The Other Sister (An Avenger'...

Door Nerdfanatic247

This is a reader insert story. That means you are my main character. You fill the spotlight and I hope you al... Meer

INTRODUCTION
The Birth of a Princess
Prank Changing Destiny
The Boy From A Different Planet
Abduction
Lost and Found
The Return of a Princess
The Man of Metal on Midgard
The Helacarrier
Not A Team But A Chemical Mixture of Chaos
Chitauri Invasion
Departing of Heroes
The Princess of Treason
The Gem of Leguardian
Escaping Asgard
Another Heartbreak
The Battle of Greenwich
Deeply Missed
An Orb For New Beginnings
Who's Side Are You On?
The Kyln
The Truth Revealed
The Escape Plan
It's All About Trust
If Only For A Moment Life Was Perfect
The Infinity Stone
Back On The Ravager Ship
12 % Of A Plan
The Battle Of Xandar: Part One
The Battle Of Xandar: Part Two
The Start Of A New Family
Three Months Later
We're Both Dancers
Piloting With What's Between Your Ears and Not Your Legs
His Name Is Ego
A God With A Small G
Dance With Me
Bearer Of Bad News
Hey There, Jackass
He's Mary Poppins
Death Surrounds Us
Two Years Later
Symbolism For Love
1 Year And Two Months Later
Stopping The Ragnarok Prophecy
An Unexpected Reunification
177 A Bleecker Street
The Other Sister
Sakaar and The Grandmaster
Never Can Expect The Unexpected
A Valkyrie
An Old Friend From Work
We Have To Get Off This Planet
The Quinjet
Fugatives Of Sakaar
The Revengers
The Devil's Anus
Ensuring Asgards Doom
Asgard Is Not A Place. It's A People.
The Beginning Of The End
The Guardians Of The Galaxy
Reunited Under Horrible Circumtances
A Unthinkable Promise
Reality Isn't Always What It Seems
To Tell Or Not To Tell
Peter's POV: Rescue Mission
A Heavy Price To Pay
We're In The Endgame Now
There's Always A Reason
AVENGER'S ENDGAME
23 Days
The End of A Titan/ A New Family Member
FIVE YEARS LATER
Is It Really Possible?
A Jolly Green Giant
New Asgard
A Team Gathering Again
When and Where

The Death of a Queen

398 21 0
Door Nerdfanatic247

For months things were great. Peter and I went on adventures together and we became the best of friends. Sometimes it felt like we were more than that with all the flirty looks, and comments. But Peter never asked to court me in any sort of fashion. And one thing I was quick to notice was that he was very friendly with all kinds of women throughout the galaxy...

I was cleaning my ship one evening with Aren and we were just spending some quality time together. As I had been spending all my time with Peter.

    "Thanks for your help, Aren. Can you just clean the arsenal and I think we will be done." I huffed with my hands on my hips looking around.

    "Of course." Aren nodded.

He left the front of the ship and went down below to our arsenal. I finished wiping the screens in the kitchen area when suddenly the one I was wiping, lit up as someone was calling. I raised a brow at my screen and clicked the green answer button.

    "Hello?" I asked carefully.

    "Y/n? Is that you?" Thor's voice came through the monitor.

    "Yes, it's me." I said quickly allowing the video feed to go on. As both of our screens turned on I quickly knew something was wrong. My brother's face was solemn and his eyes were puffy. "What's wrong, Thor?" I asked softly, dread filling my being.

    "Y/n, it's... Our Mother... She is dead." Thor spoke lowly and I gasped.

    "I-I... What? How?" I gasped as I took a seat in shock.

    "Dark Elves invaded Asgard, Y/n. Her life was taken by one named Malekith. Mother was trying to protect Jane."

    "Jane? What's wrong with Jane?" I asked quickly. "Why is she on Asgard?" I asked with a frown.

    "Due to the oncoming convergence she was portalled to the place the Aether was being kept. It bonded and infected her. We were trying to safely remove it from her body when it attracted the Dark Elves." Thor explained and I listened intently. "I was hoping you would be near by to make it to Mother's funeral."

    "Oh, Thor. I-I don't know." I said unsure.

    "She would have wanted you there. Do not let Father's harsh sentencing keep you from coming home. I know you and you would regret it if you didn't come." Thor sighed and I knew he was right.

    "Okay." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "I will be there, albeit I likely won't be able to come as myself."

    "Don't worry. I will help keep you shielded. It will take place tomorrow at night fall." Thor said warmly. "I will see you soon, sister."

