π…πˆππƒπˆππ† πŽπ”π‘ π–π€π˜...

By lexilexlexi

Avalon has the good look, good grades, friends, three wonderful brothers, caring and loving parents. Everyone... More

|0| Prologue
|1| Home
|2| New start
|3| That's when I ran away.
|4| Complete strangers
|5| Not interested
|6| Please someone drown me
|7| Tender heart
|8| It's complicated
|9| If only he knew
|10| It's already too late
|11| You choose him already
|12| I shouldn't have done that
|13| I'm totally with you on this
|14| Release the lions
|15| Maybe they're perfect for each other
|16| We look pretty good together
|17| This is not what it looks like
|18| This is really not my day
|19| I can't get used to it
|20| What I will not do for you
|21| I'm so hopeless
|23| I like to watch these things
|24| Ready or not here I come
|25| Stop calling me Great God
|26| I'll spill everything
|27| I didn't sober up
|28| You little sneaky
|29| I think I'm pregnant
|30| The beach or the bitch
|31| Kiss me
|32| We're engaged now
|33| Are you spying on me
|34| Exposed
|35| You are involved
|36| Overthinking
|37| I'm messed up
|38| I'm just a dead man
|39| Family first
|40| It's unreasonable
|41| He is full of surprises
|42| Perfect way of being suspicious
|43| Moms are the best for this
|44| This time it's reality
|45| She is the one
|46| Stop pushing me away
|47| I'm so stressed

|22| What got your panties in a twist

3 0 0
By lexilexlexi

To say I'm pissed is an understatement.

I'm highly angry. What's their problem? First him and now Levi.

I'm dreaming, right? I don't understand at all. After all, I just nicely got my ass in front of him, to tell him I was freaking sorry. And what did I get?

Nothing.

Oh yes, in fact, I did get something: Levi snapping at me and telling me I was the pain in the ass in front of all the cafeteria. It was definitely not planned. Next time, no there will be no next time. Definitely not. I don't want to risk having someone making fun of me, in front of the whole school population.

In the following period, Jason plots down on the chair next to mine. I don't need to be a medium to know what he wants me to explain to him.

"Spill the tea, pumpkin." That's all he managed to tell me before I got up and got my things to find a new table.

To my luck, there were some seats at the back of the class, and Jason didn't try to come to sit next to me because he knew that it wasn't the moment.

For once I'm lucky, thank god.

I immediately take back what I just thought, I am downright the most unlucky girl. Because right now, the person who enters the class is none other than the devil himself, and as if by chance, the only place available is the one next to me.

The person who decided that is really a sadist. The whole universe seems to want to push me to spend my time dealing with him.

Do I have a face that says 'I attract bad luck' or what?

He looks at me and sits down next to me, most of the class is silent and looking at us since everyone witnessed what happened in the cafeteria. We aren't talking, I feel him tense up, his jaw clenched just like his fists.

The teacher claps his hand to get the class's attention and the lesson begins. I don't listen to any of this, my mind is elsewhere and the boy next to me doesn't help at all. He sighs for the fifteenth time at least, I know he's trying to get on my nerves.

He totally succeeds.

"Can you just stop sighing, I'm trying to focus," I say harshly, fixing my gaze on the teacher.

"Don't make me think that you're listening, you've been drawing since the beginning of the lesson. And if you're not happy, that's not my problem. Plus, it was you who pissed me off first," he retorts harshly too.

Oh, so we're acting like children now.

I didn't think he could be hard on me, he had never really spoken to me that way before. We're totally mad at each other right now but something inside me tells me it's not right, I don't know. If he wants to piss me off, I'll give him a taste of his own medicine.

"Like I care who pissed off the other one first, right now you're annoying, so stop. If you can stop being you because I don't think stupidity can be cured." My comeback is probably lame, but I couldn't care less, the only thing I want is to annoy him as much as he annoys me.

Or do I just want his attention?

"Whoa, didn't think you would be this childish. You're surprising me more and more every day, I totally missed this side of you," he says sarcastically and harshly, rolling his eyes, making me frown.

"Domínguez and Lombardi! Quiet!" As if we needed someone to piss us off more, we both glared at each other and remained silent for the rest of the lesson. Of course, he made sure I was annoyed by the fact that he was tapping his fingers repeatedly on the table.

****

I guess I really bring bad luck because I'm stuck next to him again. Something that never usually happens, but of course, as today seems to be the day the universe makes me pay for my sins, I'm stuck with this asshole all the time apparently.

