Pernicious

By trynafindjesss

"The things I could make you feel" He whispered as he delicately tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear tha... More

INTRODUCTION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.

14.

287 16 17
By trynafindjesss

Evelyn Jones

I was walking towards the expensive looking car after my shift like I always did since past 6 days.

It's been 4 days since that little incident in the washroom.

The next day when Kayden came to pick me up from my apartment building, I half expected him to be nice like that day. But he was back to being a bastard.

I gave him a small smile as I walked towards him but he just looked at me blankly, glanced at my body, put his sunglasses back on and got inside the car.

When we were on our way I thanked him for helping me in the washroom. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows but didn't said anything.

Later that night when he dropped me back at my apartment, I again gave him a smile and genuinely thanked him for the ride for the first time.

He looked at me with a glint of surprise in his eyes but then he just raised his eyebrows at me and said 'If you want my dick so bad you just have to ask, you know that right?' My smile vanished at his remark and I got out of the car without another glance at him.

The day after that he snapped at me for thanking him again for the ride. Told me to 'shut the fuck up' and 'I don't wanna listen to your bullishit.'

I understood that being nice to him wouldn't change anything. And the curiosity that I had for him died. I mean curiosity killed the cat at the end and I had no fucking desire to get myself in a pit of shit. He is trouble, that's for sure, and it's better for me to keep my distance from him.

He acted like nothing ever happened in that washroom. I don't give a fuck about it now anyways.

I didn't regard him in any way as I got inside the car this time and he didn't seem to mind.

He was wearing a black button up with few of it's top buttons open, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and jeans. Even in this simple outfit he looked incredibly sexy.

I was practically forcing myself to not turn my head and look at him. Why does he have to be so handsome? He gave me a once-over and started driving on the empty road.

I was looking out of the window when I heard his voice. "How old are you?"

"24." I said without turning to look at him because I knew if I did, I'd gawk at him. God, I hated being so out of place.

"How old are you?" I asked taking the opportunity to learn some basic information about him. He is older than me that's for sure but he didn't looked that old.

He didn't answer me. I knew he wouldn't. I didn't bother to repeat my question but I was surprised when he did answer after a few minutes.

"28." He said.

"What is your full name Lyn?" Didn't his friend gave him this information? Or was he just asking it again to annoy me? I was in no mood of playing introduction again but I have no choice.

"Evelyn Mariee Jones. Your friend already has all the information about me so you can learn it from him if you want." I said in a calm voice.

"I don't want to learn it from a second person when I've the person about whom I want information right in front of me." He said blankly and furrowed his eyebrows while looking at the rare-view mirror.

A car was speeding towards us. Kayden quickly rolled up the windows. Then the car dashed ours from behind with full force. I jerked forward in my seat but was saved by the seatbelt.

"Motherfucker." I heard Kayden whisper with a clenched jaw and tightened his hold on the steering wheel. Then he started driving like a mad man.

My eyes were wide and mouth was parted in fear, not knowing what was happening. Not a single sound coming out of my mouth due to the shock. And then I heard gunshots.

Holy fuck

This isn't happening.

"Not now for fucks sake." I heard Kayden gritting through his teeth. The way he was driving at such speed only made me believe that I was going to die tonight. Either because of car crash or a bullet.

A bullet hit the window at the back of the car and I screamed.

"Put your head down Evelyn! Right now!" Kayden yelled at me and I did. I crouched with my hands on my head. Tears had started to fall from my eyes.

The car was now trying to come beside us. A bullet hit the window on my side and the glass shattered above me. At this Kayden started driving faster. "Son of a bitch!" He yelled.

There were a lot of gunshots which were directed towards our car without any doubt.  Many hit the car. Could make it out from the sound of it hitting the metal body of the car.

Kayden swerved the car many times to loose the car behind us and my body slammed hard against the door whenever he did. It was a struggle to not throw up from all the movement.

After sometime Kayden slowed down the car but I couldn't bring myself to move from my position. I was a trembling mess. My arm that slammed against the door was hurting like hell.

"We are safe now." Kayden said after a few minutes but I didn't listen. Still too shocked to make sense of everything that happened.

"Lyn I said we are safe. Now straighten the fuck up and stop acting like a child." He ordered angrily.

