Living In The Muggle World (D...

By beforesleepstories

"She was just an ordinary muggle, and he was a pureblooded wizard." *** Y/N was nervous to touch him. Draco w... More

A WORD
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 42

587 73 26
By beforesleepstories

Y/N's POV

I had confirmed my decision by the time we reached Billy's again. Jason had again requested to drop me at home. But I denied the idea giving the same old reason.

"After your birthday, maybe?" he had asked.

"Definitely, then," I had said.

And it was true. There was hardly a week remaining before my birthday arrived, and I would go out with Jason officially.

Today, Jason did more than just impress me. Initially, I had suspected the whole surprise date thing was a way to show off his popularity. But then I realised it was his way of getting to know me. And tonight, I had some of the best times of my life with him.

We did get to know each other through our conversations. It was just like Jason wanted — real. He was one of those rare guys to whom emotions weren't cringed in a relationship. The ones who weren't afraid of commitment. And I realised how good it felt to be real with someone, to be yourself.

Although, there were many things I hid from Jason. Most of them were concerning Draco. I wish I didn't have to, but I couldn't tell him either.

Jason and I also talked about finding the right person. He was frank about his previous relationships and how somewhere he had always known that none of them was going to last.

I had thought it to be one of the lines that he used on every girl — You are so perfect, unlike my exes. Surprisingly, it wasn't that. He said I had imperfections too. But loving a person despite their imperfections was supposed to be true love. He hadn't felt anything like that yet, and neither had I. But it did make me realise that I hadn't been in love with Andrew, Draco or Jason, for that matter. My real person was yet to be found, just like Jason's real person was yet to be found.

"I'm hoping, though," Jason had said, "That it should be you."

That was one of the lines. I had chuckled, blushed, and ignored it.

Now, getting out of Jason's car, I wondered if I could see Jason becoming the right person in my life. But that was an unanswerable question. If I needed to know, I had to find it on my own by taking forward this relationship. And that would be worth it with someone like Jason.

"I hope you liked my surprise," Jason said and held my hands.

"I did," I said in a low voice. Intertwining my fingers with his, I whispered, "Thank you."

"You have said that for the fourth time tonight," Jason teased. "And no need to thank me. I did it because I wanted to."

I didn't know how else to respond to him besides thanking him. So, I just smiled, raised my tip toes and kissed him on the lips.

"Now, that's how I'd like to be thanked," he said when I pulled back. I chuckled, and we kissed again.

"I was hoping to take you to my place after our next date," Jason said, pushing the strands of my hair behind my ear.

"You can," I said and saw his face light up, "If our third date is going to be after my birthday."

Jason rolled his eyes. "I'm not sure I can wait until then for a third date."

"Then you gotta have a little more patience," I chuckled.

"I was wondering if we can go out again this weekend," he suggested, "One last time before I take that trip."

"Yeah," I said, nodding, "I think we can."

"Great," Jason said, "Saturday, seven o'clock. You choose the place."

"Done," I said.

"Well, good night then," Jason said and kissed me. "Are you sure you don't want me to drop you home? I'll drive quietly. Your parents won't notice."

"It's alright, Jason," I said. "I don't want to take a risk. I'm not on good terms with them already. I don't wanna worsen it."

"As you say," he said and kissed my forehead.

"Good night!" I smiled and watched him go. Sighing, I turned when Jason's car disappeared from sight.

I took a few steps to go back home when I heard a voice saying, "So, I'm guessing the date went well, muggle."

Turning around, I found the gleaming grey eyes staring at me from a distance.

***

Draco watched Y/N startle as she turned out. He knew she hadn't expected to see him here. He hadn't expected to call her out either. That was something he would do in his drunk state. But he had realised that was not much distinction between his real self and his drunk self. The only difference was he was rudely honest about his state of mind when he was drunk.

Draco wasn't drunk right now. But he was surely high on caffeine. He had read it on one of the paintings inside Billy's café.

Y/N hadn't responded yet. She kept looking at him, trying to see him clearer. "Did you come back here to see me?" she finally asked.

"Came back, never went home, who knows?" he said, straightening himself.

Draco didn't want Y/N to know he was still at Billy's. But the words flew out of his mouth even before he could fully process them. The muggle drink coffee seemed stronger than alcohol.

It was highly unlike him to get jealous over a muggle. But when Draco saw Y/N kissing Jason, he banged his coffee table with a loud noise which startled the other customers.

"You okay, man?" Billy had asked.

Draco had paid his bill and left the café. He hadn't expected to see Y/N with Jason still standing outside. He was caressing her hair like Draco once had. It made Draco's heartache. It was jealousy anymore; it was pure pain. And perhaps it was that pain talking to Y/N.

"I needed to talk to you, anyway," Y/N said.

Draco certainly hadn't expected that. He looked at her with interest. "And what is it that you have to say?" he asked.

"We need to stop this, Draco," she said, walking closer to him.

"Stop what?"

"Whatever we have been doing," Y/N said.

"And what exactly are we doing?"

Draco was playing foolishly on purpose. There were two reasons for it. One, because he wanted to hear it from Y/N. Two, he didn't want to believe it.

"You know what we are doing, Draco," she sighed.

"And you want to put an end to it?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied, "I have thought about it a lot. Dani was right..."