"I'll cut off your fingers if you don't stop," I say coldly, as he rests his elbow on the table and supports his chin with his hand, acting like he doesn't care, which makes my blood boil.

"What got your panties in a twist today, you seem pretty angry?" He makes fun of me and pushes me beyond my limits, I glare at him again, making him smirk.

Since when did he become such an ass?

We didn't interact during the whole lesson after that, he continued to look at me most of the time, making me both angry and embarrassed. I got up as soon as I heard the bell and rushed to my last lesson. Of course, I had to be forced to be sitting next to him in this one too, thanks to this stupid professor. I really have some problems with destiny and back luck, I guess I'm cursed.

We're near the back of the classroom, and when he sat down next to me I thought he would glare at me or scowl, but this little prick smirked.

"What a coincidence," he whispers playfully in my ear, making me both nervous and angry as a shiver runs down my back, so I slap him hard to distract him from my blushing cheeks and distract me at the same time.

Then, I guess I fell asleep a bit afterward, and suddenly something hit me. I open my eyes, ready to snap at him, but his persistent gaze between me and the teacher makes me stop, as I whisper a little 'thanks', knowing that he did it to save me from a little discussion with the teacher about sleeping in class.

"What is a utopia?" The teacher asks us, bringing my attention back from my thoughts to the lesson.

"It's like Avalon finding someone who can put up with her," Mackenzie says playfully, smirking as I glare at her, her minions, and a few others laughing.

"Or Mackenzie going out with Elias," James says harshly, coming to my defense. Her smirk fades and she looks at him with pure rage now, as he high-fives both him and Peter while the rest of the class laughs.

"Concentration class, we are not here to throw shade, save this for everywhere except for my class." I try to keep my smile from forming, but seeing her face makes me so satisfied. She deserves it, and I admit that the fact that he high-fived James makes me happy too because it kinda means he agrees with him.

"She kinda looks like Mrs. Malagione don't you think?" He whispers in my ear as I try to keep my smile from forming, but fail hard when I see him in the corner of my eye scanning my face with a smirk, making me want to laugh even more.

Mrs. Malagione was a little old grumpy woman always in the park where we spent a lot of time in sixth grade. She had a constipated face every day, and she was really funny to watch. I admit that Mackenzie's face right now is very similar. The fact that he remembers it is pretty cool too.

Mackenzie glares at us again in a really Mrs. Malagione's way, so I can't hold back my laughter. I was kind of quiet at first, but soon he joined me, making us laugh quite loudly which made the people around us turn in our direction in shock or curious.

I can understand that because we're not supposed to really interact with each other, even less today as we fought during lunch.

"Lombardi, Domínguez stop disturbing the lesson!" If some weren't yet aware of our little show, now everyone has turned to our table. I try to stifle my laughter but I obviously don't succeed, which makes him laugh even more. He looks at me with crossed eyes like Mrs.Malagione had when she took off her glasses, and I burst out laughing, earning a terrifying gaze from the teacher.

"Avalon, get out until you calm down," Mrs. Benson tells me, quite angry while I hear him laughing even more, trying to contain it in his hands.

I get up and go out, after a while I have calmed down a bit. The teacher opens the door and asks me to return to my seat. I try to avoid his gaze as I feel my laughter returning, I sit down and try to focus on everything but him whom I hear chuckle up his sleeve.

It's getting harder and harder not to laugh, he's really trying to shut up but I hear him wheezing when he's holding back, which makes me bite my lips really hard to contain my laughter. Mackenzie turns back to our table, the sight of her face is too much to bear and he drops his head on the table putting his mouth in his sweatshirt to contain the sound of his laughter but it's too late.

"Elias, come sit in the front, now!" The professor says very harshly but that didn't stop us from continuing to guffaw. It's not even that funny, I guess the nerves of the day are just too much and we both needed to release the tension.

When he goes to a table in front, I can still see his shoulders shaking for the rest of the lesson, which means he's still laughing just like me. James turns around and gives me a curious look as Peter smirks, I try to frown but just end up laughing again, leading them to join my laughter.

After the end of the lesson, I go straight to the parking lot. I try to avoid anyone who might waste my time, which basically means everyone. I soon arrive at Noah's car, when suddenly an arm is holding me back, nearly tripping me over as I bump into a sturdy chest.

"Bordel," I growl as I rub my nose which hurts from the impact, I look at the culprit and start feeling embarrassed, then immediately turn around and start to leave.

"Wait. I'm sorry I acted like an ass all day." He takes my arm again, making me turn around, he's looking at the ground as I huff in annoyance. I shouldn't have laughed with him like that, now I can't sound upset the way I should be.