    "See you soon, brother."

I ended the call and slumped into my seat.

    "Hey, so I brought some Zarg-nuts, cheese, and some space boxes for lunch. Figured you were probably hungry after all that cleaning." Peter said as he walked into the ship. He looked up as he entered into the kitchen area to see me blankly staring. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Peter's soft voice carried through me like a bag of bricks. My Mother was dead and I missed it. I wasn't there for her, or my people. I pulled my knees up to my chest and began to cry, letting tears flow from my eyes. In all the years I've been alive I don't think I've ever been saddened enough to allow myself to shed tears. Even when I've been in pain. I couldn't help it.

Peter quickly set down the snacks and lunches on the table before rushing over beside me. Bending down and wrapping his arms around my body. I sobbed and sobbed, getting his shirt all wet as I had wrapped myself around him. Aren had heard the commotion and walked upstairs looking between us confused. Peter only shrugged at him as I made no effort to tell either of them what was wrong. Aren motioned for Peter to bring me back to my sleeping quarters so I might lay down to relax.

Without even trying to see if I would walk there. Peter scooped me up into his arms and carried me to my bedroom on the ravenger ship. Tears continued to flow from my eyes. I wasn't even sure how so much water could be built up in my body because it just kept coming...

He laid me down and sat beside me for a while just simply rubbing my back unsure of how else to help. Peter tried to get up from the bed but I quickly grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes, begging him to stay. It was like unspoken communication between us. I moved over and Peter laid down beside me in the bed taking me close in his arms. I cried and cried laying against Peter's chest and listening to his heart beat. I didn't know what I would have done if he wasn't here. The thrumming coming from his chest, even though it began to beat faster as I curled into him, lulled me to sleep.

I woke the next morning in my familiar room comfortable and content more so than normal. I went to stretch but soon realized I couldn't move very far. I looked beside me seeing Peter still in my bed and he was curled around me. He was very handsome even when he was sleeping. The way his long hair laid in his face, the way his mouth hung open slightly and soft snores escaped him. I chuckled lightly and carefully moved his arm from off my torso climbing out from the bed. I grabbed a notepad from my side drawer and scribbled down quickly.

Dear Starlord,
You will wake soon and I will not be here. But do not worry about me, I will return soon. Unless of course, I get captured... I'm kidding. I will be fine. I've just lost my Mother and I must return home for a short period of time. But I will be back, I promise.
Love,
Your Starlight

I placed the neatly written note on the bed where Peter would not miss seeing it. I sighed as I walked out of the room and away from him. I moved quickly through the halls until I made it to the launch bay where my ship sat in her usual spot. As I entered the ship and prepared to take my seat I jumped as Aren turned around in my Captain's chair with arms crossed.

    "And just where do you think you are going?" Aren questioned.

    "Aren, I must return home. Mother has died."

    "Y/n going back to Asgard means your capture and likely your execution. I cannot allow it. I am sorry to hear about your mother. Frigga was a wonderful queen." Aren sighed and I huffed.

    "I will be fine. Thor is going to help me, okay? I promise I'll be as safe as I can but I must go. If I don't I will regret it. I can't miss this, Aren, please." I begged and gave him the biggest eyes I could.

    "Oh come now, that doesn't work on my anymore." Aren rolled his eyes and desperately tried not to look at me. His arms crossed his chest and I knelt down in front of him trying anything I could to get him too look at my face. Which worked because he turned to look at me and groaned. "I will escort you."

    "No, Aren, I must do this alone. Just... Be on stand by, okay?" I asked softly.

    "Y/n..." Aren groaned.

    "Please!"

    "Fine! Why are you so easy to give into." He scoffed and removed himself from my chair.

    "Because I'm me and that's part of my speciality." I bragged and he scoffed. "Okay, okay. It's cause you love me and you trust me. I will come back soon I promise."

    "I anxiously await your return." Aren hugged me and exited my ship.

I lifted into the air and headed off for Asgard.

As I made it there it was nearly nightfall. I landed my ship just outside the gardens hidden in the tree line as Thor had instructed me. Out in the woods were garments of clothing that I could wear and wrap around myself to remain unseen. But so that was I might attend the funeral as myself and not disguised as someone else. I moved through the large crowds of Asgardian's towards the water.

    "Your highness." Heimdall whispered as I stood up behind him. I jumped slightly and looked up at him sheepishly.

    "Hello, old friend." I whispered and he squeezed my hand.

