Big Bro/Foreboding [Naruto Fa...

By Katsumski

A young Naruto fan had a difficult life- been hated by his old high school due to his actions. The young Naru... More

Book 1: Big Bro Chapter 1: The Book
Chapter 2: Welcome to Konoha
Chapter 3: Yukine's Story In This World
Chapter 4: A Fragment Of Yukine's Missing Memory
Chapter 5: Naruto's Journey Begins
Chapter 6: His smile makes me smile
Chapter 7: Reunion
Chapter 8: Resemblance
Chapter 9: Naruto's nightmare
Chapter 10: Naruto's Voice
Chapter 11: Memories of Her....
Chapter 12: Brotherly Bond
Chapter 13: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 14: Ramen Time!
Chapter 15: I'm Sorry, Baby Bro
Chapter 16: New Student
Chapter 17: Kakashi, my guardian
Chapter 18: Naruto became a Genin!!!
Chapter 19: Team Kakashi & Yukine
Chapter 20: My Bond With The Uchiha
Chapter 21: Time for the Bell Test
Chapter 22: The Demon Brothers
Chapter 23: Zabuza & Haku
Chapter 24: The Forest of Chakra
Chapter 25: Inari's Father
Chapter 26: I've reached my limit
Additional chapter: Yukine's dark past
Chapter 27: The Great Uzumaki-Narukami Bridge
Chapter 28: A date? With who?
Chapter 29: Sasuke's back to himself....for now
Chapter 30: A familiar person
Day 1 Before The Chūnin Exams (Akaashi Matsudera- Uzumaki)
Day 2 Before The Chūnin Exams Part 1 (Raiden Kaminari)
Day 2 Before The Chūnin Exams Part 2 (Raiden Kaminari)
Day 3 Before The Chūnin Exams (Kitsune Eto)
Day 4 Before The Chūnin Exams (Takashi Davura) (Best Friend Reunite)
Last day before the Chūnin Exams (Kirkou)
Chapter 31: A little reunion with Jiraiya
Chapter 32: The Invasion has begun...
Chapter 33: Naruto's Sorrow
Chapter 34: Goodbye, Big Bro...
Chapter 35: I've finally meet them
Yukine Narukami's Profile
Chapter 36: The Funeral...
Chapter 37: The Truth with Rin and Takashi
Chapter 38: It's Just You & me
Final Chapter: A new beginning
One Question...
Book 2: Foreboding: Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 36: The Funeral...

252 5 0
By Katsumski

On the last chapter....

"I didn't know you were so impatient with someone like me, Yuki-Kun. It's not really you......."

"I-I never I  thought........I never thought that I would ever see you again............Rin-Chan....."

And so....we continue the story....

Why do I feel....sad? It's like someone is grieving for me? I don't know why.....

I gasped when I realized something's wrong. I grabbed Rin's shoulders and push her off of me.

"Naruto!" I shouted out. "Where is he!?"

Rin had a concerned look as she spoke, "He's heading to the Hokage tower with Tadashi and the rest."

"Wait? Isn't it today..." My words faded away as Rin nodded.

"Yes, today is The Third Hokage and your funeral." She said.

I gasped as I gripped the blanket. "How long when I was dead?"

"Three days." Rin answered.

"Three days? I've been dead for three days?" Back in heaven, it felt like I was there in a couple of hours. "But how...how am I even still alive?"

It took me a moment to process what just happened till Rin put her hands on mine. I look and she sad smile to me.

"I was the one who brought you back to life." She added.

My eyes became widened as I heard her said that. "You what? How's that even possible?"

"I-I....I can't tell you that, Yuki-Kun. It's hard for me to explain it to you. But we can't talk about it at this moment. Right now, I think it's best if you head to the funeral." She suggested.

Something's not right. Her body language and her facial expressions is off. Is she hiding something from me?

Nevertheless, I don't want to think about it right now. It'll lead me to more frustrations yet too much confusion while there's things I need to do. I'll talk to her after the funeral.

I stare at Rin and nodded. "Okay, but we're still going to have this conversation after the funeral, okay? I just need to know everything that happened and how you end up being in here."

She flinched a little as she look down and nodded. "O-okay."

I put my hand on her chin and raise her head to look at me. I smiled and hugged her once more. "I'm so happy that I get to see you again. You have no idea how much I missed you."

After I said that, I let go and tried to get off the bed. Rin stood up and helped me get up. She then went to a closet where there were a black outfit and my headband.

"You should get dressed up. I'll give you a hand." She spoke as I blushed a little.

"H-Huh? No, it's okay. You don't have to." I shook my head rapidly.

"Don't be afraid, Yuki-Kun. Besides, you need someone to help you get changed because you're still vulnerable from the surgery." She added.

"B-But-"

"Ah, ah! No buts! I am helping, whether you like it or not." She took the stuff out of the closet and place it on the bed.

