The Trouble with Evie

By xMishx

Mean girls and gorgeous guys, too much homework and a restrictive guardian. A typical life for a teen girl, r... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
The End... Almost
The Trouble With Hades

Chapter 34

52 9 0
By xMishx

Trying to be quiet as we walked through the forest was not easy. Every step we took was another beacon that pointed to our location. It was the only choice. Going the other way meant that we'd have to walk past Drakkus and his goons again, and I did not want that.

The only consolation that I had was that apparently, vampires had good hearing but not great. To hear us walking through the forest, they'd have to be close. On the street where we'd seen them was not within range. Still, I felt like we needed to be quiet just in case there were more vampires in the forest.

Everything was wet, and there was a low-lying fog that coated the ground like a wispy veil. We couldn't see the ground but it was there, floating around and creating a heightened sense of unease inside of me. A bird called out a whooping squawk that I'd heard before but made the mood seem ominous in the eerie silence. Anzide held my hand tight, moving us as fast as he dared while always looking around. I think that he was on a higher alert than what I was.

I knew that we were close to home when I saw the witch's ring. Keeping to the exterior, we continued past it and toward Niko's cave. I wanted to know who had taken his body. I had my suspicions, but for now, it had to wait.

When I saw the fence, I was happy. Getting closer to the house brought a sense of ease, even if we weren't out of the woods yet. Oddly enough, I felt more exposed when I walked across the lawn than when I was in the forest. Maybe it was because I was exposed. Always seen, never missed.

The path to the back door was uneventful. Brad frowned as he watched us walk through the door.

"Okay, so we'll start from the top, shall we? Going to school was clearly a mistake."

"Yeah," I sighed. "Do what you need to get it done here. I'm not going back."

"Already figured that. We'll discuss it at lunch. How about you two get those muddy shoes off? Socks too. Damn it, look at the mess."

Anzide rolled his eyes, flicking off his shoes. I tossed mine to the pile, peeling the wet socks off and leaving them next to my bag. There was mud everywhere, made worse by the water dripping from us. Brad was ushering us away, desperate to stop us from messing up the room. I don't know why he was being so fussy. It's not like the floor couldn't be cleaned. If he didn't want to do it, I'd be happy to clean it up. After all, I'd made the mess.

"Go and warm up before you catch a cold."

With a dejected nod, I turned to the corridor.

"Don't let any vampires into this house," Anzide grumbled at Brad.

"Sure."

As I trudged up the stairs, I thought about going to school now that the demon headmaster had made an obvious move against me. I was done with the place. When I couldn't walk through the corridor by myself, then it was an issue.

Hearing footsteps, I turned to see my silent protection was a step behind me. We were both wet, leaving water everywhere.

Anzide followed me into the bathroom, removing his shirt to wring out over the bathtub. I leaned on the closed door, watching him with a burning curiosity. Well, a lot of things were burning at the moment.

The nicely defined body was too perfect. I guess that's all part of the biblical thing.

"How come you don't just dry yourself?"

"It doesn't work like that. I still have a physical presence. I am bound to certain laws regarding the body and the form, like gravity, for one. I can't fly through the sky, but I can pass through things. It's complicated."

When his hands moved to the top of his pants, I bit my lip, waiting with a smile that could barely be contained. Anzide stopped and turned the top half of his body to look at me. Slowly my gaze lifted, and I saw how caught I was. He turned completely and then sauntered over like he was the king of the world.

I backed into the wall. Leaning one arm above me, Anzide lowered.

"Do I not grant you privacy?" he whispered.

"Not really. It's kind of perverted how you insist on being in the same room as me."

"I don't look,"

His voice was soft, delicate words breathed out over my lips as he moved closer.

"I'm sure you disobey those physical rules and move your eyes to the back of your head."

Anzide smiled.

"Not possible, but an interesting thought."

For a moment, there was silence. I couldn't help but look at him. There wasn't much else to look at. Just the body that was well formed, tapering down to those narrow hips with the pants that slung low.

"What do you want, Evelyn?"

A lot. More than I should.

"Take what you desire."

His whispered words were pure temptation. As I reached out, I bit my lip, a bad habit that Brad would grumble about if he could see it.

