Pretend (Harry Styles) - Book...

By Posh777

-Sequel to Almost Lover and All of Me- Harry & Ava Engaged Expecting In Love Three things holding them togeth... More

Pretend
Chapter 1: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 2: Plans
Chapter 3: "Everything's good."
Chapter 4: Two Weeks
Chapter 5: A Last Minute Change of Plans
Chapter 6: Teasing and Toasting
Chapter 7: Foolproof
Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells
Chapter 9: "I do."
Chapter 10: Speeches and Surprises
Chapter 11: "Only us."
Chapter 12: Rules
Chapter 13: Star Gazing
Chapter 14: 100%
Chapter 15: "Just nonsense."
Chapter 16: "Just tell her."
Chapter 17: Another Lie
Chapter 18: "What did you do?"
Chapter 19: Apologies and Regrets
Chapter 20: Broken Promises
Chapter 21: Overwhelmed
Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."
Chapter 23: Boy or Girl?
Chapter 24: A Surprise
Chapter 25: A Proper Boxing Match
Chapter 26: "It's a...."
Chapter 27: "We're good."
Chapter 28: Confused
Chapter 29: So Many Lies
Chapter 30: Day Made
Chapter 31: Slow
Chapter 32: Safe.. Happy.. Okay..
Chapter 33: "Are they real?"
Chapter 34: "I'm sorry."
Chapter 35: "My wife."
Chapter 36: "Things will be different..."
Chapter 37: "You're something else."
Chapter 38: "For..ever."
Chapter 39: "Is it always like this?"
Chapter 40: An Accident
Chapter 41: "I know."
Chapter 42: "You alright?"
Chapter 43: The Best Thing
Chapter 44: Breaking Point
Chapter 45: Seeing Red
Chapter 46: A Life Changing Diagnosis
Chapter 47: "It will be worth it."
Chapter 48: Fresh Air
Author's Note
Chapter 49: "Something?"
Chapter 50: "She needs you right now."
Chapter 51: A Complete Mess
Chapter 52: Focus
Chapter 54: "Come to me."
Chapter 55: "One picture."
Chapter 56: Seven Words
Chapter 57: Anger
Chapter 58: A Phone Call
Chapter 59: Good?
Chapter 60: "What happened to us?"
Chapter 61: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 62: Reasons
Chapter 63: "I always need you."
Chapter 64: A Slap Across the Face
Chapter 65: The Real Plan
Chapter 66: Conflicted
Chapter 67: "Always."
Chapter 68: Perfect
Chapter 69: Just Us
Chapter 70: The Truth
Chapter 71: Moments
Chapter 72: Completely Content & Perfectly Happy
Authors Note

Chapter 53: It Worked

12.1K 507 83
By Posh777

27 Weeks Along

-Harry's POV-

It worked.

I can't help but smile to myself as my left hand grips the steering wheel and my right rests on Av's thigh.

She's with me. We're headed back to our flat. We're together.

It worked.

It was a one in a million chance, but I couldn't not take it. When I heard Gem raving to Finn about how he had to eat at this particular cafe, I knew the chances of him taking Ava there today were slim. But slim was better then nothing.

And slim turned out to be fucking brilliant.

Gem didn't question me when I suggested we go to the Orchard. After she'd went on about it long enough, it seemed like a reasonable choice. She had no idea I didn't give a fuck about how wonderful their mug of soup and sarrnies were.

All I cared about was that one in a million chance that Finn and Ava would walk into the same cafe at the same time we were there.

I tried not to let myself get to worked up over the prospect, but it couldn't be helped. I'd never eaten so slowly before, never set up quite so straight every time someone walked through the door.

When the two teenage girls came up to our table and blocked my view of it, I'd nearly lost it.

I tried not to be rude. Tried to force a smile on my face as they asked for an autograph. I don't even know what they said, what I nodded my head in agreement to as I scribbled my name on the back of their phone cases.

All I could think of was that front door.

And who could possibly... just maybe.. be walking through it.

The second they were gone I took a big swig of my water, trying to calm myself. When I saw Gemma' whole body tense as she stared across the small cafe, I knew.

My heart nearly beat out of my chest as her eyes flicked to me. I couldn't look, to afraid to be disappointed.

'What is it?' I barely got the words out as I took in Gem's widened eyes and furrowed brow.

'Ava.'

One word.

One name.

I can't even begin to describe how it made me feel.

It worked.

The moment my eyes met hers, those big brown eyes I've missed so bloody much, I knew I'd made a terrible mistake.

