friend, Cherise, adds in.

"You got my point, loser."

"Poor MG, always has to fight by herself." Trey crosses his arms around his chest shaking his head in disapproval at Deon.

"Yeah, it's sad it's always 2 against 1." Cherish pitches in.

"And I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself." 

"You sure? Now n days seems like you can't even think for yourself." 

"Damn." Deon and Trey winces

"You know what..."

And the fight begins as other around them just watch bored or interested. It never happened in public like this though. It was too loud for everyone to really hear an argument going on at the juniors pool. The music and loud chatter covered it nice. They go back and forth calling each other names, and even started splashing water at each other.

"Meg, I think he get it." Marcus comes over and tries to pull the young girl off Shawn whose head is being submerged underwater fighting and to get back to the surface.

"Keep blowing them bubbles, guppy." Megan grips loosens and a red face boy pops up gasping for air.

"You were going to kill me?" He asked shocked trying to catch his breath.

"You brought it on yourself." She replies back coily.

"Okay, out of the pool." Marcus bends down over the pool and yanks Megan out then Shawn out.

"I can stay, right?" Deon asks nervous.

"No." Then Marcus points behind himself. "Out."

"But I ain't do nothin."

"If one get in trouble then all get in trouble." Marcus says with a serious face but secretly love how they actually listening to him. He so full of shit, and see why his mamma did this. He didn't even think to include Deon but as soon as he asked he knew he had to fuck with him. The power of authority can be so fun.

Deon pulls himself out the pool and walks behind the 2 stooges. Two walk with their arms crossed, frowns on their faces. One walks looking at the ground poutin like a child.

"Aww, what's wrong, Devon?" Grace asks from her corner of the pool. Deon's face lifted up with a bright smile like he was gifted a year load of candy.

"Aw, nothin, baby. Just makin sure my cousin and bro don't get chewed up too bad." He tries to act cool.

"Deondre, move yo ass." Marcus cuffs his hand behind Deon's neck and pushes him forward to the corner where they were earlier.

"Aww, uncle marcus, she was talkin to me."

"She got yo name wrong."

"It was close enough." Deon shrug with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Y'all gon sit here til you can act like yall got some sense." Again a serious face, but on the inside he laughin his ass off. His friends who are some feet away hide their smiles at their friend acting like a parent.

"Some of us got it, others tend not to use it." Megan send a look at Shawn.

"Yeah, sure, puppet." He rolls his eyes at her.

"Me a puppet? Bold comin from someone who still tryna suck on someone's titty."

"Okay, I heard enough." Marcus shakes his head at the absurd shit these kids are saying. "Just sit here still yall can act right in public." He leaves the 3 teens huffin and puffin at each other and at him too.

"This yalls fault." Deon looks side to side at his friends as he sits between them.

"Shut up."

 "Be quiet."

They speak at the same time.

Time goes by where no one says a thing to one another. They just waste time in their heads and watching everyone else splash in the water. Their friends who they came with continue to play without them. Even Trey stayed and flirts with some of Megan's friends who giggle at anything he tells them.

"Uncle Marcus, I think we good now." Deon hints to that man that they are still in fact seated.

"Deon, you can go." Marcus doesn't even bother turning around. He completely forgot they were there, and honestly, Deon wasn't the problem. It was the two who were seated completely quiet and hadn't move an inch.

"Y'all don't want to go back to the pool?" One of Marcus friends as pointing his drink at the kids.

"Duh." Megan answers.

"Marcus, let them go have fun." That one friend speaks on their behalf.

"Go on." A wave with his hand, Shawn and Megan are up and gone, catching up with Deon who stands by Tubbs.

"Deon, don't be stupid." Megan tells him standing next to him. 

"Aww, c'mon. This is where all the action is."

"It only seems that way cause they know each other."

The big teens at the Tubbs pool play football in and out the water. They brought their own stereo to blast at the pool, and stuff to play in the water. Yeah, it always seemed fun but they were too young to hang out with them. Being with them meant being able to take care of yourself and make good decisions cause no one is watching you. The 3 stooges were still being monitored to not make dumb decisions like drown one another. 

"Over here." A large group of boys were running to the side of the pool where the smaller teens stood trying to stop their hard-headed friend from risking their now freedom over an older girl.

