The Good King

By Lydia_SHM

When King Hiram passed away, Lydia the magical kingdom was forever changed. His son, Elmer Kalos the First... More

'The Man He Fears The Most'
'I Want To Save Them All'
'A Threat From The King'
'I Can Not Be King'
'First Day Of Learning'
'Asher's Secret'
'Aylin'
'Serious Talks'
'Unexpected Ball'
'Traitor Old Friend'
'Everyone Is Racing Time'
'Not Permanent'
'Careful With Who To Trust'
'Unrevealed Plan'
'The Petrian'
'A Sharp Sword'
'Hawk'
'The Ball's Preparation'
'The Ball's 'Announcement'
'The Engagement'
'The New Ally'
'The Letters'
'Someone You Can Trust'
'Someone To Help You'
'Your Name'
'You Are Free'
'KM 285'
'To Kill Or Not To Kill'
'Hunter Pick A Side'
'The Prince's Injury'
'Unpleasant Feeling'
'The Sleeping Prince'
'Another Thursday'
'Something Interesting'
'He Is Back'
'Impossible Mission'
'Mission Completed ?'
'The Training'
'Obey Me'
'Beautiful Art'
'The Archer Prince'
'To Like Someone Or Something'
'Out Of The Plan'
'Unconditional Love'
'A Rainy Day'
'The Traitor'
'A First Win'
'Charge Of Betrayal'
'We Meet Again'
'Not Alone'
'Hello To Goodbye'
'Will It Feel Better ?'
'Like Old Days'
'An Apology'
'I Want To Be King'
'Like A Real Archer'
'Feeling Useful'
'Every Little Thing Planned'
'Peaceful ?'
'A King Knows'
'Welcome To Pedio'
'Tomorrow Will Be Better'
'Trust And Protector'
'Who Is He After ?'
'Hiram's Child'
'Precious Tears and Why me ?'
'December's Day'
'A Friend'
'My Beloved Larica'
'Will Be Back Soon'
'Back Home ?'
'Love Issues'
'A Reward That He Can Never Have'
'My First Win'
'What Laura Needs'
'Uneasy Feeling'
'Out Of Those Walls'
'The Long Awaited Night'
'The King's Presence'
'Kalos Night'
'Kalos 1'
'Kalos 2'
'Fighting For Her'
'I Made Her Cry Again'
'Move For Her'
'Blue Sky'
'Round One'
'Leo' 2
'Ask For Help'
'Unbelievable Fight'
'Giving Up ?'
'Out Of Their Cage'
'Hold Tight'
'Take Responsibility'
'Hope Is Blue'
'First Kill'
'Braid With Me'
'Happy Cottage'
'Silenced Night'
'Sleepless Night'
Mirai
'The Final Training'
'The Strongest'
'Cold Walk'
'Goodbye'
'I Love You'
'Messed up day'
'The Journey'
'The Hunters Meet'
'Red Hair'
Ivor's Class First
'One Hundred' Q&A
'A dream'
'Hard Decision'
'Aylin's Mission'

'Leo'

9 9 8
By Lydia_SHM

Lydia's streets were full of laughs and happy wide smiled back then.

I could swear that the tree's leaves were greener and that the sky upon our heads was bluer but for someone who has never seen that magical place , it is probably just me exaggerating.

My father was a good man.

He was strong and brave , helped those in need and whenever something bad happened I saw them all smiling once he showed up.

As if all of their worries vanished , they are safe as long as he is around and he made me feel the same way for a while.

I wanted to be loved too just like king Albert Kalos.

Growing up I looked up to my father very much and I figured that I should be his heir because the one thing I have always longed for was becoming the king.

''You can not be the king''

That red haired should have been a little considerate while speaking to a ten years old prince.

''Hiram is the first prince and so he will be the king''

Asher was just as heartless as ever but those words made me cry running all the way to find my older brother.

The brother I loved so much.

I remember how he hugged me back then and got a little mad at Asher for my sake.

''You can be the king''

I wondered why did he have to say it so lightly ? why did it make my eyes sparkle again and stopped my tears from falling.

Why did it make my soul feel that way , as if I could ever just be whatever he claimed.

I was able to easily defeat the brother who was two years older than me.

He never took the training as serious as I did but I though it was alright because when I become the king I will be the one protecting him.

I admit how much of an idiot I was back then to simply trust another child and call him a friend.

My mother was laying dead while that 'Friend' was killed by the brother I always believed I was way stronger than.

His eyes scared me that one time.

So much blood was running under my feet that I could not breath or move at all.

''WE LOST YOUR MOTHER BECAUSE OF YOUR FOOLISHNESS"

That was the sin I was not ready to live with.

My father was yelling at me , he was not smiling , he had this look that despised my whole existence , even though I needed a hug back then , I walked out of the throne room with one precious lesson.

