The Rogue Princess // Aemond...

Από Catherine4560

Read as Daelys Targaryen, daughter of Rhaenyra and Daemon Targaryen, fights for the life she always wanted. S... Περισσότερα

◦•●◉✿Intro✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Characters✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Princess✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Strong Boys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Claiming Vhagar✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Faking Death✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Six Years Later✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Talking to everyone✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Helping Aegon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Duel✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Princess Daena✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Talk✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Death of Viserys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Missing✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Vhagar✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Jacaerys Velaryon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Aemma and Aemond✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Double Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Regent✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Dyanna Lannister✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Daelys and Aemond✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Desired Queen✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Making Plans✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿The Queen of Commons✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Caron Cole✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Wedding✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Meeting Baela✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Criston Cole✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Rescue✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Reunion✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Fears✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Daena and Jaehaerys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Fire✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Spies✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Maelor Targaryen✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Rhaena and Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Cannibal✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Leanor Velaryon✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿War council✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Driftmark✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Alyn and Addam✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿House Royce✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Blackwater Bay Battle✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle of Twins✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Highgarden Battle✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Viserys Targaryens✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle for Retaking Lannisport✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Battle Above the Gods Eye✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿One left✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Queen Daelys✿◉●•◦
◦•●◉✿Epilogue✿◉●•◦

◦•●◉✿Meeting Daemon✿◉●•◦

2.2K 59 1
Από Catherine4560

The next morning Daelys, Jace and Luke are in Rhaenyra's quarters as Harwin says goodbye to them. After the incident in the training yard, his father, Lyonel has decided that he should go back to his seat at Harrenhal.

"When we meet again you will be a man." Harwin whispers to Joffrey.

He looks up at Rhaenyra and places their foreheads together. Afterwards he says goodbye to the other three and leave.

"We can still write to him." Rhaenyra says to reassure Jace as he looks at Harwin, leaving.

"Is Harwin Strong really my father? Am I a bastard?" Jace asks bluntly.

Daelys looks at him then to her mother. She looks taken aback by the question. "As my son you are a Targaryen and that's all that matters." Rhaenyra finally answers.

The indirect answer implies that it is true. Jace looks stunned and reaches for his sister's hand. She holds his hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

Daelys is sitting under a tree reading a book when she feels someone sitting down beside her. She doesn't look up. She knows it's Aemond and continues to ignore him.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?" Aemond asks.

Daelys shuts the book and turns to him. "We might leave." She says finally.

Aemond's face falls. "Why?" He asks.

Daelys shakes her head. "After everything mother believes it will be wise to leave." She answers.

Tears come to Aemond's eyes. " I don't want you to." He says.

Daelys smiles sadly and places a hand on his cheek. "I know." She whispers. But there is only so much I can decide."

He nods sadly. "Can you promise me something?" He asks.

"What?" Daelys asks.

"Promise to come back to me when you can", Aemond whispers resting their foreheads together.

"Promise", Daelys answers without hesitation. "And do you promise that if I have any problem coming back to you, you will come to me?"

"Yes." Aemond answers immediately.

Daelys lies down so that her head is resting on Aemond's lap. He runs a hand through her hair. They don't say a word as a comfortable silence settles between them.

Daelys sits up again when she hears approaching footsteps. It's one of Rhaenyra's handmaidens. "Everyone is waiting for you, Princess." She tells her.

Daelys nods and she leaves. "Time to leave." She says turning to Aemond.

"See you again." He says.

It makes a smile appear on Daelys' face. "See you soon." She says instead.

Aemond smiles at her and they walk together to the dragon pit. She gives him a last wave before getting on Blaze and flying away with everyone else.

The court of Viserys has gathered at Driftmark for the funeral of Leana Velaryon. The child she was carrying had got stuck inside her and she could not have been saved. When the choice was given to Daemon to save his child by cutting Leana open, he had said no. Leana had decided to go to her dragon, Vhagar and ordered her to burn her.

Vaemond Velaryon, uncle of Laena Velaryon, is giving an eulogy in High Valyrian. He involves several pointed remarks about Velaryon blood remaining pure while glancing at Rhaenyra and her sons.

Daemon is somber at the funeral but can't help but giggle at Vaemond's pettiness. He earns a few glares from Viserys and Otto, who has been reinstated as Hand of King.

The ceremony ends with Laena's stone sarcophagus being dropped over a coastal cliff into the sea, to rest beside her ancestors.

Afterwards the court gathers at a cliffside courtyard of High Tide castle for the wake. It is filled with long awkward silence and some strained conversation.

The wake has forced Rhaenyra and Alicent's families to gather for the first time since Rhaenyra had moved away with her family from court. Daemon, with his daughters, had come back after a decade.

Finally Daelys walks over to Daemon. She has never met him before. Daemon turns his head when she approaches.

