Fading Through Memories

By marvelscs

|Mature Content| This story takes place a few months after Avengers: Age of Ultron. (2016) Bruce Banner never... More

|Warnings|
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25| +18
26
27
28|tw
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36|+18
37
38|+18
39
40
41
42
43
44| +18
45|+18
46
47
48
49
50|+18
51
52
53
54
55
56| +18
57
58|+18
59
60
61|+18
62| +18
63
64
65
66
67| +18
68
69
70
71
72
73| +18
74
75
76
77
78
79| +18
80|+18
81
83|+18
84
85
86|+18
Epilogue
extra|+18

82|+18

1K 17 14
By marvelscs

Bucky's pov

"It's beautiful, Pal." Steve pats my back, shiny eyes as I take deep breaths.

"She's going to love it, Barnes." Natasha wipes under her eyes. "I'm so happy for you two." Glaring at Steve.

"Ooh, I think someone's trying to tell you something, Steve." I shrug, pocketing the velvety box.

"Shut up, Punk." Steve blushes. "She already said no."

"What?" Natasha's eyes widen. "I didn't!"

"Saying 'I would say yes but now's not the time' is not exactly a yes, is it?" Grinning at her.

"Yeah, no." Natasha chuckles, pecking Steve's cheek. "She's going to say yes, Bucky. She loves you." Slapping my back.

"Thank you." I nod.

Now I just have to wait for her to come home.

"You're leaving tomorrow?" Steve asks as we walk outside to the living area.

"Yeah." I nod. "They said the sooner we start, the faster I'll recover for the fight." Feeling my chest tightening at the thought of it.

"It's going to work." Steve says, hugging me. "You deserve this, Bucky."

— — —

"Hi, love." Ana hugs me. She looks beautiful with her hair up, a sundress and those bright eyes that make me groan.

"Hi." I kiss her head, trying to breathe normal. "Listen, I wanted to—"

"Actually, can we sit outside for a bit?" She cuts me off, grinning up at me. "It's just...it's a beautiful day." Shimmying her shoulders.

Something's off. I know it by she's fidgeting with her fingers, pulling at the skin around her nails.

"Yeah, baby." I nod, taking her hand. "It's such a beautiful day outside. Wouldn't want to miss it."

Her body presses against mine as we walk toward the garden, her hand shaking in mine making me feel nervous. But not nerves of the good ones, of the bad ones. I start to get scared that Steve or Natasha might have let slip that today I would ask her to be my wife today and that's why Ana is acting this way. Taking me to a quiet place where she can reject my proposal and we can talk later. I'm about to open my mouth and tell her I'm feeling tired when my eyes catch sight of the tablecloth-covered lawn. Bowls of chopped fruit, a basket with sandwiches inside and a blanket that I know is comfortable from experience.

I feel my smile form at the sight of the blueberries, remembering how we played with them the last time I was here with her.

The picnic is exactly the same as that day and, now that I realize it, the sky is painted by the same colors as when I promised her I would never leave her side.

"What's all this, love?" I smile, turning to her.

Her eyes are shining with tears but her grin makes me know they're happy ones. But, the way her cheeks flush and her hands begin to shake again when my eyes meet hers makes me want to puke.

She's knows.
She knows and she's going to say no.

How could I be so stupid thinking this is the time to ask her such an important thing? This is too soon!

"I wanna talk to you." Ana clears her throat. "Can we sit down?" Her eyes not meeting mine as she lowers herself to the grass.

She's definitely going to turn me down.
Oh, fuck, now I'm sweating.

Ana stays quiet for too long, making my own hands start shaking.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid Bucky.

"Okay." She whispers. "So I...wanted to tell—ask you something." Her shiny eyes meeting mine, making my heart swell.

"You're scaring me, baby." I whine, cupping her face. "Look, if you heard something, it's okay, I won't—"

"Just listen to me, love." Ana shakes her head, looking up at me with doe eyes, moving to sit on my lap with her arms wrapped around my neck. Her soft fingers running through my hair making me calm down. "Don't say anything until I'm finished, okay?"

I nod, pecking her lips and pulling her closer.

"Promise me." Her forehead pressed against mine.

"I promise." I swallow hard, the tip of our noses brushing against each other.