''A king knows when to kill''

And dear father I assure you that I worked with every word of yours.

After few months , things were back to the usual.

We would share our meals , small talks and pretend like it did not happen.

But it happened.

Hiram was there for me , whenever I crumbled , whenever I felt like crying , whenever I hated myself , I had him by my side.

And how I was glad.

I went back to training every single day in hopes my father takes his words back , since Hiram made it clear that he will never become the king.

He just wished for a small cottage in an unknown place next to the sea.

I wonder why it suits him very much.

Because his eyes always longed for freedom.

It was pretty much hard for me to trust anyone ever again but how can I not when he looked so harmless , that child climbing the tree I always train under.

''What are you doing ?''

I found myself asking as I looked up towards his bright eyes.

''Kardia looks very magical from up here''

His voice was thrilled , it made me believe him instantly.

''Is it not scary ?''

I asked one more question.

Not like I was afraid of heights , I was just afraid of the unknown.

''It is scary''

I remember how I started climbing that tree right away without thinking twice.

He gave me a hand as we shared a seat on the same branch -and God the view was worth it.

''I am glad you are smiling again Leo''

He said.

I felt that I could as well thank the only trainee I was not able to win against.

''Thank you Ivor''

Something inside me told me that I can trust him and it did not lie.

Ivor was the last man standing by my side.

I sometimes wonder why but not like I could just ask him that.

I knew the answer would not be to my liking.

Years passed by , I moved on from every single negative feeling but I had these ideas inside my head , like ending my father's life.

Something like 'He is old anyways'

I turned seventeen and gathered all of my courage to have a serious conversation with Hiram.

I hate how I still remember every single word he said with that silly pure smile of his.

''I plan on proposing to Celest and then move out of the palace''

I have never seen him so delightful at all which was why I asked him.

''Are you happy ?''

He smiled brightly replying ''Of course I am !''

Everything happened way too fast.

My father was against it but Hiram made himself clear and no one was able of stopping him.

I watched my father desperately trying to keep my older brother inside of that cage called 'palace' for as long as he could.

Hiram and Celest got married and few months after, she was pronounced pregnant.

The king promised to set him free as soon as she gives birth to his grandson.

My older brother was very kind and would not refuse our father's wish , so he stayed.

His smile soon vanished , he was teared apart , I could not believe how much it broke him.

Celest's death.

I had no words to comfort him , no matter what I said , it seemed like he was not able to hear me.

I walked back heading to my room , trying to forget what I saw.

'Where did his smile vanish to and when will it be back ?'

I even asked myself something like that.

My father's voice stopped me as he spoke to his advisor and ministers.

''To think she would die while giving birth , it was not even worth my worries , Hiram will never leave this palace and will become the king''

I can not remember which part made me lose my mind.

But I lost my mind.

I finally took a closer look at him , that fragile small human being.

Or as his dead mother named him ''Elmer''

Something about his eyes made me feel that I would love to be a father but then I was also hesitant.

The king became sick suddenly.

And took him only few weeks to follow Celest into his own grave.

No one would tell I put a little something in his drink every morning but I had to.

Because he taught me that a true king knows when to kill.

Hiram spent his sleepless nights trying to put his crying child to sleep.

Even though the maids all suggested to help him , he wanted to take responsibility for his own son.

I thought 'Would I ever feel that way ?'

But with all of that going on , the ministers came to the end that I Leo will be the next king.

I could not hide how happy I felt at the time.

Until his advisor walked into that room , holding my father's will between his hands.

My brother was called in there as well so that he can hear the words I found very unpleasant.

''I just want my son Hiram the first to be the next king''

It is only normal for me to wonder why ?

I was stronger , I worked harder and I wanted it way more than anything else.

So why him ?

Everyone was dismissed after the conclusion they came to.

Hiram could not convince them at all.

''I am very sorry''

He had this painful expression in his eyes as if he was showing me his deepest condolences.

I did not hate him for it , I could never hate him , I loved my brother very much and decided to move on with my life.

This time I wanted to find something else I wanted to do.

Yes I opened my eyes on wanting to be the king but I can find myself in something else.

I definitely can do it if I try.

I will change to the better.

I want to be happy too.

Is what I thought...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125 0 40
Book 1 in a series! Despite what Emrys has been told, her Kingdom Abneer was not the only one to survive, King Reyes is not the only monarch, and mo...
6.8K 253 26
Betrayed by her own kind, a young teenage girl finds herself at one of the kings worse death camps where she will work until she dies. But she is det...
976 444 37
"Being a bastard son you have to make tough decisions, I had to make tough decisions, but they were all for her. Always for her." ~Eli "I trusted him...
Royal Heir By A.M LAYNA

Mystery / Thriller

58.8K 2K 43
On his eighteenth birthday the young prince, Aleksei Leonardo Romero, was to be wedded to the Royal Greek princess. It was an arranged marriage that...