The Contract

By ZJMforlife

"I didn't sign up for this! My parents made me. You don't have to sit there and pretend you care Liam!" Zayn... More

Introduction
The announcement
Under one condition
Family feud
The Hideout Lounge
In enemy territories
Slowly slipping
Only business
Second thoughts
The signing
Sneaky link?
You good?
Curiouser and curioser
Dangerous Liaisons
Aftermath
Showmance
Talk of shame
Weight of the world
Psychological evaluation
Avoidance
Confrontational
Crossroads
Karmas a B
A whole lot of history
Cheers to 2023
Ghost of New Years past
Feeling 22
Love fiction
Under the mic
"James Dean daydream look in your eye"
Mistakes of up and down
Sealed with a kiss
Infatuated
Time flies
Spring breakers
You have my heart
Malik family values
Group effort
Forever and always
Hannah Montana moment
Venues and vacations
26 years young
The Daily Show
VIVA LAS ZIAM
Old thoughts
What happens in Vegas
Stays in Vegas
"It is, and always was you."
No place like home
Book bluff
Story of our lives
"And it was all Yellow"
Crazy Rich Brits
"Here with you is where i'm meant to be."
Discharged
Destination you
Epilogue
Sequel?
Sequel!!!!!

"I do"

166 15 0
By ZJMforlife

Looking up to the boy he's grown up with, cared for, and loved since he was a little kid, Zayns breath hitched. So when Liam wiped the tear it just sent him. He chuckled, but even that small gesture warmed his heart.

Liam looked down to the boy who's been on his mind since forever. Though he didn't know it at the time, he knew it now. He loved him. His mouth was going numb because he'd been smiling brightly since Zayn appeared. When he saw the tear falling down his boys cheek, he cautiously wiped it as Zayn lovingly smiled.

"Welcome! Good afternoon, family, friends, and loved ones." Their officiant began. Through the words both boys could not break their gazes. All of the guests took notice and clutched their hearts.

"We all have come here today to celebrate the wedding of Zayn, and Liam. On behalf both the grooms they would like thank you for joining us. By your presence, you celebrate with them the love they have slowly but surely discovered in each other."

He said hinting towards their past as the two families all shared a lighthearted laugh. Both flushed joining in on the laughter.

"Marriage is a bond to be entered into only after considerable thought and reflection. By making this commitment today, Zayn and Liam's relationship will become stronger, better, deeper, and most importantly happier."

Liam kept rubbing circles on Zayn's hand. His grip was firm yet light. The way his hand fit into the man's felt so right to him.

He looked over his shoulder to his mother already in tears. It was only the opening statements and she was already losing it. He giggled as he saw his father roll his eyes to him, with his hand rubbing Trisha's shoulder.

He even caught a glimpse of his sisters taking a BeReal. He only knew because they held a thumbs up to the phone.

Liam looked over to his family and was met with Geoff's nod of approval. Karen put her hand on her heart as she looked at her son. He smiled then focused on his sisters who were trying to focus but getting distracted by their kids.

He even turned his gaze over to the Malik's side where they all smiled at him. He saw Freddie who gave him a huge thumbs up with a toothy grin. He chuckled then held a thumbs up back, his attention falling back on Zayn.

"Today, Zayn and Liam demonstrate their devotion to each other by dedicating themselves to a life together. By setting forth to honor the vows they have created today, their lives, which began basically together, will be joined as one officially." The officiant looked to one another.

At the mention of their lives beginning together, both boys lives flashed in their minds. Every thought and memory shared together between the two played in their mind.

"Today represents not only the joining of you two, but also the joining of your families and friends."

Each turned to their audience. Some teary eyes hear and there, smiles, waves, and flashes from their wedding photographers. The event was very exclusive and intimate, but outside they knew it was a different story.

Paparazzi and the media had been camped outside for days. It was the most anticipated wedding in pop culture at the moment and nobody wanted to miss a beat.

Luckily Niall, their parents, and wedding planners hired way more than enough security for the event. Half the group was here while the other was at the reception venue down the street.

"The couple would also like to recognize their parents on this occasion. They offer their profound gratitude for all the love and care their parents showed in raising them. The unconditional gifts of love and support that you have continually offered have inspired them to become who they are today. Without you, this day would not be possible."

