Accident, Love and Scars

By SharonKamsi

Focus on the Love, not the Accident and Scars. That's what they say but that still doesn't mean that our Sca... More

Copyright©
FLAWS AND SCARS SERIES
AESTHETICS
0. PROLOGUE
1. Cafeteriá
2. Pumpkin
3. Dread
AESTHETICS 2
4. Tears, Messages and More Tears
5. Team Spirit
6. Not Without Scars
7. Mom
8. Dinner, Breakups and Dates
9. Birthdays and Sweet Sixteens
10. Ethereality and Party preparations
11. Party Shenanigans
CAST
CAST II
12. Panicogenic & Self-harming
13. Panicogenic & Self-harming II
14. Scars and Memories
15. Conversations
16. Family over Everything
17. Unapologetic, Wisdom talks and small fights
18. Zero healing process
19. Not the Accident
20. Reconciliation and Rebonding
21. Love Letters, Dreams and Ambitions
22. Phone calls and Dirty slaps
23. Accidents and Scars
24a. Little things I
✨ NOT AN UPDATE ✨
24b. Little things II
24c. Home
25a. Steady steps to Depression
25b. The Celeb
27. Conversations and Holding hands
28. Beautiful Mystery Girl
29. Na All of us be Ashawo
30. Tears, Ice-cream and Awkward situations
31. Conversations, Kisses and Heartbreak
32. Vile people touch without consent
33. Jealousy and Cringe feelings
34. School stress and everything stress
35. Passionate hugs and burnt rice
36. Only God knows
37. Broken people have scarred hearts.
38. Soso and Heart aches
NEW CHARACTER
39. Amber rose
40a. Birthday parties and suprises
40b. Suprises and more suprises
40C. Conversations, Flirting and Cryptic Texts
41. Secrets
42. Movies and Discussions
NOT A CHAPTER
43a. Pretzels
43Bi. Party preparations and rooftop dinners
43BII. Wahala
44a. Dear Ex, I'm Tequila
44B. I'll take a bullet for you.
45. Alone and walking
46. Sorrows, Kisses, Christmas (A)
46B. Sorrows, Christmas, Sorrows
47. Lies and Escapism
48. Life Lately I
48. Life Lately II

26. Conversations and Food

30 14 3
By SharonKamsi

____•••

Lonely days birth Lonely people
•••____

So guys, this is the second part of the Collab with Moroti. I wouldn't want to say much so let's dive right in.

The song for this Chapter is ‘These Days’ by Tems.

Thank you guys for all the birthday wishes yesterday. I really appreciate

KAM'S POV

2:55pm

I had been sitting down in the Cafeteriá since 2:30 pm just because I didn't want to keep her waiting for me.

You wouldn't consider me as an online reader but one day, I found the book and immediately I read just one chapter, I fell in love.

I never knew that I would meet her today. I never even thought that I would meet the writer and here I am, sitting in a restaurant, waiting for her to arrive.

Isn't God wonderful?

With the way my life had been going smoothly, I wouldn't be surprised if I might bump into Omah lay here in the Cafeteriá and he would wrap his hands around me and we would get married immediately and then, he'll sing me to sleep every night.

If wishes were horses, the beggars would ride, isn't it?

"You're here already?" A voice asked as I turned back immediately to see Chloe Babajide standing with a very cute baby in her arms.

The baby girl looked so cute that I felt like stealing her and keeping her for myself alone.

I was having baby fever. I badly wanted a baby, a girl. I wanted a beautiful baby so badly, but God forbid I get pregnant at Sixteen.

God forbid History repeats itself!

"She's so cute!" I cooed, walking closer to Chloe's side.

The baby girl smiled and batted her long eyelashes at me. She was too beautiful and she wasn't even trying.

I could bet on my Trustfund that this girl would have a lot of boys crushing on her when she grows up.

"Yeah. She's my niece and my sister isn't available so I have to babysit Serenity," she said with a small smile on her face.

"It's fine. I love your niece so very much!" I replied as the little girl giggled, showing off her not yet fully grown tooth.

"Okay, so let me get something for us both-"

"Don't worry. I've already ordered food online and it will soon get delivered. I didn't like what they served at the Cafeteriá," I replied, cutting her speech shut as she nodded her head.

"So how are you, Kambili?" She asked.

I haven't been asked this question in a very long while. This question seemed like an everyday word but it had a deeper meaning than surface level.

"I'm better." I simply replied. I knew that I hadn't completely healed but I was still in my healing process and I was healing fast.

"That's good. I hope you're not traumatized by the whole stuff?" She asked as I shook my head.

I knew that she was referring to the whole saga that had played out during my Sixteenth Birthday party.

