Train Wreck

By Leyahlove13

I should've just minded my business I shouldn't have looked into his eyes Now he knows it's me And he won't... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 19

686 42 8
By Leyahlove13

Zipora Pov:

The closer it got to the end of the day the more my anxiety would flair up. I had to keep wiping my hands on my pants because they kept getting so sweaty.

I know that nothing is going to happen with Diego but it's the fact that it's just going to be me and him in a car alone.

Usually Katrina makes up for the lack of conversation but now I have too. I could just not say anything the whole car ride but I feel like that would be rude considering he did pay for my lunch and is giving me a ride home.

If I'm being honest I do want to know more about him and I want to get down to why he has a problem with black people.

I know he is not going to tell me right off the bat but maybe we can establish some type of friendship down the line and he will be comfortable to tell me.

I'm so into my thoughts that I don't even notice Katrina trying to get my attention, "I'm sorry Kat, what were you saying?". I asked her, shaking my head trying to clear my thoughts.

"You good chica?, I've been trying to get your attention for about five minutes now." she asked me with a look of worry on her face.

I give her a reassuring smile, "Yeah I'm good just in my head, what were you saying?"

Katrina stares at me for a second before continuing, "Well I was thinking that this weekend you can come over and spend the night since we don't have school on Monday?" she asked me, bouncing in her seat.

I almost forgot that we don't have school Monday due to the teachers being in meetings that day. I want to say yes but honestly it depends on how the car ride with Diego goes. If it goes good then it's yes but if it goes bad I don't want to say yes and be at his house if he is going to be there.

Before I can respond Katrina continues, "It would be so much fun and you don't have to worry about Diego and Louis. They have plans already so they shouldn't be there for most of the weekend except for dinner."

I pondered over it for a little bit, it would be fun to go and I've never had a sleepover before. When I was younger none of the kids wanted to invite me over; they thought I was weird because I would rather be myself than hang out with them. Which is true because those kids were nasty and I don't do nasty.

Plus she did say that Diego and Louis would be gone most of the time, so it should be fine.

" Yeah, that would be cool. I just have to ask my parents but it should be okay." I told her.

Katrina starts to squeal and clap her hands, "This is going to be so much fun chica. I'll text and let you know what my parents say but they should be okay with it."

I nod my head at her as she lists off all the things that she wants us to do at her house. I'm a little nervous to meet her parents but she assured me that they would love me and so would her little brother. I'm excited to go, hopefully my mom and dad are cool with me going even though they haven't met them.

Our conversation is cut short when Mrs. James starts to talk, " Alright class the bell is about to ring so everybody put your projects away and the last five minutes is all yours." she tells us.

As we start to pack up Katrina lets me know that she is going to ask Mrs. James if she can go and get our leftover Chinese food. I can't believe I almost forgot about my food, I was so worried about my car ride with Diego that I would've forgotten my free Chinese food.

I watch as she gets up to ask and judging by the look on her face Mrs. James said yes which I figured she would.

While Katrina was away I just played a game on my phone to pass the time until the bell rings.

Two minutes before the bell rings Katrina comes back in with our Chinese food huffing and puffing.

"Chica, I had to sprint just to get back over here before the bell rings." she tells me while handing me my food.

Thanking her I start laughing, "Girl why did you sprint over here?"

Katrina gives me a look, "I was not about to be caught up in the hallway when the bell rings." she tells me as we both get up heading to the door.

Laughing I agreed with her as we left the classroom as soon as the bell rings.

Heading out the hallway we make our way through the crowd of students, when we make our way to the four way stop as we like to call it, we say our goodbyes.

"Ok chica if Diego does anything let me know and I will handle him personally." she says while cracking her knuckles.

I love this girl. She is so funny and is always looking out for me, " Alright I won't hesitate to let you know if anything happens." I told her.

She gives me a hug before she leaves, "Text me what your parents say." is the last thing she says before she disappears down the hallway.

As she leaves I turn the other direction making my way to the parking lot where Diego should be.

Alright it's finally time. I can do this; nothing to worry about. It's just a 10 minute drive. Before I know it I'll be in and out of the car and I can go about the rest of my day.

Making my way outside I see there are still a lot of kids hanging around outside, just great. More people to see me getting in the car with Diego and something for them to talk about.

