Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 67: "Always."

14.8K 626 136
By Posh777

-Ava's POV-

I feel faint, the flashes blinding me as I keep a firm grip on the hand holding mine.

"Let us through.. Can you step back mate?" Harry's voice is strained as he tries to remain calm. "Seriously, just give us some space alright?"

One hand is pressed to the small of my back as he pushes us through the small crowd outside the venue.

"Are you daft? He said back off!" Ed raises his voice, clearing a path ahead of us.

"You alright?.. Ava, you alright?" Harry's voice catches my attention as another flash goes off.

I nod, trying to focus on my breathing as someone grabs my arm.

"Don't fucking tough her!" Harry snaps, pulling me towards him. "You have any bloody respect at all?! She's in labor for christ's sake!"

His arm moves protectively around me as a few members of security finally make it to us, shielding us from the crowd as we head towards Harry's car.

The back door is pulled open and I'm helped inside before Harry slides in next to me. Ed jumps into the drivers seat, yelling at security to get the paps away from the front of the car.

I feel a small sense of relief as the car starts to move, Harry's hand giving mine a squeeze.

"Love, you alright?"

I nod again, my eyes shooting to look out the window. "How far are we from the hospital?"

"Ava." Harry grips my chin gently, turning my head so I'm looking at him. "Are you alright?"

"I.. I'm only at thirty six weeks."

He sucks his lips into his mouth, nodding as he looks over my face. "It's fine. Little early is all. She'll be fine... She'll be fine."

I try to look away from him but he doesn't let me. "Av.. Look at me."

Our eyes lock and he gives me a small smile, "Don't upset yourself over that.. Bout to have our baby love. Bout to meet our little girl."

I swallow, my throat feeling overly dry as a kiss is pressed to the side of my head.

"How far away are we?" I ask, trying to read any street signs we pass.

"Be there before you know it. Look at me Ava."

My eyes once again meet Harry's intense gaze as he pushes a strand of hair out of my face. "We haven't even decided on a name have we?"

"A name? What?" I shake my head.

"Yeah. A name. Which ones do you fancy?"

"I don't..." I close my eyes a few times. "I don't know Harry. I can't think about that right now, I'm..."

"Got a whole list in my journal." He cuts me off. "Just jotted one down whenever I thought of it. Have marked quite a few out, but there's some good ones left I think."

"You what?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Baby girl names. You have any favorites?" His eyes stayed locked on mine.

"I.. I don't know Harry. I..."

"Quite like Harriet."

"Harriet?" I cringe, causing Harry to chuckle.

"Has a nice ring to it."

"We are not naming our baby Harriet."

"Think it's worth considering."

"It's horrible."

"Nah..." He shakes his head slightly, "Sounds lovely."

"Never gonna happen."

"We're here." Ed speaks up from the front seat.

My eyes glance out the window, seeing the hospital sign.

"Right, Harriet is wretched isn't it?" Harry jumps out, holding his hand out to me.
"Will mark that one out as well. Out you go."

I narrow my eyes at him, realizing he was just trying to distract me from my worried thoughts. I would scold him for making me think he was serious about that name, but it actually worked.

Ed jogs ahead of us, finding a wheelchair for me to sit down in as Harry steps up to the front desk, placing his hands on the counter.

"My wife's in labor. She needs a room.. And Doctor Bell. Can you call her? Is she here? She's her doctor... knows the situation and.."

"We're paging her now dear." The older nurse gives Harry a reassuring smile, placing a hand on his. "Let's get her to a room alright?"

I try to focus on my breathing as I'm pushed down the hallway and into a room. It's early, way to early for my water to break.

Harry hands Ed his phone as I'm helped out of the wheelchair. "Ring Poppy and my mum."

Ed nods, giving me a small smile before stepping outside the room.

"We're going to need to get you into a hospital gown. Can you manage that alone or shall I help?" The nurse asks.

"I'll help her." Harry snatches the gown off the bed. "Is Doctor Bell coming? Should you ring her again? She should be here by now yeah?"

"She's on her way dear. Just get Ava into a gown and laid down on the bed. Everything will be fine."

"Right.. Course." Harry nods, biting on his bottom lip to keep himself from talking.

"Will you be alright dear?" She questions me.

"Yes we'll be fine, thank you for your help." I force a smile before she leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

By the time I look away from the door, Harry is already kneeling at my feet, undoing the straps of my shoes. I place a hand on his shoulder for support as I step out of them.

"I can manage from here, why don't you go check and see..."

"Am not leaving." Harry shakes his head, holding my wrist gently and taking my bracelet off.

I sigh, knowing it's no use to fight him but not wanting him to help peel the now wet dress off of me. I feel disgusting.

