A Blaze In My Heart

By PinkFruityFabGirl

[BOOK 3/3 of the MY HEART series] Book 1: Key To My Heart Book 2: King of My Heart [NOTE: this book contains... More

1. "You can't read?"
2. "You are two minutes late."
3. "This is an office, Miss Woods, not a concert."
4. "This is your hell and I'm the devil."
5. "You really are the devil."
6. "Come!"
7. "Your words were infused with sarcasm."
8. "Please keep your un-showered self away from me."
9. "One against five. How wonderful."
10. "I shall not discuss my decisions with you."
11. "True, because my taste isn't that mediocre."
12. "Well, you don't own my mouth."
13. "You're right. You look miserable."
14. "I'll put you over my shoulder."
15. "I warned you."
16. "For the record, your ass is small."
17. "S-stop taking off your clothes!"
18. "Would you dump me for him?"
19. "Want me to carry you?"
20. "Did you just call me feral? You're a beast!"
21. "Not that kind of sleeping."
22. "Did you borrow this swimsuit from your grandma?"
24. "Make me."
25. "Don't come after me!"
26. "...more than just charm and looks."
27. "I might be addicted to her smart mouth."
28. "And his stamina... it's like through the roof."
29. "Look into my eyes and say it."
30. "Don't lie, Miss Woods. I can smell the purity on you."
31. "Are you daft? I didn't write this."
32. "Are you saying I can call you anytime?"
33. "Be assured that I would rip him apart."
34. "Open your legs for me, angel." ๐ŸŒถ
35. "I'm sorry for having an insane libido?"
36. "My dessert is between your legs." ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
37. "Don't go, okay? Otherwise I'll be cold and lonely."
38. "Awww is the big, bad devil obsessed with me?"
39. "I always knew you were a witch."
40. "Then don't keep your hands to yourself." ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
41. "The lady I give mind blowing orgasms to."
42. "I do believe I've lost the ability to walk." ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
43. "Hell with you sounds like heaven to me."
44. "You can have one bite. It won't ruin your six pack, don't worry."
45. "Have you ever been kissed in the rain?"
46. "I'm certain you'll scare the creepiest of demons away."
47. "I'm thinking of having you for breakfast." ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
48. "You don't need clothes when you're with me." ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
49. "It smells horrible in there and there's a lizard!"
50. "Think you can say that in a voice note?"
51. "I'm more passionate about you." ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
52. "You can look, sunshine. There's nothing you haven't already seen." ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
53. "You're still seeing other women, aren't you?"
54. "Why are you torturing me these days, Miss Woods? Or are you bored of me?"
55. "I have a life, Blayze! I have work to do, places to be."
56. "And if you were so brave, you wouldn't hide your face."
57. "Please don't ever hurt yourself again."
58. "Don't you feel anything for me?"
59. "Her last location shows your house."
60. "Go on. Kill me. Now's the perfect chance."
61. "Hold my hand. Let's get out of here."
62. "I can feel her heart beating out there somewhere."
63. "And I swear, I will torture you until you beg me for death."
64. "Hang in there, please."
65. "Me nearly dying came to be of use after all."
66. "You can coax me into selling my soul to the devil."
67. "I care more about Mihrimah, if I'm being honest."
68. "Not the first time you're seeing me naked."
69. "Any day we spend together is special."
70. "Don't look at him, and don't even think about touching him."
71. "I made him pay the price for hurting my husband-to-be."
72. "Bold of you to assume I would let my wife pay for anything."
73. "You can scream at me, you can even hit me. I'll still be there for you."
Forever, The Blaze In My Heart

23. "Miss Woods, get out of there. Now."

416 78 21
By PinkFruityFabGirl

(1391 words)

"Mr. Colton, Mr. Colton." A male voice frantically called from behind, breaking whatever spell me and Blayze were under.

I cleared my throat awkwardly as Blayze's arms abandoned my waist, his body moving away from mine, snatching away all the warmth.

It was Harrison who had showed up, and he bore a panic-stricken expression. "What's wrong?" Blayze asked him annoyedly.

"Mr. Colton, it's urgent. I need you to come with me." He said, his voice holding urgency.

Blayze instantly got out of the pool and went with Harrison, leaving me there in the water by myself.

After drying myself off and covering up with a loose cardigan, I took the elevator up to our hotel room, trying not to think back to the moment I just shared with Blayze. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't eradicate the image of his eyes staring at me as if nothing else in the world existed, the feel of his arms around my waist and our bodies flush together.

I massaged my temples as I walked through the corridor toward our room. I kept telling myself that I could not be infatuated with Blayze Colton. Out of all the guys in the world, I could not feel any sort of attraction for him.

We hated each other. A water fight and some playful minutes couldn't change that, right? However, I couldn't any longer bring myself to believe that I hated him. Not after the sudden change I had seen in him. Not after I had witnessed what he was like underneath his facade of coldness and arrogance. He was also a normal human being, with emotions, capable of smiling and laughing, and being nice.

I couldn't say anymore that I couldn't stand him. After the small gestures he'd shown from giving me his shoes to letting me sleep on his shoulder to putting me in bed so that I wouldn't have to sleep on the couch, I couldn't perceive him as a bad person anymore. Those gestures, however small they were, meant a huge deal to me.

