Seraph

By 13aroness

She decided to do the world a favor and kept to herself ever since she was turned into a demon. Always alone... More

Texas 1830
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Volterra 1831
15
Volterra 1863
17
18
19
Texas 1935
21
Pennsylvania 1948
Ohio 1950
Pennsylvania 1950
25
Volterra 1950
Pennsylvania 1950
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Not an Update
43
Texas 1951
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
Pennsylvania 1952
Alaska 1962
54
55
56
57
Alaska 1965
Montana 1966
60
61
Texas 1980
63
64
New York 1999
California 1999
Louisiana 1999
Washington 2003
69
70
71
72
Washington 2004
Washington 2005
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
Not an Update
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
New York 2005
90
Massachusetts 2006
92
93
94
95
96
97
Not an Update
98
99
Texas 2006
Washington 2006
102
103
104

1

6K 210 5
By 13aroness

They continued walking along the banks for a while longer before Red could no longer contain his curiosity and just decided to ask.

"Now Miss Serafina, why are we walkin' exactly? Why don't we just run? I have to say, it has to be one of my favorite things 'bout this new life. I'm gettin' kinda fidgety at this pace."

"Miss Serafina? No, I think you mean Miss Hart. Now hush. We're walking because I happen to like this outfit. I don't want it to get snagged or scuffed while running. You found me on a feeding night. What better way to lure the most worthy meals than with a pretty outfit? So we'll walk."

Red couldn't help but nod when taking a slight glance at the woman in front of him. She was very alluring. Hell, that was why he approached her in the first place. But he could tell she didn't like to be looked at. It was as though she did everything to get you to look, but just so she could gouge your eyes out when you did. He didn't understand why. Didn't girls just doll themselves up to get men's attention? He didn't understand, but just averted his eyes from her figure and continued following.

"Where we goin' anyways?" he asked.

Serafina rolled her eyes and sighed. "Red, stop talking. I like it quiet. It's more relaxing. You don't need to know where we're going anyways. You'll see when we get there."

Red was about to ask another question but felt the air get warmer so immediately shut his mouth. Feeling the temperature go back to how it was before, he let out the breath he had been holding. This woman was terrifying without even trying. He was pretty sure he couldn't take her. Not that he'd try. But it was a big blow to his ego. He was taken out of his thoughts when he saw her turn left away from the banks and down a small road.

Serafina took a slight glance back at Red. She could see his eyes darting around more after they had turned onto the main road to the village she currently lived in. Serafina's eyes rolled again, she felt she would probably do this a lot while with this annoying man. "You can relax. I live in a normal town with normal people. I'm the only demon here and if I wanted to kill you, I would've done it when you first laid hands on me back by dinner."

He looked at her in surprise. "You live in a town? But my sire said it's dangerous for us to be near people. They can figure out what we are. That'd be bad! You can't let them know what we are!" He had begun to get a little overexcited and sped up his pace to walk beside her. She raised her eyes in a slight glare at him and he immediately fell back to his previous position. He was a big man, he knew. He actually felt somewhat ashamed for how she intimidated him. But he shut up and kept following.

He looked around some more at this village's outskirts. The farmland was pretty rich. He could tell this village was becoming somewhat prosperous. He looked to the horizon and discovered it was starting to lighten. He looked at Serafina and noticed she didn't seem to care, so he tried not to show his unease either. While walking he noticed the people watched them pass by while slightly bowing their heads with looks of reverence. This is how he'd heard people describe royalty, he wondered if she forced them to worship her. Maybe that's why she wasn't afraid of living among them. She didn't look at them while passing either. More just looked through them like she had done to him before. Red felt better. He wasn't the only one she treated as being beneath her.

They made it through the town center and just towards a large grove of orange trees. Just past it was a rather large pretty home that appeared to be well-maintained. They made it to the doors just as the sun finally rose. The inside of the home was just one room but sectioned very well. Simple but clean with random pops of color from girly fabrics. She guided him to the table to the right, then took her seat at the head. Once comfortable, she offered him a seat to her right.

Red took his seat and then awkwardly scratched his head. He was nervous but figured he would rather sound stupid than accidentally offend this angry angel. "Uh, Miss Hart?" he stuttered while peeking up at her.