"Turn around." He places his hands on my shoulders, turning my body so he has access to the zipper of my dress.

It's tugged down slowly and I hold it against my chest so it doesn't fall to the floor.

"Love..."

"I'm scared." I say quietly, causing Harry to swiftly turn me back around.

"Av, everything will be fine." His hands cup my face, tilting my head up so he can look in my eyes. "I'm here alright? Will always be here. Now let's get this on you, Harriet's on her way."

I narrow my eyes at him as he chuckles, ducking down and giving me a quick kiss before the tugging the dress out of my grip.

Within minutes I'm laying in the bed, being examined by the doctor as Harry grips my hand tightly.

"Alright Ava.." Doctor Bell stands up, peeling off her latex gloves and discarding them in the trash. "It appears you have preterm premature rupture of the membrane. We discussed earlier this may occur due to the damage that was done to your cervix.."

I nod, remembering our discussion on the risk factors of my pregnancy. PPROM being a prominent one.

"Being you are already almost at 37 weeks, we won't try to prolong your pregnancy. We're going to give your body some time and see if you'll dilate anymore. If not, we're going to need to perform a cesarian."

"But the baby.." I finally manage to find my voice. "Is she alright?"

"There are risks giving birth pre-term but none we need to worry about right now. Nothing I see makes me overly concerned about the health of the baby. Right now let's just focus on your breathing and keeping you relaxed as possible alright?"

"Is Ava alright?" Harry speaks up, "She looks pale.. And a C section.. It's dangerous right?"

"Ava is fine." Doctor Bell smiles, glancing between Harry and I. "There are risks involved, but we're only going to perform the procedure if it's absolutely necessary."

"But what.."

"Styles." I squeeze Harry's hand, getting his attention. "Let's focus on what she said alright?"

"Right.. Yeah..." He nods, "Thank you Doctor."

"Not a problem. I'll be back to check on you soon." She slides my file back into a tray hanging off the end of the bed. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call for a nurse."

I thank her before she exits the room, leaving a fidgeting Harry standing next to me.

"You want a softer pillow? Or ice? Or... I can turn the Telly on if you want." He rambles off. "You cold? I can get you.."

"I'm fine. Just sit alright?" I motion towards the chair next to the bed, which Harry promptly plops down in.

"Sorry.. Bit nervous I think." He takes my hand, running his thumb over the back of it. "But you're alright? Really?"

"Yeah. Contractions aren't that bad right now. They will get bad though, so I'm warning you now... If you flip out I'm kicking you out of the room."

"No faith in me at all do you?" He smirks, knowing full well how he gets when I'm in any sort of pain.

"I have complete faith you're going to faint at some point tonight."

"Will not. Now hush, focus on your breathing. Am like a rock over here.. No chance of fainting spells."

I shake my head lightly, doing as he instructed and taking deep breaths.

It feels like forever before the Doctor comes back in and tells me I'm well on my way. Harry is on the phone soon after, calling Gem and his mom who are both headed to the hospital.

Poppy bursts through the door soon after, practically pushing Harry out of the way to give me a hug and ask after me. I sigh as they start to bicker back and forth on who should be at what end of me during delivery.

I finally yell at them when my contractions along with their fighting become to much to bear. They both promptly shut their mouths, to afraid to be banished to the waiting room.

Two hours later, after having Harry constantly hovering over me each time my body tenses from the pain, Doctor Bell comes back in and gives us good news.

"Think we're ready to head to the delivery room." She smiles. "Everything is progressing well, we should have a new baby Styles by morning!"

She leaves to get a few nurses to help move my bed, and I glance over at Harry, who's suddenly silent.

"Harry, you okay?"

He nods, staring down at his black boots. "Am about to be someone's dad. Shite....... I'm gonna be a father."

"I do hope you're not just now realizing that." Poppy speaks up, "And I always thought you talked so bloody slow cause you were a smart lad."

"Poppy." I shake my head at her before looking back at Harry as the nurses enter the room.

"You with me Styles?"

His head shoots up, a dimpled grin overtaking his face. "Always."

_________________________
Please vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 962 27
Sophia, Simple,Sophisticated, and maybe a bit of stupid when she finds out she might be pregnant with an unknown man's baby. She meets Harry, he's hu...
40.6K 1.3K 82
Third and Final book. Read the first book I'm pregnant - One Direction fanfiction & the second book I'm Too Young for This - Sequel to 'I'm pregnant...
3.1K 7 7
You and Harry Styles have been married for 3 years and are planning to expand your family, but who came up with the idea and how did it turn out? Fin...
1M 26.8K 37
You may think that this is a cute family story about two people who's in love, but no, it's a lot more complicated than that. You see, this was never...