Prince Charming Lives NextDoor

By virgopenguin

"Do you ever wish you had a second chance to meet someone again for the first time. . ." * * * Ava Rose and L... More

Chapter 1: Ball Preperations
Author's Note
Chapter 2: Apologizes and What Ifs
Chapter 3: A Brunette In A Baby Blue Dress
Chapter 4: A Dance With Mystery Man
Chapter 5: Something Like Cinderella
Chapter 6: A Second Unknown Encounter
Chapter 7: Moving Day, Breakfast, And A Girl
Chapter 8: Spiders, Clowns, And Ken Dolls
Chapter 9: Crushing Egos With My Bike
Chapter 10: A Painful First Impression
Chapter 11: A Cheerios Murderer With A Hose
Chapter 12: Surprise Dinner With The Ross'
Chapter 13: Playing Footsie And Making A Bet
Chapter 14: Save It For The Judge, Liam Ross!
Chapter 15: So Call Me Maybe
Chapter 16: I Don't Have Mental Problems
Chapter 17: My Cheerios, Not Yours
Chapter 18: Legends, Threats, and Ditching
Chapter 19: My Pretend Boyfriend And An Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 20: We're Running From Plastic
Chapter 21: Mr. Psychic Pants Can Tell The Future
Chapter 22: His Confession
Chapter 23: One Heck Of A Birthday Surprise
Q & A Time
Chapter 24: Secrets, and an Unwelcomed Surprise
Chapter 25: A Good Day Gone Bad
Chapter 26 Part 1: Drama, Complications, And The Truth
Chapter 26 Part 2: Misinterpretations, and A Confession I Wasn't Expecting
Chapter 27: I Think We're Going To Be Best Friends
Chapter 28: I'll Do Anything... Just Keep Her Out Of It
Chapter 29: She Comes In with a Big Bang
Chapter 30: When the Crowd Goes Wild
Chapter 31: An Act Gone Too Far
Chapter 32: Haven't You Helped Enough
Chapter 33: Okay's and Trust Me's Are Reassuring
Chapter 34: Star Gazing, A Kiss, And An I Love You
Chapter 35: A Magician Never Reveals His Secrets
Chapter 36 Pt. 2: I Knew Him All Along
Chapter 36 Pt. 3: You Should've Warned Me
Chapter 37: Broken Hearts And Scars
Chapter 38: I'll Never Be Able To Live This Down
Chapter 39: The Goodbye Kiss
Epilogue

Chapter 36 Pt. 1: Insecurities and Weaknesses

212 8 2
By virgopenguin

Hey everyone!! Here's Chapter 36 Part 1!

Hope you like it!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ava's P.O.V.

I had accepted Liam's apology right away after he had sat down in the desk next to mine on Tuesday. He had tried explaining to me in a simple manner of what had happened; but, I didn't need it. I understood and trusted him enough to know that he just needed to talk to her in private. But the fact of him being overwhelmed with guilt that I couldn't suppress was the absolute downside of not telling him I knew about Kaylee's devious plan.

Then, for some unknown reason, once Friday - today - came around with the Seasonal Dance, that's when Liam's actions were coming way out of the blue.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't go to the Dance." I gazed at Liam's reflection as I stood in front of the mirror hanging behind my bedroom door - a dress in hand. It was already eight o'clock and Amy promised to pick me up around nine-ish which gives me about an hour to get ready. The main problems of right now were finding a dress and knowing what the heck was up with Liam.

"Why don't you just stay home and we can have our own dance party," he suggested casually, placing both hands beneath his head on my pillow.

"As much as your idea sounds appealing to me, I promised Amy I'd go, and I don't break promises." I observed myself in the mirror imagining what I would look like in the dress. The dress was strapless and was a light shade of violet with a sparkly bodice. It wasn't the usual type of color I'd wear for a dress, but as of right now, anything would have to do.

"You look better in blue."

I turned my attention away from the mirror and over to Liam. "What?"

He jutted his head over to the violet dress I was holding. "Purple isn't really your color," he blatantly stated as if it was the most common thing anyone said in the world.

"Is that supposed to be insulting? And F.Y.I., the color is actually violet."

Liam sat up in my bed in reaction to my statement. He swung his legs off my bed so the bottom of his shoes were now flat on the floor. Shaking his head, a scowl formed on his face. "No...Fuck no. Ava, you look good in anything. And trust me when I say anything. I'm just putting in my opinion that you should wear a blue dress instead of a purple one." Liam ran his fingers through his hair making it tousled in a cute way. "It's just that blue really brings out the natural highlights in your hair."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "How do you know what I look like in a blue dress?"

The moment Liam glanced away from me, I knew that he was hiding something. "What are you hiding, Liam?" I walked over to my closet and hung the violet dress on a hanger. Afterwards, I took a seat on my bed, next to him.

"I'm just worried that Kaylee might try something. You know..." Liam sighed, running his hands over his face wearily. "After what she did at the diner...I don't know. With me not there at the dance, she can do anything." He paused as if wondering if he should continue. "And if something does happen, who's going to be there to protect you."