Hearing her voice was hard enough. But seeing her... sat in a chair in the very same room as me.. swollen belly pressing against the table.. I knew just seeing her wouldn't be enough. It would never be enough.

When she stood abruptly, knocking over a glass in her hurry to leave I didn't hesitate. I couldn't just let her leave.

My mind was a proper mess when we were finally alone, locked in a shitty bathroom to hide from the world.

She was so fucking beautiful. I'd missed her so fucking much.

Just having her near me I felt whole again. Like this missing piece was put back into place.

One I didn't want to say goodbye to just yet. I had her with me, finally.

I had to take her home.

We were both silent the entire drive. Both to afraid to speak. Afraid if we did somehow this bubble we were in would pop. And we would be seen.

But we weren't.

As I pulled into the safety of the garage and the door closed behind us I let out a loud sigh of relief.

I wasn't the only one.

We both laughed when our eyes met. We'd gotten away with it.

It worked.

"Going to invite me inside?" Ava raised an eyebrow at me, making me grin like a proper fool.

"Nope. Invite means you've a choice to say no. I'm gonna go with insist.. Yeah... I insist you come inside."

"Do you?"

"Mean that in every sense of the word."

She shakes her head at me, her eyes practically dancing. "Perv."

"Cheeky." I correct with a smirk, "Now out you go, won't be spending our time together separated by a bloody console."

I don't waste any time in getting out of the car and jogging around to her side. She lets me have my fun, waiting so I can open the door for her and offer her my hand.

I pull her into the house before she can grab her bag, to excited that she's here to worry over it.

To excited to think straight.

I want to hug her, sit with her, hold her, talk to her, kiss her, and make love to her all at once.

"You thirsty?" I question as I try to decide which room to lead her to.

"No."

"Hungry?"

"Not really." She smiles at me, almost laughing at my frazzled condition.

"Hhhmmmm." I nod, running my hand through my hair as I stop us in the foyer. My eyes glancing back and forth between the living room and upstairs towards the bedroom.

"Everything alright?" She bites her lip as I look down at her, squeezing my hand.

"Yeah.." I nod, "Course. Yeah."

My eyes once again flick back and forth between the two possible destinations.

"What are we doing?" She chuckles.

"Nothing. Just ummm... Thought maybe... You want to talk for a bit? Or..." My voice fades off as I suddenly feel a bit embarrassed.

Why I do, I have no bloody clue. Sex is never something I'm shy about, not with Ava. She knows I want her constantly and I'm not ashamed of the horny teenager I turn into whenever I think about getting into her knickers.

But I don't want her thinking I just asked her here for a shag. I would happily just sit and talk with her all night.

But I would more then happily bury myself in her all night.

My jeans noticeably tighten, causing Ava to raise her eyebrows.

"Or...?" She prods me, obviously loving the state she has me in.

"I.. Uh, dunno......" I stumble over my words like a right idiot, "We could.. ya know.. go to bed? Or not. Whichever you want........ What do you want to do? Anything's fine. You want to sit? We could sit for a while."

"Sitting is fine." She peeks up at me through long eyelashes. "But I'd much rather take your clothes off."

I choke on my own breath as my girl smirks up at me. We've apparently switched roles. Ava's rarely one to be bold sexually. She's shy, innocent in a way. In a fucking sexy as hell way.

But hearing her say she wants me outright, makes the blood run straight to my dick. Her cute accent rolling over the dirty words gives the whole innocent bit a run for it's money.

"Sounds much better then sitting if I'm being honest. Loads better." I grin, quickly turning her around and placing one arm behind her back and the other under her knees.

She gasps in surprise as I sweep her up off her feet easily, hastily carrying her up the stairs.

Her arms wraps tightly around my shoulders as her scent hits me.

Lavender. So sweet.

Suddenly I have the overwhelming urge to taste her skin.

And her lips. Maybe more...

I want all of her. Now and as many times as possible before she has to leave.

She has to leave...

I push the depressing thought from my mind. I can't think of that right now. Can't think of her leaving.

What matters right now is that she's here. With me. Where she belongs.

What matters right now is that my plan, as fucked up and desperate as it was, worked.

It worked.

_______________________
Please vote!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
3.1K 44 20
Niall was just at the beginning of his career and he had met the girl of his dreams, Kendall. Kendall had been Harry's childhood bestfriend and was i...
1M 26.8K 37
You may think that this is a cute family story about two people who's in love, but no, it's a lot more complicated than that. You see, this was never...
3.1K 7 7
You and Harry Styles have been married for 3 years and are planning to expand your family, but who came up with the idea and how did it turn out? Fin...