The tips of my fingers traced over the cool flesh, dragging lower. It was tantalizing to touch the skin, watching it move over his body, sinking down to the pants.

Brad knocked on the door, making me jump with fright.

"Hey, Evie,"

"Yeah?"

Anzide moved away, much to my annoyance.

"I thought Anzide might need dry clothes. Does he need something, or can he dry his own clothes?"

"Dry clothes would be ideal."

I frowned, turning around because it sounded like Anzide was on the other side of the door. Anzide and the shirt were gone. I opened the door as Brad turned. Anzide was behind him. He had the shirt back on and looked sopping wet.

"I thought you were,"

Brad frowned heavily.

"Aren't you supposed to protect her all the time?"

"I am. Just getting fresh towels."

"Right,"

It sounded like Brad didn't believe him. Handing over the clothes to me, Brad wandered off without another word said.

Anzide crossed the gap, dumped the towels on the counter, and closed the door. Within seconds I was pressed to the wall. I was stunned at first, but then reality caught up to me, and I rolled with the moment.

The clothes were dumped on the counter. I don't know if they made it or fell to the floor. I was too wrapped up in the intense kiss. Our lips entwined as the seconds ticked over. His hands moved, slowly pulling my shirt out from the skirt.

Pulling me from the wall, Anzide moved his hands around my body, continuing to tug the material free. Our kiss stilled, eyes pinned to each other. One corner of Anzide's lips curled as his gaze lowered. He began to undo the buttons of my shirt.

The thumping inside of me was fast, excitement spurning on the erratic heart rate.

As Anzide pulled my shirt over my shoulders, he leaned down for another kiss. Chaste but perfect.

I had the auspicious duty of removing the shirt that was far too tight. Already like a second skin on him, the wet material clung to his body. Now it clung to the side of the bath.

Sitting in the only gap left on the side of the tub, Anzide pulled me closer. Standing between his legs, I looked down at him as he gently kissed my stomach. His hands slid up the back of my thighs, bunching the skirt as he moved. When he reached the waistband, Anzide gripped it and pulled it over my hips.

Wearing nothing but my underwear, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me.

Anzide draped the skirt over the side, then stalked over to me.

"Running away so soon?"

"Maybe."

I grinned as my fingers slipped under the waistband, prying open the button of his pants. As I pulled the zipper over the curve, I pressed my lips tight, trying not to smile or giggle.

"Maybe not," Anzide whispered.

He pulled away the towel, tucking it over the rail. The bra and pants were dropped to the floor, soon followed by his shorts. Nerves hit me. I couldn't wait for this moment, but it worried me that it wouldn't be amazing or even great. We were both new to this, both rather clueless. Instinct would take over, but I still worried that it would be as life affirming as I hoped it would be.

I ignored the thoughts in my head and the nerves that turned my stomach over. My heart was hammering, but that was understandable.

Anzide curved his fingers under my jaw, urging me closer with a soft kiss. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I held him close as the kiss deepened.

The water was wonderfully warm on my cold skin. Anzide's fingers trailed over my arms as we kissed. Backed against the wall, I felt the weight of his body against me. The desperation between us grew. Hands wandered, lips caressed, and words laced with giggles were softly whispered against sensitive skin.

Lifting my legs around his waist, Anzide looked into my eyes as the water rained over us. One whispered word against my lips asked a simple question. Ready? I nodded and felt the pressure. With a push, it was done. We were no longer newbies, now somewhere in the land of new lovers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 14.8K 43
The long-awaited conclusion to The King's Choice. __________________________________________ Avery Crawford is trying to take her new relationship w...
2.8M 67.6K 34
Born with a damaged heart, Leanna Weston has lived a sheltered life with little chance at adventure. When she hears that Finvarra's Circus is coming...
13.9M 370K 45
Book One in the Soul Seeker Series. At fifteen Amelia is forced to move in with her birthfather when her mother passes away. A man she's never met be...
6K 335 6
"HAHAHAHAA! The ninja really defeated the Sons of Garmadon? They really did us a favor this time! Haha!" Who in hell want's to be the hero? Heroes a...