"Deon, get out of the way." Megan tugs Deon arm so hard that he fell back on the ground behind them. There wasn't much space on this side of the pool so the three left a walking path so the runners could actually get by them... but boy was they wrong.

"Hutt Hutt!" The ball flew so fast in the air that the two left standing wonder which one of them the ball was going to get hit with it.

The answer was neither. 

In order for the team to catch the ball, one of the big teens pushed the two smaller teens with one arm against the barred fence. Shawn squished between the fence and Megan, who was also squished against the boy and a linebacker's back. The linebacker holding tight onto the ball using whatever he landed on as a cushion from the fence.

A red blush painted Shawn's face as he felt her whole body completely pressed against his. He bit his lip to keep quiet from the pain that was forming down past his hips. Even with the height difference, her butt was pressed right on where he was growing. Skin to skin contact with her back and legs didn't help either. He prayed to the Lord that she wouldn't notice it while stuck in her own predicament. 

Uncle Tilo taught and told him that this was going to be a new thing he'll go through in his life. He hates that the first one he had came up from this situation. 

A boner.... dun, dun, dun.

His first boner ever.... over his best friend. He was past embarrassed. 

"Hey, get off." She pushes against the huge man who finally notices that he was squishing people.

"Oh, my bad." He laughs moving off them, and Deon finally lifts himself off the ground, and checks on his peeps.

"Y'all good?"

"I'm okay." Megan checks herself before leaving them to go to the junior pool.

"Shawn?" Deon checks on his best friend.

"Dude, I think I-" He can't even bring himself to say it but puts his hands over it.

"What?" Deon stands where Shawn in covered from eyes. The tomato simply shakes his hands in front of his junk. Deon think what it could be before realizing what Shawn meant.

"Ohhh-" Then realizes the situation that caused it "Ew!" He gives a disgusted look over at the girls before looking back at Shawn.

"Just help me!" Shawn whispers violently taking tiny steps away from the fence.

"Hey-" Splash. 

Deon pushed Shawn into Tubbs pool to save him from further embarrassment. If Marcus knew what Deon knew, Shawn would be in a never ending hell of laughs and lectures.

"Deondre!" Marcus yells at Deon with such a rage that Deon felt a tear build up in his eyes.

'The sacrifices I make.' Deon thinks to himself knowing that he gonna be in big big trouble for this. If there's one thing Nana don't play about is... water.

Everyone watched as Shawn splashed in the water going up and down. The shock is what kept everyone still but finally people tried to help him. Megan ran over to check on what was going on. Worry evident on her face.

"I got 'im." Someone who threw an arm out and grabbed him managed to pull him to the wall where he could catch his breath and relax.

Marcus pulls Shawn out the water who problem was no longer there. But just has a new one.

"You okay?" Marcus ask Shawn once he's back to normal.

"Yeah, fine. That was fun. I'm good now." Shawn says trying to escape the trouble that was coming.

"Well, if things are good here, I'm just gonna back over there." Megan announces not giving anyone a chance to respond back to her. 

Though after what went on, Shawn watches her walk away back to the pool in her swimsuit. He knows he shouldn't be looking at his friend like this as it was what caused his baptism.

"Ay." Marcus holds his head and turns it to face him "Eyes over here."

"I wasn't-" The defensiveness in his tone told on him, and he didn't bother trying to explain any further.

"That's what I thought. Back to yo seat." Marcus points with his head to sit back in time out in that corner. Deon was already there so Shawn must've been looking at her for awhile now.

"Fine." He accepts his defeat.

(A/N: The memory of this short are in Chapters 22 where Shawn and Deon were play fighting and Deon was telling his secrets, and Chapter 23 where the two were hanging out at the arcade and Deon was once again telling Shawn's secrets. I did change Chapter 23 a bit cause I liked the idea of Shawn being pushed into the pool rather than jumping in himself so that was changed.)

Thank you for reading ❤️. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 11.5K 44
"Daniel please-" He growled cutting me off mid sentence; making it obvious that he's pissed beyond belief. I never knew that telling him my past woul...
611K 16.9K 22
He smashed his lips against mine, still pinning my hands above my head. I melted from his lips. He licked my lip piercings, swirling his tongue aroun...
13.4K 367 26
The strong pull to her. The desire to have something you never thought you would want again. A glance turned into an obsession. And he would stop at...
296K 9.9K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...