Just breath Zipora you got this, I tell myself one more time making my way to where Diego's car should be.

I don't have to walk far before I see him leaning on his car typing away on his phone. I stop midway just to look at him, wow he looks like a work of art, I know that sounds cliche but this boy is really really fine. Continuing my walk my heart starts to beat 10 times faster with each step I make towards him.

When I finally make my way towards him, I clear my throat to get his attention. He slowly looks up at me just as he puts his phone away.

We stare at each for a minute before I look away from him, his stare is so intense.

"Shall we go?" I ask him as I make my way towards the passenger side of his car.

He still doesn't say anything as he walks on the passenger side of the car and opens the door for me.

I thank him as I get in, he nods his head and closes the door.

Okay this is going to be awkward if he doesn't say anything the whole ride, I say to myself as I watch him go around the car to the driver side. When he gets in it's still quiet as I fiddle with my fingers, I feel like my heart is about to pop out of my chest.

"Zipora?" I looked up when he called my name, his voice was so deep and smooth and don't get me started on his eyes.

"I'm going to need your address." He tells me as I stare at him like a love sick puppy.

I'm so dumb, I was to busy caught up in his eyes. "Oh right, sorry." I tell him while awkwardly putting in my address on his GPS. If I was lighter he would definitely see me blush.

Diego just smirks and pulls out of the parking lot. Surprisingly nobody paid us any mind, I thought a lot of people would be looking at us because from my understanding Diego doesn't give people rides and because I'm black.

Well at least I don't have to worry about people giving me dirty looks, now I just have to figure out how to start a conversation with Diego.

"Thanks again for giving me a ride." I say clearing my throat.

He glances at me for a quick second before replying "You're welcome", and just like that we are back to silence.

Come on Zipora, think of something else to say. I can't just leave it at that, clearing my throat again I just say anything. "Um... how come you don't like back people?"

OH MY GOD did I just ask that! When I look over at Diego I see him tense up at my question. "Sorry you don't have to answer that." I tell him quickly. I feel like my soul is about to leave my body. I don't know why I thought that was a good question to ask at a time like this. I'm so embarrassed-

My thoughts are cut off when Diego starts to talk.

"It's not that I don't like black people, I just don't like the things most black people do." He tells me with a frown on his face. "Also if I didn't like black people then I wouldn't have paid for your lunch or given you a ride." Is the last thing he says before he's back to being silent.

Okay he said that with a little attitude and I didn't think he would answer, now I have some understanding but I still have some questions about it. Like what is the reason behind it? How long has he felt this way? Is his whole friend group like that? Will he ever change his opinion?

"So... you have no problem with me then?" I know that's a dumb question to ask but I just want to clarify.

He takes a few seconds to reply, "The only time I would have a problem with you is if you do something that causes problems for my family, so to answer your question no I don't have a problem with you."

Alright, so he has no problem with me but doesn't like the things some black people do. I can understand that but I still feel like he judges the skin before the person.

"You do know that you shouldn't judge a whole race of people based on the actions of other people right?" I say just as we pull up to my house, that was quick.

Diego puts the car in park and turns to look at me. His eyes are a darker blue now, oh no he's angry " I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible , I already told you my reasoning and if you don't like that then that's your problem. I don't need to keep explaining myself to you, you understand." He tells me.

I look at him not knowing what to say, so I just nod my head and exit the car making sure to grab my food on the way out. Before I close the door I tell him one last thing, "I didn't mean to upset you and you're right you don't have to keep explaining to me how you feel, I understand now." I told him. "Thanks again for the ride." With that being said, I close his door and walk to my front door not bothering to turn around to see if he left.

Well that could've gone better.

Do you guys think Zipora could have handled that better?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 18.3K 39
He wasn't just a business man He was the leader of an MC I was a simple business women But I love the thrill of a race I know a part of him no one e...
2.2K 67 18
The moment our eyes have met , I knew that im gonna make her mine
1.2K 63 16
"you should have been black!"she said as we both laughed "and you should have been white!!"we are going to get killed if they found out
39.5K 370 31
"please" i whisper. "shouldn't we wait until were at my house, before ill let everyone see what kind of slut you are?" I needed him. Now. "i wann...