"Literally." Zayn spoke under his breath without even thinking. Liam went wide eyed and almost laughed as Zayns face dropped. Luckily it was only the two who heard.

"Any of us who have been fortunate enough to find, and express the kind of loving devotion that we are celebrating here today knows that it is a beautiful thing." He clasped his hands together.

Luckily the officiant hadn't addressed the two yet because they were too busy wrapped up in each others eyes. Liam mouthed an "I love you." To Zayn with his big puppy dog eyes. As he read Liam's lips he coo'd and mouthed it back with and "I love you too."

"My hope for the both of you is that you have many long years to delight in each other's company, to feel gratitude for your great fortune in having found each other."

"To a make home together that is at once sheltering and welcoming, to each do meaningful, productive work at home and in the world and to love and be loved by the friends and family who have come here today to support you." The man finished the marriage address.

"Zayn and Liam, do you, present yourselves willingly and of your own accord to be joined in marriage?" The officiant started on the declaration of consent, as they broke their stare.

"We do." They both said in unison to the man.

"Now Liam." The man said turning to the elder. "Will you promise to care for Zayn in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?" He asked.

"I do." Liam took his focus from listening to the officiant to Zayn. When he looked into the boys eye he always felt at ease so his nerves just from being in front of everyone left his body.

"Zayn." The man turned to him. "Will you promise to care for Liam in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?"

"I do." Zayn said as he kept his focus on Liam.

The man flashed his grin that has always been Zayns weakness. The left side of his mouth was always slightly higher than the other.

"Then please turn to each other and share your vows. Liam whenever you're ready." He said handing Liam a mic, one of the production people handed to him, stepping away from the center spot like he did to all the couples he joined in matrimony.

Liam released his hands from the models as he reached into the pocket pulling out his notebook paper. Zayn laughed taking notice since it was a very Liam thing to have it written.

"Z." He started as he took a deep breath.

"It is clear to me now, that everything in my life, has led me to you; With the help of our parents mostly. Thank God for them being friends right?" Liam looked up goofily smirking as the audience laughed. Zayn tugged his lip because he was trying not to cry.

"In all seriousness, I think back on all my choices and consider even the bad ones, blessed. If I had done even one thing differently, I wouldn't be standing here today in front of the boy who's always been by my side, even if I was a "big meanie." Liam teared as he recited the name, it brought up his childhood with Zayn.

"Today I affirm my love for you. You are the most generous person I have ever known. Kind, honest, and absolutely beautiful. I take you to be my husband, and from this day foreword, I vow to always keep fighting for us because here we stand today, weathering the storms we've already been through." He finished as he wiped his face, folding the paper and putting it in his pocket.

Karen was trying to compose herself. Geoff never cried, yet a few stray tears slipped his eyes. His sisters cried looking at their baby brother vow his love to the boy they always had to babysit at times.

Harry too even sniffed and his best friend hadn't even said his own. It was the way the words rolled off Liam's tongue so effortlessly that made him ache.

Yes he had his differences at first with him, but he had always known deep down Liam had a soft spot for the boy. He was happy for his best friend because he truly found his forever which was something they always talked about.

Liam handed the mic to Zayn who smiled through his watery gaze. All the words he recited, set in and it made him gush. He was thankful that he was able to keep the tears at bay but he knew his vows were coming up and it would probably end in the waterworks. He unfolded his neat copy and exhaled.

"Liam James Payne. Today I stand before you, the luckiest person in the world. Not many people I know get to say they married their childhood crush." He smiled up to him through tears. Liam softened. "Zayn is perfect." He thought.

"I have the person of my dreams standing in front of me and I've never felt so loved in all my life. Other than my family and yours, of course. This is a different kind of love though. As lucky as I feel, luck is what you make it. This relationship is one we both built, not through luck, but through all the good and bad times and now here we are stronger than ever." Zayns tear drops fell to the paper. Liam again extended his arm up to wipe his lovers cheek.

"Liam..." Zayns voice cracked. He wanted to just embrace him right then and there but he refrained.

"I vow to show you, everyday, that I know exactly how lucky I am to have had, and, to have you in my life." Zayn finished sniffing then putting his copy away.

They both smiled to each other through their heavy, and damp eyelashes. After tucking his copy away they embraced each others hands again. Zayn heard a sniff over his shoulder expecting it from his mother but was met with the sight of his father drying his eyes.