    "You've just barely made it. Your brother worried for you." He said simply and I sighed.

    "I know, I'm sorry. It took longer than I thought to get here. And I had to wait for nightfall so I wouldn't be seen."

    "I know." He smiled. "Your mother came to me daily for updates on you."

    "I miss her so much. I should have been here." I sighed.

    "She understood, your highness. We all do." Heimdall said with a nod and I nodded back at him.

Lights lit up the water and flower petals floated forward as a large casket was pushed into the water. I held my breath as I watch my mother's unmoving body be pushed out in a traditional Asgardian funeral. One of the warriors after given the signal from Odin lit a flame on his arrow and shot it out into the open water towards the floating casket. His aim was true and Mother's body was lit a flame. It floated towards the waterfall's edge and Odin stamped his staff allowing the casket to float through the air. The casket turned to that of dust and my Mother's spirit raised up towards the heavens to join with the ancestors.

The people of Asgard let out balls of light into the sky. The funeral ended beautifully. I walked up to my old room and waited there. The door opened after moments and in walked Thor and Jane.

    "You'll be able to sleep in here. It will be comfortable and I shall be right next door should you need me." Thor said as they entered the room.

    "Uh, I think the rooms already occupied." Jane mentioned confused as she spotted me standing up from the bed.

Thor looked down at her confused and looked up meeting my eye. He breathed and moved quickly towards me, engulfing me in a hug.

    "I am so glad you made it home."

    "Me too, Thor. Me too." I sighed and looked up smiling at the girl that was standing a bit irritated looking by my doorway. "And you must be Jane." I said as I held out my hand. "I am Y/n, Thor's sister."

    "Oh. OH! This is your sister! Wow, hi. It is wonderful to finally meet you. Gosh, you're gorgeous. I almost didn't even recognize you." Jane laughed as she pulled me in for a hug.

    "Well, thank you." I chuckled. "As are you. I wish we were meeting under different circumstances. I've heard much about you from my brother."

    "And I've heard so much about you as well." Jane smiled. "I agree and I'm so sorry about your Mother. I only had a short time with her but she was very kind and brave and she too spoke so fondly of you."

    "Thank you for that." I nodded. "So Thor, what is your plan?"

    "Getting right to it, are we?" Thor asked and I shrugged.

    "Might as well, right? Having the Aether inside her for much longer isn't a great idea." I mentioned and he nodded.

    "Well, I intend to pursue Malekith. Take Jane to the Dark World before Malekith can return and bring the fight upon our innocent people."

    "Sounds like a good plan. But uh, how exactly do we get off Asgard when the shields are down and the bifrost has been ordered closed?" I asked curiously.

    "Well, you know other ways in and out don't you?" Thor asked hopefully.

    "Well, Loki did teach me. That is how I got here. But I don't know the passage you seek to the Dark World. Only Loki knows that."

    "I was afraid of that." Thor sighed. "We will continue to plan in the morning. Jane needs rest." Thor said seeing her sway slightly.

    "I guess I am kinda tired." Jane agreed. "But I don't want to take your room over." She mentioned quickly.

    "Do not worry. I do not mind. I'm not all that tired anyway. I'll just make sure your safe while Thor tries to figure out more of his plans."

    "I don't want to be a bother..."

    "Nonsense. You can bother me anytime." I smiled. "After all it's wonderful to have another woman to speak with."

    "Then I shall leave you in my sister's most capable hands." Thor kissed Jane's hand and swiftly went the room.

    "Here you can get comfortable in this." I mentioned as I pulled out a nightgown from my old closet.

    "Thank you, Y/n. You are very kind." Jane smiled and I nodded.

    "Well, I certainly try to be."

Word Count: 2,183

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

44.8K 1.1K 38
When she walked into the party; Celeste never to expect to meet her soulmate, the one with ocean blue eyes that haunt her dreams. But another haunts...
993K 26.2K 52
You are a genius, and when you get invited to one of Tony Stark's parties, your life changes forever. Growing up as an orphan (no, none of the Aveng...
6.9K 221 9
Y/N is the newest Avenger. ( Set during Avengers 1) Loki is being held in Avengers a Tower. Y/N got lost in her new home and stumbled upon Loki's cel...
415K 11.1K 41
"Did you know" "Loki..." "DID YOU KNOW!!!" "yes....." "WHY.!....ARE YOU JUST LIKE FATHER!" "no... You're wrong, Loki..... I love you with all of my h...