I hesitated when I grabbed my hospital gown, blushing madly. Rin also grabbed it as we pulled it out of me. Once it was off of me, I was naked. But! I had boxers that was on me. The next thing I noticed was bandages wrapped around my stomach.

I look at Rin and she was blushing at me. I panicked as I stuttered, "S-Stop looking at me like that! It's embarrassing me!"

"S-Sorry!" She shook it off as she nervously laughed and turn away.

"Just help me, please. I feel uncomfortable." I said as she nodded and put the clothes on me. When she helped me, she touched my skin and her hand felt soft and gentle. What? Why am I saying that?

"T-Thanks." I blushed again as I put on my headband.

"It was my pleasure." She smiles as it makes me smile back. She went next to me as she said, "Let's go. The funeral is about to start."

When she was about to move, I didn't move. She look at me as I had a sad expression.

"Are you sure that I should show everyone that I'm alive when I go there?" I asked.

Rin walked up to me and said, "I think it's best if they know, Yuki-Kun. Naruto and the rest needs to know that you're alive."

"But, I want Lord Hokage to be alive too. I wasn't able to save him." I muttered.

"I know, but it happened. We can't change the things that is already meant to be. We just have to accept it." She console. "Lord Hokage would've been happy that you're alive, Yuki-Kun. He protected everyone who was precious to him. Because he had the will of fire inside him."

I look at the window and I see rain started to fall down. From that moment, Rin put her hand on my face, making me turn to her.

"What did Lord Hokage say to you when he died?" She asked.

"He....." I thought about it till I said, ".....He told me.....t-to take great care of....Naruto."

She nodded slowly as she gave me a hug. "I know it's hard to accept it, but he wanted us to be strong."

"I know.... It hurts.....so much." I said as I wiped my eyes from avoiding the tears coming out.

"We'll manage, Yuki-Kun...We need to get going. He's waiting for you." She said as I slowly nodded and make our way out of the hospital.

Times skipped

Me and Rin was walking to the Hokage tower and we didn't talk at all. It was raining and Rin was holding an umbrella between us.

My stomach kinda hurts when I take a step but, I managed to bare with it. I look around and I see a bunch of the villagers wearing all black clothes.

We've finally made it to the Hokage tower and there was a bunch of people surrounded the building. When we were about to head inside, an Anbu blocked our way.

"Halt! Who are you?" He asked with his hand in front of us.

Rin took the umbrella out of my face and revealed myself. From that moment, the Anbu gasped in shock.

"Yukine Narukami? You're alive? How's that possible?" He asked.

"Please, let us though. I need to pay respect to Lord Hokage." I said ignoring his question.

He realized and moved out of the way. "O-Of course. Go right ahead, sir."

"Let's go." I look at Rin as she nodded and we headed up the stairs.

Every step I take, I starting to remember when I first met with Lord Hokage.

Flashback....

"So you're Yukine Narukami?" The Hokage asked as he rose off his seat.

"It's an Honor to meet you, Lord Hokage." I gulped as I bow to him.

Lord Hokage smiled, "There's no need to be so formal for me, son."

I look at him and nodded. "Sorry, I'm kinda nervous to able to meet you.

"Oh? Why's that?" He asked.

"W-Well, you're the third Hokage, of course and one of the most legendary Shinobi of the hidden leaf village." I explained to him.

He became silent until he started to laugh. "Wow, I never heard someone said that to me in years."

I look at him confused as I spoke, "But you are."

He smiled and said, "I may be the Third Hokage, young lad, but I'm getting old and I need someone who's gonna be the Fourth Hokage."

"Fourth Hokage?" I became surprised as I said, "Who's going to be the Fourth, Lord Hokage?"

He chuckled, "That's a secret, Yukine. You'll find out soon."

I pouted, "Aw, why can't you just tell me, wrinkles?" I realized what I said and I panicked, "Ah! I didn't mean to say that! I apologize, Lord Hokage. Please forgive me!"

I bow to him and was scared of what he's going to do or say to me. Unexpectedly, I heard him laughing so hard.

"Wrinkles? That's hilarious!" He said as he pull himself together.

"Huh? You're not mad at me?" I asked.

"Of course I'm not mad at you, Yukine. It was pretty funny that you say that to me." He explained to me. "Regardless, I'd always wanted someone to talk to me like that. All these "respect to the Hokage" thing in my life is making me older every time."

"I see..." I commented. "So, you're fine for what I've said to you?"

He smiled as he went up to me. "Of course it's okay, Yukine. I'm not gonna do anything to you. So don't worry about it. Besides that, I'll announced who's gonna be the Fourth Hokage very soon."

"Okay, Wrinkles." I grinned as he chuckled and pat my head.