"Yeah, I was probably an ass too I guess. So now that the apologies are made, you can let me go." I look away as his gaze moves to my face.

"Yeah..." He finally let go of my arm and his face seemed to show hurt. He runs his hands through his hair with a sigh, to which I would swoon if I wasn't angry, then walks away defeatistically.

"Sorry, could we just forget about everything as usual? I just don't want you to feel bad about it. You were kinda right, I didn't seem really sincere in my apologies, but they were real, just know this." He turns around, and a small smile appears on his face, making me feel a bit better, as all the pressure that was back released.

"I'm glad they are and sorry for bothering you all day. It was nice laughing with you again, you should laugh more often." He smiles warmly, making me blush a bit, as my brothers and James come to us.

"Are you finally done with your lovely little war?" Jason asks, wrapping his arm around his shoulders as I roll my eyes at him.

"Shut up dude," he says chuckling and looking at me with a small smile.

"You better be nice to each other, tomorrow we are partying at my house, I don't want you to ruin my mood by constantly attacking each other," James says, rolling his eyes and leaning back against his car, his arms crossed.

"It's not like we're going to tear our heads apart. Don't stress yourself, your party will go very well and nothing will happen." I pat him on the head and smile at him as he sticks his tongue out.

"Yeah, yeah. But there's too much tension between you two if you know what I mean. Trust me, someday it's going to explode." He winks at us, earning a slap from him and my twin.

"Stop saying bullshit you moron, come on pumpkin we're gonna get you away from that pervert." Jay takes my hand and opens the car door, ushering us in while James pouts and the others laugh.

We all get into our respective cars and drive home. During the trip, my brothers asked me a lot of questions which I obviously didn't answer.

"Why did you snap at him during lunch?"

"Are you like buddies now, or just less angry than before?"

"Why are you always moody around him?"

"What happens to a grape when an elephant steps on it?" We all look at Diego confused as he shrugs and starts laughing.

"It lets out a little whine." I think we all roll our eyes, but smile and finally laugh along with him.

"I was just trying to ease the tension, this one is easier to ease than the one you have with him. For this one, I may have other methods but I don't think you want to hear them and I certainly don't want you to use them." My brothers all laugh, while I slap him.

"Young love." Noah is humming while I slap him too and get a slap from Jason too.

"Never hit the driver, what did I teach you, just wait for the right moment." He tries to frown and act cold but he just looks constipated which made us all laugh, even Noah who was looking in the rear-view mirror.

****

At home tonight we're doing an Avengers marathon with dad. For once, he's here and can spend the night with us, something that has become increasingly rare in recent weeks. Also, since we already have James' party tomorrow night, we prefer to spend Friday night at home. We ordered pizza and stayed in the living room all night. It's around 2 a.m while in France, it's around 11 am. So before going to sleep, Jay and I spent an hour talking to Emma on FaceTime.

"How's operation 'Snow White' progressing?" She asks him as I just look between the two of them confused.

"There are unforeseen events and complications, but I don't worry too much. You can't prevent the inevitable, you just have to open your eyes," he replies as I try to decipher the meaning of it all, but I can't always understand what they share.

"I think it's time I let you some alone time, bye Emmy. I love you."

"Take care of yourself and them. I think you look happier here, that makes me happy too. I love you, try to sleep properly." I smile and my brother hugs and kisses me good night, then I leave them to go to my room. It's getting late, and since I see Cami and Peter tomorrow, I need some sleep or their energy will drive me crazy.

My last thoughts before sleeping are about him and the way I let myself go laughing a bit today. I was supposed to be pissed off, but come to think of it I'm not sure I want to be mad at him. Then Mackenzie's face and the fact that she saw us laughing together were enough to put me in a good mood. Maybe tonight I'm going to sleep well after all.

And it's thanks to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539 52 14
{31/12/23} - {-/-/24} Previously known as π€π¦πžπ₯𝐒𝐚 ══════◄‒‒❀‒‒►══════ ❝There is a thin line between love and ha...
22.9K 1.3K 43
"You shouldn't need to drink to try and drown your feelings Kayla. I've watched the people around me do this all my life and it doesn't fix anything...
100 3 2
Growing up the son of a fairy King - Easy. Being accepted to the fiercest, strongest, fairy warrior army ever to protect the realm - Easy. Making t...
28.6K 2.2K 43
Book one in Forever' Series #FIRST IN ROMANCE #FIRST IN BEST MOM #FIRST IN TWISTS #FIRST IN TURNS Ariana & Ryan, the best friends forever. Their fri...