"Give me a second okay!" I yelled in a shaky voice. I heard him huff out in annoyance.

I finally straightened up after a few minutes and I knew my eyes were red from all the crying.

I clutched my right arm and rested my head against the seat. Kayden was silent. Didn't said anything for a really long time.

"You'll be staying at my place for the night, Lyn. I can't risk turning around. We have come far from your apartment and my place is closer than yours now." He said in a low voice.

I didn't say anything because I knew he wasn't asking and I had no say in the matter.

"Do you understand Lyn?"

"Yes." I said tiredly. I've started ignoring it everytime he calls me that now. We didn't once look at eachother the entire ride.

___

The car stopped after 15 minutes. Kayden rolled down his window and pressed his thumb on a blue glowing device that looked like a scanner and the gates opened in front of us.

A huge two story building came into view. The ground floor looked more of like a garage. Kayden clicked on his phone as we drove near the house slowly and the shutter to the garage started rising upwards.

He parked the car inside and then the shutter shutted back when he clicked on his phone again. It was dark for a few seconds but then the lights turned on.

There were two more cars on either side of the car we were in. Both of them looked expensive. The garage alone looked like my whole apartment would fit in here.

We got out of the car and Kayden started making his way towards the right. Not knowing what to do I started following him.

He stood in front of a lift and again pressed his thumb on a scanner beside it. The doors opened and he got inside, me following after him.

That's when I saw a few little pieces of glass penetrated in his skin and the trail of blood looking like veins on his right forearm.

He took out his phone and called someone. I was standing on the side and he was leaning at the back.

The doors opened within a minute and Kayden got out. When I stepped out, my lips parted in surprise. The living room was huge. Really fucking huge.

With dark wooden flooring, floor to ceiling windows which were at least 25 feet away from where I was standing, three huge sofas in front of it, one facing a really huge tv mounted on the wall, one with its back to the lift and the other in front of it,  between the sofas was a marble block which was the centre table. Below the tv was a fireplace, to the right far end was an open kitchen with black cabinets and countertops and to the left was a hallway.

I was still standing near the lift with my tote bag and clutching my arm, not knowing where to go.

Kayden emerged from the hallway with an angry expression. A lit cigarette between his lips, still talking to someone on the phone.

His hand didn't have any pieces of glass now but the blood was still there. He looked at me and then made his way towards the fireplace from behind the sofa that was in front of the windows.

"Alright." He said hanged up the call. After taking one last long drag from the almost ending cigarette, he threw it in the fireplace. He turned around to look at me and his  gaze fell on the hand clutching my arm.

He walked towards me. "Are you hurt?"

"No." I said and stopped clutching my arm.

He then looked at my left hand which was holding my arm and his eyebrows furrowed. I followed his gaze. My palm had blood on it. But I didn't get hurt. Kayden came closer and held my right wrist.

I winced when I flinched and contracted the muscles of my right arm in reflex to his touch.

I looked at my right arm and saw a cut. I did get hurt I guess. He loosened his grip but didn't leave my wrist. Then he pulled me towards the hallway with him.

It was a long hallway. It had a door at the end. As we walked further inside I passed one more door on my left and then we got inside a door to the right.

It was a bathroom with black marble flooring and walls. Almost everything was black, even the huge tub near the wall facing door and the huge shower opposite to the sink.

It was as big as my bedroom. He pulled me inside and closed the door. He bent down and opened a cabinet under the sink which was on the left, taking out a first aid box.

He place it on the counter and then made his way towards me. He held my wrist gently and tugged me towards the counter.

My eyes went wide when he picked me up and placed me on it. He was still a few inches taller. This man is like a fucking tree.

He held my wrist and stood there for a few seconds looking at the wound. "I would have lifted up your sleeve to examine your arm but it'll get bunched near the wound and will not go up any further." He said and looked at me.

I stared back at him knowing what it meant. I should ask him to cut the sleeve off, ask him to leave and let me take care of the wound. But I didn't. I didn't say any of that.

Instead I asked him to hold the end of my left sleeve as I wiggled my left hand out. Once it was out I got my head out of the sweatshirt and then slowly removed it from my right hand. Kayden was watching me carefully. Not doing anything more than asked to do.

