A Spark of Happiness

Oriandthewill tarafından

After the defeat of Void Termina, the Mage-Sisters, alongside with Hyness, landed on Popstar in hope of creat... Daha Fazla

Prologue - A Shout for the Heavens
Chapter 1 - Unwanted Help
Chapter 2 - A Spider's Offer
Chapter 3 - Distrust
Chapter 4 - The Kingdom in the Sky
Chapter 5 - First Day
Chapter 6 - A Lurking Shadow
Chapter 7 - Roots
Chapter 8 - Chit-Chat
Chapter 9 - The Underworld Arachnid
Chapter 10 - Blooming Flower
Chapter 11 - Calm Times
Chapter 12 - Party Crashers
Chapter 13 - Shattered
Chapter 14 - Awful Decisions
Chapter 15 - Heart to Heart
Chapter 16 - Realization
Chapter 17 - A Spider's Wrath
Chapter 18 - Escaping the Mirror
Chapter 19 - Star Allies
Chapter 20 - Moonlight Madness
Chapter 21 - Reunion
Chapter 22 - Void
Chapter 23 - Suffering
Chapter 24 - The Eye of the Storm
Chapter 25 - Hope

Epilogue - A Spark of Happiness

155 6 11
Oriandthewill tarafından

"Have you ever asked yourself what happiness means to you?" The feared butterflied flew over Dreamland, watching its citizens as it did so.

"Bandana Waddle Dee!" The penguin was signing his important documents while scratching the back of his head. Six months have passed since the defeat of Dark Taranza and Void's rebirth. Dedede facepalmed and sighed, only stopping when the spear wielder opened his door.

"Royal guard at your service, your majesty!" Bandana Dee saluted his king. After that much time, the boy had finally reached the highest ranking of Dedede's servants; he was now working directly for the king after many internships.

"Ya know ya were my most important guard since day one, right?" Amused by the purity of the waddle dee, the king patted him on the head and gave him a thumbs up. The waddle dee only wanted to earn so many royal emblems due to his will to become stronger.

Getting a little shy, the boy stopped with the pose he was doing and smiled. "Right, your majesty! But now I'm the most powerful waddle dee. I am finally ready to go on my own adventure, just wait until it happens." Bandana Dee jumped with excitement, making the bird chuckle once more.

"By the way, why did you call me?" As soon as he tilted his head to the side, Dedede made a fist with one of his hands and pointed towards his table with the other. "I'll finally open my very first business!" This brought confusion to the boy.

"But Dedede, didn't you have a chip business already-" Dedede silenced him by placing a finger on his 'mouth' and making multiple 'shh's. "That one flopped after I spent many weeks focused on gettin' out of prison and savin' my kingdom, we don't talk about it." 

With a single clap from the penguin, many waddle dees entered the room with tools in hand. "I'm thinking of opening a coffee shop, it will be called Dedede's dededelightful cafe!" The two laughed.

"Some obtain it after reaching a certain goal or building their dream..." Morpho got out of the castle and made its way towards a peculiar structure...

The two pranksters did their secret 'handshake' while laughing their heads off. "I can't believe it is halfway there." The egg-shaped wizard compared his blueprint with the park under construction.

Magolor decided he would name it Merry Magoland, a very creative name, I know. Once he negotiated with Dedede and managed to buy this terrain, he started building his park using a part of the money he acquired through micro transactions.

"Yeah, dude." Marx ate like the gluttonous jester he was. Being impatient as always, the grape with only feet didn't care much about the building process, he only wanted to prank people when it's done. 

Suddenly, Marx got up and grinned; the once traitor looked at the apple cake the two had made, it was hard not to laugh. "This is cool and stuff, but I wanna laugh at other people's faces. Also..." Marx seemed to raise an invisible finger, no one could tell. 

"...I'm starving, can we buy some food on the way back?" Marx chuckled to himself, causing Magolor to be annoyed, but he decided to accept the jester's offer.

"Okay. Let's do this." The two could barely hold a smile, they knew exactly who to prank.

"Some get happy by laughing at the other, even if that's not a particularly good reason." The orange butterfly continued with its flying. "But who am I to judge?" 

Morpho Knight stopped right as it reached the knight's beloved ship, Halberd. "There are people who prefer peace and tranquility, those who never explicitly say they are happy, but that is not a problem."

Six months ago, Dark Meta Knight had left to protect his home, the Dimension Mirror. While he never redeemed himself, the doppelganger decided to spend some time alone. He would eventually try to do his evil deeds as usual, but his counterpart wouldn't let that happen.

The introverted knight was sitting on the very top of his ship, which was now fixed after the assault on the castle. Meta Knight read a book, gazed upon the sea and smiled behind his mask; at long last, he had time to recharge his social batteries.

Meta Knight waved at the butterfly, who didn't stop with its journey.

On the way back, a loud explosion could be heard; it came from the castle. "Not again!" King Dedede put his face out of the window and made a gesture in the prank duo's direction. "I'll get you!" The penguin was all covered in cake batter, which made Morpho chuckle.

"They are surprisingly lucky. I don't know how I haven't seen one of them in my dimension." The butterfly now went towards the next location. "Anyway... true happiness leads to satisfaction, which is different from the fun the two pranksters feel..."

The hero of Dreamland, Kirby, was holding a bindle. He slowly walked in a random direction, contemplating the beauty of life at the same time. After he helped everyone he loved, which was literally 99% of Dreamland, the puffball decided to focus on himself. Kirby would go on a journey of self-reflection.

