Fading Through Memories

By marvelscs

|Mature Content| This story takes place a few months after Avengers: Age of Ultron. (2016) Bruce Banner never... More

|Warnings|
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25| +18
26
27
28|tw
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36|+18
37
38|+18
39
40
41
42
43
44| +18
45|+18
46
47
48
49
50|+18
51
52
53
54
55
56| +18
57
58|+18
59
60
61|+18
62| +18
63
64
65
66
67| +18
68
69
70
71
72
73| +18
74
75
76
77
78
79| +18
80|+18
82|+18
83|+18
84
85
86|+18
Epilogue
extra|+18

81

735 20 11
By marvelscs

Ana's Pov

It's fucking 6am and I'm up, with puffy eyes and training clothes walking to the training wing for my first day training for the fight.

Bucky got up early because he's got a mission later this morning and still has to make his 3 hour training. That and he loves to train early.

When I get there, Clint tells me Wanda is going to be my training partner because I have to learn how to fight against someone who has similar abilities so I know how to defeat those cocky aliens.

Wanda and Vision got here yesterday at night. Her puffy red eyes letting me know they've been fighting and she had been crying.

Probably hating Vision for making us all promise that if Thanos gets to him, we'll have to kill him and destroy the stone.

Thankfully the time stone is safe with us.

For now.

I smile at the sight of Ale and Sam playing 'Who Lifts More'. Ale winning obviously because of her strength.

Nat and Steve are sparing at the mat zone and when she hooks her leg around Steve's and brings him down to the floor with her on top of him, he grabs her face and pulls her to a sweet kiss before grinning into her mouth. "You're amazing." Steve whispers and Natasha shuts him up by slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Get up." Natasha chuckles. "Let me kick your ass again."

I grin and dodge the energy ball Wanda throws at me, throwing one of my own under her feet so when It explodes, she falls to the ground on her butt. "I need five." Laying back on the cold floor.

I nod. "Make it ten." Laughing when she thanks god as I make my way to the boxing ring.

My heart racing at the sight of my sweaty boyfriend throwing punches and dodging kicks. He's sparing against Loki?

Yup. That's definitely him.

He's got his hair tied into a low bun that reminds me of when Bucky had long hair.

Sigh.

His metal arm rattles against Loki's boxing gloves, knocking him back on impact. Sweat pouring down his forehead as Loki wears an almost proud smile on his lips.

The mere view of Bucky training makes my heart beat somewhere else besides my chest.

"Hola." Ale scares me, laughing hard when I press my hands over my chest. "Enjoying the view? Because I am."

I can feel Ale's emotions confuse, but I can also feel her attraction to Loki. You don't have to have my powers to realize that these two have something going on but, as always, I'll wait for her to tell me.

I turn to look at her, a delighted smile on my lips as her eyes begin to sparkle.

"I can see that." I chuckle, patting her shoulder. "How was training with Sam?"

"Beat his ass—ow!" Ace winces at the sound of Loki's fist connecting with Bucky's chest.

"Okay that one wasn't fair." I wince, covering my mouth when Loki kicks Bucky on his side, making him stumble back and groan.

"It wasn't but, you know Thanos is not going to
go easy on them, right? Neither on us. Jeez." Ale sighs, cracking her knuckles.

Now I'm worried. And she notices, elbowing me on the ribs.

"What? Scared he might crack your old man's skillful hip?" She laughs. Out loud. "Don't worry. There are many hip replacements that make it feel like it never bro—"

"Ugh, don't say it like that." I cringe.

"Like what? Skillful? Wait, I thought you told me he can—"

"No! I meant the 'old man's' part. You're making it sound like he's my dad or something." I cringe again, gagging at the thought.

"Well, he's one hundred something years old. He could be your dad or your grandpa—Oh my god." Ale bursts out laughing.

"Stop! That's disgusting." I slap her forearm repeatedly, shaking my head.

"What's disgusting?" His voice makes me and Ale go silent.

His hands running through his straight black locks, his green eyes boring into Ale's. A cocky smirk on his lips.