I could easily say that I didn't despise Blayze Colton anymore. At least not as much as I did before. But affirmatively, there was no way I was developing feelings for him. Falling for a guy who had a new woman in his bed every now and then, was a foolish thing to do, and I knew better than that.

A few more days and I'd be out of his life, then nothing would matter. He wouldn't matter. The moments we shared would become a thing of the past, to never be remembered again.

I pushed the door of the room open, stepping inside, but the sight before me instantly made me halt in my track. Things were thrashed around, the lamps laying on the floor, broken; papers and stationery scattered all over, the duvet ripped apart along with the bedsheet.

My heart stood still in my chest as I took the view in. Did Blayze lose his temper over something and threw things around? But him breaking the lamps out of rage seemed rational to me, not him ruining the whole room.

Nope. He didn't do this.

Someone broke in.

A chill crawled down my spine, the hair on my neck standing alert in fear, as I slipped my hand into my purse to take my phone out. That was when my gaze fell on a paper stabbed with a knife in the centre of the bed.

I approached it slowly, while looking for Blayze's number in my contacts at the same time. My heart stood still as I read the words on the page, written with blood.

You called for war when you chose to threaten me.

My fingers dialled Blayze's number, my eyes looking around frantically, fearing that whoever broke in might jump out of a corner and hurt me.

"Yes?" Blayze's voice was impatient.

"B-Blayze... someone broke into our room." I whispered, my feet frozen on the ground.

"What?! Miss Woods, get out of there. Now. I'm coming up." He commanded.

I wanted to reply, but couldn't. I wanted to move, but my feet wouldn't allow it. "Mihrimah! Are you listening to me?!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Y-yes."

"Get out of there!" He repeated, his voice loud and urgent. I could tell he was running.

"I-I can't... I—" The line went dead. That was when I heard some movement behind me, my body stilling on the spot, not daring to glance back.

"Well, if it isn't Ethan Woods' daughter." A sinister voice spoke from behind.

Mihrimah, calm down.

I swallowed my fear and turned around to face the intruder, not letting my terror show. The man wore a hoodie and a black mask on his face to conceal his identity.

"Who are you?" I asked, grateful that my voice came out strong.

"It's good that you're here. I can kill two birds with one stone." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"What do you want?" I demanded, but the man only eyed me with his grey eyes and turned to leave.

I stood frozen on the spot, wondering whom that could be and what he could possibly want from me or Blayze. And if he did want to kill me, why did he just leave like that?

"Mihrimah!" Blayze appeared at the door a minute later, his breathing uneven as he rushed inside.

"Blayze," I gasped out in relief, rushing up to him and wrapping my arms around him impulsively.

I expected him to push me away, but he held me, one of his arms wrapping around my back and the other around my head. "Are you okay?" He whispered. My fear seemed to alleviate, and I began to feel safe.

"Yes," I whispered back, before realising the intimate position we were in. I pushed myself away from his embrace, diverting my gaze to the ground. "There was a guy in here... he was wearing a hoodie and a mask, so I couldn't see who he was. B-but he knows who I am, and he... he said that it's good we're both here because now he can kill two birds with one stone."

Blayze frowned. "What could he possibly want from you?"

"I don't know... there's a note stabbed into the bed." I pointed toward it, and he headed for it. I watched as he read it, his eyes darkening.

"We need to shift to another hotel." He stated.

"Do you know who could have done this?" I asked. He didn't reply, only went to gather his stuff. "Miss Woods, pack your things. We need to leave."

"You know, don't you?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Miss Woods—"

"I won't go anywhere until you tell me who that was! This does not only concern you, it concerns me too. That man threatened me as well." I argued.

He sighed deeply, before turning his attention to me. "It's my biggest rival, Ezra Greene."

I frowned. "Why would he do this? Because you got the deal?"

"Maybe that, or maybe as revenge for when I held his sister hostage."

My frown deepened. "Why would you hold his sister hostage?"

He sighed again. "Remember when the data of my app got stolen? He did it. I held his sister hostage, asked him to return my data and he'd get his sister back."

"Okay... and that note on the bed? It's written with blood." I brought up.

"It's probably the blood of one of my men, who's been killed. That's why Harrison came to call me at the pool."

That was all too much information for me, and I wanted to drop to the ground. Never had something so crazy happened to me before.

"Why did he mention wanting to kill me too?" I questioned.

Blayze frowned. "I understand his enmity with me, but I don't know what he could possibly want from you."

I nodded my head. It was spinning.

"Miss Woods, please pack your stuff."

"Okay." I mumbled, dragging my feet to my suitcase. I opened it to put my things inside.

A scream escaped my mouth, as I crawled away from it in fear.

"What's wrong?!" Blayze's voice was urgent and concerned.

"There's a cut up hand in there." I whimpered.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Who's Ezra Greene? And what does he want from Mihrimah?

Remember to vote and comment.

Next chapter comes on the 14th. Something exciting happens in chapter 24.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
168K 9.4K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
2.5M 91.2K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
5.8M 139K 63
๐€ ๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐๐‚๐„ ๐›/๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ. ๐‘ฐ๐’• ๐’•๐’๐’๐’Œ ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Ž ๐’•๐’ ๐’“๏ฟฝ...