Serafina was slightly amused and felt a small upward tug at the corner of her lips. She knew he was afraid and really enjoyed it. She just found out that there were others of her kind and didn't know that she could cause this deep of fear in them too. There was a pretty deep sense of satisfaction there. This put her in a pretty good mood so decided to treat him a little better. "Yes?" she responded.

He saw her smile and wasn't sure if it was a good sign or bad sign but pressed on. "Miss Hart, it ok if I look at ya while we talk? It's just how I was raised. I was told it's rude not to and I mean no disrespect. But I don't know if you would be more offended if I did or didn't. So just thought I'd ask." He continued taking slight glances.

She put her elbows on the table, held her cheeks in her hands, and leaned forward with a full smile now plastered on her face. "Sounds like you were taught well. Yes, you may look at me while we speak." Her smile disappeared as she soon got serious and leaned back, "now Red, I mentioned I had questions. I've never met another of my kind before. I don't even know what I am. Though I'm assuming demon due to this fire I hold. But you mentioned sire. What is that? Is that the type of devil you sold your soul to?"

Red was stunned. "You don't know what you are? No wait, what do you mean you never met one of our kind before? I mean I'm pretty new to all this, but my sire at least explained it before he took off on his mission to kill some womanizer who has a thing for human women. Hope he gets that sicko. Oh but uh, he said we can only be made. And my sire is the guy that made me. I don't remember his name cause it was a pretty weird name. I even told him I'd just call him Sire cause I knew I wouldn't remember. I mean, he laughed, but didn't say I couldn't. So he's just Sire to me. But I didn't sell my soul to him? He actually tried to kill me. No wait? He did kill me. We're dead now after all. But I fought back when he came at me. I mean now after turnin', I now know he was just messin' with me. But I think he liked that I fought back."

Serafina was amused and confused by his ramblings, he just jumped all over the place with his story. She tried to get clarification. "Your creator is currently on a mission to kill some womanizing demon and he made you because you fought him? Why did you fight him? Are you friends with the womanizing demon?"

"No! I mean, I believe people should be able to have their dalliances as they please. But only when they both want it. From what Sire said, it doesn't sound like that guy always does. Now that ain't right. No, I fought Sire cause he slaughtered the group I was travellin' with when he was chasin' that piece of shit. I guess the pervert slit one of the guys' in our caravan's throat just to distract Sire. I mean, I guess Sire hadn't eaten for a couple weeks cause he was always trackin' the pervert. So the blood caught his attention. He couldn't help himself and just ripped through everyone. I had a torch and didn't freeze like some of the others, so I kept using it to try and fight him off me when he had finally turned on me. Guess he finally came to his senses when I lit his shirt on fire. But he felt bad. Instead of killin' me, he turned me. After those brutal few days of pain when I was changin', I finally came to and he said I was now a uh."

Red had a very confused look on his face. Serafina could tell he was thinking. This brought her smile back. She could tell thinking was hard for him.

Red snapped his fingers and yelled in excitement, "vampire! He said I was now a vampire! I think it's some sort of European thing? I think that's why we twinkle in the sunlight." he had a large smile on his face for having remembered and looked back at Serafina. "Oh but yeah! Vampires is what we are. Not demons. Sire said we're dead but can keep livin' by drinkin' blood. That's why you're a vampire and not a demon. You didn't sell your soul. Just so you know, vampires are really strong, really fast, and really durable. He said we pretty much won't die unless we're ripped apart and burned. Don't think anything is really strong enough to do that either? So I guess we can only kill each other."

Serafina didn't know how to take all of this. There were others. She was made. Someone made her. But then who made her? She was going to need some time to process this. She had some more questions too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.6K 44
˗ˏˋ꒰ πŸ¦‹ κ’± - Μ₯ΫͺΝ™ΫͺΛšβ”Šβ› π‘π€πˆπ’πŽπ 𝐃'𝐄̂𝐓𝐑𝐄 βœβ”ŠΛš Μ₯ΫͺΝ™Ϋͺβ—Œ β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ [(n.) The most important reason or purpose for someone or something's existence.] ❝It...
1.4M 48.1K 22
[Just so everyone that reads this book knows, I have made the decision to just leave this book to rest. I won't edit it ever probably and no future s...
677K 19.2K 80
*Twilight series fanfiction* *Set after Breaking Dawn It has been a few months since the last encounter between the Cullens and the Volturi. Life has...
514K 18.3K 49
"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved Alice as her twin, Hannah has always had...