Remember the Times

By memories_evanesce

Tiana Waters and Jason Cooke were childhood friends and at one point a couple, that is until after college. T... More

Characters
Cannes, France
Preparation
Reunion
Reunion Part 2
I Remember
Forgive Forget
Meet
Jason
Mama Know
The Next Day
A Day With The Ladies
Make Up
The Spot
The Reason
Fact
Alison
Realization
Realization Pt. 2
Did I?
Indefinite
Alain
Memory
Lunch
Hopeful
Confrontation
Let It Burn
The Decision

Explanation

8.3K 369 31
By memories_evanesce

(Tiana's POV)

About thirty minutes or so later, Jason Returned with not a single item. Alison and I had moved on from the previous topic.

"So how do you juggle you're boutique and your models?" Alison asked.

"Well I do have help. I have assistance at my boutique. Her name is Adeline, she'll take over if I have a fashion show that day or just a full schedule with my models, and for the models, I have a friend. Her name Delphine she'll train newcomers while I book fashion shows, handle the other models and such"

"Sounds like you're always busy. How is that you are taking time off from your schedule now."

"Well I'll only be here for three weeks, then I have to return home and prepare my models for their Fashion Show in Paris the following week"

"Oh alright. Oh hey sweetie" Alison said when Jason walked into the room. "Well where are the grocery"

"Huh?"

"The groceries Jason" Alison responded with slight annoyance.

"Oh, the groceries. I'm sorry, I got distracted along the way"

"Well what was the distraction?" She questioned.

"Uh... The surfers" Jason lied, "they had some awesome tricks"

"Okay Jason, No"Alison interrupted, standing up and walking over to Jason. "We've talked about this"

"Yes dear" Jason responded.

"And what happened to your hair?"

"It was the wind babe calm down"

"You know I don't like that wild look" she said straightening out his hair.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Jason was literally letting her Dominate the conversation. This was a switch for Alison. She seemed so sweet, nice.

"Babe you are CEO of a corporation. You have to carry yourself as such. Remember people know your face, you have got to maintain a polished reputation."

"I know that Alison"

I couldn't believe. I found myself getting upset. Jason had never been that type of person. He wouldn't let anyone run his life, not even his parents growing up. I had to leave before I give that lady a piece of my mind.

"I'm sorry, I'll just go" I said cutting them off. "This is a personal matter, so I'll just-"

"Yes of course" Alison said walking over to me and extending her hands.

For a moment I just stood there, contemplating whether or not to let this lady know how I feel, but then stopped myself and shook her hands.

"It was so nice to meet you Tiana" she said.

"Yes, same here" I lied, before walking away.

"I'll drop you off at home" Jason said following behind me.

"Thank you Jason" I nodded before walking out the door.

Out of the House:

Jason opened the door for me. I slid in and waited for him. When he got in he annoyingly put on his seatbelt.

"Jason are you al-"

"Don't want to talk about it" he retorted abruptly, cutting me off.

I nodded and silenced, sitting back in my seat and looking out of the window. After snapping on his seatbelt, Jason had put the car in drive and sped off...

On the drive home, Jason hadn't said a word to me. Only the sound of the music and his constant mumbling filled the car. I however knew he was going to talk it was just a matter of timing before he did.

When we got to my parent's neighborhood I waited for Jason to stop in front of their house and talk to me, but he never stopped driving.

"Jason where are we going?" I asked. He hadn't answer me he just continued driving.

Some thirty plus minutes later Jason pulled up to Malibu Beach. Jason un-buckled his seat belt and exited the vehicle circling over to me and opening the door before proceeding onto the beach.

"Jason are you alright" I asked following behind him. He remained quiet, heading towards the coastal line. "Jason talk to me" I pressed.

"So how many were there Tiana?" Jason retorted instantly, stopping in his track.

"That's what you want to know? After what just happened back at your home, you want to talk about France?"

"YES!" He shouted, stepping to me.

"Jason what happened back there?" I repeated not wanting to get into the other topic.

"I don't want to talk about that. What I want to know is how many were there after me?"

"Jason that's not important"

"That many, huh?!" He responded angrily " I can't believe you" he said, shaking his head.

"No it wasn't that many who the hell do you think I am?!" I retorted finding myself getting upset as well.

"Then How Much?!" He asked.

"Two and it wasn't anything serious"

"You know what it doesn't matter. WE WERE JUST GETTING OUT OF A RELATIONSHIP TIANA!" He exclaimed stepping to me.

"IT WAS THREE MONTHS AFTER JASON!!"

"I DON'T CARE!"

Jason proceeded to walk. Frozen in my tracks I looked on at Jason, baffled. He was upset with me over a few meaningless dates when he proposed to a whole other woman. That was unfair.

"Well at least I didn't proposed to them" I responded with much attitude.

"Don't you dare flip this on me Tiana. I waited four years before I got into a relationship with Alison, you only waited three months"

"It Wasn't a Relationship Jason!" I exclaimed, annoyed by his accusations. "Those men and I weren't serious. We were casual and each one lasted only about a month and you know what I hadn't been with anyone ever since."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Nothing serious. I haven't been in a serious relationship at all for the past six years, So all your accusations Jason, fucking Null and void. Getting all worked up for no reason whatsoever"

Jason was silent for a moment...

"Okay" he then said under his breath, before proceeding to the coastal line.

When we got to the coast line Jason and I took a seat on the huge rocks. For a moment we sat in silence, looking out in a distance.

After ten minutes or so, I finally spoke. "So can we talk about you and Alison now?" I asked.

"I don't really want to" Jason responded looking down at his hands.

"Well I do. What was up with her back there? She was dominating your ass back there. That's completely unlike you, for you to just let her talk to you like that."

"Alison just don't want me to jeopardize my career over meaningless things"

"Meaningless?" I questioned. This not my best friend talking." Oh, but it's okay to jeopardize who you are. Yeah that's fine"

"Come on Tiana"

"You come on Jason. Get it together. Be you. Wear your hair wild, surf if you feel"

"It's not that simple Tiana. I've mature"

"But it is, Jason. Mature yes, lose yourself hellll no. And you know what, your bestie is going to help you"

"Help me?" Jason smiled.

"Yesssss. And I promise you that Jason is is going to be resurrected starting with that hair." I started running my fingers through his hair, messing it up. We both laughed. After I finished messing his hair up, I helped him up and said, "now lets go buy you a surfboard."

"Surfboard, Tiana I haven't been on the waves in years"

"Don't worry I'll help. See unlike you, I made sure I squeeze in a bit of time for surfing in my busy schedule."

"Swear!" Jason exclaimed with much excitement

"I promise. Come on. Best friend we are going surfing...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 3.4K 29
After giving up the love of his life, David Morris had closed of the idea of ever falling in love again, that is until he met Monique. She reminded h...
21.4K 1.5K 20
Never in her life did Mabea think she would be with someone who wasn't of colour like her but when she starts to spend time with the new Asian team m...
446K 18.9K 19
*Book 1* Does he know how I feel about him? Does he know that I would do anything for him? Does he know that's he's my definition of perfect? Tyler...
15.1K 563 31
Tiana was always a big girl. But she wasn't like your typical big girl. She was confident, sassy and wanted by all the boys at her school. She never...