End of Flashback

"Yuki-Kun?" I snapped out of it as I look at Rin who was looking me worried.

I shook my head as I said, "It's nothing. Just lost my train of thoughts."

She nodded as she help me get up the stairs. I was kinda getting tired but, we'd manage to reach on top of the roof.

By the time we got there, I saw a bunch of Shinobis sitting in two groups. All of them wearing black clothes and all have despair and sadness to their face, especially Naruto.

He was tearing up a bit and Konohamaru was crying. I see everyone I recognize were all surrounded for Naruto.

Akaashi, Kakashi, Takashi, Kitsune, Raiden, Sasuke, Sakura, Iruka, and all of the rookies and Jounins were there.

From rust moment, I saw the elderly of the Leaf Village standing in the middle where there were pictures that died from the invasion, including mine.

"We are all gathered here to remember and honor to not only the Third Hokage, but to those that sacrifice their lives in the battle to make our village survived, including Yukine Narukami." The male elderly announced.

My heart was aching and I couldn't breathe for some reason. I was rapidly breathing and Rin look at me scared.

"Yuki-Kun, calm down. Take a deep breath." She said to me as she went in front of me and put her hands on my face. "Look at me."

I look and her and I stare right at her eyes. Her eyes were....beautiful. It's a light brownish color and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. That's when I calm down and took a deep breath.

"That's it, just breathe slowly." She said.

I closed my eyes as I continue the pace. Once I open my eyes, I turn my head back to the ceremony and saw someone who was standing in the middle. It was indeed, Naruto.

He was wiping the tears off his face and he was shaking a little. He looked like he'd been crying for hours and lack of sleep. That's when he took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Y-Yukine Narukami wasn't just a hero of this village, he was the most loving and caring person that you'll ever meet. He told me one thing that a Hokage must do. He told me "A Hokage must to be strong in order to protect others and be ready for anything." That gave the courage to never give up and be able to be strong enough to protect someone that is close to me." Naruto paused for a moment as he was choking up a bit and try to pull himself together as he continued to speak. "If you ever met with him in person, you can already tell how much of an inspirational person he was and how much he cares towards anyone- even though they're just strangers to him. H-He was always there not just me, but those who needed. For Akaashi, for Kitsune, for Raiden, for Tui, for everyone. If you were any danger, he would do anything to protect you. If you needed someone, he would be there for you- no matter what the circumstances. W-We're all going to miss him so much."

Naruto broke down, trying to stop him from crying. I couldn't help but to get choked up by the tone of his voice and the words he said. 'Baby Bro...'

"I-I've broke the Shinobi rule....Never show you're emotions ever. N-No matter how much you've hurt, never shed a tear." He said as he continued to cry, trying to wipe his eyes. "B-But, I just can't stop crying. I really miss him so much."

I took a good look around and I see everyone had guilt and sadness all across their faces. Even some of them hold in their emotions, including me. I couldn't stand and watch him breaking down because of me. I need to stop standing here, watching him breaking down in front of me.

"Stay here Rin-Chan. I gotta do this." I said to her. She nodded as I grab a black hoodie in my scroll, put it on so it covers fully my face, slowly and painfully walk up to Naruto.

From that moment, everyone notice me and looked at me confused as I spoke up, "You said you broke a shinobi rule, right? "Never show your emotions ever?" It doesn't make you human if you don't show your emotions."

Naruto looked up, seeing me with a surprised expression on his face. "Huh?"

"It really doesn't matter that if you can or can't show any emotions. That's what it makes us humans, emotions are part of us. We smile, cry, be mad, and laugh. It's how it makes us who we are." I explained. "In other words, I think Yukine would've wanted to see you cry because that's how it is when it comes to an event like this. He doesn't want you to hold back what you feel."

Naruto's face was angry with tears in his eyes as his hands was tightened. "Who do you think you are!? You have no idea how much pain that I have inside me! And what gives you the right to say those things to me!?"

I became silent, letting him say off his chest.

"I-I never in my life who ever experienced what is like to lose someone who was so close to me... I-It hurts so much, just so much pain inside me that I can't handle." He added as he wiping the tears off his eyes. "H-He was my big brother! I want him back!"

Watching my Baby Bro grieving for me that I felt....nothing. Everyone look at Naruto and all of them felt bad for him.

All of a sudden, I heard someone went behind me. I turn my head and it was Rin.

"Naruto..." She called him as he look up.

"Huh? Wait, you're that nurse from the hospital." Naruto pointed out.

Rin smiled as she said, "Actually, I'm not actually a nurse. I'm an old friend of Yukine."

"An old friend? What do you mean?" He asked. Wait, how do you even know my name?"

"Rin-Chan? What are you doing? I told you to stay there." I whispered to her.

She ignore me as she walked up to him. When she got closer, she kneel down at his height. "Yuki-Kun told me a lot about you."

