The Contract

By ZJMforlife

"I didn't sign up for this! My parents made me. You don't have to sit there and pretend you care Liam!" Zayn... More

Introduction
The announcement
Under one condition
Family feud
The Hideout Lounge
In enemy territories
Slowly slipping
Only business
Second thoughts
The signing
Sneaky link?
You good?
Curiouser and curioser
Dangerous Liaisons
Aftermath
Showmance
Talk of shame
Weight of the world
Psychological evaluation
Confrontational
Crossroads
Karmas a B
A whole lot of history
Cheers to 2023
Ghost of New Years past
Feeling 22
Love fiction
Under the mic
"James Dean daydream look in your eye"
Mistakes of up and down
Sealed with a kiss
Infatuated
Time flies
Spring breakers
You have my heart
Malik family values
Group effort
Forever and always
Hannah Montana moment
Venues and vacations
26 years young
The Daily Show
VIVA LAS ZIAM
Old thoughts
What happens in Vegas
Stays in Vegas
"It is, and always was you."
No place like home
Book bluff
Story of our lives
"And it was all Yellow"
"I do"
Crazy Rich Brits
"Here with you is where i'm meant to be."
Discharged
Destination you
Epilogue
Sequel?
Sequel!!!!!

Avoidance

304 20 1
By ZJMforlife

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Again thank you so much for reading this!!

Meanwhile, at the club, Liam carried on with the course occasionally exchanging banter with his father. The group would all look between each other confused. When they reached the final putting green all the gentleman walked back to the clubs lounge area to grab a drink.

Each person branched off to the billiard tables, bar, or TVs to watch the games that were on.

Liam found his way to the bar ordering only a tonic water and taking a seat. Soon Yaser pulled up a seat right next to him and ordered. Liam tensed up and took a big gulp of his non alcoholic beverage. He received his scotch neat and took a sip. Setting the drink down he eventually turned to Liam.

"How are you Liam?" Yaser asked patting his back.

Liam set his drink down then turned to the man. He wanted to give him and his father a piece of his mind but he knew causing a scene wasn't the best option. "As good as I can given the circumstances." He revealed.

"Trust me I understand you're mad. I would be too. I just want you to know I'm sorry." The older man said then continued before Liam could speak. "I'll see you at Christmas where we can talk more privately. Okay." Yaser motioned his eyes toward Geoff, who was glancing their way across the room, then walked away.

Liam avoided his fathers gaze and turned facing the bar again. He took the last sip of his tonic then sighed. A nice big shot of whiskey sounded good at moment. He hadn't been this stressed since his final year in university.

Every year the Payne's and Maliks had Christmas Eve together. The families always altered between the households and this year it would be at the Maliks. Christmas Day they spent it with their individual families but both Liam and Zayn didn't even know how they'd even get through this let alone their own.

After some chats with the other men he decided it was his time to go. He said his goodbyes then left. Before getting in the car he received a message from Zayn.

Zayn: left with Harry.

Sent 12:42 PM

He reads the message then drove toward his place. Luckily I grabbed everything I needed before leaving, he thought himself.

Monday came and as promised Niall had sent over documents to the two regarding their plan. It was pretty straight forward and was very detailed. Mostly it came down to a general time frame of how it would work but if either of the two wanted to pick up the pace or slow down Niall was open for discussion.

Both read them separately and agreed. Niall scheduled a meeting after The holidays because he would be visiting family in Ireland and wouldn't be back till the new year. He did leave them with the task of going out in public here and there before then.

With the picture of them circulating, so many blogs, sites, and gossip channels wanted interviews with either of the two. Niall opposed to speaking with any form of media for the time being.

The rest of the week leading up to Christmas Eve went by fast. Liam and Zayn hadn't spoken to each other since that Saturday night. It was obvious they were avoiding each other.

Even in the couple of work days before Christmas, Zayn was at Louis Vuitton constantly, and Liam working tirelessly since fashion week was coming up and brands are booking models left and right.

Christmas Eve approached and Zayn stood in his closet contemplating what to wear. Zayn dressed more casual in a green sweater paired with nice fitted jeans, black combat boots, and his coat over.