There is a cut on my upper arm around four inch long. It didn't look really deep or anything serious but it did hurt as hell now.

Must have been caused by my arm hitting the door after the window shattered above me.

My arm was red from all the slamming against the door. Guess I didn't really feel the glass cut me because of the fear and shock I was in.

I'm just in my black lace bra and jeans now. When I looked up I saw Kayden looking down at by body. His lips were slightly parted. Then he closed his mouth and clenched his jaw. He walked away and brought a washcloth, soaking it with cold tap water.

He gently took my arm and started cleaning around the wound.

"You don't need stitches." He said as he took a tube of an antibiotic cream and I winced when he applied it on the wound. He pulled his hand away.

"It may hurt." He said, his actions gentler than before. I looked up at his face and noticed his jaw was still clenched. Hard eyes focused on the wound, like he was forcing himself to not let them wander anywhere else.

I don't know what has gotten into me but I really wanted him to look at me. So I leaned a little to where he was standing to my right, leaned sideways against the counter.

Kayden either didn't notice or decided to ignore. That's when I realised how close we were. I raised my head a little and I noticed how his entire body stiffened, now aware of what I was doing and the closeness between us.

He looked into my eyes and I nearly chocked on my breath by the look he gave me. Never in my entire life have I been terrified and turned on at the same time.

He looked like he wanted to devour me. Like an animal kept on lesh, waiting to be released, silently observing his prey in silence before attacking. I parted my lips to breathe better because I was sure I'd faint if I didn't.

There were a few customers I attended tonight in the private bar-rooms who were smoking weed and I don't know whether inhaling some of the smoke from the surrounding can affect you but I think I'm high as fuck right now because I again raised my head slightly to get closer to his.

This time Kayden too leaned his head towards me, looking straight into my eyes. He leaned even more and I closed my eyes. I felt his mouth near my right cheek and then it was near my ear. He tucked my hair behind my ear and brushed my hair off my shoulder.

I could feel his breath near my ear and then my jaw. His mouth went lower until it was near my neck.

His hot breath on my neck made goosebumps erupt all over my body. His lips were so close to my skin that it felt like if I even breathe too fast or move even an inch, his lips will be on my neck. His hair was tickling the skin of my cheek. God I really fucking need my inhaler.

He placed his left hand behind me on the counter and the other held the edge of the counter between my legs.

"God, Lyn." He whispered against my neck and I felt the tip of his nose lightly touch the skin of my neck for a millisecond.

"You don't know how much power you fucking hold right now." I took a deep breath at this and his scent entered my nose. It didn't fucking help at all. I fought the urge to bury my head in the crook of his neck.

Everything was making me dizzy. His delicious scent, his closeness, his hand holding the edge of the counter between my legs. My heart was banging against my chest.

But then Kayden did something I didn't expect him to do. He pulled his head away and rested his chin on his left shoulder.

I turned my head and looked at him with confusion. He bit the inside of his cheek and let out a sharp breath. He straightened up, took a bandage roll out of the first aid box and started wrapping my arm.

I knew he wanted me. He made it very clear in that hallway.

The things I could make you feel.

His words still ring in my head at night sometimes or whenever I walk through that hallway. I don't know how I feel right now. I feel so....I don't know? Frustrated? God, I hate him for making me feel this way.

Kayden finished wrapping my arm and kept the box back in the cabinet under the sink. I hopped off the counter and grabbed my sweatshirt.

"You can take the spare bedroom or the sofa. I don't really care." He said while washing dried blood off his forearm, keeping his eyes on his arm.

There he is. Back to being a dick.

"Okay." I said and put my sweatshirt back on.

"And help yourself if you're hungry." He added as he walked out of the bathroom. I got out too and the door at the end of the hallway closed shut. Great.

I walked out of the hallway and sat on the sofa. I'm really tired but I don't want to sleep in a random bedroom, on a random bed. The couch doesn't look that uncomfortable tho.

So the couch it is then I guess.

//

Almost 3k words. Phew.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.3K 54
18+ | Angel and demon brought together by accident. Sparks fly and moans reverberate through their bedroom but...neither one knows who they are to e...
139K 3.4K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
14.9K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
6.9K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...