The Contract

By ZJMforlife

"I didn't sign up for this! My parents made me. You don't have to sit there and pretend you care Liam!" Zayn... More

Introduction
The announcement
Under one condition
Family feud
The Hideout Lounge
In enemy territories
Slowly slipping
Only business
Second thoughts
The signing
Sneaky link?
You good?
Curiouser and curioser
Dangerous Liaisons
Aftermath
Showmance
Talk of shame
Weight of the world
Psychological evaluation
Avoidance
Confrontational
Crossroads
Karmas a B
A whole lot of history
Cheers to 2023
Ghost of New Years past
Feeling 22
Love fiction
Under the mic
"James Dean daydream look in your eye"
Mistakes of up and down
Sealed with a kiss
Infatuated
Time flies
Spring breakers
You have my heart
Malik family values
Group effort
Hannah Montana moment
Venues and vacations
26 years young
The Daily Show
VIVA LAS ZIAM
Old thoughts
What happens in Vegas
Stays in Vegas
"It is, and always was you."
No place like home
Book bluff
Story of our lives
"And it was all Yellow"
"I do"
Crazy Rich Brits
"Here with you is where i'm meant to be."
Discharged
Destination you
Epilogue
Sequel?
Sequel!!!!!

Forever and always

240 17 3
By ZJMforlife

The last couple of weeks since Zayn was so busy with school all his modeling duties were put on hold. He wanted his focus to only be on school at the moment. His mind was in full student mode.

Liam was doing some studying of his own too. He went over and over in his notes app what he had typed in the past few days. It was the short speech he would be reciting on one knee in front of everyone and more importantly Zayn.

Even though it was a staged proposal he couldn't help but still feel nervous about it. Yeah he had promised Zayn privately and it was a sweet intimate moment, but this was in front of their close friends and family along with the whole world.

He's never been more sure of anything in his life. He's not entirely sure what shifted in such a short time but he knew that he truly wanted to do this. Before all of this yes, he knew wasn't the best.

Everything he did in the past was because he was running from all his feelings. Jumping from one fling to the next, trying to please his father, battling within himself to keeping his sexuality relatively hidden, the pain from his first relationship, his accident, and suppressing the childhood feelings he experienced for the boy he grew up with.

It wasn't until getting into this bind with him that he realized just how far he pushed everything down, sometimes he wondered what Zayn saw in him all along. He wanted to be perfect for him. Little did he know that deep down Zayn always thought he was.

After finals and getting their grades posted graduation came. Zayn and Harry drove to the ceremony excitedly in their cap and gowns. It was a big moment for them. They started this chapter of their lives together and here they were finishing it.

When they got to the schools arena they gave each other one more hug until they had to group with people in their degrees. Zayn sat next to some of his friends that he's been in the same courses with all four years. They snapped pictures took boomerangs and waited for it to start.

Liam sat with all of Zayns supporting group. His family, Kendall, Gigi, Niall, his own parents Karen and Geoff, along with Harry's parents too. Harry had a smaller family than Zayns so they sat together. He also invited Louis to come along and was accompanied by his seven year old.

Thanks to Niall's connections they sat in one of the upper closed off sections since they were all pretty much high profile figures. He hired security to discreetly stand by when they were outside in the crowd of graduates and loved ones, just in case.

Liam sat next to Niall and Louis nervously bouncing his leg. They were the only two who knew he was proposing in a few hours. "Don't be nervous." Louis took note of his frantic leg lowering his voice.

"Yeah don't worry about it. It's going to be fine." Niall smiled patting his back.

"I just want it to be perfect." He took a deep breath.

"I mean technically he has to say yes, obviously bu-" Louis started as Niall shot him a look. "I mean of course it's perfect." He turned to see Freddie laughing it up with the two models a few seats up.

"Real subtle." Niall scoffed. "Look don't even think about it. Honestly I'd be more nervous if you weren't nervous." He calmed his voice. "It just shows that you truly love him." Liam eased up a bit at Niall's words dropping his tense shoulders.

The ceremony started after all the long speeches from the Dean and a few chosen students. One by one in alphabetical order each degree was called up. Zayn would be called early on as Harry was toward the end of the ceremony.

Before he walked the stage Zayns heart was pounding. All the memories of the past four years came rushing at him. He was going to miss being in school if he was honest. It was his little slice of normal among his crazy upbeat life.

His major started next and the pit of excited nerves grew in his stomach. When the person in front of him was announced he stepped up and slipped the announcer the sheet with his name and degrees.

"Bachelors of Honors English with a minor in Fashion, Zayn Javadd Malik!" The announcer emphasized.

At the cue he set of down the walkway and smiled. Majority of the time he had to keep a straight face so he had to break that. With a huge roar from the crowd and classmates his smile grew.

He shook all the faculty hands then reached the dean who handed him his fake degree for the photo with them. He posed then tons of flashes snapped. Word did get out that his graduation was today so extra photographers were in attendance.

