Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 70: The Truth

16.1K 622 92
By Posh777

8 Weeks Old

-Ava's POV-

"You look right fit, now stop fidgeting."

"I'm not. Are you sure I look alright?"

"For the fiftieth time yes. Now sit."

I sigh, dropping myself down onto the couch as Poppy watches me with an amused smile. "It's only been a week. You'd think you haven't seen the lad in ages with the way you're carrying on."

"It was only supposed to be three days and I'm not carrying on, I am just..."

"Massively excited to see your sex God of a husband?"

"Poppy.."

"Don't blame you. Let's not forget I've caught a of glimpse of his tight little arse that day I walked in on you two.."

"Poppy!"

"There's locks on the loo door for a reason love." She raises her eyebrows at me playfully. "Not that I'm complaining mind you. Lucky bird is what you are, getting to give that bum a proper pinch now and then."

"You're impossible." I shake my head at my best friends teasing.

"Impossible not to love." She snatches Lennon up in her arms, pressing a kiss to her little cheek. "Same a you pigeon. Utterly impossible not to love."

I grin as she dances around the room with her, swaying her from side to side, trying to coach a smile out of her.

I knew it was useless, but I let her go on, giving it her best go. After a few minutes of funny faces, she gives up with a huff.

"Definitely your daughter. Gorgeous but stubborn as hell."

I can't help but roll my eyes as I scold her. "No cursing in front of the baby."

"Please, he's not here."

"Doesn't matter." I shrug, "He doesn't like it, so no cursing."

"He also doesn't fancy you eating sweets while you're still breast feeding." Poppy flicks her head towards the candy bar wrapper laid on a table next to me.

"Yeah well, he can't have his way in everything now can he?" I grab the wrapper as I pull myself up off the couch, throwing it in the closest trash can.

"God no. We give lads everything they want, we'd all be on our kn.." She stops mid-sentence as Lennon coos at her, Poppy's face quickly turning from a wicked smirk into a thoughtful frown. "Alright alright I won't finish that. Really is yours isn't she? Auntie Poppy will learn to watch her smart mouth."

"Wow, did I really just hear that?" I laugh as Poppy scowls at me. "Poppy Clarke, promising not to.."

"Oh stop." She waves me off as she sits down on the floor with Lennon.

A loud ding from my phone causes me to practically fall over my own feet as I hurry to grab it off the kitchen counter, a wide smile overtaking my face as I unlock it and open the message.

~Just landed. See you soon but not soon enough. Love you baby. xo

I start to dial his number, wondering why he didn't just call me, but another message immediately pops up.

~Radio on? Interesting chap about to be on Radio 1.

My eyebrows furrow as Poppy steps up beside, my eyes glancing at the clock on the wall.

"His flight get in?"

"Hmmm? Yeah." I nod, looking around me for any sign of a radio in the small kitchen, "He's going to be on radio one."

"I've it on my phone." Poppy reads my mind, tugging her cell out of the pocket of her tight skinny jeans.

I watch her anxiously as her fingers move across the screen.

"This his first interview since?" She looks at me as she turns the volume up and sets her phone down on the counter.

I nod again as the sound of a very familiar song fills the room.

I had no idea he was being interviewed today. I had no idea what he was going to say.

We'd remained silent until now.

Rumors had spread like wildfire after the scene I caused at the award show. My water very publicly breaking and Harry very publicly rushing on stage to get to me had caused an uproar.

Him being at the hospital for days and the other boys each visiting nearly caused Twitter to break.

We had disappeared together for months, Harry only coming up for air twice to do album promos. He had made it clear the subject of our relationship was off limits in the one short interview the band did in New York.

I knew he was itching to set the stories straight. We were truly married. Lennon was truly his.

But before we left the hospital we had both agreed to let people think what they will. We both agreed to keep this, to keep Lennon, just ours for a little while.

I agreed to let Harry decide when the time was right.

Apparently that time was now.

The song ending makes me lean forward on my elbows, eyes trained on the phone.

"That was One Direction and this is Nick Grimshaw on Radio One. I hinted yesterday we may have a surprise guest today. I was afraid I would have a delayed flight ruin my plan, but I'm happy to say all flights ran according to schedule, which means I can welcome my surprise guest to the show. Harry Styles. How are you Harry?"

"I'm good. Yeah. You alright?" Harry's deep voice sounds through the speaker, making my heart rate pick up.

"I'm lovely thank you."

"Thanks for having me."

"Did you have a good flight Harry?"

"Yeah, was good. Yeah."

"Right, so sadly Harry wasn't able to get to the studio today, but he took some time out to phone in. Now where are you now Harry?"

"I'm ummm... I'm in the car. Headed home."

"To your flat here in London?"

"No, staying somewhere else for a bit. Out of the city."

"Right, so what have you been up to? Haven't seen much of you as of late."

"Done some work for the new album... but mostly just staying in. It's been good. Real good. Nice change."

"Speaking of change.." Grimmy pauses. "Appears you might of had quite a bit of that lately. Been a fair bit of rumors, even more then usual, with your name attached to them."

"That so?" Harry questions, his tone letting me know his lips are curved into his famous smirk.

"Maybe we could clear a few of those up?"

"Might have time for one or two."