"There is not a day in which being with you has not made me feel loved." She starts, eyes fixed in mine. "You are the most beautiful, kind, strong man I know and being with you brings out the best version of me. You make me a better person, Bucky, and I want to continue growing as a person with you for as long as I live." The familiarity of her words bringing tears to my eyes. "I long to be with you forever. For you to be mine and only mine forever. To love you and with you." A tear rolling down her cheek making me smile. "For us to see and experience the most beautiful things in this world. To keep laughing with you. To keep living with you by my side." She grins. "And I know you can protect yourself but, I promise I will have your back and protect you with my life. I will fight alongside with you till the last of my days." I pull her closer, my nerves long gone at realizing what's happening. "I love you, Bucky. My heart, soul and body belong to you. And I don't want you to ever give them back to me." I feel a tear rolling down my cheek and her tiny hand cups my face. A huge grin in both of out faces. "So..." She takes a deep breath. "Would you make the worst mistake of your life and be my husband?"

I can't contain myself when I pull her even closer, cup the back of her head and kiss her fiercely. Her tiny gasp muffled by my lips as I kiss her with all the love I'm capable to give.

The salty taste of our tears making me smile against her lips before I pull back. "Are you asking me to be your husband without a ring?" Brushing the wild strands out of her face.

Her face falls and her skin pales before she realizes I'm joking and slaps my chest. "Is that a no?" Bottom lip jutting out.

I grin so hard, my face hurts before kissing her again. "It's a hell yes, love." Reaching for her ring in my pocket and, as soon as she looks at the velvety box in my hands, she starts to cry. "I'm mad you beat me up to it." Her breath hitches. "Mi daresti l'onore di essere chiamato tuo marito?" The italian rolling off my tongue perfectly.

Ana bursts into sobs, nodding her head. "Yesyesyesyes." Pushing me so I'm lying on the grass with her straddling my lap. "I love you so much, Bucky. You have no idea." Her words bringing tears back to my eyes as I slip the ring on her finger. "It's beautiful."

"I love you." I clear my throat from emotion, pulling her so she's lying on my chest.

"We're going to share anniversary with Veteran's Day now." She chuckles and I claim her lips again. "Oh and don't be so silly to think I don't have a ring for you." Her raised brow making me chuckle.

"Where is it?" I frown and sit up when she begins to stand up.

"You're gonna have to follow me and find out." Her eyes darkening with lust making my cock jump to life.

"You're such a tease." I jump to my feet, running after her and into the building.

Fuck, I'm so damn happy I could explode.

[Hostage- Billie Eilish]

I reach the door to my room, laughing at the dim light escaping from the tiny gap she left open before stepping inside and feeling my jaw drop to the floor.

I slam the door behind me, remembering to lock it before I stare down at my beautiful fiancée.

Ana's sitting on her legs in the middle of the bed. Her dress tossed on the floor, her hair down and what I suppose is my ring caught between her grinning teeth. Her doe eyes staring up at me as I walk to the bed and sit in front of her.

"Found it, baby." I tsk, taking it from her mouth and slipping it in my ring finger. It's perfect. "You made it so easy. How could I have missed it if you're the one who has it?" Pecking her cheek.

"My bad." She shrugs before wrapping her arms around my neck. "You won the game, now you get the price."

I touch her neck with my lips, my hands gripping her waist. "Oh, I'm curious now. What's the price?"

Ana climbs on my lap, burying her nose in my neck as I pull her closer. "This feels different." Her soft lips on my neck making me hiss.

"It is different, love." I tell her, cupping her face so her eyes meet mine.

"Why?" Her voice so small is barely a whisper.

"Because I'm going to make love to my fiancée." I say, watching her eyes fill with tears.

"I love you." Ana whispers against my lips, letting me savor every moment we've shared in the kiss.

My heart swells and beats faster as I pull her closer, lying her back on the bed with my arms still around her. Settling myself between her parted legs, holding myself up by my elbows as I kiss her.

"I love you." I whisper against her neck, sliding my hand down her back, between her shoulder blades to unclasp her bra. "You're mine."

The smile on her face so bright I almost need sunglasses. "I'm yours. Forever." Wrapping her arms around my neck as I toss her bra somewhere in the room.