His family and friends were screaming the whole time he even heard them as he walked back to his seat. The whole arena was filled to the brim so spotting them wasn't easy.

He took his seat and waited for his best friends major. "Bachelors of Photography with a minor in Psychology, Harry Edward Styles!" hollered for him as well as their group. He tried searching for them in his seat but still couldn't spot the bunch.

After all the graduates were called and they moved their tassels from the right to the left, he and Harry found each other on the floor and tackled one another in a death gripping embrace. They caught up with some of their friends as well as some professors. All the families in the meantime headed outside the arena where they waited for their graduate.

Harry knew exactly where they'd be since Liam told him before so he led his best friend to the spot. The whole group anxiously awaited both of their arrivals as tons of graduates poured through the doors.

When Zayn and Harry emerged from the crowd of cap and gowns it was nothing but screams, laughs, tears, and tons of hugs from everyone.

Everybody got their time to congratulate him and take selfies with him. He even met Louis little boy who called him "uncle Zayn" and it was the cutest thing ever.

Harry's family was standing with them as well but they branched off into their own conversation. Harry stayed close enough to still be present for the big moment so he kept listening

"Zayn! Let's get some group pictures yeah? I want to get these for an article!" Niall said pointing to the photographer that was already there.
Zayn wondered why he was there, but then assumed Niall just had him for publicity reasons since he saw him take a picture when he was with Liam.

"Sure! Haz get over here!" Zayn waved him over as their small group Joined in. Everyone grabbed their phones as well taking pictures of the two best friends.

After everyone got their turn, once again Liam was last. Naturally the two started talking and joking like any other couple and those shots were the best ones. Niall gave the photographer a nod signaling it was time.

"Hey can I get you guys to stand over her a bit? I want to get the college logo in the back." He directed as Liam and Zayn adjusted. A few shots and different poses after he began setting up the photo.

"Okay so if you could stand facing back to back." They followed. Louis, Niall, and Harry started getting excited for the scene about to unfold in front of them.

"Now take a step forward... yes perfect okay now look back at each other." They did so as they caught glimpse and giggled at one another's look. "Now look away again for a second..."

That was his cue and his stomach dropped. He looked to Niall, Harry, then Louis and they all gave him a smile with a reassuring nod. He slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out the box, turning and dropping to his knee

A few light audible gasps were heard from the people around. Gigi and Kendall were on the verge of tears. Both of their families were wide mouthed, and Freddie was confused at all the reactions.

"Perfect okay just hold it for a couple more seconds." the photographer tried distracting Zayn as he started taking notice of the shift in overall vibe around him. "Nice! So go ahead and turn around..."

Zayn relaxed his posing stature and turned around to see Liam down on one knee. His heart skipped a few beats at that moment and he was at a loss for words. He knew it was coming but didn't think today of all days would be that day.

The atmosphere around them went silent when people noticed what was going on. Cameras started recording all around them, but they were too busy in their own little world to notice.

"Liam..." Zayns hands covered his mouth. He was really shocked. He figured that one day since they both knew it was coming he'd know about it.

"Zayn, you've been in my life since as long as I can remember. I couldn't even fathom what my life would have been like if you weren't in it. While there's many more reasons, If you let me, I'd love to tell you the four main reasons why I love you and that make me want to call this forever and always..." he said effortlessly.

Zayn moved closer to him nodding as his eyes started getting watery. The way Liam looked up at him with those big puppy dog eyes made him even more weak. His softer side came out on full display at the moment.

"I love you because you inspire me to be a better person."

"I love you because you're a light in my life. One that I really needed. No matter what you're always so positive."

"I love you because you've been extremely patient with me throughout some of my lowest points." He said tears forming in the corners of his eyes. Zayn placed a hand on his cheek and Liam leaned into his soft touch feeling a sense of warmth.

"And lastly but certainly not least, I love you because even in all the chaos of our lives, you make me feel safe. And I hope to do the same for you so if you will... Will you marry me?" He said pilling the ring out from the box and holding it between his fingers.

"Yes Liam. Of course I'll marry you!" Zayn said leaning down and wrapping his arms around him. His tears fell all down his face as he wiped at them.

Everyone around erupted into a fit of applause. Their families and friends around them were all tearful. Liam slipped the ring on his finger and the photographer snapped more pictures. Seconds later they were swarmed by all of their family.

Liam held Zayn at his side and every few seconds he would look to him. He couldn't believe he could officially call Zayn his Fiancé.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 213 13
Louis is a graduate and typically, people know what they want to do after they graduate. Not Louis. Louis stayed the same as he always was. He would...
18.4K 1.6K 29
✓ Completed He always had everything he wanted handed to him in silver platter, except one thing he absolutely craves for. He was in the process of b...
29.9K 1.2K 35
Louis comes to the bakery every morning and he knows everyone there. They know Louis personally that his friends with everyone who works there. There...
474 40 2
This is Liam's story. Liam, who is always second to Harry until Zayn picks him first. A lot happens before and after it. Alternatively, the one in w...