"Nothing." I answer, raising an eyebrow when they keep staring at each other.

"I didn't know you were that good at tackling my best friend's boyfriend." Ale straightens up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You underestimate me, Darling." Loki chuckle's cockily, making my eyes widen at the nickname.

"I'm sorry—Am I interrupting?" I clear my throat. But they're already talking about another thing.

"Did I miss something?" I whisper mostly to myself but then, I feel familiar warm and cold hands sliding up my back before wrapping around my waist.

"You missed the whole season, Love." Bucky whispers against the shell of my ear, making goosebumps rise all over my skin.

"What? When did that happen?" I frown.

"You're blind." He kisses my neck, then whispers: "I'll explain it to you when you're older."

"Shut up." I chuckle, turning to bury my face against his chest as Bucky sneaks his hands under my training top.

"Meloso!" Ale shouts, making me jerk back.

"I don't like her." Bucky repeats, sighing against my hair. "I really really don't."

"When are you leaving?" I sigh, burying nose in his neck.

"In an hour. I came to tell you." His metal fingers running through my hair.

"Do you have to go?" I whine, nibbling his chin.

Bucky grins. "Yes, love. I'll come back before you notice I was gone." Chuckling at my pout. "It's just some routine mission."

"With Sam?" I laugh, staring up at his frustrated face.

"Yep." Popping the 'P.'

"Good luck, love." I whisper, kissing his cheek. "Come back to me."

"Always." Bucky kisses my forehead, then my cheek and finally my lips before he turns around and leaves the room.

"Ana!" I hear Wanda shout and I turn to her cracking her knuckles. "I'm ready!"

I smirk, flying my way to her. "Let's do this, red."
— — —

"Space Stone." I type on my computer. "Infinity stone previously guarded and protected by the tesseract. Whoever yields it will have the power to control—" My door clicks open and I close my laptop instinctively.

"Love." Bucky walks in, throwing his duffel bag on the floor and trying to massage his own neck.

"Hi!" I stumble out of bed, running to him.

"Hey." Bucky huffs as I jump into his arms, making him stumble back while I wrap my legs around his waist. "How was your day?"

"Boring. How was yours?" I bury my face in the crook of his neck. I love how he smells. "I missed you."

"Mine was a nightmare." Bucky kisses the top of my head, walking towards my bed. "I missed you too, baby."

Bucky drops me onto the bed, resting his cheek on my chest as he settles between my legs. My hands run through his longer locks as he tells me about his day, being a little too grumpy when he mentions that he had to be stuck with Sam all day.

"He did not say that." I chuckle, tucking his hair behind his ears before massaging his tense back.

"He did and, he laughed!" Bucky scoffs, burying his face on my chest. "I've been looking forward to this moment all day."

"You must be tired." I whisper, kissing the top of his head as my fingers braid his hair messily. "Let's get you out of this suit, yes?"

Bucky's head shoots up, his eyes locking with mine as his lips form one of those smiles that makes my stomach flip.

"I just got here and you already want to get me naked?" He props up on his elbows, crawling closer to me. "I never expected that from you, Signorina Sabella." His hands sliding under my shirt.

"You know I didn't mean it like that, Sergeant Barnes." I laugh, cupping his face as he nuzzles my chest.

"No?" His cocky tone making my heart
pound "You didn't?" Whispering against my neck.

He rolls my shirt up to my waist as his hands caress my abdomen possessively, matching the touch of his lips on my neck.

"I didn't..." I chuckle, arching my body at his touch.

"Mhm." Bucky smirks, pulling back just to get rid of his top. "You sure didn't."

"Non l'ho fatto." My eyes meet his, challenging him.
(I didn't.)

"Let me show you just how much you meant it." He falls on top of me again, making me huff out a chuckle. "?" Freeing me from my shirt when I nodded.
(Yeah?)

"Damn, Barnes, you sure know how to treat a lady right." My heart skips a beat before my eyes widen. "Apparently, you're not afraid of anything either." Nodding at the wide open door.

Bucky pulls his hands away from my body, letting out an irritated sigh as I smile. "Again with the open door, love?" My lips not moving and Bucky's either. "My bad, baby."