"Humble and positive people will barely get unhappy, they are grateful for what they have. Kirby, one day I will show you the way." Morpho flapped its wings over the round boy who waved, a tearful smile on his face was seen.

"Speaking of journeys... Hyness also left... Being so close to Void made him go after more knowledge about the god he had vowed to serve." Even if no one could understand what the orange insect felt, Morpho beamed with happiness. This was probably the easiest judgment of its life.

"But let's not forget that some people don't care about purpose, nor ever following a certain objective." It laughed as it gazed upon the two youngest mage-sisters. "They simply focus on the present and live every day as if it was their last; though... some ways are questionable."

Just as Morpho said that, Flamberge and Francisca fired their elemental balls upwards. The two balls created water that unexpectedly fell on top of the red mage, making her annoyed. However, that expression quickly disappeared as the red-haired girl hugged her sister, who squirmed to free herself.

"Berge, you're ruining my hair!" Francisca was definitely angry, but she couldn't stop laughing. "Not my fault if you decided to make the same move as I did during our training." The middle sister giggled.

"By the way, where's our stubborn sister right now?" Flamberge ended the hug and tilted her head to the side. The question brought a teasing smile on the bluette's face. "Oh, I know exactly where she is." The two girls hugged each other from the side and laughed.

The scene changed to show the same lonely hill where some important parts of this story happened. Taranza was in a combat position; the boy carefully looked around him. 

All of a sudden, the lightning mage took him by surprise as she precisely moved at the speed of light. She used her now fixed weapon to make him trip by swinging it, pinning the spider to the ground right after. Zan pointed her partisan in her opponent's direction and provokingly smirked. "Looks like I won, bowlcut."

"Oh no! Watch out everyone, her ego is about to take off!" Taranza rolled his many eyes and teleported next to her. "How's the score?" 

Pouting, the girl in yellow grabbed a little notebook and a pencil. "We are now tied with 3 victories each. One day I'll have more points, just wait and see." She giggled and put her things in her pocket.

"I don't think that will happen, my sunflower." Zan looked to the side after hearing the nickname he had given to her a few months ago. "Remember my second victory?" He chuckled and acted like he was thinking of something.

Just as expected, our protagonist blushed and crossed her 'arms'. While she tried showing him that his flirty persona didn't affect her, the girl miserably failed. "You cheated on that one." She made a high-pitch hum and blew a strand of her face.

"You are just saying this to avoid admitting that you got distracted by me, am I right?" Zan playfully shoved him off. "Shut up... It's not fair that I was love struck on that day." The two of them laughed.

After a few minutes, they sat on the hill and sighed. "Any last words before I leave for my kingdom?" He put three hands on his hip.

Out of everything Dark Taranza had destroyed, Floralia's castle was by far the hardest to repair. Ever since, Taranza felt extremely grateful that all of his friends helped him to do so; even Susie helped a little during one of her vacations.

Before the girl could answer his question, Morpho landed on a pink flower and observed them. "People like her judged things at first sight, almost missing a chest made out of gold..." 

"Oui..." Taranza nodded before realizing what was said. "Hey! That's my sentence!" The beloved arachnid narrowed his eyes at the butterfly, causing Zan to burst into laughter. "Too late." 

"I'm waiting." He joked. Zan took a deep breath.

"I-I..." She always had trouble saying those three simple words. 

"I love you." The girl turned beet red and looked away.

Seeing her usually rough personality turn shy and girly always made his heart jump. Taranza had to hold his face with one hand to prevent it from melting. 

"I love you too." That caused the mage-sister to giggle like those teen girls.

It took two whole minutes for Zan to finally gain enough courage to look back at him; but Void, it was almost impossible to maintain eye contact with him. Every time she tried, she had the urge to look at something else.

"See you in two to three days." Taranza gave her a short hug and was about to turn around until... 

The lightning mage pulled him back to a tighter hug, it was her weird way of expressing her affection. "Thanks for coming. Ugh... I sound so corny. How do you always destroy my barriers?" Her muffled voice made her wanna disappear from shyness.

All that Taranza could do was smile and play with her hair. "Ma chérie, I gotta go." The boy laughed.

"I know." She pulled him closer. "Just two more minutes." 

After watching them and... getting some sweet pollen, the orange butterfly decided it was time to go. 

"Happiness is something we should all crave for, I don't wanna work more just because some of you want to give up." Morpho laughed at how dark its humor could be. "I hope you understand."

"This was the story of a girl who thought she would never be happy. Who then realized she already had the thing she was in search of..."

"It was the spark..."

"The spark of happiness."

------------------------------------------------

A/N

I'm crying... It has finally ended, my first story is complete...

I really hope you guys have enjoyed my story, it's not the greatest thing ever, but it got a lot better as my writing improved. This idea was created back in 2021 (yes, that old), I never had the courage to write it though.

Now that it's over, I'm not sure what to do next. I mean, I have an idea for a one-shot focused on Magolor... Though I would love if you gave me some ideas, feel free to comment.

Thank you all for reading this. I obliterated my goal, and that's all because of you. :D

See ya next time!

Att, OriandtheWill.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

613 24 6
One day while working his job as a merchant Magolor spots a familiar face. One he hasn't seen for awhile, Marx the jester the person he saved from sp...
8.5K 81 27
i show people my shit ideas also theres alot of ships? im throwing everyone in this shit!
60 0 16
On a distant planet of Sindiean. Trouble stirs as Galata Knight steals an important artifact as well as the daughter of the King and Queen, Princess...
8.2K 126 16
My first story! Cool. The protagonists are going to be the guys of Wave 3 in Star Allies (specially Magolor), Magolor from Kirby: Return to Dreamland...