They both briefly looked out to the crowd family, and star studded guests where everyone was wiping away the tears, fanning their eyes, or just letting them fall in general.

The officiant nodded his head as he joined the couple at the alter again. "For thousands of years, couples have exchanged rings as a token of their vows. May the rings be brought forward?" He looked to Harry and Louis who stepped closer to their friends waiting for their cue to hand the ring off.

"Zayn please take Liam's ring."

He turned to his best friend as he noticed his tear stained cheeks. He gave him a quick hug whispering how thankful he was for him. Harry almost bawled but he took his place by Doniya plastering a smile.

"Place it on his finger and repeat after me." Zayn nodded as he held Liam's left and slipped the band on his ring finger.

"I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you."

"To be my partner, husband, and best friend to the end of my days."

"To be my partner, husband, and best friend to the end of my days." Zayn smiled up to him his tears now subsided. Liam warmly returned the exchange.

"Liam please take Zayns ring."

Louis handed the rings to his mate as they shook and Bro hugged each other. The first was the wedding band, the engagement ring, followed by the promise ring. Zayn requested to wear them all since they meant so much to him.

With a massive pat on his back he winced taking his spot by Ed and shooting glares to Liam as he slyly grinned.

"Place it on his finger and repeat after me." Liam nodded firmly taking Zayns left hand in his. He slipped the first ring on, then the second, and lastly the promise ring.

"I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you."

"To be my partner, husband, and best friend to the end of my days."

"To be my partner, husband, and best friend to the end of my days." Liam exhaled. He still held Zayns hand in his, rubbing patterns.

"The love already shared by your hearts has been strengthened by the vows you have taken and the rings you have now exchanged."

The two boys smiled brightly to each other. Since they rehearsed they knew it was near the end.

"Zayn and Liam, we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage. In the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today, it is my honor and delight to declare you two, henceforth, as a newly married couple. Partners in life... for life. You may now seal your vows with a kiss." The officiant closed his small script book stepping away from them and out of frame.

Zayn looked up to Liam as the elder looked down to him. "I love him" both boys thought before reaching out to hold the other and locking in a sweet, melting kiss.

The audience all stood clapping excitedly but they were so in their own world that they didn't even hear anything but the beat of the others heart. With their hands still held below them they moved them to deepen the kiss a little.

The crowd took notice at the lingering embrace and all "whooped" for them. This brought them out of their trance looking out onto the sea of people there to support them. They turned to each other and pecked.

"I love you Zayn Javadd." Liam spoke only for Zayn to hear.

"I love you too big meanie." Zayn joked as he held his jaw.

"We gotta figure this last name out. Ready?" The man wiggled his brow as he held his hand out to Zayn signaling their exit.

The artists started their exit song which was their cover of "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. Typical yes Zayn knows.

"We'll talk about that later. I'm hungry." Zayn said kissing Liam's cheek then taking his hand. The crowd was still in a roar of applause and cheers so they didn't hear any of the conversation between them. They stood and in hand and faced the aisle making their way toward the curtain followed by their whole party.

It was them, Louis linked with Harry, Ed and Doniya, Alesso and Gigi, then Zedd and Kendall. They all walked to the upbeat of the song smiling and waving to their friends or family in the audience. When the final pair exit the space the curtain fell.

As the guests exit the opposite way and leaving the space to get prepared for cocktail hour at 5, the party all grouped in the foyer. They all ran to the newlyweds and gave them a massive group hug. Liam and Zayn, hands still intertwined, looked to each other and locked lips again.

"Maybe this contract wasn't so bad." Zayn whispered to him.

"Nah. I guess not." Liam tested as Zayn shook his head rolling his eyes then kissing his husband again.

"Husband... I can get use to that." Zayn thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 346 60
After "The Wedding of the Century" everything was smooth sailing for all of them. Life had been normal the last two years. Everyone was working on th...
279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
112K 7.8K 42
[COMPLETED] Published: 8th May 2016. 'Listen, smile and nod, then do whatever the fuck you were going to do in the first place' That was billionaire...
73.2K 4K 45
#BackForYou Liam James Payne heir of the Payne industry.. Though he was born in a rich family, he was a very down to earth person and from his very c...