"Hi Banana, I didn't know you already had this shift booked." Ale shakes her head playfully.

"Not her again..." Bucky sighs, burying his face on my chest.

"Now I know why you're so hung up on him." Ale's eyes roam over Bucky's figure before she winks at me.

"Ale." I warn her, running my fingers through Bucky's hair.

"Oh, I'm sorry, we're you about to get it on?" She leans against the door frame with her arms crossed over her chest, making my cheeks go red.

"I'm not in the mood for your jokes, Sanz." Bucky groans, lifting his face from my chest to meet Ale's eyes.

"Who said I was joking?" Ale shrugs. "I booked this shift with your lovely girlfriend. Was I supposed to know that you guys were about to bonk?"

"Ale! Oh my god!" I hide my face between my hands, feeling blood rush to my ears.

"Booked this shift—What are you talking about?" Bucky sighs, sitting up in the bed.

"Well, we were supposed to get ready together." Ale wiggles her eyebrows at Bucky, making his jaw clench. "Clearly she had other plans that included playing hide the zucchini with you."

"You're so funny, you know that?" Bucky rolls his eyes, kissing the top of my head when I begin to pray to disappear. "You're going out, Doll?"

"Yes. Yesterday we agreed with Wanda's friends to go to a club. I haven't seen them since...you know." I wince because I forgot to tell him. I forgot we were doing that at all.

"She's mine for today, Cyborg." Ale wiggles her eyebrows, pushing herself from the door frame.

"I do not like her." Bucky groans, letting his head fall on my chest again.

"Aww, good to know is mutual, Tin-Man." She smiles sarcastically, making Bucky stand up.

"Bucky." I say, grabbing his wrist. "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. I promise." Kissing the palm of his hand.

"It's fine, love." He smiles.

"She's definitely going to enjoy her two scoop ice cone when she gets back." Ale teases. "Now go away. She is in good hands, she's with me."

"Those two phrases don't go in the same sentence when it comes to you." Bucky stares down at Ale, making me chuckle.

"Be careful." Bucky tells me as I hand him his top. "Come back to me, yes?" Kissing my lips quickly but lovingly.

"Always do." I nod, pecking his chest.

"You guys are so sweet I might get diabetes." Ale gags, waving her hand goodbye as Bucky leaves.

"You're the worst." I laugh, slapping her arm.

"How was I supposed to know you were about to shag?!" Ale burst out laughing, flopping down on my bed.

— — —

"Yeah but remember, those are the ones that hurt when you stand for too long." I shout, finishing with my mascara and curling my eyelashes.

"Fuck, you're right." Ale groans, yanking her dress down where it rides up her thighs. "What if I go barefoot?"

"Luca will take pictures of your feet." Wanda chuckles, tying her long red hair in a ponytail. "And make fun of your chubby toes."

"They're not chubby." Ale gasps.

"They are." Wanda and I say at the same time before laughing.

"I'm done." I sigh, looking at my reflection and smiling at the result. My long black dress clinging to my body and keeping me warm from the cold weather.

It's missing something.

"Are you almost done, Sanz?" Wanda groans, laying back down on the bed as Ale runs from the bathroom to the closet and to the bathroom again.

"Five minutes. I promise." She shouts.

Wanda groans in surrender and I sit next to her. "I'll be back in a second." I kiss her forehead, grinning when she thinks, "Yeah, a second."
— — —

I open the door slowly and just enough to peek inside to check if he's sleeping, grinning when I find him reading the book I gave him.

I step inside on my tiptoes, taking advantage of him being distracted and consumed by his book as I walk to his closet.

I hear a groan. "My fucking—" And then there are hands gripping my hips and pulling me backwards. "What the fuck are you trying to do to me, baby?" Bucky whispers in my neck as he places me in his lap.

"I needed something from your closet." I shrug, wiggling my ass and smiling when he groans.

"Such a fucking brat." His tone is gentle, matching the touch of his lips on my nape. "What do you need from my closet, love?"

I swallow back a moan when his lips close around my earlobe. "I left the necklace Natasha gave me here." Feeling him grow under me.