I took hold of Liam's hand and squeezed it. "You don't need to worry about me. I can fight my own battles, you know."

"But that's the problem, Ava." He pulled his hand away from mine, unraveling them. "Kaylee doesn't let anyone win. Whatever you do, she will always try to come out on top."

Pursing my lips together, I bumped my shoulder against his. "Maybe you should go to the dance and be my Knight in Shining Armor."

Liam looked over at me, a slight smile on his face. "You know how insecure I am about my dancing."

"Well, maybe we can both make a fool out of ourselves," I commented, lighting up the air around us.

My response caused a low chuckle to leave Liam's lips. "Maybe..."

"That's the spirit!" I patted his shoulder, then, bounded over to my closet, swinging it open. I tapped my chin with my index finger. "Hmm...What dress should I wear?"

"How about the dark blue one?" Liam said from behind me.

I took the dress out of my closet and turned, showing it to him. "This one?" The dress was a shade of navy blue with flowers patterned out here and there. Its bodice had leaf sparkles and from the waist down, the rest of the dress was in ruffled layers.

"Yeah." Liam leaned back on my bed having his elbows prop himself up. His actions causing the white fitted shirt he was wearing to ride up his stomach, putting on show the bottom portion of his six pack.

I gulped, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks. Spinning back around so I was now facing my closet, I closed my eyes and let out a muted exhale. Reopening my eyes, I removed the strapless navy blue sparkling dress from its hanger. "Umm...Liam? Can you leave the room for a sec, so I can change?" My eyes squeezed shut at how breathy my voice sounded.

"Sure." The squeaking of my bed was all I needed to hear to know that Liam was following my request.

Once my bedroom door closed, I faced back to my bed and laid the blue dress flat on my bed.

I gazed at myself in the mirror from where I stood.

'Tonight's going to be one freaking hell of a night.'

* * * * *

"You sure you don't want to come to the Dance?"

Liam looked at me and gave a half smile. "I guess. . .it's not really my scene."

We were both sitting on the porch swing outside my house, waiting for Amy. He decided to stay and keep me company until Amy showed to pick me up. His words in objection to mine in telling him I was okay in being alone: "A beautiful girl like you shouldn't be left alone." A million butterflies to set off in my stomach at that moment when he said it. 'How could only a few words effect a person so much?'

The feeling of uneasiness has been settling in lately, even though I sometimes don't acknowledge it.

'Is it even possible to almost love someone in just a few months?' That annoying question has been bugging me ever since the day he had confessed he thinks he loves me. I didn't know what to say to that, then and now. 'What was I supposed to say?' All of this could just be some fling that we're taking too seriously. Or, it could be just a dream and I'm actually in a coma, instead.

Suddenly, a chilly breeze swept by causing goosebumps to rise on my arms. My began teeth chattered quietly.

From the quick glance I felt thrown my way, I knew Liam noticed my silent movement. "Here." He got up from the swing and slid off the black hoodie he was wearing.

I immediately shook my head. "No, you keep it. You're going to be cold."

He gazed me with a baffled expression. "Now what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't let you borrow my jacket." Liam reached around me and covered my shoulders with his jacket. The smell of his intoxicating cologne surrounded me causing my heart to skip a beat.

He sat right back down on the swing and pulled me closer to his side. His body warmth sinking more heat into the hoodie. I smiled and moved a little closer until our sides were touching.

"You look gorgeous in the dress, by the way."

I lifted my head off his chest. "Thanks."

Liam eyed me for a moment before looking out to the peaceful neighborhood view before us. "God. How much I would like it to stay like this forever..."

I let out a relaxed sigh. "Yeah..."

But, I guess everything has to end at some point because the second I began thinking of changing my mind in going to the Dance, a loud honk of a car's horn startled the both of us. We looked over to the familiar car that stopped and parked on my driveway.

The drivers door window rolled down, revealing a very well dressed Amy. "Hurry up, girly. It's past nine," she yelled from inside the car.

I stood up, drawing away from Liam's comforting gesture. "I guess that's my cue."

Liam got up from the swing, also, and nodded his head. "I guess it is."

I studied him for a second before flashing one last final smile. Turning, I was about to make my way to Amy's car until a hand gently grasped onto my wrist and spun me around. Soft - yet rough - lips met mine in a tender passionate kiss.

Though, before I was able to react, he pulled away. Liam cupped my face in both his hands. "Bye, Ava."

I gazed into his shining blue-grey eyes. "Bye, Liam."

However, after leaving Liam a few minutes later, I couldn't help the feeling that that goodbye held more than one meaning.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There's chapter 36 Part 1!!

How was it? Does anyone want to guess what's going to happen??? Predictions?

Anyways, thanks for reading!!

Please vote, comment, follow! :)

Bye, you RAVISHING people!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.2K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
744K 2.7K 67
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
997K 22.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...