"Huh? He did?" Naruto's eyes widened.

Rin nodded, "He told how he protected you from the angry villagers, adopted you to be his baby brother, and all the things that you guys did together on your journey."

'What? She knows what I've done for Naruto? But how?' I stare at Rin shock as she continues. 'Was she there in the very beginning?'

"I can tell that he'd loved you very much and you two never separated. I say, you're lucky to have an amazing big brother like him." She added.

".....But wait, I've never seen you before in my life. What's your name?" He asked.

She smiles at him as she told him, "My name is Rin."

"Rin..." Naruto repeated himself until he knows who she is. "You're Rin that Big Bro was talking about?"

Rin giggled, "Yep that's me. I guess that he mentioned you about me, right?"

"Yeah, he did. He'd told me about how you two met for the first time." Naruto replied.

"I see..." I saw Rin smiled until she asked, "Naruto, I wanted to ask you....What did your Big Bro promised you before he...?"

Naruto's face become darkened as he replied, "He.....He promised me that he'll be there for me....that he'll see me become Hokage...that he'll be by my side no matter what....but he couldn't keep his promise...."

Rin look back at me as I went up to him. I dropped down to my knees and stare into his eyes. What I've saw was pure sadness and depression from his eyes.

Unexpectedly, I reached and put my hand on his head, making him look at me as I said to him, "He did keep his promise, Naruto."

He shook his head, "No he didn't.....He died to protect our home."

I smiled as I chuckled. When I was done laughing, I continue, "No....he didn't died. Apparently, he survived from the incident."

Naruto's eyes widened more and gasped as he asked, "What!? It can't be! I saw him died right in front of me!"

"That maybe true, but it's not because...." I slowly reached for my hoodie and grabbed it gently. I closed my eyes and began to pull it off slowly of my head.

When I was taking it off, the rain was slowly stopped and the clouds started to separate. Once it separates, the sun shine down to me and Naruto as my hoodie finally came off, revealing my face to everyone.

I opened my eyes with a smile as I said, "....I'm right in front of you, Baby Bro."

Everyone gasped and everything was silent. I look around and I saw shocking faces everywhere. I look back at Naruto who he couldn't believe his eyes.

"B-B-Big Bro?" He stuttered when his eyes was watering. "Is it....."

I smiled and replied, "I told you....I never break a promise."

From that very moment, Naruto immediately lunged at me into a hug while screaming, "BIG BRO!!!!"

I hugged him tight as I can, feeling his sorrow over me. I can tell he's been depressed since I was gone. I was so happy that I was able to embrace him again."I thought you were gone! I thought I've lost you!" Naruto sobbed, tightened his arms around me.

"I thought I lost you too, Baby Bro." I replied, letting go and wiped the tears off his cheeks. "I won't ever leave you alone again."

Rin was smiling at us, including everyone as they ran up to me and tackled me into a group hug.

"He's alive?" Shikamaru was completely surprised to see me alive.

"It's a miracle!" Kurenai commented. "Just how?"

I was embraced by everyone who cared for me and I was so overwhelmed with happiness and relief. I recognized someone coming towards me. It was Takashi who had a emotionless look on his face.

Takashi coming up to me and the first thing that he did......he smacked my head.

"Ow!" I grabbed my head in pain until he pulled me into a hug.

"You're a goddamn idiot, you know that!?" He said as he hug me tight. "Taking a stupid risk without me....It was supposed to be me who does the idiot moves, not you."

I smiled as I hugged him back. "I'm really sorry, Takashi."

"Yuki-Nii!" I saw Akaashi running up to me as I bend down, wrapping my arms around him.

One after another, they all were relieved and happy that I was alive. I felt like I was giving another chance to live with them again.

This time... I won't make the same mistake again...

Kakashi

It's a miracle! He's alive! As I watched a bunch of guys reunited with Yukine, I look up in the sky.

'Sensei....Kushina.....I hope you two get the chance to see your loving son...'

Rin

Yuki-Kun really had bonds with these people. He's not the miserable boy that he was. He really changed. Yuki-Kun deserves to be in here. I'm so happy that I get to see him be happy with people who accepts him.

But....

I don't have enough time to be with him....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 5.5K 23
Fuyu Namikaze, daughter of the fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki. When she's five, the attack on the village by the Nine Tails happe...
28.4K 489 34
In Konoha High, there are two totally opposite side of a same coin : naruto Uzumaki, the one who's good in practically everything he does , and sasu...
3.1K 241 28
Naruto is the son of the way too loveable Minato Namikaze and his beautiful hotheaded wife Kushina Uzumaki who is the CEO of the Uzumaki/Namikaze com...
73.9K 2K 33
The Second Hokage always said the Uchiha clan was destined for evil and darkness.After the Uchiha clan the massacre of the Uchiha clan their were onl...