"Go grab it then." Bucky lets go off me and I can't keep the whine from coming out of my mouth as I walk to his closet again, opening the first drawer that's mine and grabbing the gold chain.

"Help me?" I turn to him.

"Of course." He nods, running his hands down my back until they reach just under my ass. "Sit." Patting his thick thighs covered in gray sweatpants. "Done." Kissing my neck when he finishes putting the necklace on.

"Thank you." I turn to face him, kissing his lips sweetly, chuckling when he tries to deepen it. "This makeup took half an hour. I'm not letting you smudge it, love." Kissing his neck.

"Do you have to go to this?" Bucky groans, reaching for the hem of his cotton shirt. Muscles tightening before I stop him.

"Play fair." I warn him. "I'll be back in no time and make it up to you, baby. I promise." Nibbling his chin. "They're waiting for me." Standing up.

"Be safe." His serious tone making me nod. "Call me if you need anything. I mean it, love."

"I know." I nod. "I will."

"I love you." Bucky tells me and my heart swells.

"I love you." Closing the door behind me.

— — —

"Alana. Lana for you guys." Luca's girlfriend introduces herself. Her jet black straight hair and amber gold like eyes shining under the light of the bar. "Nice to meet you."

Something is off.

Her bright smile seems fake but I greet her and introduce myself politely, happy for Luca. "Hi, I'm Ana."

"I know." Alana grins. "I've heard so much about you."

"She's pretty popular." Ale chirps in. "Ale Sanz." Stretching her hand for Alana to shake it.

"Aaand you already know Wanda." Luca says, his eyes sparkling when he stares at Alana.

In love.

"Of course." She smiles again, hugging Wanda. "It's nice to see you around again." Her fake tone making me uncomfortable.

"Let's order some shots." Ale nudges me in the ribs, calling the bartender and obviously noticing my concern. "You okay?"

I nod. "Probably just being paranoid."

— — —

"Mamaaa ooooh." Luca sings off-key, making everyone at the bar burst out laughing. "Didn't mean to make you cry!"

"If I'm not back again this time tomorrow," Wanda follows him. "Carry on, carry on!" They both grab the mic.

"As if nothing really matters..." Luca ends with a mic drop, making me almost pee from laughing.

"This is the best shit I've ever seen!" Ale cackles, wiping under her eyes as Luca and Wanda approach us.

I clap. "That was amazing, you guys!" Hugging Wanda.

"They didn't let us finish the song." Luca whines drunkenly, kissing Alana's cheek.

She doesn't seem very happy.

"Can't imagine why was that." Her jaw tight as she shrugs Luca off herself.

"You were amazing." I tell Luca, handing him a glass of water and chuckling at his rosy cheeks.

"It's getting late, guys." Wanda says, gathering her things. "We better get going or we're not going to wake up tomorrow for training." Stumbling some as Ale helps her down.

"Right." I nod. "I just need to pee."

"I don't want you to go alone." Ale frowns, helping Wanda stand up with one arm and Luca with the other.

"It's fine, it'll just take one—"

"I'll come with." Alana grins, walking next to me.

"We'll wait for you outside, hon." Wanda burps and I laugh as I walk to the small bathroom, letting Alana go first and then I do my thing.

When I step out to wash my hands, she's fixing her lipstick.

"You're so kind, no?" Her eyes meet mine through the mirror.

"What?" I frown.

"You had to come back and ruin it all with your 'Kindness.'" Making air quotes.

"I don't understand. Have I offended you in some way?" My blood boiling at her attitude.

"You're so kind, so pretty, so perfect." Alana steps closer. "I don't buy it. It's pure bullshit and we were all better off without you." Backing me into the wall. "I was happy with him until you decided to show up again. He was happy with me—He even had stopped crying over you!" Shoving my shoulder. "It was so easier when you were dead. We were all so happy and you had to ruin it." Backing off and leaving the room.

Leaving me with unshed tears in my eyes and a racing heart.

— — —

I don't bother to go to my room so, I go straight to Bucky's, knowing his mere presence will make me feel better.

