Living In The Muggle World (D...

By beforesleepstories

"She was just an ordinary muggle, and he was a pureblooded wizard." *** Y/N was nervous to touch him. Draco w... More

A WORD
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59

CHAPTER 13

882 168 72
By beforesleepstories

Y/N's POV

I was jealous. I didn't know why, I didn't know how, but I was pissed because Aria hugged Draco. I already hated her because of the way she behaved with me, and now she was getting comfortable with Draco.

How?

I hadn't seen Draco talking with anyone except his teammates and me. Then when did Aria and Draco become so familiar that she hugged him? And why wasn't he rude to her the way he would be with me?

But why do I care?

Honestly, I had no idea why I was angry. Draco wasn't even my friend, but I felt Aria taking him away from me.

Bullshit! He was never close to me. Then why do I feel like this?

That feeling wasn't unfamiliar. I had been jealous of thousands of girls due to Andrew. But this time, it was for a strange person - Draco Malfoy. I had known him for almost a week, and even with all our improper conversations, I had somehow grown closer to him.

My last interaction with Draco was pretty weird, but I sensed some comfort. He had even told me he was from England and that his family lived there. After learning that Draco was back, I was excited to know his opinion on my choice of clothes for him, but apparently, he had found another girl to have fun with. And that girl was none other than Aria.

Ugh!

It had to be the worst girl in the entire school. But blaming Draco wasn't fair, now that I thought of it. Aria was good-looking and even flirted with guys like Draco. It was easy for him to fall for someone like her. After all, he was the same as other guys.

I decided not to care about Draco anymore. He had made his choice of friends. He would be responsible for whatever fate awaited him. Of course, Aria would be using Draco for his money and looks, not to mention she would leave him the second a more handsome boy appeared. She might even get bored with him. But I couldn't help it.

If Draco were my good friend, I would have warned him. But he wasn't even that. So why should I care if he made friends with the wrong people or got dumped by someone like Aria? It shouldn't bother me.

Later that day, I didn't even exchange a glance with Draco in class. His eyes fixated on the board would sometimes linger on Aria. She was seated next to him and would often touch his arm. I rolled my eyes at them.

The only thing that bothered me was my itchy nose. I was afraid that I had caught a cold. My nose would usually itch before I began sneezing, only to end up with a runny nose.

My suspicion was correct, as the sneezes began the next day itself. At first, I suspected it to be a dust allergy. But when the runny nose phase came in the afternoon, I was sure I was sick.

Y/N: Dude, I've caught a cold. Seems I might have a fever by the end of the day.

Dani: That sucks, girl. Would you be able to make it to Marcus' party?

Y/N: I guess not. You'll probably have to go without me.

Dani: Ugh! I was planning on introducing you to JIM.

Y/N: I'm sorry I have to cancel. We'll plan some other time, okay?

Dani: Of course, you take care of yourself for now.

Y/N: Thanks, Dani!

***

Draco almost drifted to sleep in his bathtub. He was tired after the game practice today. Andrew hadn't dared to come near him today. He had learned his lesson.

Draco remembered Andrew's offensive face from yesterday. Clearly, he wasn't happy after getting insulted in front of Y/N. It seemed everything mattered in front of Y/N for both Draco and Andrew. Aria's words came back to him. Was Y/N really the kind of person Aria had said? Was Y/N a gold digger? A girl who'd sell herself for money and looks?

Draco couldn't remember Y/N flirting with him. He was sure she had an idea about his wealth after seeing his house and car. Their last interaction was quite awkward for him, but Draco didn't know if Y/N was seducing him. She'd left after he had asked her.

Even yesterday, Y/N hadn't hugged him as Aria did. On that note, Draco wondered if Aria was the girl he should stay away from. Although she was pretty, Draco couldn't let another muggle seduce him to stay away from the other.

Draco opened the box Y/N had given to Zaider. Ms Zaider, accurately. The elf had transformed into a maid as soon as he had seen a muggle climbing the stairs. Zaider also remembered her name - Y/N.

Smart.

As Draco opened the box, he saw some strange kinds of clothing pieces inside. One by one, he took them out and arranged them in the order he thought they were supposed to be worn. He counted them - five pieces in total. Draco guessed how they were supposed to be worn.

Y/N might like a comment on her work, but Draco didn't know what to say. He had never worn clothes like these. They looked funny for some odd reason, and he almost laughed at the poor choice of muggles. Were these really the outfits the muggles would use to celebrate?

Draco remembered dressing up for the Yule ball he had attended at Hogwarts with other witches and wizards. He recalled dressing up for it. Almost everyone looked stunning that evening except for Weasley.

Draco chuckled at the bitter-sweet memory.

Looking at himself in the mirror of his room, Draco saw the contrast between the colour of his clothes and the emerald shade of the walls.

If he was being honest, the clothes not only looked funny, but they also felt the same way. He wasn't sure if Y/N had brought him the same size as he had told her to - they felt oversized to wear.