"So you are the only child not born of wedlock?" He asks.

Daelys smiles slightly. "Who says they are born of wedlock?" She remarks.

Daemon looks at her impressed. "Nobody says that as a reply." He says. His gaze then roams the crowd. "Do you know what they are talking about?" He asks Daelys gesturing to the few who are talking.

Daelys looks around. "Why should I tell you?" She asks.

Daemon smirks. "You are smart", he observes. Daelys shrugs. "But here, you can only talk to me openly. You also know this. So what are you going to do?"

Daelys takes a moment to consider. "You are not the only one I can talk to openly." Daelys retorts. "But... Jace and Mother are talking about Harwin. Luke and grandsire are talking about Driftmark. Your daughters are meeting their grandmother."

Daemon nods his head approvingly. "Are you really that cunt's daughter?" He asks.

Daelys smirks a little. "That seems to be a good question sometimes, doesn't it?" She asks.

"You continue to amaze me", Daemon says. "You know how to handle a situation and you are courageous enough to come talk to me alone."

Daelys shrugs. "Without courage one cannot survive the court of Queen Alicent."

"And smart." Daemon adds to his list. While they had been talking Aemond's eyes had been on them. Daemon has noticed this. "Who is that?" He asks.

Daelys looks where Daemon pointed. Her eyes meet Aemond's for a second before he looks away. "Prince Aemond Targaryen, second son of King Viserys Targaryen", Daelys answers.

"Then why is he looking at you?" Daemon asks.

Daelys sighs. "We are betrothed." She replies.

Daemon shakes his head. "That's not all though." He observes.

"You are observant", Daelys says just as Daemon had. Daemon smirks, understanding what she did. "And yes there is more."

"Care to explain?" Daemon asks.

But Daelys shakes his head. "I do not know you", she replies.

Daemon nods approvingly. "As I said smart."

There conversation is interrupted when they see Corlys Velaryon, Leana's father, tell something to Qarl and then push him towards the steps.

Daelys had been standing near the edge and she looks down to see Leanor standing in the water. She knows Leanor is not her father but he had never treated her otherwise. She is saddened to see his state.

"Lovers?" Daemon asks her.

Daelys looks at Daemon angrily. "He is my father." Daelys points out.

Daemon shrugs. "We both know he is not."

Daelys considers Daemon for a minute. "Yes we both do." She says. "And yes they are."

Daemon thinks about something for a minute. "Whose daughter are you?" He asks.

"Princess Rhaenyra's", Daelys replies smirking. Daemon looks impressed by her answer.

"Who is your father?" Daemon asks again, this time careful of what he says.

"I would believe someone like you would know the answer." Daelys answers. "Anyone with brains can figure it out."

Daemon shakes his head. "For once no I don't know. But it must be someone who resembles Targaryens."

"I would hope so." Daelys remarks looking at Daemon pointedly.

Daemon's eyebrows furrow slightly seeing the gesture before his eyes widen in realisation. "I believe you know now why I wanted to talk to you?" Daelys remarks.

Daemon looks at Daelys in new light. "Yes." He answers. Then he smiles at her. "It is quite a feat to make me speechless."

Daelys shrugs. "It's not that hard." She remarks. "I figured it out within a minute."

Daemon smirks. "You got all the good things then."

"Maybe." Daelys shrugs. "Doesn't mean nobody whispers behind my back."

"What do they whisper?" Daemon asks slightly angrily.

"That I am your daughter." Daelys answers. "No one seems to be able to believe that my mother has a true born child."

"When you marry someone like that nobody can." Daemon observes. "Anything else?"

Daelys laughs lowly. "My name doesn't help me." She replies. "Because I never listen to anyone they call me 'The Rogue Princess'."

Daemon can't help but laugh too. "They named you rightly then."

Daelys smirks and looks around to see Rhaenyra observing them. "Mother is looking at us."

Daemon also looks. "That happens to be the reaction of every mother when their child talks to me."

"Be that as it may I have others to talk to." Daelys says.

"Your secret lover?" Daemon asks gesturing to Aemond. Daelys doesn't reply, just moves away.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

10.8K 295 6
The dragon twins were burdened with the rage of the fourteen flames, when they waged their war they unleashed their unrelenting fury on the realm, ca...
1M 39.9K 122
❝𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝.❞ History will speak of how much ruin the Targaryen civil war brought to Westeros ju...
126K 3.6K 38
"𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈" "𝒜𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹" 𝒜𝒹𝒾𝓇𝒶 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝓂𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒 -ℑ𝔱 𝔴�...
64K 1.9K 14
The second daughter of King Viserys Ⅰ Targaryen and Queen Aemma Targaryen, Princess Daella Ⅱ Targaryen, was born just four years before the tragic de...