He's still reading that old book I gifted him. His hair a mess and his face as beautiful as ever. Eyes shining when they meet mine and he show's me that smile that makes my day better.

I smile back at him and reach for the hem of my dress as I walk to the bathroom, getting rid of it as I turn on the hot water. Slipping my panties down my legs as the room blurs.

"Love?" Bucky calls from outside the bathroom. "Did you have fun?"

I sniff, remembering all those hurtful words Alana said as I walk under the spray of water and think how they might be true.

"Baby?" I curse when I hear his voice closer, having forgotten to answer him.

"Yes, I'm fine!" I wince.

Wrong answer, you dumbass.

He's at the door in less than two seconds, entering the bathroom and staring at my face.

"Talk to me." Bucky's soft voice makes my chin wobble. "Oh, fuck. What the hell happened?" Getting rid of his clothes and getting into the shower with me. "What's wrong? Did you have a bad night?"

I shake my head and then nod. "It was fun at first but then..." I sob. "Luca's got a girlfriend. He introduced us and she seemed nice at first but then she started talking." Pressing my cheek to his chest.

"What did she say?" He asks as he pours some shampoo on his hand.

"I got up to go to the bathroom and she followed. It seemed normal because that's a thing we girls do but then she...she shut the door and started yelling and saying some hurtful stuff at me." I blurt out, pulling his body closer to mine before I feel him stiffen.

"What kind of stuff? What did she say, An?" Bucky's tone cold as Ice matching the blue of his eyes.

I stay silent for a second or two, clearing my throat and relaxing at the feeling of his fingers massaging my scalp before tears blur my sight.

"Was it easier for you when I was gone?" I whisper, drawing shapes in his chest. "For the team? Was it simpler? Were you happier?"

His jaw clenches as he rinses his hands silently, eyes lost somewhere.

"I'm sorry." I shake my head. "Are you mad?" Running my nose up the length of his throat.

"Yes." He says and my heart drops. "It pisses off that you even think those are valid questions."

"Have I not made myself clear when I say I love you?" Bucky's harsh tone making me swallow hard. "You're the most important thing in my life, An. I was destroyed when I lost you. I drank and trained until I couldn't stand up anymore just to be able to sleep because I couldn't do it without your leg wrapped around my waist or your nose buried in my neck." Cupping my face. "I couldn't dream of anything or anyone that wasn't you." Tangling his fingers through the hair at my nape, pulling until my eyes meet his. "I won't live without you. I can't."

"I know. I'm sorry." I sob.

"Don't ask stupid questions, Ana." He groans. "I love you with all my fucking being. I belong to you. You own me. Every fucking part and piece of myself, you own it." Kissing my neck. "So, no, it was a fucking nightmare when you were gone."

"I understand. I love you." Pulling him closer. "She just...she seemed so sure about it." I sniff.

"Who the fuck is this fucker?" Bucky groans, kissing my head. "Let's pray I don't meet her because If I see her I'm going to—"

"Bucky." I grin, feeling aroused at his protectiveness. "Shut up and let me make it up to you." Wrapping my fingers around him and laughing when he groans.

"Fuck." His metal hand slamming against the wall behind me, holding his weight as he leans into it. "So worth it." The beginning of that smirk I love so much, growing on his lips.

A/n:
Just a few more chapters, y'all 😭
Sorry if I post late, I'm in my final exams and have no time.
Thank you for 273k reads<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 6.6K 39
𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 π’‘π’‚π’“π’•π’š π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ 𝑨𝑡𝑫 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅-π’˜π’π’“π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’π’Žπ’‚π’. LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER. Charlie, also known as the jet-setter and...
180K 5.2K 68
"Have you ever turned Winter Soldier mode during sexual intercourse?" "No... God, just another thing to worry about." "I wouldn't worry, some chicks...
13.9K 450 33
The daughter of Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, and Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, is tragically kidnapped by HYDRA, a shadowy organi...
77.9K 1.8K 20
He's the one you love but you can't have him. That only makes you want him more y/n and Bucky Barnes have always been best friends. You've always bee...