Draco reconsidered going out in these clothes for the party. Would he make fun of himself? Could he trust Y/N's choice? What if she bought him such clothes on purpose to get her revenge on him? But was she capable of doing such a thing?

Draco knew Y/N wasn't scared of him, but she was no fool to commit such a mistake against him. She was well aware of the consequences by now. Draco had managed to intimidate in a few encounters they'd had.

Draco gave a final look in the mirror before proceeding downstairs. He would take his car and hope for everything to go well. After all, interaction with muggles except school was a task for Draco. He hoped to fit in among them.

***

Aria almost spilt her glass of wine when she saw Draco entering Marcus' house. She couldn't believe he had worn what she had given to his maid. She intended to make Draco angry at Y/N for buying him such ugly clothes. But she never guessed that Draco would walk in with that pathetic outfit.

That kinda shows how much he trusts Y/N. Well, not after today.

Aria smirked. She knew her plan was working in the right direction. Though she was sad that Draco would have to go through a lot of humiliation today. But she had found a solution to that problem too. She had bought the clothes she had exchanged with the maid brought by Y/N.

They'll look sexy on his. Dang, Y/N has a great choice.

Aria had planned to give those to Draco after he was embarrassed enough. In that scene, Y/N would become the villain, and Aria would be his arse saver.

A few people who noticed Draco's attire cheered as if he was a piece of entertainment. Poor guy didn't seem to understand that they were making fun of him. A few girls laughed in the corner, and some even clicked pictures of him. Aria stayed in the corner, watching the show.

Let's enjoy this for some more time.

She sipped her drink.

Y/N's POV

My head was aching badly, and my body temperature also seemed to have gone up. Even the slightest touch of anything felt so cold.

Damn it! How can I get sick on the party day?

I imagined my classmates dancing and drinking at Marcus' house. They would be so happy right now without feeling weak, unlike me. I was sleeping on my bed, covering myself with a thick blanket. A handkerchief lay beside me for my runny rose.

I'd sneezed twice in a minute. Mom was making hot soup for me. She would always take care whenever I was ill.

Before mom had gone downstairs to make soup, she had sat beside me for some time, caressing my hair. She even placed ice on my forehead to make me feel better. I felt guilty about that day when I said I didn't want to be a part of this family. Even though my parents were strict at times, they equally cared for me.

Now, sleeping for almost two hours, my eyes were opening back. It was already dusk. The sun had gone down, exposing some of the prettiest twinkling stars in the sky. My room had two glass windows that made visible this beautiful scene every night. I slept alone in my room. The one beside me belonged to my parents. Grandma's room was downstairs.

I sat up in my bed. I felt tired after sleeping almost half of the day. I stretched my arms and looked around. My gaze fell on the dress I was supposed to wear at the party today. It hung in the corner of my room.

Dani must be enjoying the party with JIM now.

With that thought, I proceeded to check my phone. I was planning to message Dani, asking her about the party. But there were already a few messages from her. From my home screen, I saw she had sent me laughing emojis. My curiosity sparked. I knew I could rely on Dani to give me the latest updates on the party, and I wouldn't miss any drama, thanks to her.

When I opened her chat box, there were many messages from her. I read them all carefully.

Dani: Dude! What the fuck is Draco wearing? Did you really buy him that? *laughing emojis*

Dani: Oh, I get it. It was your revenge plan against that arrogant freak. Well done, I must say.

Dani: But you could have told me, at least. Never mind, I'm enjoying the way people are treating him here. He has no clue that he has become a laughing thing here.

Dani: Y/N, you should have come! You're missing out so much. Andrew and everyone are picking on him. It's great to see him being so humiliated. Really puts him in his place.

Dani: *image*

The image was of Draco, standing with a drink. He wore an oversized pink sequin shirt with white wide-leg pants and brown cowboy shoes. He also wore a brown cowboy hat.

My eyes widened in shock. What was Draco even wearing? I hadn't bought him that. And people were making fun of him.

I couldn't stand it. I couldn't let everyone humiliate Draco. I had to do something. I knew Draco wouldn't realise that they were laughing at him.

He is such an innocent guy. Oh God, please, not him.

I dragged myself out of bed and put on my sweater. Tieing my hair with a scrunchie, I rushed downstairs.

"Where are you going?" my mom asked.

"I... I gotta go," I said.

"But you're not well, Y/N. You can't go out like this."

"I," I sneezed. "I have to go." At that moment, I didn't care about my health. All I cared about was Draco.

Draco, I'm coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588K 6.9K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
117K 5.1K 55
"You're such a prick! I knew you hadn't really changed. You're just back to your old ways, torturing me." Harry can still feel Draco's hand around hi...
1.5M 39.8K 72
Y/n L/n was a quiet girl, she liked to keep her circle small. She came from a wealthy family. Her parents were both Slytherin, so naturally she was s...
2.8K 165 45
Y/N arrives at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry under the guise of a muggle-born student. Little does she know, she is the daughter of the...