"Danielle?" Draco asked, interrupting Y/N.

"Yes," Y/N said, "She made me see how complicated this was. And what I was doing. This isn't right, Draco. This is not fair to Jason."

"And since when did you start to care about him?"

"Since today," Y/N firmly said. Jealousy pinched Draco again.

"Jason likes me," she continued, "I can see that. And I cannot cheat on him by fooling around with you."

"You think I don't like you?" Draco abruptly asked.

"It's not like that," Y/N explained, "But we have no future. You said that yourself. Plus, you were the one who wanted me to see other people. So, now that I have started liking Jason, it shouldn't bother you."

"You... you like him?" Draco asked in a low voice.

He saw Y/N nodding before saying, "I'm sorry, Draco. I know this is sudden, but I have begun to realise I was wrong. We shouldn't have got together. Or I shouldn't have started seeing Jason. But now, it would be just wrong to him if I kept liking you."

"So, you just used me then..." he said.

"No!" Y/N said. "Please, don't say that."

"Doesn't change it," Draco said, "Isn't that what you did?"

"No, Draco," Y/N pressed, "You are a good friend of mine, and I still do care about you. It's just... we cannot..."

"Because you have found someone else," Draco said, "And you're going to leave me for him."

"We were NOT together in the first place, Draco," Y/N shouted. "Why are you not getting this? YOU were against the idea of us doing this. Now that I'm backing out, why aren't you supporting me?"

"Because it's different now," Draco said.

"Look, Draco," Y/N said, "I don't know how to say this without being selfish. Maybe I am being selfish. But that doesn't change my decision."

Draco nodded, gazing down. He had understood that no matter what he said, Y/N had confirmed her choice. And perhaps it was for the best. He wasn't supposed to get involved with the muggles anyway.

"You really want to end this, huh?" he asked the last time, meeting Y/Ns eyes, hoping she might change her answer. But all she did was nod her head lightly before whispering, "I'm sorry."

Y/N's POV

I couldn't sleep well last night. Draco's face popped into my mind every time I closed my eyes. I had truly hurt him. And even though it might have looked like I was okay with it, I wasn't. It hurt me as much as it did Draco.

I couldn't face him today. The last night I broke the news to him, his sparkling eyes grew dull. I was afraid to see his pale face haunt me today, reminding me of how I used him.

I had made a choice, but what did it cost? I lost Draco. I know he wouldn't want to see me again. I could make it out from the look he gave me last night. And the worst part was, he wasn't drunk.

Draco was sober, and his face said he didn't want to be even friends with me. He clearly seemed to have lost his faith in me. Or was there a spark left? Whatever remained was of no use. I used Dani's advice. And I believed I did the right thing.

The pain was going to come eventually. Either now or when Draco would have to leave. This was going to happen one day. Better today than tomorrow. I would have to suffer a lot more than now if the process had been delayed any further.

Yes, I was in pain now. I was suffering from having hurt Draco. But that didn't mean I should consider changing my decision. I believed that the pain would go away with time. Draco would become a fragment of my memory. It would be like a silly school crush. And I could finally forget about him.

I got up from my bed and went downstairs. I needed a cup of coffee to distract me from these thoughts. My condition was so bad that I would agree to listen to my parents lecture if I had to. But I needed to get rid of the images from last night appearing before me.

I poured myself a cup of coffee while my mom was busy cooking something. Dad was at work, and grandma was watching the television.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Mom asked me to get it, so I left the cup on the table and went to open the door.

The men in the uniforms stood at our doorstep. There was a male cop with two female cops with him.

"Yes, officer?" I asked.

"Ms Cloverfly?" the male officer asked. I nodded.

"Who is it, Y/N?" mom called and walked near me.

"What happened, officer?" mom asked.

"We have a complaint against Mr Andrew Adams that he tried to sexually assault your daughter in the city library," the officer said and turned to me. "We need your confirmation to file the official complaint and arrest Mr Adams accordingly."

I sensed my body going stiff. Panic began arousing in my stomach.

"What is he saying, Y/N?" mom faced me. "Is it true?"

"Mom, I will explain later..." I said. "Officer, who lodged this complaint?"

"I did," I heard Draco say as he appeared from behind the female officers.

"Draco," I whispered.

"Y/N, are you going to explain what's happening here? Is it true?"

I nodded, keeping my eyes on Draco.

"We need to come with us, ma'am," the officer said, "You will need to sign a few papers to file an official complaint."

"When did this happen, Y/N, honey? Why didn't you tell us? Who is this Andrew guy? And what did he do to you?" mom shook me, concerned. But I remained still, watching a slight smirk forming on Draco's lips.

God, is this how he is going to take revenge on me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 659 44
Emily Potter is Harry Potter's twin sister. They have always been together in everything. Until their letter came in the mail. They got to Hagwarts a...
418 0 25
hi guys, this is my first ever story so be nice! i've read quiet a few of these fanfics and i decided to give it a shot. ____________________________...
6K 167 22
Following the war...long after her friends had married and went off to live their own lives...Y/N, a Ravenclaw and close friend of Harry's, returned...
1.4M 39.4K 72
Y/n L/n was a quiet girl, she liked to keep her circle small. She came from a wealthy family. Her parents were both Slytherin, so naturally she was s...