"Alright then, let's get right to it. Just a few months ago your ex Ava McCain gave birth to what is rumored to possibly be your child. It true there's now a little Harry running about?"

I hold my breath, waiting to hear his reply.

"Nope, 'fraid that's not true."

"Really? Well.."

"Facts are a bit messed up I think." Harry cuts him off. "Her last name's not McCain, it's Styles. She's not my ex... have the marriage certificate to prove she's stuck with me. And the baby isn't possibly mine. It's
one hundred percent mine. Has my blood and my eyes according to my mum, among other things. And there's no little Harry running about... Wouldn't be quite fair to name a girl Harry. And she's only eight weeks.. So won't be running for a bit I reckon."

I take a deep breath, my eyes locking with Poppy's as the phone goes silent.

I know Grimmy's delayed reaction is for show, being he himself visited the hospital and met Lennon with a handful of flowers and an excited smile. He was one of Harry's best friends after all. The fact alone that Harry barely paused between words proved they'd planned out exactly how this would go. What they would say. But when I take in Poppy's widened and surprised eyes, I can tell they're playing their parts well enough.

"So Harry Styles is actually a father." Grimmy states.

"That he is."

"And how's that been so far?"

"Just... Bloody amazing." Harry's voice falters. "It's... It's the best. Best thing I've ever done. Yeah. Hands down."

"Thats quite a statement coming from you."

"Think any father would agree. Nothing like holding someone you made with someone you love in your arms. Quite humbling if I'm being honest. Am a happy man."

"Im sure you are. And how is the lovely Mrs. Styles fairing?"

"She's good. Listening right now I hope. She's.. Wouldn't want to raise a child with anyone else. She's a natural with Lenny. Love watching it."

"Lenny?"

"Erm.. Yeah." Harry stutters, obviously not meaning to have let that info slip. "We named her Lennon."

"Lovely name. Am sure all your fans would agree."

"Couldn't do this without their support. Having them behind me on this, something that makes me so happy, means the world. Really. Would be right awful if it were any different."

I smile at his subtle dig to his less then supportive fans. The ones who spent nearly the past year filling my Twitter feed with nothing but hate. They did it to hurt me, somehow not realizing it hurt Harry ten times more.

"Right, of course. Now Harry tell me a bit about the new album...."

Poppy turns the sound down as I let out a breath, feeling an odd sense of relief wash over me. It's the first time in the history of our relationship that the truth, the whole truth, is out there.

It's the first time in the history of ever that Harry actually talked about his personal life.

"You alright?" Poppy questions, slipping her phone back into her skinnies.

"Yeah.. Just weird to hear that I guess."

"Weird but good?"

"Weird but very good." I nod, absentmindedly twirling the wedding ring on my finger. "It's nice to not be a secret anymore."

"Sounded proud, didn't he? Finally getting to go on about you lot. Probably won't shut up now you know."

"I'm sure he won't." I smile, looking across the room at Lennon who's currently holding her tiny toes.

"You deserve this you know."

My eyes shift towards Poppy across the counter from me.

"Being this happy." She goes on. "You deserve it. After all you've been through."

My cheeks flush as she moves towards me and gives me a tight hug.

"I can't.." I pause shaking my head a bit. "Can't imagine if I hadn't met him that day."

"You'd of somehow, I'm sure." Poppy smiles, patting my leg before heading into the living room. "Now I'll tend to your daughter while you give you husband a proper hello."

"What? He's not here ye.." The words catch in my throat as I hear a car door shut outside.

I jump up, not even caring how I look as I practically run towards the door.

I grip the handle, pulling the door open hastily just as Harry steps up to it.

I don't hesitate.

My arms are around his neck in seconds, nearly knocking him over as his bag drops to the ground.

He quickly steadies us, his arms wrapping around my waist as he laughs. My feet leave the ground as he lifts me up a few inches, tightening his grip on me.

"Miss me that much?" He chuckles into my ear.

I nod, loosening my grip on him as my feet touch the ground.

His fingers sweep a few stray strands of hair away from my face as he looks over me. "Baby, you've no.. no idea how much I missed you."

He shakes his head, dimples popping as I smile up at him. "Jesus you're pretty."

I don't respond with words, choosing instead to grip his collar and pull him down towards me.

Fingers gripping my hips as I kiss him with everything I have. Him doing exactly the same.

"Love you." I breathe out as our lips part.

"Love you Av." He grins at me, licking his lips as his eyebrows furrow.

"What?" I raise my eyebrows as he purses his lips playfully.

"That chocolate I taste?"

_________________________
Please vote!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.2K 45
Harry Styles, a quite cheeky and charming lad, was living the dream with his fellow band mates. But on one unfortunate day, he had to make the most h...
1.6M 55.1K 100
-Sequel to Almost Lover- Harry and Ava One year later and still apart. Neither can seem to move past the love they shared. But could a chance mee...
40.6K 1.3K 82
Third and Final book. Read the first book I'm pregnant - One Direction fanfiction & the second book I'm Too Young for This - Sequel to 'I'm pregnant...
78.8K 962 27
Sophia, Simple,Sophisticated, and maybe a bit of stupid when she finds out she might be pregnant with an unknown man's baby. She meets Harry, he's hu...