I keep kissing her lips, following down the length of her throat, nibbling the skin of her collarbones before kissing her middle, my eyes on hers. "So beautiful." I rasp, cupping one breast with my warm hand as I wrap my lips around her nipple. A grin on my lips when her back lifts off the bed and her fingers pull on my hair.

"M-more." How can such a small word have so much power over me?

I nibble her sensitive nipple before I switch to the other one, enjoying the feeling of Ana's squirming body under mine.

"You, Bucky." She moans, her hands cupping my face to bring me up. "I want to feel you."

And I do as I'm told.

I reach take off my shirt in one swift move, throwing it somewhere in the room before I return to my woman, kissing her lips again as she reaches down to unbutton my jeans with desperate hands. Her hips bucking up and rolling against my already hardened length.

"Ana." I chuckle, taking her hand in mine as I get rid of my pants. "Let yourself enjoy this." And I kiss her lower stomach, smirking when her hips buck up.

"I am enjoying this." Her voice tight and needy. "But I would enjoy it more with you inside of me." Fingers running through my hair as I kiss her skin.

"Patience, love." I tsk, catching the hem of her panties between my teeth and pull the fabric down her legs until it falls to the floor.

"Please?" She grins, parting her legs and pulling me up.

"Such a fucking brat." I laugh as I shake my head, groaning at the feeling of her wet heat hovering mine. I lick her bottom lip, thrusting my tongue inside when she parts her lips for me, kissing her lovingly as I move my hips against hers.

"Yes..." Ana moans, wrapping her legs around my waist as I move against her. Her back arching off the bed and her nails scratching my back making me thrust harder and faster. "I need you inside of me, Bucky." I feel her hand cupping me outside my boxers and my sight blurs.

I manage to nod and one second later, she lowers my boxers and wraps her soft fingers around my cock, pumping it twice. "Fuck, baby." I hiss, thrusting against her hand once.

"So good." She whispers in my ear, aligning my tip with her entrance. "I'm yours." Her words coming out as breathy moans as she clenches around my tip.

"Mine." I kiss her cheek, thrusting inside of her slowly. "My wife." A groan slipping past my lips at the feeling of her walls sucking me.

"Oh, god." Ana's voice muffled by the skin on my neck. Her nose buried in my neck as I begin to move. "Not your wife yet, champ."

I'm inside of her and still she can't get rid of her brattiness.

I couldn't be more in love with her.

"You're going to be my wife." I hiss, pulling back and thrusting back with more force. "You." Thrust. "Are." Thrust. "Mine." Thrust.

"Yours." She slurs, kissing my lips as I find my pace. "Oh, I'm going to come." Clenching around me so hard it's almost impossible for me to move.

"I can feel it." I whisper in her ear, cupping her cheek. "Go ahead, love." And then I feel her body shake against mine, her head falling back against the pillow with my name coming out of her mouth as a groan.

"Fuck, love. You feel too good." I thrust two more times before I explode inside of her. My body shuddering and shaking against her as my orgasm drains the energy out of me. "Fuck..." I open my eyes to find her eyes on me. "What is it? Did I hurt you?" I pull out of her immediately, my eyes snapping up to hers when she tightens her legs around my waist, keeping me inside of her.

"You didn't hurt me." Ana shakes her head. "It's just I'm..." Her eyes shining with tears. "I'm so happy right now."

I smile, relieved. "I'm so happy, love." Kissing her cheek. "I love you, fiancée."

She laughs before shaking her head at me. "I love you, fiancé." Wrapping her arms around my neck as she sobs.

Mine forever.

A/n:
So, yeah we're engaged!
Just a few more to go😭
Thank you so so much for 275k reads! I love you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78K 2.9K 21
When SHIELD agent Y/N helped Captain America readjust to the modern world, she was full of optimism and hope. Then she saw the destruction and devast...
15K 331 24
I'm Y/n Rogers, Steve's little sister. Our parents took me in at a young age and I grew up with him. Even if we weren't blood, Steve and I were extre...
84.5K 2.8K 26
"I kneel into a dream where I am good and loved. I am loved. My hands have made some good mistakes. They can always make better ones." - Natalie Wee ...
69.1K 1.1K 58
Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for death. I met evil when I was only a chi...