Remnant's System

By IOnlyDrinkJesusMilk

[RWBY x Solo Leveling] Male Reader's POV as a solo leveler in the world of Remnant. After having a near death... More

Prologue
An Awakening
The Dungeon Clearer
A Weird Date
I've Grown, Haven't I?
A Bully | A Mistake
A Fateful Stroll
Job Change
Penalty Quest | Preparation
The Shadow Ruler
A Surprise Visitor
The Assassins' Duel
The Grimm Tamer
The Angered Monarch
Interrogation (x2?)
Angry Goldilocks | Teasing Sister
This Isn't Some Story
Practice Match
The Vytal Festival Begins
The Festival's Festivities
Well, Hello
The Finals First?
Dance Partners
Hidden Quest Brings Truth
Where I Stand
Go Out With a Yang
The Puzzle's Pieces
Confrontation
What's to Come?
Finally Time For a Break?
Reflection
Reunited Before the Storm
Good Morning
My Nightmare
Sleep
Our Dates' Patterns
End Times

Vytal Gala

546 16 9
By IOnlyDrinkJesusMilk

"RUUUUUUBYYYYYY!!!!!"

Yang TACKLES ME TO THE GROUND!

She suffocates me with her boobs, so I have to use my semblance to escape...

Masterful execution, Ruby.

Thanks, Ruby!

"You did so GOOD!"

"I won't be doing so good if you kill me!!"

"A little affection doesn't hurt anyone, Rubes."

"Yeah, but your... Nevermind..."

I sigh, scratching the back of my head. "I wish (Y/N) could have seen..."

"You don't care that your big sister had your back? You wound me, Ruby..."

"No! I appreciate it, really! Jeez."

Yang smirks at me, so I give a nervous smile back.

"You're up against some princess next round."

"Princess?"

"I dunno, Blake was complaining about her... She kinda isn't even a student, technically. Only in name."

"So we won't know how she fights?"

"IF she fights. If she doesn't come to the campus, there's no way in hell she's anything special."

"Language!"

"Fuck, sorry. SHIT! My bad- FUCK SHIT ASS-"

"SHUT UUUUUUP!"

Yang laughs at my reaction, putting me into a headlock. She proceeds to noogie my hair, and all of my hair falls off!!!!! I go bald!!!!!!!! And I never had a head of hair again!!!!!!!!!!!!

[She's lying]

Yang admits she's hungry and demands I come along for a date.

"Hardly get to see my beloved baby sister anymore thanks to our fearless leader... What should we get?"

"Mm..."

I can't think of what specifically I want, so I just go with Yang's suggestion of a Chowder stand. It doesn't matter what I got, it was alright.

But ANYWAYS! Back to the cool stuff!

I beat my first one-on-one, so I have another to do for today. The sun has already started to set, so it's almost night time.

Heheh. Yang can't tell me to go to bed early now!

"A princess, huh?"

As I'm walking to the stadium again, I look at the screen to see the fight between Coco and a girl with... Floating swords? I see strings... I'm assuming she uses gravity dust to control them. How cool!!

The mysterious girl wins her match, so I quickly get to my place.

Next match... Here we go...

A princess... I can handle that!

"Welcome to yet another singles match for this year's Vytal Festival Tournament! This time, the adorable Ruby Rose returns, and faces off against the Schnee Heiress herself... Weiss Schnee!"

"Calling her adorable, and me an heiress... He could have complimented me more."

A bright blue and white dress. She has a battle-skirt on like me. And her weapon is a single sword... Schnee, huh? I think I see that name around a lot of the dust we use...

She's kinda pretty, but she also seems... Intimidating.

Okay, being honest, she seems super mean!

"I apologize for this, but you won't be continuing any further."

"I will! You'll see!"

"I'll SEE you on the ground, admitting defeat."

"And I'll see you take that back."

I unfold Crescent Rose, and she takes a stance...

"Let the battle... Commence!"

I instantly race towards Weiss, firing shots behind me to accelerate faster!

Her weapon makes a quiet clicking sound before firing a giant wave of ice at me. I activate my semblance and race around each chunk of the ice. I deactivate my semblance JUST before reaching Weiss and TOTALLY ONE-SHOT HER!

But because I was only using 0.00001% of my power, she blocks the attack, her sword pointed down.

Another clicking sound, and I'm blasted away by a wave of fire. She's blasted away, too, but she seems unaffected. A white... Thing. Symbol, I guess, appears midair, and she gets her footing, allowing her to get to the ground without an issue.