With a glance in his mirror Zayn smoothed out the wrinkle on his top. He started thinking of back out and not going. The feeling of the uncertainty between him an Liam loomed over his head. He'd done a good job at avoiding it the past week but here he was minutes away from being with not just Liam but also their families.

As far as he knew the only people who knew about the arrangement we're his mom, dad, Geoff and maybe Karen. Frowning he looked back up from the wrinkle and walked out the door.

Liam on the other hand too had been questioning himself. Ever since that day him and Zayn haven't spoken let alone even texted. He didn't know why but he kept getting the urge to check in on the model.

Usually if Christmas was held at his parents place there would be a dress code, but since it was at the Maliks he was so thankful. He wore a black hoodie with joggers. After loading up all the presents he drove to the house.

He pulled up to the familiar home growing nervous seeing Zayns vehicle. He knew it was only a matter of time before they saw each other.

Getting the gifts together he walked up to the door. Hearing all the commotion inside he sighed then entered. As he made his way to the living room where all the chatter came from he was nearly tackled by his nephew Ashton, his sister Ruth's son.

"Uncle li!! You have presents for me?!" The five year old hugged his leg.

"Well hey ash! I do but you didn't even say hi to me!" He bent down to his level crossing his arms fake pouting.

"Sorry but it's Christmas!" He hugged his uncle giggling at his stubbled face.

"I know I know! Of course I brought presents but you have to wait till later! You know everyone opens theirs at midnight bud." He told the boy

"That's so faaaaar though." He frowned,

"It's okay bud. It'll come before you know it! Let's go." He ruffled his hair and stood up.

Entering the living room he was met with his family along with Zayns parents, and sisters. He also noticed Harry then his mom Anne, and Gemma accompanied by her long time boyfriend Michal. There's was lots of other close friends and distant family members from both sides in attendance too.

He greeted everyone and set his gifts down. He hadn't seen Zayn yet though. As if on queue the model emerged from the kitchen. Out of nowhere he felt a sense of comfort wash over him. With seeing him a sense of calmness washed over his nervous feelings. They captured each other's gaze and Suddenly realizing the feeling he cleared his head with a shake. And Zayn walked away. What was that about? He thought.

Liam was summoned over to his sister, Nicola, sitting on the couch with his now 2 year old niece Ffion,

When Zayn arrived he caught up with his sisters since he hardly saw Doniya. Waliyha and Safaa were on break from boarding school so naturally they had tons to talk about. As for his parents well things stayed the same. They greeted each other but after didn't utter a word.

When he entered the living room locking eyes with Liam he couldn't help but stare. Liams puppy dog eyes looked like they lit up when he saw him. It couldn't be though. Maybe I'm imagining it. Zayn thought.

He was also thankful that Harry's mother and his hit it off when they Became friends. Now they attended which meant Harry being there.

Zayn noticed the way Liam was with his niece and nephew and it made hik melt inside. Pushing the feelings deep down he continued on with the other occasion.

Liam saw Yaser get up and leave to the hall where his office was located. To his luck everyone was distracted enough to where he could slip out the room. He then made his way down the hall to Yasers personal library, and office.

Zayn was talking with Harry when over his friends shoulder he saw Liam go down a hall he knew didn't have a restroom. Intrigued he kept paying attention and soon Liam turned to his dads office. Part of Zayns mind screamed to go and snoop where as the other side told him to leave it be.

He finished up his chat with Harry then discreetly made his was down the same hall cautious of not alerting anyone. What is Liam doing in here. He pressed his ear up against the now closed door cafreful to not make a sound.

Mostly it was mumbled but then a clear "I just want to tell you my thoughts about the contract." His father said and Zayn about jumped out of his skin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
8.2K 454 50
Louis and Harry deal with the consequences of becoming friends with benefits while Zayn tries to mend Liam's heartbreak that he caused. *Trigger War...
5.4K 213 13
Louis is a graduate and typically, people know what they want to do after they graduate. Not Louis. Louis stayed the same as he always was. He would...
4.4K 346 60
After "The Wedding of the Century" everything was smooth sailing for all of them. Life had been normal the last two years. Everyone was working on th...