"I'm not at all. I was traumatized but now I'm better," I replied. My phone dinged indicating that my food had arrived.

"The dispatch rider said that he's at the school gate. Let's go and get the food," I told her. She nodded her head and we both walked over to the gate and picked up the food.

Chloe adviced us to eat the food at another spot and not the Cafeteriá for reasons unknown to me but I obliged.

The food tray had consisted of one banana bread, one coconut bread, Two plates of Jollof rice and fried rice with Chicken and Salad and a bottle of Orange juice.

"You know, I didn't realize that my Mom wasn't my real mother until I was in my Senior year," she said as she took a spoon of her rice.

She was adopted too.

"You were adopted too?" I asked her and she replied me with a nod.

"I wasn't just adopted but my birth mother cursed us too. Can you imagine?" She asked as Serenity dipped her hand in my plate of Jollof and put it into her mouth which made us burst into laughter.

"This girl, ehn," Chloe commented wipping Serenity's hand clean with a  baby wipe. She decided to give her two spoons of the rice which she ate happily and drank water with it.

"Your mother must not know I gave you rice that isn't soft oo." I chuckled, watching Chloe perform her aunt duties.

While I was at it a question dropped in my mind and I thought I'd ask since she was friendly enough to invite me to eat out here.

"Chloe can I ask...I just have something I want to know about you." I gushed and she gave me a small smile urging me on. "Do you at least know why she cursed you and your sister?"

"Well, we weren't just adopted.She actually wished us away because she didn't want us and was far too young to be a mother. She was your age." She started, taking a sip of the Orange juice.

There were many similarities between Chloe and I. Our parents got pregnant for us both at the young age of Sixteen.

"-But she then realized how wrong it was, we were her responsibility and she felt bad for wishing her responsibility away but it was too late. We were already kidnapped actually, not adopted. And of all possibly ways to bring us back she thought placing a curse on us would bring us back to her quickly. It was a supposed tracking device apparently." She finished and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

Kidnapped! No way?! At such a young age?!

They were only new-born twins at the time, she and her sister. What sheer wickedness!

"Wow, I am so sorry. I had no idea." I apologized.

She simply waved it off and urged me to eat my food as she said "No, no, no, It's fine. Its okay now, that's over Twenty years ago. I'm fine now," she said as I hesitantly took a spoonful of rice.

"Come on, eat up. The food would get  cold." I decided to listen to her and I ate a spoonful of rice.

We spoke about a lot of things from school, to life, to boys and I could help the admiration that was oozing from me to the extent I  hoped I could be like her when I grow up.

Despite her troubled childhood and being an aunty all of a sudden, she sure does know how to make it look easy.

Is there anything that doesn't look cool on Chloe Babajide?

"Wow! I have learned so much from you Chloe. I look forward to learning more from you." I appreciated and her lips twitched up in a smile as she ruffled my hair.

We had finish eating the rice already when my phone chimed with a message but I chose to ignore it.

Another question poped in my head and just as I was about to ask her, Damilola showed up out of no where glaring at me.

Wasn't he with Miranda?

"What?" I asked, suprised with the fact that he found me here.

This guy should chill. I am talking to a low-key Celeb here!

"Dey there oo, be asking me JAMB questions. Do you realize what today is? Do you realize what time it is?" he questioned as realization hit me.

Miss Nadine and Miss Clairé had given me the responsibility of gathering all the students together at 5:00pm and opening a group chat for the excursion but I forgot all about it.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. 

"Thank you so much for the meeting, I really appreciate it and I learnt a whole lot!" I thanked her, while clasping my two palms together. She nodded her head with a small smile on her face.

"Please update your story soon!" I yelled that last part as Damilola dragged me off with him to where the students were gathered.

That last line hits home. I need to be updating my stories and from today, all of you, be getting ready to be getting plenty plenty updates.

Our babies are still in OAU Sha and more adventures are coming. Adventures that you guys are bot ready for.

And in the next chapter guys, the next chapter. That's basically all I can say.

Love you.

Gracias ✨

1422 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 3.3K 34
❝We're meant to be end-game❞ THIS IS NOT A LOVE STORY; THIS IS A TRAGEDY. ♡ Nora thinks she is living out her dream. So why does it feel like such a...
15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
74.1K 16K 31
Tiana Dakoba isn't who everyone thought she was. To everyone, the mere sight of her oozed confidence and pride. She was the "It" girl. But no one kne...
5.1K 1.3K 36
•ᑕOᗰᑭᒪᗴTᗴᗪ• •ᗴᗪITIᑎᘜ• Sewn together, meant to never fall apart; that's how a family is supposed to be. Secrets -- everyone has them. But Ruby Grayso...