"Why are you using a sword? May as well just hold dust crystals!"

Let's try taunting! Surely it could be an effective strateg-

"Quiet, you!"

Another wave of ice fires at me. As tiring as it can get repeatedly using my semblance, I have to dodge, so I become super cool and awesome petals! I fly around the ice once more!

But suddenly a harsh wind pushes me back, sharp pieces of ice cracking against my still strong aura.

"I would rather not waste so much of my father's product, so if you would be so kind as to surrender, we can end the dust consumption here."

"Okay... I give up... I'll make you say I'm better, instead!"

Activating my semblance YET AGAIN, I appear at Weiss's side! I swing Crescent Rose to her back, meaning she can't properly block-

"Ruby?"

(Y-Y/N)?!

I stop my attack. Why is he here?! I almost hit him!

"KH!!"

My aura is stabbed straight into, a blast of fire dust making the pierce completely shatter my aura.

I fall onto my back, weakened.

What the heck is going on...????

"GAH!!!"

...

Oh.

Ow.

Ow ow ow...

OW OW THIS HURTS

I look to see... She stabbed into my thigh...!

"Hah.... Hrgh!! Hngh! S-stop!"

Her eyes look dead, but...

"Oh... Oh my god..."

She suddenly begins panicking.

"What... What is going on?! There... There was a Grimm!! Right there!! It... No!"

The crowd gasps loudly at the sight of blood, and many grow very anxious.

...

"—Hey... Hey, Emerald. You good?"

"Guh... Do I fuckin look like it??"

Her nose starts to pour blood.

"You overdid it."

"Obviously."

"Whatever, let's go. We did what we were supposed to."

"WE didn't do shit, Mercury. I did my job. Take me back and do yours."

"You're not just bleeding from your nose, I guess."

"I hate you."

...

"Ruby... I swear I didn't mean to do this... Are you-"

"KRAWWWW!!!!"

The deafening screech of a gigantic nevermore is all anyone can hear. It lands on top of the stadium and begins clawing at the glass above us.

The audience begins to panic, crowds of people immediately attempting to flee. And...

"Kh... Ow... Ow ow..."

I sit up.

I see a pale white hand coming from an extremely regretful person...

"Please... Let me get you somewhere safe so I can help try to do something about this... Whatever 'this' is..."

"Thanks..."

I take her hand, wincing from pain, and she walks me to a few medics that, despite the panic, have prepared to take me aside and treat my wound. They're so devoted...

"Ruby!!"

Yang's voice.

"Ruby! Are you okay?! What the fuck is your deal?!"

Without giving me time to answer her first question, she turns to Weiss and screams.

"Yang, stop!! Language."

"Ruby, now is not the time for-"

"I saw (Y/N). But it wasn't really him. I stopped my attack because I saw him. And Weiss said she saw a Grimm. And... She looks really upset. I don't think she did this on purpose..."

"..."

Yang looks at the silent princess and squints her eyes.

"If you wanna make it up to Ruby, find whoever did this. Now."

Weiss seems to want to object, but she immediately quells any attempt at resisting and gives a weak nod.

"I will..."

"Go."

Weiss runs off, hoping to do... Something. Anything. A huntress, even one in training, is meant to protect those who can't protect themselves. She has to be useful. Useful enough to make up for the fellow huntress in training she just wounded.

Tears fall from her eyes.

"Ruby... Please... Get some rest. I'll help, too. We have people to save and a giant Grimm to stop."

"You probably shouldn't worry about that right now, Gold-hair."

No. Nonono...

"Mercury... What are..."

"Do you really wanna ask that? Bad things are happening and you're wondering why I'm here?? You're young, not an idiot."

"Don't talk to my sister, dick."

Yang's hair begins to glow a bit. She hasn't taken any damage, so her semblance isn't actually doing anything right now, but... She's... Really mad.

"Leave before I kill you."

"Can't we dance first?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 151 11
Introduction update: Dave, the man who just got sent to a world by a mysterious man. Dave encountered many things on his journey. The world of Remnan...
12.1K 161 20
As a young man you were blessed with the power of an ancient god. Now you must battle to bring hope back to this new world. What challenges will you...
25.5K 499 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...
47K 709 65
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who has a 2 semblances. One of them is Immortality, which he unlocked at the age of 18. Since that day, he has never aged...