Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 53: It Worked
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 58: A Phone Call

11.8K 567 80
By Posh777

31 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"You look good."

"Hmmmmm."

"Really lovely Ava. Right fit." Poppy smiles at me as I turn to the side, glancing at myself in the dressing room mirror.

Over the past few weeks my belly has swollen even more so, making a trip to buy some new maternity clothes a necessity.

"I think I'll get it." I nod to myself before stepping back inside the small changing room and sliding the curtain closed.

I have the next sundress just pulled on when I hear Poppy's hesitant voice.

"So... have you decided if you're going to SG Awards?"

I sigh quietly, but don't respond as I smooth out the dress over my stomach.

"It's in what? Six weeks right?" She goes on as I step outside and in front of the mirror. "If you are.. You should probably order a dress now. Don't think they make couture maternity gowns..."

I turn around in the mirror, looking over my shoulder to see the back of the dress. A bit to short I think.

"I'm not going to stop going on about it just because you're ignoring me." Poppy speaks up, stepping up behind me.

My eyes meet hers in the mirror, and I purse my lips.

"I don't really like this one, do you?" I question, stalling for time.

"To short." She looks me up and down quickly. "You're expecting a baby, not trying to get attention from any bloke that passes you on the street. Now about that..."

"I don't know Poppy." I frown. "I don't know alright?"

"You afraid of seeing him?"

"No." I answer quickly as I head back into the changing room and close the curtain.

"No?" Poppy questions me.

"No." I raise my voice slightly as I pull the dress over my head. "I don't really have any feelings towards it."

I hear Poppy scoff, "Sure."

I ignore her as I put my regular clothes back on, more then ready to leave this store. It suddenly seems very stuffy and hot in here.

When I step outside the changing room Poppy raises an eyebrow at me.

"You know he probably won't even be there."

"Doesn't matter." I shrug, heading towards the counter to purchase the clothes I liked.

"Well if it doesn't matter, then why wouldn't you go?" Poppy follows after me.

"It's just an award show Poppy."

"It's not just an award show." She huffs as I drop my clothes into the counter in front of an older teenage girl. "It's the Songwriters Guild. And you're nominated for best love song!"

"I write cause I love to make music, not for an award." I give the girl behind the counter a smile as she looks at me questioningly.

"Oh don't be so stuck up." Poppy shakes her head at me. "That's a load of shite. Is it because you're nominated for a song you wrote about him?"

"Stop." I widen my eyes at her, glancing towards the teenage girl. "Let's talk about this later alright?"

Poppy rolls her eyes at me but shuts her mouth as I finish paying and we leave the small boutique.

After stowing my bags away in the trunk of my car we continue on down the street, headed for the next store Poppy insisted had chic maternity clothes.

This store is considerably larger then the last and the second we step inside Poppy is pulling items off the racks for me to try on. I decide to go off by myself, needing to catch my breath for a bit.

I've just picked up a white cotton shirt when my phone starts ringing. I dig around in my bag, cursing myself for not having a smaller one. It's to easy to lose things in such a large bag.

When my fingers finally touch my phone I quickly pull it out of my bag. My mouth drops open in shock when I see the name on the screen.

Anne

I suck in a breath, trying to decide if I should answer it. My first instinct is to just ignore it but something won't let me.

No matter what's happened between Harry and I, she's still the grandmother of my baby.

I slowly slide my finger across the screen, accepting the call.

"Hello?" I answer with a shaky voice.

"Ava love, how are you dear?"

I sigh in relief. I don't know what exactly I was expecting. Maybe her to yell at me or at least be short with me. I definitely wasn't expecting this.

"I'm good. How are you Anne?"

"I'm alright. How is my grand-baby?"

"Getting bigger every day." I rest my hand on my stomach, feeling a tinge of pain in my heart. "Just had a checkup last week. Doctor said her and I are doing well."

"So happy to hear it." I can hear the smile in her voice. "Am I interrupting you? I can ring you back later if you're busy."

"No... Just out shopping for some new clothes. Seems like I'm growing out of them every week now."

She laughs lightheartedly. "Oh I remember that stage. Just ready to have it done and over it. If she's anything like her father then..."Her voice fades off, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's fine." I close my eyes a few times, trying to keep my emotions at bay. "How is Robin?"

"Oh you know how he is.. Got himself a little boat. Piece of rubbish but he insists he'll have it sea worthy in no time."

"He does love his little projects." I smile a little as I remember Anne scolding him for having some old motorcycle engine torn apart on their kitchen table.

"That he does."

We fall into silence as I try to think of something, anything, to say.

"Ava?"

"Yeah?" I hold my breath, scared of the sudden change in her voice.

"Harry was home over the weekend." She pauses, almost as if she's afraid to go on. "He told me what happened between you two."

"Mmmhmm?" I'm barely able to get the simple hum past my lips.

"I know it's not my place..... but... he's hurting without you."

I squeeze my eyes together, pleading the tears not to break free.

"What you two have been through..." She goes on hesitantly. "It's a very hard thing. A very very hard thing. And.. when we're going through such hard situations, we all say things. Things we don't mean... Things we regret. Ava.... my son loves you very very much."

I take in a breath that makes my body shudder as silent tears slide down my cheeks.

"Love..." Anne says so softly, having heard my labored breathing. "I know what he said was... I'm so so disappointed in him. But when I see how he is right now.. I know, and I think deep down you know too.. he could never mean those words."

I bite my lip as I put my hand over my mouth, attempting to stifle my crying.

"I'm not asking you to forgive him, that isn't my place. But I know you're both hurting right now. More then you would ever let on. And I hate to see that." She pauses, sniffling. "I love you very much Ava... Whatever you decide I'll support both you and my granddaughter. Just... Don't let one mistake dictate your whole life. Life is so much more then one mistake."

I swallow, my voice coming out breathless. "I-I love you too. Thank you..."

"You're welcome dear. Ring me if you want to talk alright?"

"Alright."

We say our goodbyes as Poppy walks up to me, her eyes widening when she takes in the state I'm in.

"Ava? Love, what's wrong?" She pulls me into a hug as I let myself cry.

"Everything." I say quietly. "...Everything."

____________________________
Please vote! ⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 3K 82
[COMPLETE] When Abby Miller meets Niall Horan - a famous boy band member, and has a one night stand with him, she never expected herself to be pregna...
17.8M 133K 189
A collection of preferences from Tumblr. Simple. Good. **some may contain sexual references which I will notify at the start of the preference*** n...
264K 3.2K 32
**CURRENTLY EDITING** Pregnancy Series for the four boys!! Enjoy:)
450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...